Portrait

To Love is The Hardest Thing To Do

 

An hour had passed, JaeJin took a nap, and as he opened his eyes, he saw Yuri sleeping on her sitting position as her back leaned on the wall and her head slightly lopsided.
And then he decided to get his sketchpad from his bag and his pencil.
He sketched and looked at her.
From her wavy locks, to the shape of her face with her eyes and her features, he started to draw it.

After a few minutes, Yuri moved as she heard the ring from JaeJin's phone.
JaeJin didn't noticed that Yuri is now half awake.
He dropped down the sketchpad and answered.

"Yobose-"
"Yah Lee JaeJin who told you to get out of the h-"
"I know Noona I know"
"Where are you now? I am expecting to see you here at the h-"
"If you'd like to see me, I don't want you to feel pity for me at the hospital"
"Uhmmmm, we are few minutes away from home, just stay there"
"Neh"

While Jaejin is talking with Ayumi, Yuri opened her eyes a bit and then she rubbed it for a while.
She made a wide yawn and something caught her eye.
She rubbed her eyes again and saw the drawing of a girl.
A girl but she can't distinguish who.

(JAEJIN'S POV)

My sister start blabbing some things again...
Yeah... about me who doesn't take care of himself etcetera etcetera...

"Who is that?"

I saw Yuri looking at the drawing.
I jumped when I saw Yuri nearly seen my drawing.
I just hope she didn't distinguish.
A while ago she is sleeping on the chair beside me.

"Oh nothing" I said hiding the notebook on my back.

"I saw it, it was a girl, who is she?" She asked.

I coughed a bit and spoke "She is someone important" I said.

"Someone important?" Yuri asked "Or the girl you like"

"I don't like her" I said.

"More than like, crush and infatuation?"

"Maybe"

"C'mmon tell me!" Yuri said as she looks so excited.

"Why do you care so much?"

"Because It will be the first time that you will tell such kind of things" Yuri smiled.

"Are you in-love now? Tell me" Yuri added.

(End of POV)

Yuri moved closer to him her face inches apart from his cheeks.
"Yah" JaeJin pushed her slightly upon realizing that Yuri is so close to him.

"Aisshhh, you are so t-"

"Whatever" JaeJin interrpted her.

"Yah, it's just you and me, no secrets will come out of my mouth once you tell it to me" Yuri said as her left hand is raised.

"Liar" JaeJin said.

"Yah!" Yuri shouted.

"Nobody uses a left hand for a promise it should be right hand"

"Owww.. fine then"
Yuri bring down her left hand and raised her right hand.

"Promise" Yuri said. "Now tell me"
.
.
.
.
.

"Ayumi" Kibum smiled.

"Kibum! Hongki!" Ayumi shouted as waved her hand.

"Let me help you Noona" HongKi said as he carried Ayumi's bag.

Ayumi's eyes roamed on Kibum as she looked at him from top to toe.
He has a luggage bag with a small backpack.

"Kibum, where are you going?" Ayumi asked.

And then Kibum showed his plane tickets. "Going there?"

"What? You already missed her?" Ayumi said.

"I take up my exams earlier than my classmates" Kibum explained "And I have this 2 weeks break"

"Nice one" Ayumi hugged Kibum. "Yah, I thought we could hang out here in Korea and then you'll just follow Y-"

"Shhhhhh!!" HongKi and Kibum hushed "It must be a secret"

"Fine" Ayumi said "Good luck and Have fun"

"I suppose you will also take the shortest flight to Tokyo right?" Ayumi laughed.

"As what you have said" Kibum said.

"And tell JaeJoong that I am already here okay?"

"Sure" Kibum said.

"HongKi, bring her home okay?" Kibum added.

"Wait wait, Home? in our house? where is JaeJin? he is at the hospital right?"

"Call him" Kibum said "And you'll know where he is"

"Annyeonghi Kyesayo" Kibum smiled and then he left.
.
.
.
.
.
"Yah, it's just you and me, no secrets will come out of my mouth once you tell it to me" Yuri said as her left hand is raised.

"Liar" JaeJin said.

"Yah!" Yuri shouted.

"Nobody uses a left hand for a promise it should be right hand"

"Owww.. fine then"
Yuri bring down her left hand and raised her right hand.

"Promise" Yuri said. "Now tell me"

"I liked this girl but she already loved someone, that's why I've been hiding my feelings so I can't ruin relationships.. that's all? It's just a puppy love" JaeJin said.

"Who is that girl? She should know it right now" Yuri said.

"Nope, she doesn't need to, and besides she is now happy with his boyfriend" JaeJin said "The thing is, I can never have any girlfriend" he laughed.

"Why? With your looks and charms? This is the first time I will say this, but you are also handsome just like your brother"

"I can never have any girlfriend because I never wished one.. and I never want one if it is not her" JaeJin said.

"Why are you saying this? Aisshhh" Yuri pouted.

"Because I can only love one person, because I only have one heart" JaeJin said.

"And in my case, even how my heart is suffering, she is the reason why it is still beating"

"I guess, even if her boyfriend's heart will be transplanted and given to me, she will not love me, even if we have the same heart, her heart belongs to him and it will never be mine" JaeJin chuckled and laughed a bit

"Huh?"

"What I mean is, even if you will try to give your heart to others, it will never be the same, you will never stop loving the person you love, same way if the person you love had given his heart to others.. that's how pathetic people are, they keep on waiting and hoping until it's too late to open up their heart"

"I still don't get you"

"You can never give your heart to others except for Donghae right?" JaeJin said. "Even if he already loved someone, it will be hard for you to move on"

"Neh" Yuri said "I think you are right, I think I never loved someone besides him and I will never love someone besides him "

JaeJin fell in silence.

"Now I know" Yuri patted his shoulders "It must have been hard on your part"

"You are just like Kibum" Yuri sighed "Paboya"

"Yeah, I am crazy, but that's the way it is"

"Genius people became irrational too when it comes to love, and the proof is you" Yuri said.

"You can't understand it, because you never felt nor experienced it" JaeJin stated.

"I will not force you to tell me who she is, you must have been lucky because I didn't recognize your drawing" Yuri chuckled "But I hope you'll be happy" she smiled.

"It feels good, it's the first time you have opened up with me, thanks for trusting me" Yuri said "It's our first serious talk"

"Oh wait, I think I need to use the comfort room" she quickly stood up and go outside the room.

Left behind, JaeJin sighed again and many things flowed on his thoughts.

(JaeJin's POV)

This is how pathetic I am.. Being so irrational when it comes to you...
I know unrequited love is so painful..
I have only one heart and it belongs to you, but your heart belongs to others..

So even if the one you love will give his heart to others,
he is still trapped inside your heart and no matter how you try to give your love to others,
the key is still with Donghae and it's still locked and it will not be opened
I am crazy.. yes I am.. it's because of you

With what you have said.. I should give up...
you love him and you'll never love anyone besides him..

Yuri I can't be happy even if you wish me to be happy..

I've opened up my heart to you.. but I need to give up...
I trust him and I know you'll be happy, I'll be leaving all of you without regrets..
because just spending time with you while I am here fills up my heart

I don't know why I told those things to you, and I don't know why you have time for me..
But that's what I feel, and it's up to you on how you could realize that what I am pertaining to is you..

"Lee JaeJin!"

The door opened, and as expected, it was my ever loving sister.

"Noona" I said weakly.

"Why did you left the hospital!" Ayumi said.

"Noona, I am tired, I want to rest" I said.

"Aisshh" Ayumi combed my hair with her hands.

"Ayumi Unnie" Yuri smiled brightly on her.

"Aiggooo, that's why you have the courage to go out of the hospital because our sister-in-law can help you out" Ayumi chuckled.

"Aniya" I said.

"I am glad to see you Yuri, so how is JaeJin doing without us?" Ayumi asked and then they started a conversation with Hongki.

If you just knew Kwon Yuri how I love you..
But I think this will only be a secret until I die
.
.
.
.

Preview:

Yoona stopped for a while as she heard her phone ring.
She answered the phone for it was Kibum.

"Kibum-ah"
"Ae.. you missed me right?"
"Aigoooo.. why would I miss you.. It's you who missed me"
"Bwoh? Why would I miss you Yoona?"
"Oh well, I bet you are with Ara so you don't need to be sad while I am gone, right?"
"So you are jealous"
"Why would I?"
"Ae.. you are lying at me"
"Why would I lie to you Kim KiBum"
"You told me you are doing good in Japan"
"Ofcourse I am"
"You told me you are eating well but you are still so skinny with your white dress"
"Huh? I am not that skinny and how do you know that I wear a white dr-"
"So you are admitting that you are getting fat"
"Aniyo!"
"Why did you cut your long hair?"
"Yah, how do you know that I cut my h-"

Yoona paused as she looked around.

"Where are you?"
"I am here"
"Where?"
"Here where I am standing"
"Standing where?"
"Guess it"
"Yah, Kim KiBum, do I need to observe and analyze and make a hypothesis on what place you will be at this very moment that you are calling me? Whithersoever I h-"
"I miss you"

When Yoona was about to answer, Someone pulled her from behind and hugged her.
Upon recognizing who he is, Yoona hugged him tighter and whispered.

"You are here"

To be continued....
------------------------------------------------

 

Another Yoonbum teaser ♥