A Date?

Socialites

 

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

I woke up the next day, feeling a lot better than last night.

I decide not to wake the sleeping kid beside me and take a shower.

I’ll be stuck in her office for the whole day today.

I grin unconsciously.

When I walked out of the dressing room and into the main room, I found the bed empty.

Where did she go?

Is she in the bathroom already?

I knocked on the bathroom door to get no response.

I slowly opened the door to find an empty bathroom.

Odd.

Is she downstairs already?
I went down to see her cluttering around the kitchen.

“Did you brush your teeth yet?” I asked.

“Oh, you scared me” She said as she drops the spoon.

“Don’t worry, I did” She grins.

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m okay already” I smiled.

“That’s good. I’ve made you some porridge so eat it while I take a shower okay?” She said in an ahjumma like voice.

“You just sound like an ahjumma” I said straightforwardly.

She chuckled.

“I think I do look like an ahjumma, considering my outfit and this apron, and the fact that I just cooked you breakfast and put it on the countertop. Gosh…I feel so old already.”

“Sit here and eat, you can take a shower after the breakfast”

“I don’t think I’ll make it on time though” She said as she looks at the giant clock.

“Its okay, we’ll be having a one day meeting anyway”

I pat a seat beside me where she sits soon after.

I was about to say something when her phone call interrupts me.

I pouted.

“Yeah, its me” She said.

Her office people are in already? What time is it? Eight?

“Yeah, we’ll pass it down to the director of planning for the representative’s position. And ask him to take someone who he thinks is worthy to fill the spot.”

“Okay, bye”

“Office?” I asked.

She nodded.

“How come your office people are so early?”

“They’re all planning for the inauguration of the new director of planning and the new rep of Haewon”

“Ah…” I said as I take a bite.

“Oh right, for the resort, to save cost, can we use my factory’s leftover ceramics? Since we’re going for the boutique hotel winter wonderland-ish theme.”

“That’s a good idea, floorings usually take a huge cost.”
She nodded. “That’s why.”

“We’ll talk about this with the others. How many leftover ceramics do you think you have?”

“More than 15 000 pieces. Most of them are in vibrant colours and I have some leftover granite and marble tiles as well”

I nodded.

“But hey, should you really talk about work when we’re having breakfast?”

She shrugged.

“It just came into my mind.”

“I’ll head to the office with you today” I blurts out.

“Really? You’re actually heading to the office with me?” She grins

I nodded.

“Assa~!! Then wait for me here alright?” She cheerfully said before she disappeared upstairs in a matter of seconds.

I chuckled and wait for her on the sofa in the front foyer.

She came down rushing moments later.

I looked up and she grins at me.

I smiled back.

She rushed down the stairs, I was keeping an eye on her when she slips the few last flight of stairs and came down with a huge thud.

I looked at her wide eyes.

“Are you okay?” I asked concerned as I quickly rushed to her side.

“Yeah..I think I am…for now…” She said as she massaged her back.

“Why do you fall so often?”

“I get clumsy whenever I’m in a rush”

I chuckled.

What a kid.

“And plus, my balance is bad since I have tiny little feet”

“Doesn’t look that tiny” I said as I looked at her feet.

She’s just clumsy.

“Size 235 for a girl as tall as I am is considered small and unbalanced ahjusshi”

“Plus your clumsiness” I grin as I pulled her up.

235 huh?

That’s pretty small.

“Thanks”

 

 

NARRATOR’S POV

 

 

They went into the office, everybody bowed at the sight of them. A lot of people are paying more attention to them today, since it’s such a rare sight to see the two together, some people are even commenting on how perfect they look good together.

She heard a female employee talking about her, saying that maybe she’s pregnant since her tummy looks bigger.

She immediately pouts and scowled softly.

They went into the elevator and as soon as the elevator door closed, he burst out into laughter.

“Yea yea I’m getting fatter, guess I need to start my workout routine again” She grumbled.

“They thought you’re pregnant” He said in between his laugh.

“That’s actually offending to say to a not pregnant woman” He finally calmed down and said.

She gave him a look.

“Do I look that fat?” She hissed.

“Not really” He shrugs as he scans her.

They went into her office and immediately she heads to her bathroom inside the office scanning her own tummy.

“Do I really look that fat?” She asked herself in front of the mirror.

"Mirror mirror on the wall, do I look like a pregnant ahjumma these days?" She asked the mirror, playing the queen in Snow White, but of course, the mirror didn't respon.

Or...it doesn't want the owner of the mirror to kill it.

She weighs herself and huffed her cheeks as her weight increases.

“I’m such a fat pig” She muttered as she pinched her own tummy in front of the mirror.

