Everland PT 1

Socialites

 

YOUR POV

 

The loud and annoying sounds of someone clicking the mouse and keyboard woke me up the next day.

I rolled around the bed when a hand caught my hand signaling me not to move to that side any further.

I rolled to the other side of the bed and a hand caught my hand again.

I forcefully open my sleepy eyes to take a good look at my clock.

5.49 am.

“Why are you up so early?” I muttered.

“I can’t sleep. I went through all of my group’s work and end up preparing myself by looking at other theme park’s promotional videos”

“You sure are excited for today” I said, rolling my eyes.

“They looked really scary, do we really have to do this? No, we should, I don’t want to be a fool in front of those bald guys”

“As the boss of so many tv channels, you do know that they’re heavily edited right?”

He nodded.

“But I’m still scared”

“It’ll be fun, trust me”

He pouted really adorably with his apple hair.

“Oh, a new email” He said, rather too excitedly.

“The video of our new in depth interview is out” He exclaimed.

“Really? Let me see~” I said as I shift closer to his side while he shift his position and his macbook’s position.

He gave me my big bear doll which was coldly stranded on his side of the floor since I did some great kung fu moves last night.

“This is so heavily edited” She said.

“Duh, nine hours of work is compressed into a special two hours show”

“Is this even going to get a high rating? We’re just some random third generation chaebols”

“It will, our story gives hope and imagination to them, so obviously we have lots of fans”

She chuckled.

“Look at your expression over there” He said, laughing.

I frowned.

“Ah…my cold image is ruined”

He nodded and gave me a sly grin.

I hit him with my teddy.

“Now you even hit your husband?” He said trying to make a dirty look.

I shook my head.

“My teddy was angry with you, he was the one who hit you” I shrug and went back to sleep.

He scoffed.

“Get up wifey, you need to cook breakfast for me right?” He said, patting my back.

“No” I whined.

He tickled my waist and stomach.

I can’t stop laughing, it really tickles.

“Arrasso arrasso!!! I’ll cook the breakfast!!!!” I gave up.

“Better”

“Ah…why did I agree on your decision to fire all those wonderful chefs again?”

He grins.

“What do you want to eat?” I asked.

“Something Korean and light” He gave me his best smile as he batted his eyelashes.

“Get up In Hee” He called again.

“I’m getting up” I said as I drag my teddy.

“Brush your teeth first” He reminded.

“Ah…right..teeth” I muttered.

“Give me the teddy, you’ll wet it inside the bathroom again and I’ll have to blow dry this gigantic teddy for you”

“Right” I said sleepily.

I threw him the teddy in which he caught professionally.

I took a quick morning shower and did my daily routines.

I wore a simple oversized white tee, short jeans and a white converse with The North’s Face red backpack.

I look at my reflection on the mirror going from one angle to another.

Once I’m done looking at myself on the mirror, I put the bag down and took the shoes off.

“You’ll be going out with that?” he asked, still idly lying on the bed.

I nodded.

“Change the shorts, they’re way too short”

“You really have a problem on shorts don’t you?”

He nodded.

“I even said it on the interview a few days ago”

I sighed, defeated.

I walked back to my closet with my head down and took a long blue skinny jeans and went out.

“Go and take a shower” I said.

He looked up, liking what he sees, he silently head for the bathroom.

Do I look that bad in shorts?

Why doesn’t he like me in one?

I sighed and went down to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Since the breakfast cooker isn’t so into cooking this morning, she only made a simple soup with chicken broth, anchovies, kelp and seaweed, some stir fried spinach, egg rolls and pancakes.

The rest are pickled dish.

Pickled octopus, kimchi, white kimchi, pickled radish, roasted seaweed and anchovies.

Light and Korean, she smiled proudly.

He came down moments later and helped me in serving the dishes.

“How does it taste?” I asked.

“Eatable” He chuckled.

“Only eatable? So its not that good after all huh?” I said sadly.

“Aniya, they’re good. I know well enough that you can cook alright ahjumoni?”

I grin and went back into eating.

“You’re better than my mom. She can’t even make this”

“Eyy…really?”

He nodded sadly.

“I’ve never tasted her food.”

“Maybe she just wants you to eat what’s good for you”

He shook his head.

“Home cooked foods are one of the foods that doesn’t exist in my family, those people are as cold as ice. Although Jun Su’s family is somewhat opposite to mine”

“But your mom was very bright when she talked to me”

“That’s only her act, calling me baby boy, Joongie, Jaejae, pretending to be a fun person is my mom’s special ability.”

“She’s only trying to make you strong”

“So strong that she doesn’t even care when I’m sick, hungry or sad. If I said I’m sick, she would ask me to call the doctor, when I said I’m hungry she would put me onto a direct line to the kitchen, and when I said I’m sad she would call my psychiatric”

“Aigoo…I thought you said you were precious, your story is almost sadder than mine already” I said as I patted his back.

“Eat eat eat” I coed as I keep on patting his back.

“Stop patting my back, I can’t swallow properly” He said with some food left in his mouth.
“Ah…right…I forgot about that”

He chuckled.

“My grandfather really loved me though” He smiled bitterly.

“Same here. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat cold breakfasts from now on, as I’ll be the one who’ll make you really warm breakfasts” I grin.

He chuckled.

“You’ve always made me warm breakfasts alright” He smiled as he ruffled my hair.

“Ah…you made me melancholic early in the morning” I said.

He grins apologetically.

“Since we’re feeling so down right now, we should raise our mood up in the theme park right?” I nudged him with a smile.

He nodded and took a bite of his rice.

 “Last one who finishes their food will wash the dishes!!” I said.

He looked at me with wide eyes as I literally pour the whole thing into my mouth, after a split second of thinking, a light bulb sort of lit inside his brain as he too started to put everything into his mouth.

“Ya you’re cheating!!” He said almost inaudibly as he munched on his rice.

I shook my head, unable to speak, as the amount of food I loaded into my mouth is not a joke.

I drank the soup from my bowl and munch on the last bits of my rice.

“I WON~~” I said happily with a really huge grin on my face.

“sdhueidboauwh!!!!!”

“Eat and then talk Joongie~!! Happy washing~~” I said, waving my hand as I head to the living room for my morning cartoons.

 

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

 

Aish…now I have to wash the dishes.

She’s definitely cheating, while I was talking, I didn’t even have a bite of my rice while she slowly eats everything.

That wasn’t fair.

I pouted as I finish my breakfast.

I take all the empty bowls and plates back to the sink, while I put the leftover side dishes back to the fridge.

I saw her coming back to the kitchen and a smile immediately lit up my face.

“You’re going to help me right?” I asked, grinning.

“Ani, I’m here to take my octopus” She said with a flat face.

I pouted.

Meanie.

Hmph.

She’s so mean.

Really mean.

Why should I wash the dishes?

She’s the wife.

She walked away with the leftover octopus, leaving me behind in the kitchen alone.

I pouted again.

Fine.

I’ll wash them.

I washed the dishes quickly.

I walked to the living room once I’m done with the dishes.

“Done?” She asked.

I nodded tiredly.

“Aww you must be tired” She chuckled evilly.

I gave her a look.

“If I were you, I would’ve just called the maids to wash the dishes, we never washed them anyway”

Right..

Why didn’t I think of that?

The maids, why did we even hire them if we don’t use them?

I can’t believe she actually fooled me.

Ugh.

How stupid.

“You tricked me” I pouted.

She smiled innocently.

“Put on your shoes, we need to go” She said changing the topic.

She went up the stairs while I sat on the sofa, still thinking.

She’s sooo evil.

I follow her up to the room to put on my shoes.

I saw her waiting for me on the sofa and I frowned at the sight of her.

“You’re angry?” She asked with a hint of a smile.

I remained silent and only looked at her.

Trying my best to look angry.

She chuckled.

“Aww you’re angry”

I hmph her, and walked straight to my closet.

She followed me into the closet.

“I’m sorry I won’t play that kind of trick to you anymore” She said with an innocent smile.

“Hmph”

“Eyyy you’re really angry because of me pulling that trick?”

“Stop being angry eung? Eung? Eung?” She said as she sort of danced around while pulling one of my hands.

“You really won’t do that again right?”
She nodded with a grin.

“Arrasso, now get out of my closet, I want to change”

She nodded happily.

Is it just me or is she so hyper since this morning?

I shook my head and took a deep breath.

I was never even angry, I thought as I chuckled at her childishness.

I took a long ripped jeans and a white nike sneakers.

“Let’s go” I said as I walked out of the closet.

She nodded happily and we walked out of the house together.

“Where are we going?”

“Where do you want to go? Everland or Lotte World?”

“Lotte World is the indoor one right?” I asked.

She nodded her head adorably as we sat inside my red Porsche Cayenne.

That thought again.

Ugh.

“Let’s just go to Everland” I said.

She nodded her head.

“I’m okay with everything.” She grins.

We head out to Yong In, the car ride was somewhat silent.

She slept inside the car for half of the journey.

I guess she woke up too early today.

She’s a lazy Koala after all, all she ever want to do is sleep and eat.

And a Koala must hug something when they’re sleeping.

I move to the side lane and stopped the car for a while.

I took a teddy from the back of the car and gave it to her.

She hugs it almost immediately it landed on her embrace.

I snapped a picture of her sleeping figure and restart the engine.

I woke her up once we arrived in the scary theme park.

“We’re here?” She asked sleepily while rubbing her eyes.

“Yea, let’s go and don’t drag that big bear with you”

“Ah..right…Mr Teddy…” She said as she kept on rubbing her sleepy eyes and yawned.

“Stop rubbing you eyes, you’ll get infected” I said as I pull her hand down from her eyes.

She blinked several times.

I raised my brow.

Mr Teddy?

She gave this teddy such an uncreative name.

And then she goes around rubbing her eyes like that unconsciously.

Kid.

She drank some water and follows me down the car.

She stretched her body after going out of the car.

I raised my brow.

All she ever did is sleeping.

“Let’s go kiddo”

“Am I your child?”

“No”

“Then why do you keep on calling me ‘kid’?”

“Because you are one” I grin.

“Then should I call you dad or something?” She asked

 

 

YOUR POV

 

 

“Nope” He said.

Tch.

“Daddy you should buy me the ticket right?”

“I’m not your dad kiddo”

I shrug gleefully.

He rolled his eyes and bought the tickets for us nonetheless.

I grin in victory.

“What should we ride first?” I asked as I scan the map of the place.

“Something not scary” He shuddered as he hears the scream of people riding the roller coaster.

I chuckled.

“Let’s go daddy, today will be reaaallllyyy fun” I said with an excited grin plastered on my face.

He gave me a look and chose to ignore my previous statement.

“Do you want to ride the carousel?”

He shook his head.

“That’s too basic don’t you think?” He asked.

“That’s really fun though..oh well…let’s just ride that one” I said as I dragged him to one of the mediocre rides.

“We…are…going to ride…this…?” He asked.

I nodded excitedly.

“Are you scared of heights?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“Then let’s queue”

He chuckled.

“Fine, let’s ride that one after this.” He pointed to a ride.

“Wuaa you’re getting braver already” I clapped.

He just gave me his trademark smirk.

I chuckled.

 

NARRATOR’S POV

 

 

She held onto his hand without her knowledge while he felt kind of happy about it.

He didn’t tell her to back off and all, and he didn’t either.

He just wants them to be like this for a moment, until she gets into her right mind.

“I want to eat that” She pointed towards the cotton candy stall.

“We’ll buy that later”

“Really? Like really really really really?”

“And you don’t refer yourself as a kid?”

“Nope” She said proudly.

“I wonder how did those seven guys live with you” He said shaking his head at her childishness.

“Those seven guys don’t really respect me. They’ll call me noona sometimes but they’ll call me Heehee or Innie some other times.” She said, annoyed as she remember those times.

He chuckled.

“That’s because you don’t act like you’re the eldest.”

“Even they said that” She pouted.

“Everyone thinks the same way” He nodded to himself.

“Tch…my legs are giving up on me already” She pouted as she crouch down to the floor.
“Get up, what are you doing?”

“Resting”

“I should’ve booked the whole place today”

“Are you crazy?”

He shrugs “Better than waiting like this. Aren’t those kids supposed to be in school?” He asked.

“They should, that my dear friend, is called as bunking”

“I know, but why here? I always bunked to the pc room or somewhere”

“This place is a great place to bunk though, see, even we’re bunking here”

“I’m here for work, and your job today is to be my tour guide”

“But daddy won’t pay me for my work” She pouted.

“You need to be a filial child now don’t you?”

She shook her head.

He chuckled and dragged her forward.

“Why did you even bring a bag here?”

“Tissue, wet tissue, tea, pen, camera, phone, wallet, ipod” She said as she opened her bag and tell him all of her bag’s content.

“No makeup?”

“I didn’t wear any”

“Give me your bag”

“You’ll carry it for me?” She grins as she looked up to face him.

He remained silent.

“Here” She smiled.

He took the bag and carries it for her.

“Mucho gracias” She grins.

“I know I’m great”

“It is good to have a playboy daddy”

He flicked her forehead.

“My nickname is getting longer and longer”

She grins.

Soon, it’s their turn to ride the ride already.

It’s called as Viking, which is actually a boat that’ll move up to one corner and to the other corner, left right, left right.

And luckily for them, they got to sit right in the end.

To be exact, luckily for her.

“Just shout and close your eyes if you’re scared” She instructed.

“Can I shout right now? My heart is going crazy already”

She laughed.

“It’s not going to be that scary”

“If I don’t hold this railing really tightly, will I fall?”

“Ani, you’re going to be fine. They’re not even going to throw us upside down”

“Ah~ I’m scared already” He said as cold sweat starts to break out on his forehead.

“We’re going up we’re going up we’re going up!!!!”

She chuckled as she enjoys the view and the horrified jerk.

After a few swings, the guy beside her started to relax and loosen up.

“See they’re not that bad”

“Yea..this is actually pretty fun” He shouted as he too now grins like an idiotic fool.

“The wind is really great” She smiled as she let the autumn wind hits her face.

He chuckled.

Once the ride stopped he dragged her to a nearby roller coaster.

“Let’s ride that one oh? Oh?”

She chuckled and nods her head, signaling him that she agrees with him.

He ran and unconsciously dragged her with him.

“My legs….” She panted as they are now queuing down together for the roller coaster ride.

“Are short” He continued.

She looked up and glared at him.

He looked down at her, showing her their massive height difference.

“Shorty”

“That means I’m cute” She grins.

“Since when does that rule apply?” He asked, now comfortably slinging his arm on her shoulder, making them look like a high school couple or a CC (campus couple)

“Since before”

“Who said?”

“My grandfather”

“He was just trying to comfort you okay”

“No” She said shaking her head in disagreement.

“Short people are cute and that’s final”

“Aigoo~~” He coed as he messes up her neatly tied up hair

“Ah…you ruined my hair”

“It was ruined from before” He shrugs.

She scoffs and fixes her hair while he got bored and started to dig holes to anyone’s soul who dares to look at his wife like she’s some kind of a delicious meal.

“Do I look okay?” She asked him.

“Yea…” He said with a single look.

“Tch…in the end she took out her note II and use the front camera as her mirror, and just when she was about to close the camera he just have to come in and snap a picture of the two of them.

“Ah…one more time one more time, I look really bad in here” She said embarrassingly.

“My face is expensive”

“Just one more one more oh? You can’t even do that for me?” She batted her eyelashes.

“Fine…I’ll take the picture, my hands are longer than those short hands or yours”

In the end, they took more than five pictures together thanks to her narcissist husband.

“The person with the ugliest shot loses” She grins.

“What will the winning person gets?”

“Umm….huge teddy bear?”

“Even if I won you’ll probably stamp the teddy yours by putting your saliva all over the teddy.”

“I never did that!!”

“Smell your teddy first”

“I’ll put all of them into dry cleaning today” She huffed her cheeks.

