That Night

Socialites

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

“How was dinner?” I asked.

“They’re good, had two duck s on one day though” She pouted.

I chuckled, inwardly and outwardly, with a hint of my smug smile of course.

Then of course, nobody beats the great Kim Jae Joong, not even that maknae of mine.

“You know that those duck s are very high in calories right? Someone is not gonna get her abs” I teased.

“Fine, I’ll work out once we get home” She ‘hmphed’ me.

I chuckled.

“Now did I even say that I’m going to let you do that? Why would I even want you to be thin? It would be good publicity to the Kims ‘Hwang In Hee from Hwang corp is getting healthier after her marriage’ or something along those line” I fake smiled.

“Tch, all you ever think of is publicity for your company, you’ve never even thought of me” She mumbled with a soft voice but loud enough for me to hear.

Wait, what?

“What did you say?” I asked her.

“Nothing” She sighed.

No, seriously, did I hear that right?

“Where are we going by the way?”

“Oh? Oh…home of course, you’re going to China tomorrow, where else could we possibly go?”

“Thought you said that we’re going to go somewhere first”

“Ani…”

“Ah..okay…then can you please drop me in my house?” she asked.

What?

“What? Which house?”

“My old house, I need to give some documents to grandpa”

“Oh, I’ll go with you”

“Oh my God you’re so kind to me these days~~ love you hun” She cheered.

What were the last three words?

What?

Seriously?

I cleared my throat.

“Why did you suddenly become awkward?” She asked.

Am I not supposed to become awkward at this point?

Cleared my throat for the second.

“Who said I am”

“Never mind then”

“What documents do you have to give?”

“List of people that’ll change my brother’s life” I sighed.

“Let me guess, Samsung’s granddaughter is there, she’s quiet pretty too, so is Hyundai’s, Jeguk’s then who else?”

“Which one do you think is the least annoying?”

“Hmm, I would go with…none”

She pouted.

“Why?”

“They are all annoying”

“Oh”

“Oh well” she said again.

“He could handle his own girls well” She shrugged.

“What if he’s asked to go to an arranged marriage?”

“Nah, it won’t happen, he doesn’t have any positions to lose and he doesn’t really care for his money, so old gramps can’t really threaten him with anything, plus old gramps feels really sorry as it is and plus he knows how bad my brother treats other girls than me” I grinned.

I chuckled.

“Whatever lady, like you said, that list of people could change his mind”

“The girl won’t possibly agree to live with him anyways, and even if she did, those annoying girls would probably cries her eyes out to her family”

“Are you trying to imply that you’re strong by not reporting anything to your grandfather?” I asked.

“Not necessarily that, I just…don’t want him to worry, and anyways, I’m not a kid who should report every single thing that’s going on in her married life to her family” she said with a shrug.

“And what about you? You’re also not reporting anything to anyone. You didn’t even use my incident to get your out of this marriage”

“I don’t want to see you live on the street starting the next day” I lied.

I don’t know why I didn’t do it either.

And I still don’t know why I was angry that day.

“We’re here” I said.

“Where’s my grandpa?” I asked.

“He’s already in his room young Miss”

“Oh okay”

I went up the stairs and through the corridor in the east wing and finally knock his two large wooden doors.

“Come in” I can hear him say through the  speaker.

After I walked passed his living room I immediately dive in for a sweet bear hug.

“What does my cutie pie wants?” He asked.

“I got the list of people you asked me to from daughters to granddaughters, but according to this man over here, they are annoying so don’t put him into a marriage if you don’t want a divorce a month later” she said while I bowed down.

“What do you think of the girls in this list?” He asked.

“As far as I know, they are all still too immature for brother in law, grandfather” I said formally.

“Alright then, I will just make him go through this as a punishment, I won’t ask him to the extent of marrying her, but I will definitely make him pass through some hell” he said with an evil laugh.

“Halbae you are sometimes just too mean to your grandchildren you know”

“It is always amusing to see Joo Won with a girl” He chuckled evilly.

“Omo omo”

He smiled.

“What about Jong Innie halbae?”

“He’s doing well, we just came back from a dinner and a late night movie marathon”
“Oh my God~~ You two are soooo cute” She squealed, while I just chuckled behind her.

“When are you two going to give me my great grandchildren?” He pouted.

I inwardly laughed at his pout.

“You two, don’t tell me you haven’t do it alright, and don’t tell me you guys are using contraception or whatever alright”

“Ne halbae” She fiddled in her own seats.

“I’ll go see Jong In and then I’ll take my leave” I said.

“Sure, have a safe flight princess”
“Ne, stay healthy grandpa and I will be mad if you don’t come for me at the airport later” She said with a huge pout and squinted eyes.

How cute, I thought as I chuckled.

No what?

No.

We bowed and take our leave as grandpa chuckled from behind.

“Oh by the way, I told my driver to bring Kim seobang’s car home so you two could stay here” He chuckled evilly.

“Ah, halbaeeee what about my stuffs for tomorrow?” She whined.

“Don’t worry, Vic  got all that covered for you”

“You’re so mean” She hmphed herself as she walked straight out of his room with a loud thud.

“Ya~ doing that is too much for your grandfather right?”

“Hmph, he’s mean, so what”

“Ya~~” I whined softly as I make her face me.

“Sleeping here and sleeping there doesn’t make a difference right? We always use the same room anyway” I said softly to her as I hold both of her shoulder and make her face me.

She folded her arms with a pout.

“Right?”

She whined like a child in her place.

“Come, let me be your Mr Teddy for a while” I said.

She immediately went in and hug me, while I was surprised by what came out from my mouth and what she did immediately afterwards.

I smiled and hugged her back.

I combed her hair lightly while she just pouted I guess.

“Fine…” She finally said.

“You two are really together or what?” I heard a male voice asked.

I looked up but I don’t recognize his face.

“Who are you?” I asked as she broke the hug.

“Jong Inniiiieeeee~~~” She squealed delightfully and went in for a bone crushing hug with the guy.

I winced as she landed on him.

That must have hurt him.

“Noona, bones…breaking….” I heard him managed to let out.

“Oops, sorry” She cheekily grin.

Her mood changes like the season doesn’t it?

“Mind to introduce?” I asked.

“Ah right, over here is Hwang Jong In, my youngest cousin and my favorite baby brother”
“Noona, I’m not a baby anymore”
“He’s tanned because he lived his life in the US”

“Oh, nice to meet you I’m Kim Jae Joong”

“I’ve heard, so you are the playboy huh” He said as he tilted his head.

“You’re pretty handsome” He said as he examined my face.

Of course.

I’m not THE Kim Jae Joong for no reason.

And why does this guy keeps on talking informally with me?!

“Ya, how old are you? Your words are pretty short” I threaten.

“My mouth will get tired if I say long sentences right, anyway, you do understand me pretty well this way too” He shrugged.

I scoffed.

“Come on just let him slide, and just like the kid says, you do understand him just fine right” She grinned.

Look at her, taking his side already, they are even linking arms now.

I scoffed.

“Jong Inah, get inside, don’t tease your brother in law anymore”

“Ne harabeoji” He said.

“Oh by the way noona, can I borrow your car?”

“Ani, you can’t”

“Wae?” He pouted.

“Halbae will kill me if he finds out”

“But but, Jong Innie wants to drive too” He pouted.

“Beg your halbae, Joo Won hyung’s cars are going to be confiscated, so talk nicely to halbae, or if he permits, you could use my cars too”

“Aish, I can’t wait till next year and buy a lot of cars”

“Aigoo ~ someone is growing up”

He grins cheekily.

Heol, look at those two.

I scoffed and glared at him.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Please do upvotes people~~~ <3

And oh btw, authornim is back, I have a midterm tomorrow but I read this fic all over again and just had this urge to write and upload everything~~

Now now, when should I make them fall in love??? asap??