“And I hate being fat” She pouts.

She went out moments later looking depressed.

“Still depressed over what that employee said?” He asked.

She nodded.

“I gain some weight” She said as she blew a raspberry.

“You’re not exactly that fat”

“Still…she even said that I’m pregnant”

He chuckled.

“Its okay, you’re still considered as thin.” He said as he ruffled her hair.

She kept on using the duck face.

“Should I buy you a cake? You’ll usually cheer up with a slice of cake”

She shook her head.

“I don’t want to try to gain more weight”

“Arrasso that’s why you need to cheer up before I shove a cake down your throat to get those endorphins working”

“Depyonim, its time for the meeting” Her secretary said through the intercom.

“I got it”

They walked down the hall to the meeting room where the others are already seated.

The sadistic killer, Kim Jeong Dae is also present.

“Morning” She greeted cheerfully.

They greets her back with a silent nod.

“So, I have a suggestion to make. HS have this huge pile of leftover ceramics accumulated over the past years and I’m thinking to use them for the resort”

“Do you have some sample pictures” Chen asked.

She sent them a copy into their respectful ipads.

“We could actually use these. Some of them still look pretty decent to me”

“They are quite okay. Those granite piles over there didn’t pass the QC.”

“We could cut them up and make them into small bricks for the wall. That’ll fit the whole wonderland theme. And since we can’t use these ceramics for normal floorings anymore, I was thinking if we could actually further break them up and create some sort of messed up mosaic for the bathroom floors”

They nodded in agreement, he grins.

“I just got an idea!” He said excitedly.

“Let’s make two different areas. Hanok for foreigners and medieval old town Europe for Koreans” He grins.

“So we’ll sort of split the resort into two parts”

“Exactly. But unlike those typical themed resorts, we’ll create two different resort located side by side, but are completely separated from one another”

“We could do that, since the whole area belongs to us. So we’ll break it this way so both will have an easy access for visitors” Jae Joong stated as he draws a line on his ipad.

“I think this plan is achievable and on we could create a joint facility. Like joined ski resort. In here it shows that more and more Koreans are liking European structure, especially females where they like to see things which just came right out from the fairytales, and with the hallyu wave in full speed, more foreigners are willing to try and experience real Korean culture, and that’s what we’re giving them.”

“I think we don’t really have to divide the resort into two equal parts. More people will definitely like the little Europe and the whole cabin feel since they’re more universal than hanoks. I think for the hanoks we can just create around four or five noble houses and then split the rooms just like that.”

“Are you sure that’ll be enough? I think equal numbers of rooms will be better.”

“How many rooms are we looking for right now?”

“Around 250 rooms will be enough.”

“Since we’re not that far away from downtown Seoul, I want to make this a non seasonal hotel. So for the marketing don’t focus too much on the ski but focus more on the shops, cafes, scenery, warmth, inner peace and all. Try to focus on girls, failies and couples but don’t make the place seems all girly and stuff.”

“Ne”

“So around 125 rooms each right?”

“Ne”

“The western one, try to make it look like a serene town on the outside but try to boost on the architectural creativity on the rooms.”

“How many themes should we have?”

“Hhhmm as many as you can get, but try to avoid the contemporary minimalistic feeling, instead try to make the rooms as warm as possible”

“Contemporary are in though”

“We’re trying to reverse back, and oh, keep the luxury in mind. One or two contemporary rooms are okay, but I don’t want too much of the contemporary feel. It’s a boutique hotel without the quirky contemporary feel, I think the competition is too high on those areas, instead, something warm and something that soothes the mind would do a better job. And since Korea is a country with a lot of stressed out people, try to make the resort as stress relieving as possible. A place they could go to during the weekends.” He said

“Try to get on these and get me the budget plans later”

“Ne depyonim”

They kept on discussing on the plans and themes and is trying to get different ideas so that they’ll have more choices in the future if this one fails.

“I still think dividing them half half is not right” She huffed her cheeks in frustration after the meeting ended.

“I think it is. Trust me, my intuition is never wrong”

“Fine…We’ll see where my feelings will take me in a few days”

“What time is it?” She asked as she yawned.

“Two. Hmph, lunch is over” He sulked.

“I thought you weren’t much of a monster”

“I still need to eat in order to live, let’s go”

“Where should we eat?” she asked happily.

“Yun Ho’s place” He grins.

“We’re going to his house?!” She asked, startled.

“Ani, to one of his buildings” He grins.

“So free food?” She grins as they went out of the building.

He flicked her forehead.

“You’re seriously becoming more and more like a neighborhood ahjumma you know”

She made a face as she massaged her forehead.

“It hurts…and I’m not a neighborhood ahjumma” She muttered.

