First Day

Socialites

 

NARRATOR’S POV

 

The sun is up and the birds are chirping.

Somewhere inside the new Kim residence lies a madame, rolling freely on her bed. The sound of her alarm woke her up.

She gets up groggily and rolled to one side of the bed, tapping the tables to find her alarm clock, but to find none.

So she rolled to the other side of the bed and tapped the other table on the other side of the bed.

The alarm clock stops ringing.

She sleepily grunted and sat up.

“Ah….my head” She winced as she massaged her head.

She sleepily drags herself down to the bathroom, but instead, she’s hit by a hard, cold wall.

“Ah…” She let out a small winced.

“Right, my new bathroom is in the other side of the room” She muttered as she drags her feet for another ten meters walk to the other side of the room while she massaged her head.

She took a warm soothing bath and changed into a pair of sleeveless shirt and short terry shorts.

She went back to her room and replaced her old bandages with the new one.

After a few minutes of wincing and sweating she’s finally done mummifying herself.

She went back to her holy closet and grab a pure white ruffled Valentino shirt and a blue blazer, she tops it off with a thin, long, circular dark brown shall which falls off just beneath her shirt and pairs it with a long light brown pants and accentuates her hips with pearl and gold belt.

She then move on to her bathroom and curl her hair loosely and then she finishes her look up with a thin smoky eye makeup.

She took her ostrich dark brown hermes birkin and her shiny laboutin pumps.

She then went out of her room and went straight down to the breakfast table in the first floor.

“Did my husband left?” She asked her butler who’s waiting patiently out of her room.

“Yes ma’am. He went out early this morning. He said to tell you that he have a meeting to attend to” The old man replied.

She nodded.

“Prepare me a cup of cold fresh milk along with a slice of toast bread with strawberry jam on top of it. And oh, boil me a half-boiled egg too please” She said.

“Yes, of course ma’am. You may wait in the breakfast area for the time being” He said.

“You may go. Ask the chef to speed things up a little bit for me please. And I want my breakfast to be prepared outdoor, somewhere near the garden.” She said.

“Yes ma’am” He said as he bowed and left.

She walked down the stairs and out to the garden where a round irony coffee table and four chairs are waiting for her.

The maids quickly trailed behind her and bowed with the cup of milk in of their hands.

She quickly bowed and put the glass of milk in front of her, while the other one handed her today’s newspaper.

She nod her head and took out both of her phones.

She calls her brother.

“Morning Edison” She chirped.

“Morning noona” He said.

“How’s your head?”

“Ugh…okay…?”

“What about the other panda?” She asked.

“He’s dead. As usual”

She sighed nodded her head.

“Another day without my favourite PA then” She said.

“Harabeoji will send him to Japan tomorrow noona. So you’ll not have your favourite PA for another week or month” He said.

She choked on her milk.

“Why is he going to Japan?”

“To hold the Japan branch for a while. Harabeoji wants him to take another Japanese company”

“So he had sold the previous one?”

“That’s what I heard”

“How’s harabeoji?”

“From what I’ve seen this morning, he’s ecstatic. That ecstatic to actually go to work on time for the first time in this half year” He said flatly.

She laughed.

“Really?”

“Yea”

“Wow, I’ll meet him there then. See you too Tao”

“Bye noona. Love you”

“Love you too kung fu panda” She grinned and hung up.

She ate her toast while enjoying the flat green garden.

There are no flowers here. And that’s what good about it.

The only visible colours are green and blue and some patches of white here and there.

There are no complicated colours. Just…green…and flat.

She open the newspaper and look straight on the stock prices.

“Not bad” She muttered as she took a bite of her toast.

She flipped through the pages as she ate her breakfast peacefully.

Once she’s done she head out for the headquarters with her dark red Bentley Mulsane.

“Stop by the pharmacy first and get me two bottles of hangover medicine please” She said to the chauffeur.

“Yes ma’am” He nodded and drove off.

She took out a post-it sticker and wrote something on it.

She then stuck the paper to one of the bottle and put it back to the plastic bag.
She drank the other one down and threw it into the dustbin inside the car.

“Send this one to Jae Joong’s office please” She said.

“Yes, ma’am”

Her chauffeur opens her door.

She steps out of the car and walked confidently into the office.

“I’m back” She muttered and grinned as employees bows at the sight of the long gone CEO.

She takes the lift and went to her grandfather’s room first.

She knocks and bobs her head in cutely.

He grinned at the sight of her.

“You may go now” He said to the other directors.

She bobs her head out and wait for them to leave.

“Come in” He said with a huge grin.

“HARABEOJI~~!!!” She grinned and ran to his side with both of her hands open to hug him.

He hugged her back and smiled.

“Ack” She winced.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he broke the hug

She shook her head.

“Aniya, nothing’s wrong” She lied.

“Are you hurt somewhere?” He asked, now looking concerned.

She shook her head and lied. “Aniya”

He gave her a suspicious look while she gave him a convincing grin.

“I’m fine halbae” She grinned.

“You sure”

She nods her head.

“Fine, now sit”

“I’ll be sending Joo Won tomorrow to get another company. While you, young lady, you need to get the papers done for my caterpillar”

“Sure. I’ll get it done by next week max” She said.

“Paper business is sure taking more and more time” The old man said while sighing.

“Did he come?”

“Yea, he did. And he sure was mad.” He said.
“You met him personally?” She asked.

“Yea…sort of.”

“I pity him” She said with a pout.

“Aren’t we too mean harabeoji?” She asked.

“One must die in order for the other to survive. That’s the basic rule of nature. We’re not much different from the food cycle. They’re on the bottom, supplying us with food, while we’re at the top, preying them.” He said.

“Wow, you’re cold”

“You’re not much different from me.” He said.

“Fine. I’ll get it done ASAP then. We must survive.” She said.

He nodded happily.

“In Heeya, strengthen your heart. You’re the firstborn, and you know what your task is right? If you’re this weak, how will I go peacefully?” He said softly while her hair.

“Its not that I’m not strong enough. I’ve been doing this for several years now, but, its just that, sometimes, I feel that what we’re doing is wrong, but at the same time, I love what I’m doing…”

“This is completely legal In Hee. Be strong. You’re not wrong, they’re wrong to fall into our traps. We’re completely sinless. Remember that” He said.

She nodded and smiled softly. “Don’t worry harabeoji, I know what I’m suppose to do.” She grinned.

“Good girl.” He smiled.

“Then, I’ll be going first” She said.

“Oh, call Kim seobang for lunch today alright?” He said.

“I’ll ask him first” She smiled

“Arrasso” He nodded and said.

She stood up and walked out of the door.

“You can do it Hee! Aja aja!”

She entered her office a floor below the President’s room and is welcomed by an excited looking Vic.

“Hey, morning guys” She chirped happily.

“Morning depyonim” They said as they bowed and grinned.

“Vic, read me my schedule.”

“Yes depyonim. You’re jammed packed for today. A morning meeting with the directors for the new planning schemes, followed by a meeting after that with the shares holder of the Jeon president’s company at eleven o’clock. After lunch, you need to see the financial report and then you’ll be heading to the mountain to take a look at the old resort in Gyeonggido. Your husband will be present as well.”

“That’s hard work. I’ll just look at the financial report in the car on the way to the resort. Put it inside my bag please” She sighed.

“What time is my meeting?”

“At ten, depyonim”

“Alright then. Get me the legal team into the office”

“Yes depyonim”

She went into the office and after a few minutes the legal team came in and they talked about the paper works for the new owned caterpillar.

She fished out her phone and she’s immediately connected with her husband.

“Hey”

“Hey. Thanks for the meds” He said.

“Welcome, thought you would need it”

“Yeah, I do” He chuckled from the other line.

“Are you free for lunch?”

“Yeah, sure. Why? Want to have a date with me?” He asked playfully.
“Uh huh. To be exact, my grandpa wants to have a date with us” She replied.

“Alright sure”

“We’ll be waiting for you in the Yong restaurant”

“Kay, sure, I’ll meet you there at twelve pm sharp. Are your hands and legs okay?”

“Yea, they’re surviving pretty well now”

“Kay, then, see you”

“Bye”

Once they’re done with that, she quickly moves to the conference room for another hour of a much more improved proposals.
They came into agreement for several proposals, while most are probably thrown away out of the dustbin.

The old planning director managed to save his seat in the conference room, thanks to a small tiny little part of his accepted proposals.

“Vic, get me my running shoes and keep them in my grandfather's car.”

“Ne, depyonim”

“My noona is getting busy again”

“Very busy Tao.”

“Who told you to skip anyway?” He let out a playful grin as he pat his sister’s back.

“Ugh, harabeoji?”

“You reap what you sow noona, you reap what you sow” He said as he shook his head in slow motion.
“Yea yea smarty pants” She said as she walk away while rolling her eyes.

“Noona~~ wait for me~~”

They went to the president’s room and went out for lunch with his bloodless related grandson.

“Since you got yourself a new grandson, are you throwing me away?” Tao asked, sulking.

“Its not like that Tao, but I just need to have a long conversation with him.”

“I’m still going to go with you two” He said as he crossed his arms and puffed his cheeks.

He sighs in defeat. He knows that his grandchildren’s aegyo WILL forever work on him. “Fine…” he said…defeated.

The panda grin “Let’s go halbae~!” He said as he slung an arm onto his sister’s shoulder and dragged her with him.

They went in to the h2 hummer limousine that belongs to their grandfather.

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys~~!^^

I'm sorry for going away for such a long time...

I went to another holiday....;; :$

So yeah....I was unable to update these past few days...again...but I assure you... I'm back..for good :D