“Leave one at home, I don’t want to become your teddy”

She nodded her head.

“If I win, allow me to put your ugliest baby picture as my wallpaper”

“Mhhmm fine, none of those pictures are ugly. I was cute since the day I was born” She said, now smiling widely.

They waited for a few more minutes before it was their turn to ride.

Once they’re done from the ride, they look at the after shot picture, and he won.

His picture was ugly but hers was uglier.

He have this stupid grin and a care free look on his face while her face was just all over the place, her once neatly done hair are messed up while her expression was priceless. hanging open, grinning. Her eyes are open and her nose flared up.

“I won!!” He chuckled.

"How did you remain so calm?!"

He chuckled evilly.

"I tried to maintain this pose throughout the ride."

“Ah..I changed my mind, I’ll use this picture as my wallpaper instead” He smiled.

“NNOOHHH Not this one~~ Our deal wasn’t like that” She said with a huge pout and pleading puppy eyes.

“Not gonna happen, and my puppy eyes are way better than yours” He said as he asked the person to print the picture and framed them.

“Should you really frame them?” She asked, pleading.

He nodded his head.

“Why not? Our house lacks framed pictures”

“I’ll print all of our wonderful pre wedding pictures and frame them myself”

“Those picture are boring, this one is better”

He snap a picture of the printed picture and immediately changes his wallpaper.

“Give me~~~” She said as she jumps trying to get his phone while he hold his phone in his raised hand.

“You said you wanted cotton candy right?” He asked, totally ignoring the tiny little kid down there trying to snatch his phone as much as she could.

“Yea and I want your phone too”

“Here” He said giving her his locked phone.

She took a deep breath.

“Should you really do this to me?”

He nodded his head as he buys two extra large cotton candies.

He paid for the sugary treats and head to one of the benches nearby.

She took the wet tissue from her bag hanging on his back.

“Here” She said as she offered him the tissue.

She took a piece of the tissue for herself and use them to clean her hand.

“Finally~~ something nice and sweet” She smiled contentedly.

“This thing gets stuck all over my face, but how come none of them got stuck on your face?” He pouted.

“That’s because you’re eating it the wrong way.” She chuckled.

“That’s not fair” He frowned.

“See you should’ve take a piece of it with your hand, and eat it without it ever touching you mouth instead of shoving everything into your mouth” She said as she gave him a live demo.

“Give me yours” He tried to snatch her cotton candies

“No wayyy” She said as she used the same trick as he did earlier.

“The only difference is that your hands are really short” He smiled as he gave her his cotton candies and took hers.

“What kind of a guy are you? You should’ve gave me”

“I’m one of a kind”

“You truly are” She said as she rolled her eyes.

Now she has to start fixing his extra ruined cotton candies.

“This is better”

“I’m a pro in this thing” She grins.

“That was my first try”

“You had a really tough childhood my child” She said as she patted his arms.

He chuckled.

“Not…that tough…”

“I bet you were stuck in your video games since you were a kid”

He nodded.

“Nobody ever brings me to these kind of things, and I didn’t really cared for that either, I was full inside my own world”

“That’s…even sadder to hear”

“Who taught you how to eat these things?” He said, pointing to the cotton candies.

“My dad, he really loved us and he would even skip work to play with us while my mom was too busy being the trophy wife and planning for his death anniversary” She said now crunching the cone of the cotton candies.

“Ya…ya…you’re going to break this thing into halves”

She looked at her cotton candies in shock.

“My cotton candiessss” She said, now apologizing to the cotton candies with a huge pout.

He chuckled and shook his head.

Yup, definitely a bipolar kid.

“Ah…the view from here is perfect” She smiled as she makes a rectangle with her fingers, shooting the view.

“Yeaaa the design of this place is really good. From the mushroom houses to fountains, they really put a lot of thoughts into this” He said as he take a look around.

“And your job is to make something better than this” She said.

“I should get a lifetime free pass to your theme park right?”

“But don’t tell that to anyone”

“Ay ay captain” She grins.

“What should we ride next?”

“Ghost houses!!” She squealed in delight.

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx