Over Exposed

Socialites

 

NARRATOR’S POV

 

You woke up late the next day. Jae Joong went for an early meeting while you overslept.

You quickly put a dress on quickly and put a white blazer on top of it.

Your scars have somewhat healed so it’s kind of okay to wear a dress around.

You rushed to your office when the media boycott you in front of your office.

You didn’t even know why the medias are in front of your office.

You ran towards your office when your secretary looked at you with eyes full of worries.

“I’m sorry I’m late” You bowed to everyone.

“Depyonim, that’s not the problem right now!” She said in a hushed hushed tone.

“Did something happen this morning?” I asked with the same toned down voice she used.

“The president is here in your room!!”

“He is? Why?”

“Bring In Hee here right now!” He said angrily through the intercom.

“Ne, hwijangnim”

You went inside, feeling confused.

“Harabeoji…” You called, slightly scared by his looks.

He threw a newspaper bundle to your way.

You jumped by his sudden action.

“Harabeoji…” You called, feeling shocked while you take the fallen newspaper from the floor.

You read the headline “The bomb couple is only a show?” There pictures of you and Chang Min are posted all around the page, from the morning café incident to the lunch incident, everything were pasted freely on the first page of today’s newspaper.

You’re shocked.

You didn’t know the paparazzi were there.

You didn’t saw any of them.

The pictures looked wrong even in your eyes, the time when you hit onto Chang Min’s chest made you two looked like you’re hugging, and then came the pictures with you two taking tons of selcas with tons of different expressions and with him wiping the cream off your face and spooning you some cake into your mouth.

It looked so wrong, this wasn’t what happened…

But the pictures are saying a totally different story.

“This…this…how…” Your words are stuck, your breath caught.

“Mind to explain?” He asked you.

You felt so…guilty.

Your eyes starts to form new hot tears inside your eyes, threatening to fall down.

“It was an accident. I accidentally bumped into him in the café, so we both chatted there. He’s one of Jae Joong’s best friends. Then, he came during lunch to send me an invitation for his birthday party, and…we went to lunch…”

“You should’ve been careful. You know what kind of world you’re in, and you definitely knows that these guys are like piranhas. They’ll eat you when they have the opportunity to. How could you act this way?! Even if he’s just a friend, even if he’s his friend, you’re now a married woman. Now how will the public see you? You two have been under the spotlight for this marriage, and do you think the media will leave your private life alone?”

Tears rolled down your cheeks.

“I’m…really sorry for this incident. I wasn’t careful and I did not calculate my moves correctly. I was ignorant of other people. I’m sorry harabeoji…” You said with a cracked voice.

Your phone rang, you say the caller ID and you immediately close your eyes.

He took a deep breath.

“Answer it” He said knowingly.

“…Yo…yoboseyo…?” You asked softly your voice cracking up even more than before.

You felt this sudden pang of guilt inside your heart.

You felt like you’ve betrayed him and have committed a sin against him.
The other line took a deep breath.

“Where are you?” He asked coldly.

Your heart sank a little deeper with his tone of voice.

“I’m…in the office” You sniffled.

“Come to my office, we need to talk” He said, again using the same cold monotonous voice.

He quickly ends the call while you dropped to the floor.

You don’t know why but his every word with that every tone shrinks you smaller, draining your energy out of your body.

Your grandfather sighed angrily.

He stood up and bent down, grasping your shoulders.

“In Heeya, you’re now a married woman, things change, and you have to follow the flow. You’re no longer a woman you can just freely hang around males with no sense of guilt eating you from the back of your head. That’s just how things are.” He said softly.

You cried even more.

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.” You said in between your sobs.

“I’m not the one who you should be apologizing to In Heeya.”

You nodded and got up, preparing to go to his office.

You put on your sunglasses and head straight to his office, not caring for the media who’s clashing themselves with you.

Murmurs are heard as soon as you entered his building.

His secretary takes you into his office.

A fuming husband greets you.

“Sit.” He commanded.

You did as you’re told.

“Everybody screw off from my office” He said through the intercom.

“Look, I’m sorry. It does looked wrong even from my perspective, but that’s not what happened.”
“Oh really?” He asked sarcastically.

You nodded, you couldn’t care less for his tone.

“I know you and Chang Min have this closer bond than you have with the rest of the guys, but really, don’t you think you guys are going too far?! And you guys have to do this behind my back?”

“I’m…sorry…my thoughts are short.” You said as new hot tears began to form on your eyes.

“I am your husband In Heeya. You want to have a cup of coffee? You can do it with me. You want to do those things, you can do it with me.” He said.

She searched for his eyes, and again, the guilt is hitting her up.

“I mean…why…out of all people why should you do it with him? Don’t you have a lot of girlfriends? You can do it with them if you don’t regard me as anything. Do you know how I feel when I first saw these pictures? I don’t know why too, but I felt so betrayed by you two.”

“I’m sorry Jae Joongah…it does looked wrong but I can promise you that’s not what really happened.”

“Then what? You guys planned to meet up and embarrassed me like this?!”

No.

You want to scream it out loud so badly, but the words are stuck in your throat.

All you can do is cry and shook your head with his every word.

His words hurt you more than the papers.

“They’re only accidents…” you whispered.

“I’m really sorry…” You managed to whisper.

“Depyonim, you have a shareholders meeting in three” His secretary informed him.

“Wait here, don’t you dare move an inch from my office.” He said strictly and coldly as he wears his blazer and went out with a loud bang on the door.

Once he’s out, you felt yourself shrinks even further.

This wasn’t supposed to happen.

This was not what happened.

You felt hot new tears beginning to form in your eyes every time you rewind his words.

You stayed silent for the whole time.

Your mind is in a complete mental breakdown, and you felt your guilt eating your heart. Your stomach is currently being tied down into thousand of knots while your legs are weakening down by every second that’s suffocating you.

Even if you want to runaway from this mess, your legs fail you.

You heard your phone ringing nonstop, you didn’t even have the energy to pick it up.

Once you regained a tiny bit of energy, you use them up to answer the call.

“Yoboseyo?” You called weakly, you didn’t even look at the caller ID.

“Hee are you okay?”

“Lay?”

“Yeah…are you okay?”

“I think…I’m going to die from a nervous breakdown.” You said with a sigh.

“What did he say?” He asked.

“What do you think he would’ve said?”

“Er…you ruined our company image, you embarrassed me, you’ve ruined our loving image and now people are going to speculate our marriage because of you?” He replied.

“He did said that I’ve embarrassed him…”

“Then?”

“He said…he said that I’ve betrayed him, and I don’t regard him as anything” You said as you continues to sniffle and sobs.

“Let it all out Hee…I’m here to listen.”

“I feel so guilty… I don’t know why, but the guilt is so strong, I feel like I’ve really betrayed him and I’ve committed a great sin towards him. Is this even normal?”

“Hhmm…I can’t conclude anything as of now.”

“What should I do?”

“Say sorry.”

“He won’t forgive me”

“Then make him forgive you”

“How?”

“You know him better than I know him”

“Thanks” you said sarcastically.

“What are you doing?”

“Waiting while crying for him inside his office.”

“Where is he?”

“He’s in a meeting.”

“Arrasso, I’ll ask Tao to clear your schedule for today.”

“I feel like running away” You whispered.

“This guilt that’s eating me is scary”

“The Alaska deal is still up” He said playfully.

“If I want to run away is there any other place that I can run to without being caught?”

“Green land, the Artic, Antarctica, some unknown islands in some part of the Pacific ocean, Himalayans, mount Everest, to some deserted desert in Africa.” He said.

“I’ll die from loneliness in all those places.”

“Want me to accompany you?”

I nodded.

“I can picture you nodding.” He teased.

You laughed.

“You laughed just now right!!!” He said excitedly.

“Yeah, I just did.”

“Noona, I gotta go, those bald men are ready to kill me alive”

“Arrasso, bye”

So she went back into her deep thoughts.

 

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

This shareholders meeting will make my face frown even harder.

Those old guys.

I walked grumpily towards the conference room.

Nobody dares to utter a word to the annoyed Kim Jae Joong.

I didn’t even listen to the meeting.

Nobody is that courageous to ask me anything on a day like this anyway.

Why did she meet Chang Min anyway?

Why is Chang Min even meeting her?

He’s not that type of person.

He’s the quite type.

So why?

And that look he’s giving her, I don’t like it at all.

From the day in the club until today, I’ve been very suspicious of that little maknae of ours.

My playboy instinct is very reliable, and those eyes shouts “love”.

And the worst part is, that “love” look he’s giving is directed towards my wife.

I frowned even harder.

Although I didn’t see any “love” eyes from her, but still, she’s still highly suspicious.

