I can't love you

To Love is The Hardest Thing To Do

 

|Yuri|
This past few months, everything went fine.
Well for my classmates, it is the start of a new semester, my friends are having fun, and for me...
Well as for me, I still don't know why but I am still sad.
The pain is still there, and I just hope that little by little, I can bear with it.

This is the same old Yuri!
I tried my best not to change everything. I am happy when I am happy.
But when I am sad.. the mask is there, the mask..I am hiding in that mask.
I still don't know why but if the topic goes to him, I can't help but to be sad.
But I have to be fine.. I really have to.. Because Yuri is strong!
Even before I met him, I am strong. And I have to..right?

"Yuri, what are we going to present this Friday?" JaeJin asked.

"It's your choice now" I replied.

And.. now he is the one who is right here by my side.
JaeJin is fine now, everything is normal as if he doesn't have any sickness or disease, He is just like the typical JaeJin before.
But now he is more cheerful and he is now smiling than before. Well for me, I am happy and glad for him.

He is the one who cheers me up, and that's the only thing that changed.
He is not the JaeJin who just gave me cold looks and glares and just gave me little talks.
I saw the JaeJin in the island. The caring and funny side of him.

"Yuri?"

"Neh?"

"Are you okay? Are you listening to me?" He asked.

"Neh" I answered. "If you are listening, tell the last five words I said" He said.

"Uhmmmm...uhmm...ermm.." I whispered.

"See? You are not listening" He pouted.

"Okay fine, I didn't hear what you have been said, so what is it?" I asked.

"I said.. if.. Can we go somewhere else" JaeJin smiled.

"Where?" I asked "In the bookstore" He replied.

"Why?" I asked again "I want to buy a new book to read, that's all" JaeJin said.

"That's it? Sure, of course" I replied.

But I can't hide the fact that I know he likes me.. or maybe more than that.
After I read that sketch pad turned into a diary, I don't know how to act on him.
I don't know how to treat him an d I don't know how to look at him.
It feels uncomfortable knowing the fact that I love Donghae and yet his brother likes me too.
It's just like Yoona running and carrying the torch for JaeJoong while Kibum is also running and carrying the torch for her.
Just like them, they keep on running and chasing for each other as they carry the torch.
They'll just get tired... and in the end they'll find who is really meant for her.. and that is Kibum.

But the point is.. how about us?
I know Donghae is not the only boy in this world.
But he is the only one.. he is the only one who made me feel this way.
But I am still happy.. I am still happy because he let me feel what love is.
The thing is.. I can't imagine myself loving another one.
Because I don't expect one, wait for one, and I don't want one... if it is not him.

Just then, Yoona is calling me. Yeah, she always wants to have a video call with me.
Isn't she sweet? For 3 months.. I admit I missed her.. miss them..miss him..

"Oh, It's Yoona.. a video call again?" JaeJin chuckled.

"That's how she miss me" I chuckled.

I pressed the button and We can now see each other thru phone.

"Yurishiii!!!" Yoona cheered like a baby.
"Why?" I asked.
"Oh, Hi JaeJin!!!" Yoona greeted him.
"Hi!" JaeJin smiled.
"Anyways, why did you call?" I asked.
"I'll just call Jessica Unnie, Okay?" Yoona said.

This girl is really excited. I don't know why but she really is.

"Hi Yul, Hi JaeJin" Jessica said.
"So, we are glad to say that..." Yoona paused.
"We are going back! Aisshh I miss Korea" Jessica cheered.
"Really???" I asked, smiling.
"Neh, Did you miss me?" Yoona smiled like crazy.
"Of course... of course neh" I smiled.
"Yah, so what would you like to have when we come back?" Jessica asked.
"Can you buy me a new manga book, Noona?" JaeJin requested.
"Aigooooo.. I don't have money" Jessica chuckled "But I'll buy one"
"Thanks!" JaeJin smiled.
"JaeJin take care of Yuri okay? We'll be shopping now, see you guys soon!" Yoona smiled.
"Okay, take care, bye" I said.
"Bye!!" Yoona and Jessica waved.

After almost 2 months or 3 for a semester..Yeah It's a new semester.. A new grading period. Another month.
A new start? I don't know..
Why?
Can I start a new.. without him?

------------------------------------------------

-At the Airport-

This is it.
There they are.

"Yuri!!!!!" Yoona cheered as she hugged me tight.

I broke the hug and made a fake cough.
I glanced at Yoona and Kibum and said "Uhmm... what are you waiting for?"

Yoona chuckled as she hugged Kibum. They looked so happy.
The group hugged Jessica as well.

"Welcome back!!" SeoHyun smiled.

They start having a conversation as they walk until we entered the limo.
I tried to be happy by smiling and all I need to do is to be quiet.

"By the way where is Hae oppa?" SeoHyun asked.
I can't blame her from asking that because she is oblivious of what is happening, even the whole group doesn't know about this.

I saw Yoona and Jessica looked at me as they bit their lips.
Suddenly JaeJin spoke "He called me.. he told me that he'll just finish some missed lessons and exams and he'll come back here"

"Right Noona?" JaeJin said as he looked at Jessica.

"Uhmmmm yeah yeah" Jessica smiled in relief.

We stopped at Jessica's house and everybody cheered and have fun for the welcome party like crazy.
As of me, I just stayed at the empty bench outside the house.
Having deep thoughts... as a surge of memories flooded my mind.. happy thoughts and memories of us...
of Donghae and me.

I closed my eyes wishing in the stars that when I open it.. It will be Donghae in front of me.

"Yuri"

I opened my eyes and it was JaeJin.

I want to avoid JaeJin, but he is always concerned with me.
But I have to right? I don't want to hurt him.
It's not just because he is Donghae's brother, but because I know about his feelings towards me.
I mean, if he still have that kind of feeling for me, It will be really hard on my part now that I still love his brother.
I have to admit that I still love Donghae. And I can't move on, you know..there is something inside me that tells me I mustn't give up or to let go.
I am still hoping for him to come back, hoping that he still loves me.

I still don't get why he do that to me. If the reason is JaeJin, why is he making things hard for the three of us?
If he is letting go just for me to be with JaeJin, Does he think if I can be happy with him?

I hate him. I hate him for making me love him so much.
Because I didn't expect this, I didn't see myself crying over one guy who just came quickly into my life.
He quickly came and he quickly left.
And I hate how much he made me fall and love him.

And I have to admit that I am still waiting, and expecting for him to come back.
I am wishing that he'll go back, together with the two girls...together with Jess and Yoona.

Hoping isn't hard right? Because I am willing to.

"Yuri" JaeJin said.

I was surprised as I wiped my tears.

"You are sad" JaeJin said "Can you smile for a moment?"

|end of pov|

Yuri looked at him coldly and said "Excuse me"

Yuri tried to avoid him but JaeJin is blocking her way.
She tries to pass by but JaeJin is stopping her.
Until she gave up and looked at him coldly "Why are you doing this?"

"Why are you like this?" JaeJin asked as she pulled Yuri back.

But she didn't answer.

"Are you still expecting him to come back?" JaeJin asked softly.

She didn't respond.

"I know you are waiting for him.."

"Yuri please tell me" JaeJin pleaded.

"Yes I am! Are you happy now?" Yuri said as she glared at him.

"No I am not" JaeJin said "Because seeing you cry or hurt gives a lot of pain in my heart"

"I know" Yuri said.

"Yuri... I think this is the time.. I love you" JaeJin said.

"I know" Yuri heaved out a sigh. "What do you mean?"

"I know how much you love me, and..since the day that I knew it, I don't know what to do, I know you are not oblivious that I still love Donghae, but I can't.."

"I can't love you even if you love me as much as he loves me"

JaeJin sighed "I know" he said.

"Just let me love you" JaeJin added.

"No, JaeJin" Yuri said "I am happy this way, I don't know how to start again"

"Let's start a new" JaeJin said.

"I am not a calculator" Yuri said "If I am, I'll just press the reset button just for me to restart.. but I am not"

"It takes time, you'll just get tired of waiting" Yuri said.

"You'll also get tired of waiting for him as well" JaeJin said.

"I am sorry" Yuri said.

It's been a sad atmosphere for them.
Yuri felt guilty while JaeJin felt sad.
JaeJin wiped his tears and hold her hands.
He smiled at her and wiped her tears with his thumb.
"I want you to be happy" he whispered.

"What do you mean?" Yuri asked.

"I think it is worth waiting for him" JaeJin said

"JaeJin I don't understand,,,I-"

JaeJin pulled her for a hug and kissed her forehead.
And then he said"I am always here for you, I'll support you all the way"

"Just promise me, don't cry anymore" JaeJin said as he pulled the hug.

"Thank you JaeJin" Yuri hugged him "And I am sorry"

"I understand.. arasso?" JaeJin said as he hugged her again.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be so glad if I receive comments :) To the new readers and subscribers, Hello! I hope you are enjoying to read my fanfic ^_______^ To my readers and subscribers from the very start (From Winglin to AFF or since I posted this story here on AFF) Thank you! Stay tuned ♥