Unhide

To Love is The Hardest Thing To Do

 

"Ms. Jessica"
Jessica looked back and saw the Japanese doctor, Dr. Aragaki.

"Dr. Aragaki" Jessica said.

"Where are his relatives?" Dr. Aragaki asked.

"I called..his cousin, Hongki, and.. he'll be coming soon"

As if by cue, Hongki came and go unto Jessica's side "How is he Doc?"

"I never expect this" Dr. Aragaki said "But he has symptoms when he went to Japan 10 years ago... and he never updated me about this.."

"What do you mean?" Jessica asked as she is getting teary.

"So this is what he hide from us 10 years ago" Hongki whispered.

"Hongki, Doc, What is this all about?" Jessica asked.

"Donghae...." Dr. Aragaki paused "Donghae said that I mustn't t ell anybody about his condition"

"Please" Jessica begged "Look at us, we are so oblivious about his condition, we are so worried"
.
.
.
.
.

Ayumi opened the door and saw JaeJin lying on his bed as he looked outside the window.
She stared at him for so long. "He is getting thinner and paler these days" she thought

"Noona" Jaejin called her as he recognized her sister's presence.

"Jaejin" Ayumi smiled. Jaejin smiled back.

"JaeJin, I bought you a-"

"Is there a possibility-" JaeJin paused as he cut off her sister's words.

"Possibility of?" Ayumi asked.

"If I undergo the transplant, is there a possibility that-"

Ayumi didn't wait JaeJin to finish his line but she quickly run unto him and hugged him so tight.

"Have you decided? JaeJin.." Ayumi cried.

Suddenly and slowly, JaeJin's memories flashed back into his mind.

|Flashback|

"Your condition is no longer good" The doctor said "If you still don't want to undergo the surgery you-"

"Doc... tell me.. how longer will I live.."

"I can't-" The doctor paused as he sighed.

"Tell me" JaeJin begged "Please" He continued.

"A month"

"What do you mean?"

Tears suddenly formed into his eyes.

"It can't..be...no..." JaeJin whispered.

"Have you decided?" The doctor asked "Please reconsider the operation..okay?"

"Lee JaeJin... many people died with heart disease because they don't have enough money to undergo an operation, or they don't have a donated heart... you are so lucky, you have the money, you can afford a heart that can fit you, and yet the time is running so fast, you still doesn't want to do it... please reconsider"

|End of Flashback|

"JaeJin...thank you for reconsidering it" Ayumi cried.

"Noona" JaeJin said "Life is cruel.. when I realized that I want to live longer.. time already kills me"

"I'll just live by a month... I don't know if there is a guarantee that I can live longer if I have that operation" JaeJin cried. "I want to live longer..help me"

"Jae...at least you want to give it a try.. whatever the outcome.. we will accept it whole heartedly" Ayumi cried "Always remember to hold on.. and we love you so much"
.
.
.
.

Jessica and Hongki stared at Donghae for a long time.
Hongki heaved out a sigh as he closed his eyes and remembered what the doctor had said.

|Flashback|

"10 years ago, when I was still in Japan, he went to my clinic together with his sister and they asked about his condition. After some examinations, I found out that he has astigmatism.
I provided a contact lens for him because he doesn't want to wear eye glasses before. He always have a weekly check-up, and he is complaining about nearsightedness and he is having a blurred vision."

"But he was just in High school when he last visited the clinic."

"I moved to the next branch of our hospital which is here, in Korea. From Japan up to here, I met him again. And now he is complaining that he is feeling it all over again, but the head ache hurts a lot and it is so much different than before. I found out that he has Keratoconus, his cornea thins and becomes increasingly more irregular in shape and it comes to the point that the glasses and soft contacts no longer provide adequate vision in him."

"Can it be cured?" Hongki asked

"I.. can't say it right now, we need further examinations, he just need some rest for now, and we could talk about his condition" Dr. Aragaki said "Don't worry, He'll be fine" He assured.

|End of Flashback|

"So that's why I saw you wearing your contact lens" Hongki thought as he remembered a memory

|Flashback|

"Ohhh, are you wearing contact lens?" Hongki spoke as he quickly opened Donghae's room without any permission.

"Yah, why are you here" Donghae said as he quickly hide his things "You didn't even knocked the door"

"Why do you have to wear contact lens?" Hongki asked.

"For....fashion.." Donghae excused "Aigooo" Donghae added as he laughed.

"Hey, how come you wear contact lens without any color? Is it transparent?" Hongki asked.

"Aiggooooo" Donghae smirked "Why do you care so much? I'll go now"

|End of Flashback|

Donghae opened his eyes slowly seeing Hongki and Jessica on his side.
Closing his eyes for the second time, he wanted to clear his vision.
But as he opened it again, his vision is getting cloudy, blurry.

"Ahhh" Donghae moaned as he touched his forehead.

"Oh" Jessica said as she quickly stand up to look at him further.

"Don't force yourself much" Jessica said.

"Hongki, why are you here" Donghae said as he relaxed himself and closed his eyes.

"I called him" Jessica spoke "Jessica I told you to call the doctor and bring me here, but not to call any of my rela-"

"Who do you think we are?" Hongki cut him off "We are your family, and you just let Jessica to take care of y-"

"Because she-"

"No, Donghae, if your friend is so much concerned with you, we are more concerned of you because we are your family" Hongki said

"I know" Donghae spoke "But I didn't expect that this will occur again, and Jessica was the only one with me"

"Because you don't let us to know about your condition"

"I don't want you to worry" Donghae said "Jaejin worries you a lot, how much more if you know about this" Donghae added.

"And besides, this just happened lately, Jessica doesn't know about this before" Donghae said.

"What are you going to do now?" Hongki asked.

Donghae remained silent

"Mianhae, but Ayumi and others must know about this" Hongki spoke as he started to move out.

Before Hongki reached the door, Donghae shouted "Hongki wait!"

Hongki stopped walking.

"Hongki, let me handle this by myself, please don't let them know this first, I will ask for some opinions about my doctors and I promise you, I'll t-"

"Why do you always hide things to us and you always try to cover up such things!" Hongki said as he punched the wall which made Jessica and Donghae surprised.

"You always think that keeping things just to yourself and hiding things from us will be better for you and for us, but the truth is, it's not! You hurt us, your family and the one you really love. You thought you'll help JaeJin? You thought Yuri will give you up easily and love Jaejin through? You thought that we only care about Jaejin? You thought it wrong.We are your family, they must know about your condition, we must be there for you" Hongki said.

"I know" Donghae paused "I know that leaving you and Jaejin alone for 10 years here in Korea, for leaving Tiffany without reasons, for leaving my friends without warning, for staying away from our home and by living alone while I'm in Japan, for keeping this damn sickness, for falling in love with Yuri without knowing that my brother loves her too, for keeping my identity in school, for denying that I'm one of you, one of the Lee's and one of the heir in the family because of my selfish reasons, for being selfish not marrying the girl matched for me and just let Ayumi marry Jaejoong just to save the business, for leaving Yuri hurt not letting her know the reasons why I left her and everything that this damn Lee Donghae did for the rest of his damn life" Donghae said as tears flowed down his cheeks.

"I learned living by myself since I was in Japan. I never lived in our house there, I used to live in the dormitory, living with classmates and I nearly forgot that I still have a family waiting for me. I kept this sickness just to stay normal and not to worry anyone, I begged Ayumi not to tell anyone about this. I used to be independent and I learned to be strong and to keep things just for myself. Just then I realized that I am having a big gap with my family. That's why I went back here to be with you guys, I chose to be with all of you, to see you, and to live with the ones I love. I am sorry if I hurt you and sorry for being so selfish all the time. I never thought of your feelings, Mianhae" Donghae cried.

"Donghae, I never had any siblings, only You, Jaejin and Ayumi are my only cousins. I treated each of you as my siblings, and you having a gap with us hurts us so much. Mianhae" Hongki cried.

"Please trust me this time Hongki, please don't tell this first" Donghae asked.

Hongki just wiped his tears and walked away.
.
.
.
.
.

| 2 weeks later |

"Here's your medicine" Ayumi said.

"I don't like to eat that" Jaejin spoke

"But you'll not eat this, you just really need to take this medicine"

"Just for what? It will just cause a damage on my liver" Jaejin smirked

"But how about your heart?" Ayumi said as she looks pissed off.

"ANNYEONG!"

Ayumi looked back and saw Yuri smiling at them "I'm back" Yuri continued.

"Aigooo, your daily vitamins for your good heart is here Jaejin" Ayumi spoke.

With that, both Yuri and Jaejin chuckled.

"I can sense something" Yuri said as she sit beside JaeJin.
Ayumi showed JaeJin's medicine and with that, Yuri already knew what's happening.

"Remember what I told you when you fight with the nurse and with Yuka before?" Yuri said hich made Jaejin sigh.

"Why are you so rude when it come into taking up with your medicine? Do you want us to be rude on you just for you to take up all those medicine? Now, drink this!" Yuri said as she forcefully gave Jaejin the glass of water and his medicine on his hands.

Jaejin drink the medicine and Yuri smiled "Well good" she said.

Suddenly JaeJin touched his chest and acted as if his chest hurts which made Yuri adn Ayumi alarmed. "Jaejin!" They shouted.

Jaejin opened his eyes and smiled at them "Just kidding!"

"Yaaahh!" Yuri and Ayumi shouted as Jaejin chuckled. "Why did you do that!" Yuri pouted.

"Revenge" Jaejin chuckled "You nearly gave me a heart attack with the way you let me drink my medicine"

"At least you already know how we feel when we always push you to take medicines" Yuri spoke "You can also give us a heart attack!"

"Aigoooo, Jaejin did that because he knows that you'll be coming since on this time you are already dismissed with your class and he's waiting that you'll be the one to make him take his medicine" Ayumi murmured which made Yuri chuckle.

It's been two weeks and Yuri always visit Jaejin every after her classes. With that, Jaejin felt the care that Yuri is showing.

Yuri take car of him with Ayumi, she assists Jaejin with the food, the medicine and everything. Yuri did everything just for Jaejin not to be stressed and to be comfortable. In short, she always make him happy. Within these 2 weeks, Jaejin felt he is loved. He just hope that Yuri loves him back too.

"Oh wait, I'll just be out for a minute, I'll leave you for a while, okay?" Ayumi said and then she went outside.

Jaejin looked at Yuri and said "Yuri, Gomawo"

Yuri stared back and said "It's okay, I'm willing to be with you"

"Chinja?" Jaejin said as he chuckled. "Neh" Yuri said,

"Gomawo Yuri, thanks for always being there, and trying to show how much you care for me"

Just then, Yuri leaned closer to him and kissed his forehead.

"Be strong, Jaejin"
.
.
.
.

|PREVIEW|

-How are you? The doctor said you already left the hospital and you came back to your home. Do you need help? Do I need to come?- Jessica

-Bro, What's up? How are you? Do you need anything? Help? Be safe.- Hongki.

Donghae smiled as he read the messages from Jessica and Hongki which he received at the same time.

"They really worry about me" Donghae chuckled "Mianhae"

-I am so much fine, I'll be on my way to Kibum's house to have a chat with him.- Donghae

Donghae sent the message to both of them.
.
.
.
.

“You don’t understand me!!”

“You are the one who doesn’t understand me!”

“I tried to convince myself that you are just helping her because she is a friend of yours, I also tried to help her and to protect her, I agreed with you, I trusted you, but do you know how it feels? I am afraid because this is not an easy situation; you are putting yourself into life over death, you are in trouble, and now it feels like she’s taking you away from me, you don’t have time for me, what you always think about is on how to hide and protect her…But, how about..me?”

Kibum remained silent.

"If you'll say I'm selfish, then go! Yes I'm selfish, I admit, It's just that I can't take it anymore" Yoona said as she trailed going to her room.
.
.
.
.
"Look there she is" The man said as she pointed out Yoona and Yuri. "But who is Yoona there? They look similar"

"We'll follow them, let's go"
.
.
.

"Yoboseyo"
"Kim Kibum"
"Who the hell are you!"
"Your girl is here with me.. she is with her best friend"
"Who are you!"


 


 

 

Hello Guys! >:D< I wanna hug those 20 people who subscribed ♥

Check out my other fanfics :) Reasons and Leap of Faith 

Saranghae!! ♥♥♥ - Kishie♥