“Then stop becoming like one”

“Fine, I won’t cook you anything anymore, hmph” She made a duck face.

“That’s not really ahjumma-ish but whatever you do after that is”

“Still…cooking is a part of an ahjumma’s work” She countered.

“Anyway, no, you’ll still cook.” He said strictly.

The duck face is still plastered on her face.

He chuckled and shook his head.

There are some things that only kids could think of.

“You’re not like the guy in that I love Lee Tae Ri right? The kid who somehow became an adult"

She gave him a look.

“And all my brothers also grows up with me in the same moment”

He shrugs.

“Nothing is impossible”

“You watch way too many dramas” She said as she shook her head.

“They’re my stress reliever” He faked a smile.

She nods her head tiredly.

“Let’s go ahjumma” He grins as he got out of the car.

She shook her head in disbelief.


 

YOUR POV

 

Why does he always call me ahjumma?

Am I that old?

Do I really look like an ahjumma?

He opened the door and I quickly get off the car.

“Are you going to meet him?” I asked.

“Ani this is not his headquarters”

“Ah…” I said with my mouth hanging open.

“Is it closed already?” I heard him says.

“What time does it closes?”

“Should be…around…five more minutes”

“So….”

“So….I’ll call the boss” He grins.

“Show off” I smirked.

He shrugs “I have lots of contacts”

I nodded tiredly.

“Yes Mr Kim”

“Unlike somebody here” He muttered.

“Well, somebody here have her brothers to take care of those simple things” I grins.

“Still, you don’t know anything”

“Or maybe I just don’t want you to know that I know” I smirked.

“Really?” He asked sarcastically.

I fake a smile and hopped on the lift, grinning.

Then there comes the little prince boasting around saying that he knows the owner.

“How do you know the owner of the place?” I asked, half curious.

“Let’s see, I met him through a friend. He’s the owner of the pubs I usually come to”

I nodded slowly.

The lift ‘dinged’ on the 33rd floor.

I walk inside, strolling around the restaurant.

“Sir, we’re closed for lunch”

“Called your boss a while ago” He said coldly.

The. Jerk. Prince. Is. Back.

I smirked and shook my head lightly.

“Ah…ne…please come this way sir, the boss have informed us about you”

“Thought he just said that they’re closed” I whispered to him

He shrugs.

We sat down near the window overlooking Seoul.

“Yun Ho oppa should just set his office here”

“I told him the same thing over a million times.” He said as he rolled his eyes.

I chuckled.

“You did?” I .

He gave me a thin fake smile.

I gladly return the favour with a bigger smile.

“What do you want to eat?” He asked.

I shrug.

“I don’t know. What’s good in here?” I asked.

“Everything with beef” He smiled evilly.

I pouted.

“That’s really mean of you”

“Looks like somebody can’t eat beef here, aww, lookie lookie, somebody is sad” He teased.

I frowned.

“I’ll just eat something else then” I argued proudly.

He shrugs.

“I’ll have the fish of the day with a glass of Moët & Chandon champagne” I said to the waiter.

“Make that two” He said.

The waiter left and bowed.

“Thought you said the best thing here is the beef”

“I’m not that mean okay, I won’t tempt you with what you can’t eat”

I looked at him with a huge smile trying to form tears in my eyes.

“You don’t look cute like that. You look rather scary in fact”

“Cute people can’t do cute posses” I said and nod by myself.

He shook his head.

I smiled in victory.

We ate in kind of a peaceful aura since the place is empty and the only music they would give us is a classical music with some cluttering of the silver utensils.

“The food tastes quite good” I said as I munched through the fish.

He nodded.

“It’s quite famous, didn’t you know about this place?”

“I knew but I haven’t drop by this place”

“Are you going back to the office after this?” I asked.

“Don’t really feel like going back. But, I have to. Those guys will hunt me down if I don’t. You’re also going back?” He asked.

I nodded tiredly.

“Then we need to fill you with loads of cakes right?”

My eyes immediately lit up and a smile is immediately formed on my lips.

I nodded immediately.

He chuckled.

“And then you’ll be all high in your sugar rush”

“And then I’ll bug you like anything” I said with an evil smile.

“Should we go now?” He joked.

I shook my head.

“Remind me to bug you after I eat my cake” I grin.

“One chocolate lava cake please” I said to the waiter.
“What do you want?”

He shook his head.

The waiter bowed and left.

“With a slice of cake I’ll be more than energetic to enter the office” I chuckled.

He nodded “Must be. And after the rush is gone, you’ll hate to be in the office”

“Maybe, who knows, I might enjoy working”

The waiter came with a pretty little chocolate lava cake garnished with some powdered sugar and mint leave on top of it, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

I rubbed my hands and grins widely as I cut into the heavenly cake.

“This is so good” I mumbled as I took a spoon of it.

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

Watching her eat makes me full.

Everything that she eats will look good.

Someone should land her a CF deal.

Like really, the only person who could almost imitate her is Yoo Chun.

Before I thought that Yoo Chun is the only person who could do that, but my perspective change when I watch her eat.

She looks so into her world and so into the food, like as if she’s eating the tastiest dish on planet earth.

It looks that tasty.

She ate and ate without a single sound.

Does it tastes that good?

I think it does.

She’s not even sharing it with me.

I pouted.

That looks really tasty.

See, even I’m tempted by it.

She lay back on the chair as she’s done eating.

“That is one of my best moments in life.” She said with a satisfied face.

“That good?” I asked.

She nodded and gave the cake two thumbs up.

“I think you just love cake”

She nodded.

“But this is one of the best cakes I’ve ever eaten” She smiled gleefully.

I chuckled.

“You have something on your lips” He pointed out.

I swipe my lips once with the napkin.

“Still there”

How did I even eat that it sticks to my face this badly.

“Which side?” I asked.
“Right side”

“Here?”

“To the right, right, up, no not that much” He directed with much struggle.

My face flattens.

I tried to look at my face through the window but I can’t even get a reflection of myself.

I was turning my head back when I felt a substance being rubbed onto my face.

I looked up to figure out what it is to find the prince’s figure above me.

I blinked in surprise for several times.

Our eyes met and he also looked surprised, he quickly retreated back to his seat and cleared his throat as he looked away.

“Ani, that thing was starting to annoy me and you can’t seem to get my direction so I just rubbed it off from you, I didn’t know that you’re going to turn your head around” He said as he looked down.

I chuckled and he looked up.

“Why are you laughing?” He asked, rather surprised.

I shook my head as I kept on laughing.

That was really cute of him. Did I even say anything to him? He was explaining me the whole thing like he did some kind of a grave mistake.

And that look on his face is really cute.

A cute guilty look? Should’ve clicked a picture of him with that face.

“What?”

I shook my head again.

“Ah, seriously, why are you laughing?!”

“Nothing. I just feel like that side of you was really cute” I said in between my laugh.

You have to see his expression.

 

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

 

I sent her back and followed her in to her office.

“You’re not going back to your office?” She asked.

“Why? You’re going to kick me out if I’m not going?”

She shook her head.

"But you said your guys will hunt you down if you're not present"

I chuckled.

"CEOs have sick leaves too you know"

"Ah...really? That's sad of you, I can just get out anytime I want to" She teased.

“And plus I don’t want to get back to the office” I pouted as I sat down on one of her sofas.

“Stay here and help me then” She grins.

I grunted.

“No” I said with folded hands.

She chuckled.

She picks up the ringing phone and asks whoever is outside to come in.

“Hey” She greeted.

“Yo noona” The guy said.

I can’t see his face because his back is facing the back of my head and I’m simply to lazy to turn around.

“Say hi to your brother in law” She said.

He bowed briefly and I did the same.

“This is the final report on the factories, and they said that it’s better to move them and build a new one while we’re giving them some trainings and all”

They talked for a brief moment regarding the factory and all, I guess he planned to stay but cancelled the plan because I’m here.

“Your brother seems to be more humane these days” I pointed out.

“You don’t know what I went through to make him into a human being in front of you” She rolled her eyes.

“Let me guess, you bribed him with something” I pin point.

“How did you know?!” She asked, rather surprised.

“I’m not THE Kim Jae Joong for no reason you know” I said proudly.

“Did you go through my credit card bills?”

“You paid it with cards? I thought you would be cooler”

“I like the feeling of swiping the card when I buy something” She said with a shrug.

“Makes those endorphins working huh?”

She nodded like a little kid.

“You’ll just get that thrill” She grins.

“And that’s why your company is supporting the cards campaign thingy”

“And our base lies in our banks”

He nodded, half interested.

He looks around the room to find something interesting to do.

“Can I look through your shelves? I’m really bored right now”

“Sure, go ahead”

“Found a photo album!” I exclaimed.

“Congratulations, you just found my photo album inside the shelves.” She said dryly as she read through her files.

“Yay” I said as I mimicked her dry tone.

I took my phone out, ready to click everything and anything that I can use against her.

I sat on the sofa and start to open the album.

“You were fat before”

“I was so cute before” She said rather narcissistically.

I looked at her and she’s back with her files.

I clicked some of her embarrassing photos silently and saved them inside my phone.

I look back at her and grins evilly.

 

 

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx