Busy Bee

Socialites

 

YOUR POV

 

 

I woke up the next morning and quickly rushes to the bathroom.

I took a quick bath and quickly wore my sleeveless Versace white shirt and a sleeveless Giorgio Armani blazer.

I tuck in my shirt into my three quarter dress pants and wore my Laboutin black pumps.

I finish the look with a huge cross necklace from Moschino and a jeweled pin right below my neck.

I took my black Balenciaga skin clutch and rushed down.

“You’re going?” I heard a voice shouted from the right corridor.

“Yea” I shouted back.

“What about breakfast?”

“I’ll just buy something on the way later” I shouted and quickly rushed out of the house with my Maserati.

I arrived in Haewon’s factory and quickly bowed down to everyone.

“Depyonim, you’re early” My long gone brother said sarcastically.

“As a PA you should have come to my house this morning.”

“I’m sorry depyonim”

“I’m sorry. I was under detention a week ago” I said with a pout.

They cleared their throat.

“Let’s get inside” I said.

They lead me into a room.

“Hwang In Hee. CEO of HS” I introduced myself.

“Kim Kyeong Man. Manager of Haewon Textiles” He introduced.

We shook hands and sat down.

“I’m sorry for disappearing a week ago. I’m here to listen to the causes of the riot you guys caused a week ago.” I said straight forwardly.

“We’ve known a few colleagues whose factories had been taken over by some other conglomerate like yourself. They said that you’ll cut the employees into some extent and major changes in the way we work will be inevitable. We don’t want to lose our jobs.”

“Let me correct you Mr Kim, people lose their jobs because they’re not cut for it” My very very cold assistant said.

I stomped his feet with my heel.

He winced in pain.

“I’ll apologize for his rudeness”

He cleared his throat.

“So, what are we lacking from this factory? As far as I’ve seen the machines are still quite new and good.”

“Ne?”

“I asked you what’s lacking in this factory.”

“The..the…sanitations are really bad and the ventilations as well, its really hot in the summer but its freezing cold in  the winter. The smells of the textile paints are really bad as well”

“How about we make a deal?” I asked.

“What…kind of…deal…?”

“Give and take deal. Do you want me to improve the working conditions?”
“…Yes…”

“And where would I get the money to fix the working conditions…?”

“Aren’t you guys a conglomerate?”

“We have a budget, and trust me, it won’t even come near to get everything done”

“…The…then…?”

“You guys look for the money. We’ll do it in three stages. In these three months, all of you will get trainings from our HR department while I’ll fix the sanitation problem in the meantime. And then, I’ll give you a certain target, you meet that target, we’ll fix some things, you fall below the target, then, I’m sorry but you’ll have to live with it for another year. Ah, and about the emloyment problem, Hs's main assets are its employees, we have no intention to reduce employees in order to reduce costs. But, we'll cut anyone who's not skilled enough by the end of the three months duration.”

“I’ll…have to talk to the others first. This isn’t a decision that I could make myself.”

“Sure, do as you like.”

We went out of his office and look around the building.

“You came back pretty quickly”

“Did my job pretty quickly” He smirked.

“You shouldn’t have done that. How much money are you going to spend on these things?”

“I have to do that to motivate them. Look at them, working lifelessly. We should set a target for them so that they’ll have a working purpose. These guys earn a lot as well. As far as I’m aware, they’ve never had a surplus before, most of them are for domestic use while the rest of them are imported. Instead, we need to increase their productivity right right?

“Whatever Ms CEO. I still don’t think this is a good idea”

“Don’t base everything on money Joo Won. That’s not how things work”

“And giving them more facilities won’t make them work any better” He said rolling his eyes.

“But giving them a target would”

“And after three years, they’ll be back to their old habit”

“Or we could make it stick”

“What if it doesn’t stick? Then what?”

“Then we’ll sell the company. Good working conditions equals to higher price”

“That part…is true…And by three years don’t you think the hallyu wave or whatsoever will be bigger than it is now?”

“It should grow, I don’t think it’ll die in three years”

“More people will demand stuff from SK then” I grin.

He thinks about it for a moment.

“…”

“Our red panda is agreeing now doesn’t he” I teased as I pat his head.

He pried my hands away.

I chuckled.

“Hands off noona, the first thing you did to me this morning was stomping on my fet with your Laboutin heels. I’m still mad about that.”

I chuckled.

“I have to shut you up somehow right? Noona is sorry” I grin and patted his .

“Ah, noona, am I a five years old?” He whined.

“Joo Wonah, look there’s a bug~~!!” I said with a worried and scared face.

He immediately ran to my back and hides behind me while holding my shoulders with his shaky hands.

“Where?! Where is it?! Get it away from me!!!” He shouted, freaking out.

“Nope, you’re a three years old” I concluded as I smiled innocently.

“Noona you’re too much” He sulks.

I chuckled.

“Aigoo, my red panda is angry”

He glared at me.

I grin.

“Let’s go panda, we still have work to do” I grin.

He grumbled several lines of bad words and followed me with folded face nonetheless.

I went to my car and sped back to the office, while he’s with the other workers in one of the cars.

I went straight to the marketing department to fix the mess my uncle nicely left for me.

After three long hours of lecturing and exchanging our thoughts, I went for lunch inside the cafeteria.

I don’t even have the energy to eat out.

My battery is really low right now.

I haven’t had my breakfast and all of my energy has been drained out from that meeting.

 “Hey” A voice called while I was eating like a bull in the cafeteria.

I looked up and coughed, spilling some of  the food inside my mouth.

His eyes bulge out while some of the food went through my throat, choking me as I cough even more spilling everything back out to the bowl.

He quickly went to my seat and patted my back several times.

He gave me a bottle of water after that.

“Thanks. How did you get in here?” I asked as I stopped coughing.

“It’s not hard at all. All I have to do is show my beautiful face to the front desk people. They brought me to your office but they told me that you’ll be pigging out here.” He said, looking at my bowl.

“Ah…the security of this building needs to be heighten really. The CEO almost choked herself to death because of your presence”

“Beautiful presence to be exact”

“So what brings your not so beautiful presence to my pig out area?”

“Bringing you lunch since you didn’t eat anything this morning, I’m scared that you’ll eat your employees”

“HS’s number one rule, employees are HS's biggest asset.”

“Since I can no longer eat my food, I’ll gladly eat the food you brought” I grin.

“There, eat it”

“Did you eat?” I asked as I put a piece of sushi into my mouth

“Nope” He said, munching a piece into his mouth as well.

“Where are the others?”

“Outside”

“Ah…so you’re a loner inside your office huh”

“No…not really” I said with a diminishing voice.

“Really?” He asked with a sarcastic face and a smug smile.

“Really” I said using the same smug smile.

My phone rang and I picked it up immediately.

“Depyonim!! Where are you? The meeting is starting in three minutes” Vic said hurriedly.

“Hey, I’m really really sorry, but I really got to go, I’ve got another meeting right now.” I said hurriedly and did a marathon to the conference room.

I feel sorry for him, but, I’m really busy today.

I went to at least a dozen more meetings after lunch.

This report that report, meeting for this and that.

I can hardly have enough time to breathe.

This is definitely crazy.

This IS the real punishment.
Giving me a break wasn’t a punishment, the after work is a punishment.

I ate several pieces of breads on the way to my next meeting.

And before I knew it, the sun is slowly going down already.

My phone rang.

“Hwang In Hee speaking” I said as I kept the phone in between my right ear and shoulder as I read through a file in my office.

“Husband speaking” The other line replied.

I kept my files down and properly hold the phone.

“Oh, hey, what’s up?”

“Busy?”

“Somewhat. Why?” I asked, grinning as I walked to the window inside my office.

“One of my major Chinese exporter is here with his wife…and I asked him out for a dinner downtown, could you come for the dinner as well?”

“Sure, should I go there by myself or will you pick your stranded wife in her office?”

“Ugghh…option two, I’m near your office already so…get ready”

“You knew I was going to cooperate huh?” I smirked.

“Yup, that was just a formal question.”

 “Sure, tell me when you’re here” I grin.

“Okay, then see you”

“Bye”

“Come in” I said as a knock is heard on my door.

“Noona” Joo Won pops his head in.

“Hey”

“Are you going?”

“Yea, why?”

“Then…can we have like a big get together dinner tonight?” He asked with a grin.

“Not…today…” I said while playing with my fingers.

“Why not” He pouted.

“I’m going home with him…Tomorrow maybe?”

“Tch, its always because of the jerk. Its not like you guys are really in a relationship or something”

“Should you really put the words like that?”

“Yeah I should. I should wake you up”

“Hwang Joo Won” I warned.

He shrugs and went out of my office.

I sighed and shook my head.

I head down the building and went out of the lobby, looking around for him.

“He’s not here yet” I muttered.

As my legs began to give up on me, I started to look for a place to sit.

I sat on the stoned staircase in front of the lobby and impatiently drummed my fingers against the surface of my files.

I look around once more, but he’s still not here yet.

“Did I go down to early?” I muttered.

I sat there leaning my head against the stoned dog figurine, went the Joo Won’s words decides to infiltrate my mind once more.

Waking me up huh…

From what though?

 


NARRATOR’S POV

 

He arrived in front of her office lobby and saw her there, sitting on the stoned staircase looking up into the night sky waiting for him.

He called her several times but she seems to be oblivious of his presence.

He frowned and pouted.

He then went out of the car and took a seat beside her on the staircase earning several murmurs from the employees passing by.

“Ahjummoni” He called.

She remained silent. He pouted.

He sat there on the staircase following her empty gaze into the night sky.

After concluding that there’s nothing special with today’s night sky, he poked her hand with his index finger several times, bringing her back to earth.

 “Oh? You’re here?”

“What were you thinking so deeply about that you couldn’t even feel my mighty presence beside you?”

“Ugh, when are you going to reach here?”

“Like I would believe that”

“Just some words of advice from my brother”

He chuckled.

“Let’s go ahjumma”

“Don’t call me ahjumma as yet, I’ve not adapted myself with the new title”  She said, pouting.

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

 

“Then what should I call you? Kid? That just doesn’t sound right now does it?”

“I’m not a kid”

“Yeah” I replied sarcastically.

“I’m a fully grown twenty four years old woman”

“Subtract nineteen years” I chuckled.

“Aniya~~” She whined.

I nodded my head, looking very very sarcastic at the moment.

She folds her arm and “hmph” herself as she blew a raspberry.

“How…mature…and twenty fours years like” I commented, still sarcastic.

She was about to argue when nothing could come out of .

I smiled trhriumpantly.

“So, tell me about this investor” She said.

“A Chinese guy called Li Cheng Wei. He likes to eat royal Japanese cuisine. He likes simple and humble people, hates flashy stuff and all.”

“But you said he likes…royal Japanese cuisine”

“He does.”

“You sure?” I asked as I googled him up on my ipad.

“He sure is simple.” She said as she read through his profile.

He nodded. “Why don’t we treat him to a Samgyupsal restaurant near Hangang? I think it’ll fit his personality more. What about his wife?”

“The wife is also a simple person. They were not brought up in a rich family”

“That’s it. Your people just made a mistake. A simple and humble guy brought up in a normal family won’t simply like royal Japanese cuisine. Royal plus Japanese plus cuisine equals to flashy not humble.”

“We can’t be sure of your words as well.”

“Up to you, he’s your investor not mine” She said with a shrug.

She got a point though.

I tapped my fingers onto my lap, trying to make the decision.

This is really a gamble.

Her point is very logistic but my people aren’t fools either.

“Fine, I’ll go with your instinct, but I’ll blame you if he doesn’t like it.”

“And give me ten wishes if I’m right” She grins.

I blinked several times.

“Call”

I called my exporter out for a change in venue.

Thankfully he agrees with the venue change without much resistance.

We arrived inside a normal looking restaurant overlooking the river.

He arrived with his wife moments later.

They introduced themselves and take their seats.

“What make you change your mind?” He asked in Chinese.

“My…wife…?”

“Oh, what did you say to him?” He asked her, still in Chinese.

“I told him to introduce Korean real culture while you’re in Korea. That way you’ll have a deeper understanding of us and of our people.” She said, in Chinese.

Wow, I’m stunned.

Her Chinese sounds really fluent.

And thank you for giving him such…a model answer.

He chuckled. “Very well said”

We ordered some pork and all its side dishes, he looked stunned.

She asked permission from his wife to make her husband a wrap, in which she allowed.

She taught them how to make the Korean wraps and they actually liked it.

I smiled.

I’ll never be able to do this without her.

Other girls won't even go here with or without the guests.

One, the food contains a lot of fat.

Two, they won't look elegant.

Three, they don't think this belongs to their class.

Four, the smoke of the pork will make them smell.

But, what can I say?

She isn't normal anyway.

After a few rounds of grilling pork belly and drinking soju and rice wine as well the happy dinner came to an end.

They thanked us for the dinner.

“It reminds me of some home dishes. Thank you, I felt warm with tonight’s dinner” He said, smiling.

“And I have to thank your wife for bringing me to this restaurant Mr Kim. I actually prefer humble dishes than others. The Korean rice wine and soju were really good, thank you once again”

She bowed down to them and soon they left.

“And you’ll be my genie from today onwards” She grins.

“Yea yea”

“Told you he would like these kind of stuff better”

“Arrasso” I nodded tiredly.

“The Kim Jae Joong is finally wrong” She smirked.

“Stop rubbing it onto my face” I pouted.

“Why should I?” She stuck her tongue out.

I slung my hand on her shoulder and did a headlock on her.

She tried to get away, but I’m much stronger than her.

“Arrasso arrasso, I’ll stop rubbing it onto your face” She said as she tried to gt away by looking forward.

“What? I can't hear you” I asked innocently.

“I’ll stop rubbing it onto your face!!” She shouted.

“Really?”

“Yea”

I let go of her and chuckled.

“That actually hurts” She muttered.

“My heart hurts more”

She walked a few meters in front of me

“KIM JAE JOONG IS FINALLY WRONG” She shouted as she walks further.

“YA!! Wait till I catch you!!” I shook my head at her childishness and catch her anyway.

She turns around and stuck her tongue out.

“Mehrong” She shouted as she started to run again.

Doesn’t she realize that my leg is much longer than hers?

I started to run faster and finally caught her inside a park.

I did another round of headlock on her.

“That was fun” She said, panting.

I chuckled and sat down on the road, panting as well.

She sat on the road as well.

How did we get in this place in the first place? Ask her.

“I’m so tired” She said.

“It’ll be weirder if you’re not tired” I muttered.

“But it was fun right?” She asked chuckling.

“Kind of. But you tricked me" I pouted

She nodded.

“It was fun teasing you”

I gave her my best fake smile.

“Let’s move to the bench, my legs are still wobbly, I can’t get back to the restaurant” She muttered.

Oh right, we're currently sitting in the middle of the road right?

And I can’t believe that Kim Jae Joong is actually doing this.

Out of all the things I should’ve been doing, I’m here sitting inside a park with my tired legs because I chased my toddler wife who decides to run away while she teases me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx