Unconditional Love

To Love is The Hardest Thing To Do

"Yuri, to whom are you talking to?" Yoona said while she opened the door.

"It's KiBum and he's coming over" Yuri replied.

"Oh, I don't want him to come here" Yoona said.

"Why?" Yuri asked

"Because he'll also be worried about me" Yoona said.

As if by cue, Auntie Ahn came and said
"Yoona! KiBum is here!"

"So fast, like lightning or flash?" Yuri said as she can't hide her smile.

Yoona sighed.

"Listen Yuri" Yoona whispered "I'll use the bathroom, don't tell what had happened. Please, as in P-L-E-A-S-E!" She added.

"But why? and besides, he'll still know about this even if you hide this from him?" Yuri answered.

"Just... Ughhh! whatever!" Yoona said as she quickly run inside the bathroom.

Yuri already heard the splash of water inside. She sighed.
"She will try to cover up things.. but it already happened" Yuri thought.

Meanwhile, Yuri heard a knock and guessed that it was Kibum.

"Kibum is that you?" She asked.

"No, it's Jaejoong" Kibum said.

"You gotta be kidding me" Yuri rolled her eyes as she opened the door and saw the face of Kibum.

"Hey, you didn't come last night, she needs you as well" Yuri said.

"Maybe not" Kibum said "He's my cousin, and seeing my face would be-"

"Okay, got it" Yuri cut him off as she sighed.

Yuri pulled Kibum out of the room.
"Let's go out first" Yuri said.

As they sat at the garden, Kibum started the conversation.
All he heard from Yuri are sighs and he can see the too much concern of a best friend.

"Where is she?" Kibum asked "At the bathroom" Yuri paused "She wants to hide from you"

"But why?" He asked "Maybe she is.. kinda.." Yuri paused "Maybe because you'll be worried if you saw her, and besides, maybe one factor is because you are his cousin"

"Did they really broke up?" Kibum asked. "Obviously right? That's why I called you to be here!" Yuri said.

"Well, I found her in her room crying all night because of your cousin" Yuri added.

"It's not new to me, she's always crying because of him" Kibum sighed.

"Yeah, ever since Jae went to Japan and then they are just communicating thru phone, Yoona misses him and she's crying because of that" Yuri said "But it's now different, Jaejoong officially ended their relationship! Are you happy with that?" She added.

"Do you know he even called me, he even told me that he didn't mean to make her cry, how dare he do this to her! He always hurt her, and I hate it, I don't want to see your cousin's face, I might break his neck" Yuri said unpatiently.

"He's right, He didn't mean it" Kibum said

"What do you mean?" Yuri said with a confused look.

"It's so hard especially when your parents leave responsibilities to you" He paused.

"JaeJoong, being the first and only son of my uncle, he must marry Lee Ayumi for our business" KiBum explained.

"But you're also a Kim, how about you?" Yuri asked.

"My uncle is the first son and my dad is the second son. JaeJoong and I are the 2 grandsons. JaeJoong is the first grandson and the only son of my uncle that's why he's responsible to lead the company."

"And how about you?" Yuri asked.

"And I am also a heir of the company but I don't want to manage the business, I just want to live an ordinary life, I don't want to take their responsibilities, it is like.. a pain in the " Kibum said sarcastically.

"But I am thankful and I am still lucky, I will not marry a girl whom I didn't love" He added.

"I really hate arranged marriage" Yuri said.

"You got my point?" Kibum looked at Yuri

"But I still hate him, He knew all this time that he'll only end up with the girl arranged with her, and then, he still loved my best friend and ended up hurting her" Yuri said.

"You can't dictate a person's heart" Kibum said "Jaejoong loved her. He did loved her and he still loves her"

"So you are on the side of your cousin" Yuri sighed "No, I also hate it, he hurt Yoona" Kibum said.

"But you see them,they really love each other so much" Kibum said as he combed his hair with the use of his hands.

"And it hurts you to see them together" Yuri said.

"What?" Kibum was kind of surprised with what Yuri stated.

"I know you like her" Yuri said.

"No, I only like her as a...sister. And besides, if not because of Ayumi, maybe she'll be my cousin..soon!" KiBum explained.

"What about if I tell you all the things you've written on your diary?" Yuri said

"Huh?"

"You liked Yoona even before, but when Yoona met your cousin, everything changed. JaeJoong likes her too, 
and it's just that JaeJoong was the first one to confess his feelings to her" Yuri said looking at him

"I knew it all of this time" Yuri said.

"With those stares, with the care, with the comfort, and the efforts you gave to Yoona, it's not just being like a brotherly figure to her, it may be more than that" Yuri commented

"I know you even love her now" Yuri said it straight

"And now that you love her, everytime you see them, all you need to do is to be happy for them and forget about what you feel, eventhough your heart is already breaking into pieces" Yuri added.

"You cannot let go of Yoona, because you are still her best friend" Yuri said "Am I right?"

Kibum tried to protest and to speak but no words came out.

Kim Kibum is always there for Yoona. He is her best friend. He even cursed Jaejoong who is his cousin for breaking Yoona's poor heart. With Kibum's pure and caring personality, he's so protective with Yoona. But still, he is hiding the fact that he's been loving Yoona ever since before Jaejoong came into Yoona's life.

Kibum sighed. Yuri was right. He already given up just for his cousin. Nobody knows about his feelings for Yoona, and since his cousin indeed love her, and Yoona does too, all he needs to do is to support them. He became the bridge of their love story. He might be hurting inside - but all he needs to endure it.

"It doesn't mean that you are friends, it will not turn up into the next level, into more than friends" Yuri commented.

Kibum didn't say anything but Yuri understands him.
Yuri knows what he feels.She patted his shoulders and Kibum just give a little smile.

"Help! Help!" Auntie Ahn cried for help.

They were alarmed when Auntie Ahn started shouting as she asks for help.
They quickly responded by going towards Auntie Ahn.

"What happened?!" Yuri said.

"Yoona!" KiBum shouted.

The room was covered with water, it overflowed from the bathroom, Kibum was surprised as he saw Yoona lying unconscious as her breathing became worst.

"Yoona, Yoona!!" Yuri shouted as she tries to gain Yoona's consciousness.

Kibum carried Yoona in his back who's wet from the bathroom.

"Let's bring her to the hospital" Kibum said while going downstairs.

Kibum drive the car as fast as he could.

"Yoona has a high fever" Yuri said while looking at Yoona, shivering. "Her asthma attacks again"

As soon as they got there, Kibum called for a doctor.
.
.
.
.

Yuri and Kibum is waiting outside the room.
Yuri brought 2 bottles of soft drinks and gave it to Kibum, then asked
"Is Auntie Ahn already here?"

"Not yet" Kibum replied.

Kibum is walking back and forth in front of the room.

"See, I know you really care about her" Yuri thought.

As soon as the doctor came out of the room, Kibum asked right away "How's Yoona?"

"She still have a fever, She needs a rest, and she needs to undergo a Nebulizer every 5 hours for her asthma" The doctor said.

"I have to go, I have more things to do, don't worry she'll be fine..uhmm, maybe in two days time" The doctor said.

They bowed then the doctor walked away.

"Kibum" Yuri said.

The two walked inside the room where Yoona is staying.

Yoona looked so stressed, It's different from the Yoona that they used to see everyday.

"Yoona became like this because of your stupid cousin" Yuri said while tears formed in her eyes.

"I know you're hurt too" She added.

"Kibum, I know you love her and you will not hurt her" Yuri whispered while looking at him.

"What do you mean?" Kibum said as he turn around in front of the door.

Yuri walked beside Kibum and said
"Please make her happy, just be there"

"Huh?"

"I know he still loves her and Yoona loves him too as well, I know he's your cousin and you don't want to betray him, but can you stand seeing Yoona hurt because of him?" Yuri said.

Kibum just look at the other way.

"Just be with her, show her how much you care, make her happy, make her forget him, make her ease the pain, I trust you Kibum, all you need to do is to be there" Yuri explained.

"Why are you saying this?" Kibum asked.

"Because you're the person I know that can't hurt her, You love her and I trust you, I just want her to be happy and forget him, I know you'll be with her to protect her, when she's with you, I know she's always protected" 
Yuri said.

"It's not easy, as what you have said, she still love him" Kibum said.

"But....will you promise me?" Yuri asked.

Kibum sighed and then gave a smile to her.

"Even you don't tell me those things, I'll still do it,
I will protect her always and I'll be with her like what I always do. I promise, starting today, I want her to be safe and happy"

Yuri smiled. "Thank You"

"Even if Yoona will not give back the feelings, even if it will be hard to reciprocate her feelings to me, at least I can make her feel that I care and I can show to her how much I want to protect her, I just want to make her happy, I just want to see the Yoona I used to see"
Kibum added.

"I'll still love her eventhough she'll not love me back"

Those words make Yuri froze. Kibum really loves her. He is sincere with his words.

Yuri can see it in his eyes. 
Even if Yoona will not love her as much as Kibum showed her.
He'll still protect her and continue to love her.

How can Kibum control his concealed feelings for her if Yoona is still broken hearted  and have the feeling that he wantts to protect her, to take care of her and wait for her even though he knows so well how Yoona loved Jaejoong wholeheartedly?