The Notebook

To Love is The Hardest Thing To Do

He looked at the last page and saw a portrait.
He was surprised at the portrait.
The drawing is still not complete , but looking at it, he could recognize who the person is.
On that moment he froze yet he sighed.

"So this is the reason"

------------------------------------

"Donghae ah!" Yuri cheered and kissed his cheeks.

But still Donghae didn't respond or even looked at her.
And that made Yuri confused.

"What's wrong again fishy?" Yuri smiled.

Having thoughts on his mind, he can't utter any word.
But Yuri insisted so much and she whined on him.

"Yah, Donghae, c'mmon, spill it out, don't let a brain hemorrhage happen on your head okay, spill it!" Yuri whined and then she laughed.

When she noticed that Donghae looked so serious, she pouted then sighed.
Donghae finally looked at her and slowly his lips started to curl and smiled on her.

"Ayeeiii, Yureeeee" Dongahe teased as he tickled Yuri.

"Yah, I thought you are angry with me!" Yuri shouted.

"It's just a joke" Donghae smiled but if you will notice it, it's just like plain.

"Yah" Yuri hugged him.

Donghae sighed and his smile turned into a frown.
It's seems like he is thinking of something heavy.

(DONGHAE'S POV)

"Donghae ah!" Yuri cheered and kissed my cheeks.

Here we go now, she is here, and I have to say something but...
But some things makes me change my mind.
I don't know what to say or I don't know what to do.

"What's wrong again fishy?" Yuri smiled.

I can't really utter any single word although I need to tell it to her.
I really need to say something but as if my mouth was tied and I can't speak.
Now she keeps on insisting.
She looks so happy and I don't want to ruin her mood.

"Yah, Donghae, c'mmon, spill it out, don't let a brain hemorrhage happen on your head okay, spill it!" Yuri whined and then she laughed.

After a moment, I think she is now upset and angry because she kept on sighing and giving pinpricks.

I gave up. I must think of other ways.
I am going crazy now and I don't know what to do.

I slowly smiled and faced Yuri.

"Ayeeiii, Yureeeee" I teased as I tickled Yuri.

"Yah, I thought you are angry with me!" Yuri shouted.

"It's just a joke"

"Yah" Yuri hugged him.

I don't know what to say, how to say, when to say or even where to say it.
What, How, When, Where.

"I thought you have a problem again, you seem so sad, If it's because of JaeJin.. oh! I remember, We were supposed to go together at the hospital right? Let's go!" Yuri said.

"Okay" That's the only word I said.

Now, she dragged me going outside of the school campus.

I sighed yet I am still hiding what i feel.

Since I read that notebook and I saw the half- finished portrait, I really think of it until I concluded and realized all of the things.
At first, I was so surprised. I never thought about his feelings.

But was that my fault? I just loved her and I am so oblivious about what he feels for Yuri.
I never thought that he loved her so much.
That he loved her as much as I loved her.

But then, I still felt the hurt inside,
He sacrificed so long for our happiness, and yet he is suffering because of his sickness.

All things are now clear to me. I must do something but I don't know where to start and I even don't know what to do.
How could we love just one girl?
Why did this girl both captured our hearts?

"Donghaeshiiii" Yuri waved her hands in front of my eyes.

I finally blinked from my thoughts.

"Are you with me? Why is that your mind is out of our world?"

"Earth to Donghae, come in Fishy" She cupped and spoke that she sounded like a walkie-talkie.

I can't help but laugh.
She is really funny and she makes up my day.
But..

"At last you laughed" Yuri smiled "Let's go in?" Yuri added.

She grabbed my hands and opened the door.
(END OF POV)

-------------------------------------------

"Yah!"

*BAM*

Yuri and Donghae both heard a sound of a broken glass.

"I said I don't want to!"

"But I-"

Yuri opened the door and saw Yuka in tears.
She looked down and saw a broken glass and a milk that is now spilled in the floor.
She looked up and saw JaeJin who's head is bowed.

"Yah! What did you do to Yuka!" Yuri shouted.

Donghae go beside Yuka and comforted her. "JaeJin what did you do?" He said.

"I visited him and I am just giving him his medicine because whenever the nurse is here he doesn't want to take it, so I come up to him and I also gave him some milk but he thrown the glass away" Yuka said as she cried.

Yuri rolled her eyes and looked at JaeJin.

"Don't you know that Yuka put an effort in gong here and help you? She is your friend and she is willing to help y-"

"I didn't ask help from her" JaeJin said.

"But still it is wrong to do that to her!" Yuri shouted.

"No, no, I think I'll just go" Yuka said.

"I'll go with you outside" Donghae said.
.
.
.
Yuri hold her temper. She was really upset with what JaeJin have done.

"Yuri, stay, I'll just walk with Yuka, I will come back later" Donghae said.

Yuri kept quiet and sat at the chair beside JaeJin when Donghae and Yuka already left.

Breathe in and Breathe out.
She doesn't know why but Yuri really felt angry.

JaeJin sighed and said "Mianhe"

"You mustn't say sorry to me, you must say sorry to Yuka" Yuri said.

"But I d-"

"Do it next time or else" Yuri said in a higher pitch.

He sighed and said "Fine"

Yuri looked unto him and said "Yah JaeJin"

"Hmmm?" JaeJin said.

"May I ask one question?" Yuri said.
.
.
.

Yuka wiped off her tears and bowed at Donghae.

"I'll go now" Yuka said as she faced Donghae.

"Yuka"

"Neh?"

"I am sorry for what JaeJin had acted a while ago" Donghae apologized.

"No worries" Yuka said "I'll go now" she added.

Donghae nodded and as he turned his back, Yuka called him once more.

"Donghae" She said.

"Why" He asked.

"We have to talk" Yuka said "About JaeJin" She added.
.
.
.
"May I ask you one question?"

"Sure" JaeJin answered.

"Don't you know how much Donghae is so worried about you? He wants you to have a tra-"

"Yah" JaeJin said "I said I don't want to" JaeJin continued.

"But why?" Yuri asked.

"Because It's better this way"

"Better? It's worst that way, C'mmon JaeJin, Your family loves you, your friends loves you, we love you, and we don't want something bad happen to you, don't you get that?" Yuri asked.

JaeJin remained silent.

"I know we are not that close. We are in the same clique of friends, with Yoona, Kibum, Honggi and others, but in all of us, we are the ones who are not really close" Yuri said.

"Your hyung even told me that you want to die....yah, are you crazy? Why would you want to?"

"Because it's better that way"

"It's better for you but for us it isn't" Yuri said.

"Yah, I don't want to have a long discussion okay" JaeJin said.

"Fine, If that's what you want, go now and die, even if it's hard for us" Yuri said as she sighed.

JaeJin sighed as well as he looked at Yuri's face who seems so worried.

"Yah, why do you care so much? Why are you so worried" JaeJin whispered.

"It is because we want to be with you more" Yuri answered "But It is you who doesn't want to stay"

"When we stayed at the island and when we are lost, I am very thankful enough because you took care of me and you almost saved my life"

"But"

"But what? You saved my life because you care for me right?" Yuri said.

"If you cared for me, this time I also care for you, so we want you to stay" She added.

"All of us care for you...especially.. me" Yuri said "And also your brother and your family"

JaeJin sighed and said.

"In my case, you could only count months, weeks or even days before I die, even if I undergo that operation, It's not 100 percent sure that I can live longer, so it's better this way, waiting until my time is up"

"Why don't we count years? we want you to stay longer for 5, 10,15,20 and more years until your hair turns white with your love one beside you" Yuri said.

"But if it is my time, it is my time, and if my time is up, I have nothing to do with that"

"Yah" Yuri shouted

"I thought you are smart!" Yuri said "But this time you are not using your rationality"

"Yes I am smart!" JaeJin shouted like a baby, and after that he stuck out his tongue to her.

JaeJin changed the mood into a happier one.
He shifted from being serious into a very childish JaeJin.

"Then prove it!" Yuri said.

"Deal" JaeJin said. "Let's do a game" JaeJin said.

"You are the nurse and I am the patient" He said and smiled.

JaeJin succeeded in making the atmosphere happy.

"Pabo" Yuri whispered.

JaeJin opened his mouth and said "I am hungry"

"Go now and eat" Yuri said.

"Ahhhhhhh" JaeJin opened his mouth wider.

"What do you want? You want me to feed you?"

JaeJin nodded and because of that, Yuri chuckled and get the soup.

"Here is the airplane!"

She get the spoon and feed JaeJin.

"I don't want an airplane, I want a train" JaeJin whined.

"Yah!" Yuri shouted. "If you are not Donghae's brother I will not do this okay" Yuri chuckled.

"I want a train" JaeJin whined.

"Fine" Yuri chuckled "Here is the train woot woot"

"Yummy" JaeJin smiled.

Donghae is staring at the door and do not disturb them.
He sighed and sit down at the vacant chair outside of the room.

"What should I do" Donghae whispered as his hands run up into his hair.

(Flashback)

"Donghae" She said.

"Why" He asked.

"We have to talk" Yuka said "About JaeJin" She added.

Donghae and Yuka went to the coffee shop near the hospital where JaeJin is.
Dongahe ordered some latte and he waited for Yuka to start the discussion.

"You know how much I like your brother...right?" Yuka said.

"And now I think I am starting to fall for him" she added.

Donghae sighed and answered "Yeah I know your feelings about him"

"But he doesn't like me" Yuka said "And I don't know why I feel this way, but I think I am hurt now"

He stayed quiet.

"How does it feel that your brother loves you girlfriend too?" Yuka said directly.

Donghae's eyes widened. "I know you also saw it" Yuka said.

"I saw you looking at his diary, and he is making a portrait of Yuri at the back of his notebook, although the drawing is still not finished, I know that she is" Yuka added.

He looked on the other way as he took a deep breathe.

"I know how much you love Yuri" Yuka said

"But seeing JaeJin on that condition tears me apart" She added as a tear dropped on her eye.

"I tried my best but I failed, but look at him when he sees Yuri, It is different, I think only Yuri can heal him"

(End of Flashback)

"What should I do" Donghae whispered as his hands run up into his hair.

"Pfftt, you are not good at singing" JaeJin teased.

Donghae can hear JaeJin and Yuri's conversation.

"Yah, I also know how to sing!" Yuri shouted.

"Make me sleep okay" JaeJin said.

"gom semariga hanjibe ishut
appa gom omma gom ehgi gom
appa gom-un ttung ttung hae
omma gom-un nal shin hae
ehgi gom-un nomu kiowo
sichuk sichuk charanda!" Yuri laughed so hard.

"Yah!" JaeJin shouted.

Donghae took a deep breathe and have thoughts on his mind again.

"Now I know the reason why we loved her. Both of us love her. Everything about her completes us, she can make people happy, she is really open to everyone, she shows what she feels right away, when she smiles my lips also curl, when she cries, my tears also fall down" Donghae thought.

"How could I just run away and leave her... if I love her so much" Donghae asked his mind.