The Second Encounter

Socialites

JAEJOONG'S POV

Here I am, walking behind Chairman Hwang inside his own company. My dad told me that there's an urgent sharesholders meeting inside the Hwang Corporation, and I MUST attend it. Whoever is planning this whole sharesholders meeting thing, should really be fired. Its true that I don't know what the exact problem is, but I guess it's some kind of a conspiracy and politics going on inside the company. I mean, who actually ask for a sharesholders meeting for "abuse of power", and that too, when the CEO and VP declined some of the proposals made by some directors inside. If I was their boss, they would have skin me alive.

I shuddered at the thoughts.

And this guy must be really desperate to get the position. I sighed. What is wrong with companies these days?!

We're not even trying to run a nation, so why are there so many politics and conspiracies running around the company? I seriously hate these kind of guys. You can't beat them down with your skills, so you're trying to get your hands dirty, and that too in broad daylight.

I wake up from my own thoughts, and started to look up. I saw a woman's side profile, and I think I've met this girl somewhere..who could she be? I've never entered the Hwang Conglomerate's building, I've never met the Chairman..now..now.. who could she be..she's definitely not one of my girlfriends...think Jae think

OH!!!!! It's her!!! That that crazy ahjumma!!!!! Oh..my..God...Jesus Buddha Allah Why do you let us meet...again?! ARGH!

My eyes literally popped out of its sockets.

It can't be her...It can't be her.. Why do I keep on hallucinating about her?!

She ruined my mood last night, I dreamt about her in my sleep. Whenever I closed my eyes her ugly face pops out, and I even thought that one of my maid was her! 

Kim Jae Joong, what is wrong with you?! Girls are supposed to oggle you, dream about you, eye you.

Not the other way round. Something is freaking wrong with THE Kim Jae Joong.

Get a hold of yourself Jae...there's no possible way for her to be here.

I closed my eyes and shake my head roughly, hoping that she's one of my hallucinations. 

But...reality is not that sweet now is it?

What on earth is that crazy ahjumma doing in this building?! And she..she..she..is walking beside the chairman. She can't be the VP or the CEO of this..this..conglomerate right?!

Arghh...If she is, then I would have to face her every week for the joint resort meeting. I dread that joint resort thing, and now I don't even feel like going there. I sighed and pouted.

Then I saw her head turn backwards, she scanned the people that are following the Chairman, and she squinted her eyes...at...me...

She should be glad that she can see my hot face again. I shrugged and smirk towards her.

 

YOUR POV

 

I turned my head around and scanned harabeoji's "minions". My eyes stop on one of his"minions".

Oh no....why is that that that jerk prince walking behind harabeoji..?!

And..he's..smirking at me?! Ughhh How I wish to punch that pretty face of his

Kim Conglomerate? Kim conglomerate..Kim..Kim..Kim...ummm ...

He can't be President Kim Young Il's grandson right?! Then...he's..Kim Jae Joong?!

The future towards my meeting with the Kim Conglomerate doesn't look that bright. I sighed.

Can this day get any worst?! I blew a raspberry and huffed my cheeks.

I turn my head around.

Oh right...I missed the most important part..

I turned my head back once more..to gladly return his smirk of course.

 

NARRATOR'S POV

 

The Hwang family was seen in the front line of at least two dozens of people behind them. In the middle stood the good old President Hwang. On his left, is his last grandson, The Vice President, Hwang Zi Tao. While towards his right, stood a beautiful yound heiress of the Hwang family, the Chief Executive Officer of the company, Hwang In Hee to be exact.

It's currently 10am. Which means that the meeting in two and a half hour behind schedule.

"Calling all sharesholders to the conference room right now" This line was repeated for several times through the loudspeaker all around the building.

Soon after the president arrived, more sharesholders whom In Hee and Tao had called earlier are seen entering the Hwang Conglomerate building. And they are in a big rush.

The president sat down in his seat. And so did his grandchildren and the rest of his "minions". 

The young heiress eyes are set straightly towards one single target. The. Jerk. Prince.

One by one, the shares holders are seen entering the huge conference room.

Meanwhile the president like where his grand daughter's stare is going.

He chuckled and start to whisper something in Tao's ear. The younger heir's face starts to lit up and seems to like what his grandfather is planning.

He then whisper the same thing to In Hee's ear.

"In Hee-ya~, lets go on a date with Tao and harabeoji today" He said with a warm smile drawn on his wrinkled face.

"Ne harabeoji!" She nodded and return his smile with a grin.

"Ah, and we're having dinner in my friend's house tonight alright?" He said.

"Really? To whose house??" She asked with wide eyes.

"Someone that I really trust" He smiled.

"You know, In Hee, this old man may have to retire soon. In this age, I might leave you two any time. And I can't even expect my own son to take care of you two. I want you to meet this friend, who'll be more than willing to help you two whenever you have a hard time. He'll love you like his own, and you two can even get the parent love which you two never got." He said with a hint of tears in his eyes.

The young heiress hold his hand, tears threathening to fall from her eyes too.

"You'll not leave us anytime soon, you'll still live even a thousand years from now.Whoever this friend is, he must be a really good person. And harabeoji! Tao and I got more than enough love from you and halmeoni, and that love, is even bigger than any of my friend's parent love, so stop saying things like that" She give him an assuring smile.

Just in time, the last shares holder step inside the conference room.

At exactly 10.30 am the meeting finally started. And they're now exactly three hours behind schedule.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry for the inconveniences, and I thank you for your kind coorperation and understanding." The MC said and bowed.

"We will now begin the meeting. According to the Marketing director, Mr Hwang Jong Hoon, there have been an abuse of power done by the CEO and Vice president of the company, and he wish to let them step down from their current position. Mr Hwang..please" 

"Good Morning Ladies and gentemen, I would like to apologize for the delay once again. I'll get straight to the point. Ms Hwang In Hee who is currently the chief executive officer of the company, along with the vice president, Mr Hwang Zi Tao, use their power of absoluteness to decline most of the proposals made by the directors of the company." He said with a sly grin plastered on his face.

The president looked angry while the two heirs flashed their infamous smirk. The young heir of Kim conglomerate join the parade of smirks and clapped his hands in astonishment.

In Hee saw him clapping his hand at the end of Mr Hwang's speech. And the clap he just gave, sounds very sarcastic to her. Her smirk grew bigger, and she too, clapped her hands in disbelief.

"Very well said Mr Hwang" the young lady said.

"Well, I have a time for a justification right? As Mr Hwang said, I, Hwang In Hee, declined some or most of the proposals made by the directors. Why? This word must have popped somewhere inside your head right? A lot of you here are presidents of big companies, or at least some directors from a certain company right?" As she said that, one by one, the heads of the share holders start to nods.

She smiled.

 

YOUR POV 

 

"Well, there are certain times where you have to decline some proposals since most of them are not realistic enough, and the rest are not profitable enough, or may lead the company in losses for the quarters, and I'm sure, all of you here don't want that to happen either right?" I paused, while the parade of nodding heads continues.

"Building a luxury mall in jejudo, building a new ski resort in Gyeonggi-do, Closing one of our most profitable bank branch in yeouido and to make it to a starting point for a new coffee shop. I am the CEO of the company, if someone makes this kind of proposals to any of you, I think none of you will agree. I work for this company, I must calculate the budget, the cost, the return the effect and all the nig nags, and somehow, Mr Hwang here, called for a sharesholder meeting at 7.30 am today, because of this same stupid reason" I said, with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"As a shareholder of this company, I feel very sad that the directors are not able to work peacefully and have each other's back. Instead they make petty conspiracies like this and end up wasting everyone's time. What Ms Hwang In Hee said is true, this is a plain stupid reason for calling such a huge crowd of important people. This is clearly not a case of "abuse of power" but rather the case of "plain stupidity". Be thankful that this company is still a bit lenient, if you guys come up with this kind of stupid proposals in other company, you guys will be fired directly" Mr Jerk Prince said. I smiled whole heartedly, never knew he's good in this field, maybe doing meetings with the Kim corp won't be that torchering after all, at least he got a good sense of justice..right?

 

TAO'S POV

"I agree with the CEO. This is not a case of "abuse of power" but rather saving the mighty Hwang Conglomerate and the lives of at least 30 000 employess from poverty, umployment and bankcruptcy. Who in the right mind would even build a luxury mall inside an island which land cost at least three times the normal price, and then sell branded imported goods which are ten times more expnsive inside the island due to the heavy custom duties of South Korea? And which boss will agree to take out one of their most profitable branch? And because of that very own branch, the mighty Hwang conglomerate is here today. I said, with a smirk on my face.

"Mr Hwang do you have anything left to say?" the MC asked.

"..."

"..."

"No..." uncle said. Bingo~! I thought, while my smirk widen.

"Those who wish to remove the CEO and the VP from their current position, please raise your hand" The MC said calmly.

I looked around, to find one or two hands rising up, but that's it. I saw my uncle gave a "death glare" to his minions, while most of them didn't even react to his glare. I chuckled darkly.

"The removal of the CEO and VP will be nulled as of the result of the meeting" The MC said.

"Wait... I have something else to say" grandpa said

" As of today, I would like to remove Mr Hwang Jong Hoon's position as a Marketing Director, and would like to fire him on the spot. The reason is very simple, it's simply because he's not doing a good job as a marketing director, and his absentees are very poor too, while he actually "abused" his authority by forcing his employees to write fake reports and illegally stole millions of dollars worth of cash, assets and etc from the company. Those who agree with me, please raise their hands up" Harabeoji said in a calm tone.

I looked at my sister who have the same shocked expression on her face, while uncle's jaw dropped, betrayal and hurt were written all over his face. 

Serves him right though.

I raised my hand, and so did my sister, my grandpa's hand is up too, soon, everyone started to held their hands high in the air, and with that, my uncle is out for good.

"With more than 80% of people agreeing to the removal of the current Marketing Director, Mr Hwang Jong Hoon, is officially fired from the Hwang conglomerate". I heard the MC said.

I never knew that there'll be a day where harabeoji actually fire him. He ALWAYS gives him second chances, but uncle always let him down. I feel sad for harabeoji though, his heart must be shattered right now.

"Ah, and one more thing, the current Marketing Director position will be given to Hwang In Hee in the mean time." he said and stood up, and with that, the meeting ends.

 

 

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ugh, finally I'm done with this chappie. Its a long one, hope you guys enjoy it :)