Kris Past

The Boy Next Door Is A Vampire

 

 

Uh ooh i got caught ..

 

"I-i" I think my tongue tied. 
"Is it the boy you were with the other day in the airport?" He asked. 
I nod head down. 
"Listen i don't know how you let him in or why did you kept it secret that you're dating but it better not happen again." He warned. 
"Okay i won't let him in again" 
My dad is kind but he's also scary sometimes. 
"Promise really" I can't get his expression does he believe me or not. 
Oookkkaaayyy 
This is awkward 
"Good Night Daddy" and i ran to my room. 
Good thing he didn't burst. 
 
 
 
Kris POV
 
Do this Do that. Like this like that. Hey i'm not a robot why does he always order me around?? I'm not his slave 
That was Gyungjun job to follow his order not me. Beside i feel guilty 
I feel like a bad person. An evil one 
Maybe i should hand my self and troll in jail 
That's what i deserve for all the crimes they made me do
But even that is not for me to decide anymore. I can't control my life because of that small mistake i made. 
My little sister 
I should've took care of her. As her older brother i should've protect it her. 
It's all my fault that my life and her life flipped up side down.
 
 
*Flash back* 
 
"Dad give me  some cash? I'm going out with my friends" I was 14 back then. So young and foolish. I took life easily 
Mom passed away. Living in the state with a single Dad who have a good job and my little annoying sister 
As normal as it can be. Nothing different from any Other normal family.
 
"Sorry son but i have a work tonight. I'm afraid you have to stay with your little sis" He said with his deep warming voice. 
"No fair. Why do i have to take care of her ??!" I whined. "Son i don't have any other option. We can't leave your sister alone at home" He continued. 
"But dad.." i kept whining.  "Why do I always have to be like mom" i spat those words and stepped to my room. Slapping the door behind me.
 
I lied on the bed cursing my luck for having a little sister. 
After few minutes i heard a knock on the door. I went to open the door knowing that dad already left. 
"Kris i'm hungry" My 12 years old sis blinked innocently at me. "Don't try to act cute you just ruined my day" I passed her and went out to the living room. 
"But i'm really hungry" She tailed behind me. 
"And i don't know how to cook Lina. So get out of my way" i frowned and lied on the couch.
 My phone peeped. 
 
"Hello" i sighed without looking at the caller ID. 
"Dude where are you? The movie is about to start"
"I can't come i need to stay home with Lina" i sighed again. 
"Are you kidding me we barely got the tickets hurry up don't let me come and drag you" 
as they kept nagging an idea popped in my head.
"On my way" and i hang up the phone. 
"Lina" i called she came stomping her feet with crossed arms. 
"Come on we're going out" Her little eyes lit up and her frowned turned to a grin as soon as i said that. 
 
"Here you're finally" 
"Wait what is your little sister doing here?" 
"I couldn't leave her alone at home" i answered. 
"But we can't babysit your sister" 
"I'm not a baby okay and no one asked you to take care of me *Hmpf*" yeah my sister have attitude. 
"Lina i'll buy you something to eat go set in one of those chair" She glared at me before obeying. I guess she thought that i'll take her out for fun. 
 
After buying her some snacks i told her to never leave her place and that i'll just watch a movie and then take her any where she want. She just nod buying the cheap lie i just told her. 
I left her then and went with my friends.
 
In the middle of the movie my phone rang i didn't want to annoy anyone so i went to take it out. 
I saw my dad number. Me being annoyed by dad i didn't want to answer 
But i did anyway. 
"Yes?" I answered with an irritated tone. 
"Son i'm coming home now. They postponed the meeting to later. You can go with your friends" 
"Dad i-" 
"I'm trying to speed up so that you catch with your friends." He said. 
"Dad don't speed i-" 
 
C R A S H
 
Crashing sound. My heart fell in my stomach and my breath caught. 
"Dad" "Dad" "DAAAAAAAD" I yelled no answer. Then the phone went off. 
My phone slid on my cheek till my hand fell on my side. 
Tears started whelming on my eyes. 
 
My Father. 
 
Without thinking i ran outside the cinema. I took a cab to the neighborhood hospital 
"Hurry up" I shouted at the taxi driver. 
 
Blood rushing to my head. Thinking about the possibilities of what may have happened!!
 
As i ran to the hospital entry i saw the ambulance stopping. Paramedics surrounding someone lying on that white bed rushing him inside the hospital. 
 
That's my father 
 
I ran behind them as they were taking him to the emergency room. 
He's covered with blood. 
"DAD!!" i ran faster to catch with them. He's still conscious
"Dad Dad. Hey Doctor please help him he's my dad" I'm crying hard. Dad held my hand. 
"Kid please move we gotta take him to the emergency room immediately" The doctor said. 
 
"Son" Dad called with a week voice. "I'm sorry i couldn't fulfill your mom place. I'm sorry for every thing" His voice is barely audible. 
"No no no" I shook my head. Tears are falling 
"No don't say that" 
"You're the man now please take good care of you sister" He said before losing consciousness
 
"NOOOOO dad you're gonna live. Doctor he is going to live right" I find my voice shaking.
"Kid please move his state is serious" The doctor shouted angrily. One of the nurse came and carried me while i was struggling hard. 
"Dad no dad!!" i yelled my lungs out. 
"No he can't die. he won't die right!" i asked the nurse that was holding me. She seemed so nice and kind. Her eyes were watery at the scene i was causing. 
"He won't die right!!" I repeated again. 
She didn't answer me. She didn't want to see me like this but she can't give me fake hope either. 
 
"He can't die. He-" i couldn't even talk from the whole crying. I'm 14 years old but now i feel like i'm 7 or 6 years old. 
Everyone in the hospital is looking at me with sympathy eyes. 
"He- He's the only one i have in this world. My mom is gone Please don't let him go too" i looked down my tears covering my face witting my shirt. 
The nurse started crying with me. Then she hugged me. 
 
I'm sitting in this chair for 3 hours now without moving with my head down. I didn't left it not even once. even when that nice nurse came to check on me. 
She'd give me some water to drink but i didn't even consider her existence.
"Sweetheart you gotta drink something you can't stay like this" She bent down beside me. "You're not a little kid you're grown up man you can't stay stubborn like this" She said all motherly. She is saying i'm man but she's treating me like a kid. 
 
"Then tell me my father will be okay" i lifted my gaze having straight stare. 
She lowered her head. 
"If you can't say that then don't bother me" i sniffed. 
Right then the emergency room door opened revealing the doctor and some nurses. 
The doctor wasn't happy at all. "How is my father?" i jumped up from my seat.
 
"Isn't there any one old i can talk to" He asked me. 
I shook my head. "I'm old enough tell me" 
I gritted my teeth. 
"I'm sorry for your lost" He said. Like a strike of lightning i got the news.
There weren't any water left in my eyes to cry. 
Everything went blank as i felt  dizzy. The last thing i heard is the sound of a big thud on the ground & the nurses calling me. Then everything went black
 
 
I woke up in a hospital bed. I looked around at the unfamiliar place. It was already morning I rubbed my head then touched my wet cheek as the picture of everything happened last night came In it place i started sopping loudly. 
At the voice of my sops the nurse came in running. The same blond nurse from last night. 
She's young she looks like she's in her late 20 only
"You okay?!" She asked worriedly. 
I whipped my tears but they roll down again. 
"I-i want to get out of here" I said between my sops. "But i don't know where to go" 
I continued whipping my tears. "Did my father really die?" 
She seemed like she's taken aback at my question. She tried to maintain her smile before she speak again. 
"Don't worry you can come to my place" 
I lifted my teary eyes to see her. She looked sincere
"I can't" 
"Your father is someone i used to admire beside I live alone so I would be happy to have someone live with me" She know my father ?!! That's why she's nice to me. 
 
"You can't raise me and my sis-" My eyes widen. 
"My sister .. My little sister i forgot her at the movies" i panicked. 
"What little sister?!" the nurse asked kindly. 
"Dad told me to take care of her. I need to find her" i got up and got out of the room. 
I looked left and right. i don't know where is the way out. 
 
I don't know where my feet are leading Me anymore 
"Hey Kris wait" i heard the nurse calling. I didn't bother to stop
. I just continued walking aimlessly
till i felt her grip on my arm 
 
I stopped and turned to her with my puffy eyes. 
"Come with me" 
She drove me to the cinema as soon as we reached i hurried to the place where i left my sister last night. 
"Lina LINA LINA!!" i started calling her when i saw the spot was empty. 
"She's not here. My sister is not here" 
"Calm down Kris we'll find her" The nurse tried to calm me down but it didn't work. 
"What if we don't. My dad asked me to take care of her" i sniffed. 
"It's okay we'll find her come here" 
 
Stepping out the police station with my head down. Emma aka the nurse came out behind me. 
"Don't worry they'll find her" 
I didn't care to respond as she guided me to her car. 
"Why are you wasting your time with me don't you have work?" those words were the only thing i said ever since i hopped in the car. 
"I took a day off" She simply answered. 
 
Then i turned my head to the window looking out at the rainy weather. I didn't even notice that it was raining. 
She drove me to what look like her house it wasn't big and fancy nor it was old. It was simple and warm for a single women. Or at least that's what it looked like from the outside. 
She went out of the car putting her hands above her to protect her from the rain. She motioned for me to get off. 
I got off the car but i didn't move one bit letting myself drench with rain. 
 
"Kris come here" Emma called. 
I didn't move. 
"Your gonna get sick. Come on" She came to pull me but i spoke first. 
"It's all my fault" I cried. 
"Kris it-" She lowered her hands and placed them on my shoulder. 
 
"Don't lie to me and tell me it's not. It's all my fault. If i haven't told my father that i want to go out with my friends non of this would happen" i sniffed. 
"If i was good to my father non of this would happen" i continued.
 
"Kris listen to me. Going out with your friends is not a crime. It's not your fault" She said. 
 
"But because of it i lost my sister if i didn't take her out and leave her she wouldn't get lost. If i didn't forget about her she'd be safe by now" i continued crying. 
"I always yelled at her and i always disobeyed my dad now they both gone. I'm a bad person that's why they left me" my voice cracked and got low. 
"Why not me? I should be the one who's dead. I deserve to die" i yelled. 
 
S L A P 
 
I froze she just slap me. 
"Stop your nonsense" She yelled. It's my first time seeing her angry. 
"Stop the crap you're saying. What? You deserve to die?! And why is that ? Because you're teen who want to have some fun. I was a teen once
Sometimes i didn't listen to my parents sometimes i fought with my brother. 
It's not a big deal that's just how teens are. So don't say those crap again non of all this is your fault"
 
More tears came down when she finished. "But i forgot my sister in a movie theater how come it's not my fault" I don't know if my voice was audible or not. 
"We're all human beings. We all make mistakes. No body is perfect" She answered. 
I looked at her eyes she looked sincere. 
"Why are being nice to me? You don't know me" I said between my sops. 
"Not all the people are bad" Then she pulled me to a hug.
It felt weird. 
Like i have someone to lean on. Like i have a mother
Like i'm not alone anymore. 
 
She took me inside and gave me a towel to dry myself. She told me that we'll go back to my house later to pick my cloths and stuff. 
She told me that she want to adopt me so that i'll be legally her son. I refused though 
Week have  passed and another week passed
And i found my self getting closer to her.
 
2 years already passed i turned 16 still living with Emma. I figured out a lot about her
I figured out that she was married once and got divorced. Her husband left her cuz she can't have kids 
That's why she want me as her son. 
 
 I also figured how she met my father. My dad helped her once so she's trying to repay him. I don't what kind of help though.
 
She works from morning till 5 PM 
She drop me in school before going to work. Sometimes we go out after her shift finish to eat outside or to somewhere fun. 
I got closer and closer to her with every minute pass. Of course i didn't forget my dad will though.
My sister
 
I need to find her even if i flipped the world upside down
I need to be the man my dad wanted me to be. 
 
I found myself everyday at the movie theater after school end. Emma can't pick me cuz she have work so i walk on my own not to the house but to the place where i left my sister. 
I set their for awhile hopping that someday she'll magically appear their. 
I imagine how scared she was that day when i left her. Or how angry she was cuz i didn't take her somewhere to eat. 
How she spended that night. 
Did she walk out on her own. Did some stranger took her. 
 
I always think negative Which makes me feel worse than i already feel. Then i go home 
Everyday the same cycle. 
 
One day i stayed longer than i used too. i sat there at the place i left her and lost track of time till Emma called. She was worried cuz it's the first time she go home and i'm not there. 
I reassured her and told her that i'm with friends and that i'm coming home. 
I stood up. Looked at the place one more time the went out. 
 
It was dark outside. I didn't care though i just walked with my head hung low. 
Till i heard some one calling me. 
I turned left and right no one was there. The voice called again. It was coming from the dark alley. I got a little scared. But i didn't move 
 
"Who is it?" i asked or more like shouted to look strong. 
"Tsk Tsk Tsk you're the boy my master asked for" A guy came out from the dark alley. He didn't look like he is from here and he spoke in a foreign language i didn't get anything from what he was saying.
Beside He looked beyond average nothing to be scared about. 
"What are you saying? Who are you!" i took a step back waiting for the foreign dude to speak. 
He tightled his head then start laughing. 
"You can't even speak Korean. Why the hell did he choose you" Still he talked in the same language that i didn't get. 
"Maybe he want you as a dinner." He rubbed his chin with his index finger. "Yeah that make more sence" He continued. He was talking to himself cuz i didn't get one word from what he was saying. 
 
"I'm leaving" I was about to walk away from this crazy foreigne but he spoke again. 
"I didn't allowed you to leave" He finally decided to speak in english. 
"Oh so now you speak in english" i scoffed. I find this fellow completely idiot jst sayin'
 
"Who are you? What do you want? And how did you know my name?" I asked with a straight voice. 
"Those is a lot of questions" He rubbed his chin again. "Pass" 
You can easily tell he's not good in english. 
"Fix you english then come talk to me. I'm out of her" I  started to walk away but he said a word that maid me freeze. 
 
"Your sister" 
 
I found myself angrily stomping to him and grabbed his caller. 
"What are you saying?! What the hell did you just said?" i loosed my temper. 
"Your sister. You want her back?!" He smirked. 
"You have my sister. Where? Where is she?" i shouted. 
 
"Hmm You're not bad looking. Now i know wae you sister is hot" He mocked. 
I pushed him hard to the wall. 
 
"Are you toying with me?!" i grabbed his caller again. 
 
"You're getting on my nerve kiddo" He said calmly using that foreign language again. 
 
", Speak english you " I shook him.
 
"You need to learn Korean first" He stare was straight. 
 
"Who are you?" My voice started to get low. Who the hell is this creepy creature. 
 
"Me?! Gyungjun" He lightly pushed my hand. 
 
"Don't joke with me" My fist found it way to his face. He didn't budge though
He just smirked and wiped his lips with the back of his hand. 
 
"See that i didn't even bleed" He scoffed then placed his palm on my chest. Before i know it i found myself flying to the other wall with a great force. 
He didn't move. Hell i have no idea how he even did that
But all my body hurt as i hit the wall with a big thud
 
"You're no match for me" He came closer. 
 
I managed to stand up again. "What are you?" I said suppressing my breath. 
 
"Me?! Easy" He scoffed. "I'm a vampire" He whispered mockingly. 
 
"You still don't take me seriously. Quit the cra-" 
"Who said i was kidding!!" He cut me off with a raised brow. 
"What an idiot like you will understand anyway" He said in a foreign language again. I didn't get what he said but seems like he's mocking me. 
"Aaaaah you don't believe me" He tsked. 
 
"I'll prove it to you. Look there" He pointed to the street where people were walking back and forth. 
"What to look at?" I asked not turning my head to him. 
"Me" He whispered. I got goosebumps when i saw him in the end of the street. 
He was here just awhile ago and now he disappeared to there. 
I blinked several time then i saw him appear again in my side with an old man in his hand. 
 
"What? Who?" i stuttered. My legs started to shake is he really a vampire? 
"You want me to his blood in front of you so that you believe it?" He asked. He didn't look like he is kidding. 
The guy in his hand  already faint. 
I shook my head terrified. 
"Good so you do believe now" He throw the man on the ground. 
I swallowed. His eyes were yellow. His veins were shown 
Everything was believable 
 
"My s-sister?!" I stuttered. "She's fine isn't she?" i asked. 
"Lina!! Yeah she's fine. Wanna save her you need to be my master slave?" 
He answered. Slave ?! 
Is this the only way. He even know her name so he is not lying. 
I remained silent. He took it as a yes
"Start learning Korean first" Then he disappeared. 
What did i get myself into?!
 
So this how things happened. He started appearing to me several time telling me What his master wants. 
First it was simple stuff then things got bigger. 
I saw him blood in front of my eyes. First i got terrified then i got use to it. 
Things went that way for a year or two. 
I got scared for my own life too. So i wanted to be a vampire 
They taught me some spells. Gyungjun and other Master slaves
They promised me that their master Aron will turn me to one. 
Just like they promised me they'll get me back to my sister. 
 
When i fully learned Korean i got an order from the Aron to go study in Korea. 
I asked Emma lying that i have relatives their she didn't mind so i went to Korea. 
 
And here i am today trying to prepare another meal for Aron. Jung Jury
 
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________
Here it is Kris FULL past. See he's a good guy don't hate him =^= 
You know this Is my first time writing something this sad :| it won't happen again 
Maybe some twists but DEFINITELY the ending won't be sad. 
I don't like sad ending myself xP 
anyway Hope you enjoy it :))