They looked really happy though.

Those smiles and grins, I am the one who’s supposed to be in his position.

She’s supposed to share those type of moments with me.

Why do I even care?

What’s happening to me?

Hwang In Hee. Hwang In Hee. Hwang In Hee. Hwang In Hee.

This girl is driving me crazy.

But why won’t she even call me for lunch?

My office is nearby as well.

Why won’t she treat me as well as she treats Chang Min?

I took a deep breath and sighed.

I looked at my watch and waits for the meeting to be over impatiently.

 

YOUR POV

 

The guys called one by one.

I was somewhat touched by them, all of them called me as soon as they saw the papers or the televisions.

I feel loved.

Although, those two pandas didn’t even called me.

Joo Won is in Japan so it’s understandable, but what about the other panda? Is he that busy to give me a call?

I waited for him in his office and he reappeared after four long hours.

The room is painfully silent.

“I’m…sorry…I accidentally met him inside the coffee shop and we end up eating together and he came into my office to give me his birthday party invitation and we end up eating another set of meals together” I said truthfully while looking down, not wanting to face his ice cold eyes and a part of me hates to let him see my weak side.

He sighed.

He made me face him.

He looked at me with soft eyes, which melts me right away.

Those eyes, don’t give me those eyes, I’m scared that I’ll be just like your other girls if you keep on looking at me with those eyes.

I quickly looked away as my face flushed pink.

“Hey, look at me” He whispered softly.

I looked at him, and once again I feel like his eyes enchant me.

“I know, no, I hope that you two are not in a relationship as the newspaper have posted.”

I shook my head.

“You know how they are.” I said pleadingly.

He nodded and sighed.

He took my hand.

I searched for his eyes again, looking for clues, but instead I got drowned in them.

“So, will you mind telling me where, who, what, why and when you’re meeting anyone from now on?”

I nodded.

“Good girl.” he said as he messed her hair up.

“Not the hair” I said softly with a pout.

He grins.

“So…am I forgiven?”

“Depends”

I looked at him, puzzled.

“Surprise me and we’ll see”

I blinked several times and think.

“Call~!” I grin.

“We’re going back together today, so wait for me.” He said.

“Are you going somewhere again?” I asked.

He shook his head, “I’ll just finish signing these papers off, and then we’ll go.”

I nodded.

My phone rang.

I picked it up lazily.

“Yoboseyo” I called.

“Noona…I just heard of what happened” Tao said.

“Where are you?”

“I’m in Japan with hyung. Are you okay? The jet will only be here by tomorrow, so we can’t go home by today.”

“Noona is alright. You guys don’t have to come here”

“We’re still worried noona.”

I chuckled.

“Aww, I’m touched.”

“Anyway, cheer up and do it your way. Keep your head cool noona”

“Arrasso.”

“We’ll be back by tomorrow alright?”

“Got it”

“Bye noona, we love you” He said.

“Love you too panda”

“Brothers?” He asked.

“Yeah, they’ve heard”

He nodded.

“Let’s go”

“You’re done already?” I asked, surprised.

He nodded.

We went from his office.

He encircles his hand onto my hand, and once again, those simple touches made my heart do a somersault.

We went out from the building with tight security team, while they won’t stop flashing their flashes on us and showering us with all their questions.

We made it into the car in one piece.

I don’t feel like eating the chef’s food.

“Should we just eat outside?” I asked as I made my way into the living room.

“I don’t feel like going out anymore”

“Then?”

“Let’s just order some black bean noodles or something”

I gasped.

“You even know how to eat those things?”
He nodded.

“You’re much abled than I thought you would be”

He gave me a look.

“I haven’t forgiven you yet”

I shut up immediately and quickly run away to my room.

“YA!! YOU HAVEN’T ORDERED THE FOOD” He shouted from the first floor.

“Right” I muttered to myself and went back down.

I ordered two bowls of black bean noodles and wait for the shocked delivery guy to come.

He bows down at the sight of me.

The house must’ve intimidated him a lot.

“Anyeonghaseyo. I was told to send these” He stuttered.

I chuckled.

“Thank you, you may come back later in the night or tomorrow.” I said with a bow.

He bowed back.

“Then…please enjoy”

I went back to the living room and gave him his plate of black bean noodles and side dishes.

The maids have their jaw dropped at the sight of us slurping the good old noodles while we lazily watch some shows.

 

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx