Exhausted

Socialites

 

NARRATOR'S POV

 

 

“How is Jong In doing?” He asked, concerned.

“I guess he’s okay.” His grandson shrugged.

“You guess? I told you to make sure of it. Are you sure he's not beaten? Are you sure he's even eating well?" He shook his head disappointedly.

"You need to take a look on him once in a while Tao, whether he’s doing his job properly, or whether he’s dragged into the wrong path. You must not make him like the way I shape his father, feeling insufficient with what he have and have a lot of empty ambitions planted in his heart.” The old man said.

“Halbae, I guess...that’s not mine or noona’s job, we’re only his cousin, he’ll think of us as annoying, he won’t listen to us, trust me. Why don’t you try to talk him, ask him to live with us maybe, jageun abeoji will be more than happy to do that for you, with a greed as much as his, he’ll probably think of that as an opportunity to win back your heart. And you know better yourself, that you’re unable to talk to him because of your own feeling of guilt that’s eating you up.”

He took a deep breath and sighed. “You’re right, I should treat him better right?” He asked.

His grandchildren nodded. “Yea, you probably should. He’s a child full of pain from his childhood harabeoji, be good to him” His granddaughter told him.

He smiled and nodded. “I’ll do well…For the sake of our Jong Innie.”

“That’s the spirit halbae!” His grandson said with a grin.

“HWAITING!” She said.

“I’ll have to ask him first and let him design his own room. Which room should I give him? Which view would he prefer? The mountains? The garden? Or perhaps the swimming pool?” He asked excitedly.

“Aigoo harabeoji…you’re getting way to excited by yourself. Meet him, hug him, ask him and then decide” She smiled.

“I probably should do that right?”

“Yes you should”

He grinned.

They walked into the restaurant’s private room and are immediately greeted by his new grandson in law.

The food have been kept in place and are ready to be eaten.

They walked into the restaurant’s private room and are immediately greeted by his new grandson in law.

The food have been kept in place and are ready to be eaten.

 

The old man let out a small chuckle and asked him to sit down.

His grandchildren help him sit on the floor. His grandson sat beside him, while his granddaughter sat beside her newfound husband.

“Anyeonghasimika harabeoji” He greeted formally.

“I’m fine…” He said followed by a low chuckle.

 “Mhm, so how’s your marriage?”

“It’s been fine, sir”

“Please, be less formal to me from now on, we’re family anyways”

“Ne” He said with a stiff short bow.

“Any problems?”

“No, sir”

“Is my granddaughter doing fine? She’ll definitely be a big burden for a person like you. As you have known, she is my most spoiled granddaughter and to add to that, she’s even more spoiled by the existence of her seven boys best friends”

“Harabeoji~~~” She whined and pouted.

“This is an example of what I’m saying”

“Animida harabeoji, she’s been a refined young lady” He assures her.

“I hope so. She’ll get more comfortable with you within the next few months, please bear with her increasing nagging and childishness during that time”

“Of course harabeoji, don’t worry” He flashes out his best fake smile.

He chuckled again. “And I hope that you’re treating her well, I won’t let you go for hurting my one and only granddaughter”

“Yes, I’ll try my best, sir”
“Alright then, let’s eat”

The family ate happily. To be exact, the three of them ate happily, excluding the new grandson in law.

His wife which have noticed his silent actions tries to bring him into the conversation, while her brother cuts him every single time he tries to blend him.

She kicks his legs hardly and gave him a look.

He sighs and ate his food while her husband is now talking.

After an hour of royal Korean traditional lunch, the family went out and part ways.

She took her belongings from her grandfather's car and transferred it to her husbnad's car.

While Jae Joong and In Hee are heading to Gyeonggido, Tao and his grandfather went back to the company.

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

That was one stiff lunch.

The elders will forever be elders.

“You must feel bad huh?” She asked.

“About what? Your grandfather?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Nah, not really. All elders are like that anyways” I said with a shrug.

“That’s good to hear, and by the way, I’m not as childish as he mentions”

I let out a small chuckle.

“No you’re even more childish than what he mentions” I said truthfully.

“Tch, jerk prince. Let’s go, we’re running late”

“A team of architects and engineers will be present as well” She informed me.

I nodded.

“Get in” I said as I open the door for her.

She stepped in while I walked to the other side of the car.

The car ride went awfully silent.

She slept as soon as she stepped in to the car.

Well, kids do sleep a lot right? Especially after a meal.

I sighed and turn on some songs.

She’s really making me sleepy.

And the way to Gyeonggido is really long by itself, seeing her sleeping peacefully makes me sleepy as well. Especially after all the alcohol last night.

Ugh.

Should I nudge her?

She seems to be pretty tired though…

Be good Jae Joong be good.

So in the end, I became a gentleman and drive the car to Gyeonggido…alone…

Once we’re there, I nudged her.

“In Heeya….ya…wake up….” I said as I nudged her hand.

She wailed and tries to shift into a comfortable position but I kept on nudging her.

She raises her hand and scratches her own neck.

I nudged her again.

She raises her hand again and wailed, but this time, she raises her hand to slap my dear face…

She did not…

Oh no..she did not just slap this beautiful face of mine…

“YA!!!!! Why did you do that?!?!”

“Ugh….why are you so noisy?”

“YA!!! Why did you slap me?!”

“What..?Why are you shouting..? Where are we?” She asked confusedly while rubbing her eyes.

I sighed.

“You just slapped my face you idiot”

“I did?!” She asked, surprised.

“Yeah…”

“I thought you’re my pillow…” She said innocently.

I face palmed.

“Whatever, let’s just go down” I rolled my eyes and get off the car.

"Wait~~!! Lemme change my shoes first. 11cm hills are not for climbing" She said with a horrified look in her face.

I rolled my eyes, get off the car and open the door for her.

What a gentleman I am.

“I’m sorry!!!” She grinned aplogetically.

Doesn’t look like she’s sorry…

“Doesn’t look like it honey”

She thought for a while.

“Actually I feel kind of good after knowing that I slap you unconsciously..” She grinned widely.

“That’s…mean…”

She shrugs.. “Anyway…I’m sorry” She stuck her tongue out and left with the others.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

Kid.

“KIM JEONG DAE~~!!!” She shouted suddenly.

I looked at her with wide eyes.

She ran suddenly and goes for a bear hug with a guy who looks just as surprised as I am.

Boyfie?

Nah…

He looks way too young and surprised by her approach.

Then? Another brother?

From her mom’s side perhaps…?

Nope…not possible.

“Noona. Let. Go. Can’t. Breathe”

She let go of the bone crushing hug.

Now that I can get a clear picture of the guy, he’s one of her friends.

“Jae Joongshi~!!” She grinned and motioned me to come.

I walked forward and shook hand with him.

“Hey, how are you?” I asked.

“Hey, so so, what about you?” He asked.

“Same here”

“And I thought you were more of the business material?”
“I am, I came here for you noona. To see whether you’ll take advantage of my architects and engineers or not” He grinned.

“YA! I’m not that…mean alright”

“Just to make sure”

“Jae Joongshi, this way please, noona let’s go”

So we end up travelling around the old resort. The initial plan was to find some flaws and fix them, but boy, I guess we need to rebuild the whole resort.

Giving it some more character and more publicity, building a ski resort and something out of the ordinary.

The current place looks like it had just been swept away by some typhoon or some sort.

After taking several pictures from all different angles including from above, we discuss about the building type, its character and all.

We ended up with nothing. We should’ve surveyed and sortied the whole area first before deciding on anything. Some kind of market survey must be done as well.

Well, this is going to be one long long project.

After a long and thorough discussion we went home.

I’m way too exhausted to drive us back all the way to Seoul, so she’s the one who’s driving while I’m the one who’s sleeping.

She woke me up once we’re home, and no, I did not slap her, because I’m just that kind.

I dragged my body lazily up to the second floor and into my room. I plopped myself on the bed and slept there immediately.

She came in moments later and slept somewhere on the bed as well.

We’re both way too exhausted today.

Perhaps its because we haven’t worked for a long time, or maybe it was the hangover effect or maybe, we just got ourselves some inconsiderate secretaries.

 

 
 
 
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
A chappie to lesson my guilt to all of you...:D
OMG...
90 SUBSCRIBERS!!! :D <3<3<3<3
AUTHORNIM LOVES YOU GUYS :*