The Meeting

Socialites

YOUR POV

 

I was still exploring my dreamland until I felt two hands wrapping my waist and a head snuggling onto my neck

"mmphhh noona wakey wakey~~ time for breakfast noona" Tao said in an innocent voice

"uugghh what are you doing here?? It's still *yawns* 6.30 *yawns* am Tao" I grumbled with my sleepy voice as I looked towards my clock.

"Noona~~Vic just called me and she said that there's an urgent Shareholders meeting at 7.30..." He said in a calm soft voice

His words starts to seeps into my mind and I started to shriek.

"When did she called you?"  I asked, now panicking.

"uumm,, Just now...? Waeyo noona??

"Why were we informed this late?! The meeting is in an hour Tao" I said angrily while calling Vic from my phone.

"Vic, tell. me. what. the. hell. is. going. on. here?" I asked

"Joiseonghabnida depyonim(A/N: Sorry ma'am) The director of Marketing called me this morning and asked me to inform you about this sudden conference" She said with a scared voice

Now what is this old man trying to plot again?

"He said its about the abuse of power. However I think that it's about the last meeting where you and the VP crashed and burnt the Planning Director's plan"

"Ok, thanks Vic"

"No problem ma'am"

And with that, the line went dead.

"We should really talk to haraboji about this matter. Jageun abeoji (A/N: an uncle; the younger brother of your dad) is starting to get on my nerves now. He called for a sharesholders meeting for...a declination of a proposal?!" I said while scratching me head in frustration.

I saw Tao's head nods for a few times, I guess he totally agrees with me.

Since we're in a rush, I decided to put on a simple Balenciaga white silk dress with a matching blue Balenciaga gladiator pumps and a big yellow papier pouch from...well... Balenciaga.

  

I saw Tao wearing a simple plain white Tee with light brown pants and white shoes with littlle details of red and navy blue from Tod's.

 

TAO'S POV

It's 7am already, and we're still inside the house running from her room towards the main door. Sometimes, I really hate running around the huge corridor of this house. It waste a lot of time and energy, we should've just lived inside a small apartment.

I called butler Lee to get us her White Maserati to the front door. We quickly went inside the car and sped off to the office. We even called the police to get a lane free for us so that we could avoid the hectic morning traffic. That's how "urgent" this meeting is. He could've set it at nine of ten, why so early uncle??

We arrived just in time for the meeting. According to my rolex watch, it's 7.20 am right now, and we still need to do a marathon towards the conference room which is a dozen floor from here.

I saw our bodyguards, assistants, and secretaries waiting for our arrival on the front door. They did a ninety degree bow as soon as we strp out of the car. I gave the key to one of the securities.

I took my sister's hand and started to run for our life towards the lift, with six people trying to catch up from behind. 

"Aaish why is this lift so slow?!" I let out a frustrated shout

"Relax Edison" She gave me the we're-the-boss-so-chill kind of look.

With that I immediately zip my mouth up. How does she remain her composure during this time?!

Finally after what seems like an eternity the lift "dding". We quickly get out of the lift and started to walk towards the conference room. At least we must look calm. Keep calm and move on Tao...Keep calm and move on.....I reminded myself.

But....it seems that the pla failed. I saw my "uncle" walking from the opposite direction with some directors walking behind him. As soon as he sees us, he let out a sly smile.

"Aaaiiggooo...what do we have here? omo omo, I heard that both of you will have your position ripped out from the office?? HAHAHAAHAHA omo how sad....." He said trying to look sympathetic.

I smiled

"Or maybe...today will be your last day wearing a working suit dear uncle" I said with a fake smile plastered on my face.

His face started to hardens. Serves you right.

"Uncle, it seems that the marketing department is free these days hhmm??" my sister hummed

"So free that you even take the burden to arrange a sharesholders meeting??" She said with a huge fake smile

"No no no, my dear. The marketing department is very busy, but of course, we must straighten some things out in the company right??" he said as he let out a nervous laugh

"That's very kind of you sir. We DO have to straighten some things in the company right?" I asked innocently

"Eheemm eeheemm" He faked a loud cough as he walked inside the room.

 

YOUR POV

I came inside the conference room and scan the sharesholders that are coming. I squinted my eyes, every single person in this room is his allies. Not good.

"Vic, call the pres for me please, and inform him to come to this meeting. And call our side of the people too. I'll try to hold it till nine. No, wait, just make him on the line please, I'll talk to him directly, while you try to persuade the rest of the sharesholders." I said in a plain tone.

Although inside, I'm panicking right now.

"Yes, ma'am, the pres is on the line already."

"Yoboseyo~, haraaaabboojjiii~~~" I whined and tried to act "cute", with some "aegyo".

"Yes sweetpea??" I heard him chuckled.

"You see, there is this sharesholders meeting that your second son is planning, and I wish for your mighty presence here." I said in a cute worried tone.

"So...your aegyo is a bribe towards this old man eh???" He teased

"Yes and no.. Tao and I are...you know...kinda messed up...could you please..help us..?" I said with a tiny ray of hope~~ c'mmon c'mmon you're my last hope. 

"Joa, I'll come to the office to save my grandchildren today~ Be there by nine or so honey, and may I know what kind of "trouble" are you implying on right now?"

"He's trying to take our positions down haraboji~ Last time Tao and I reject some proposals and he's now making a big deal out of it. He even called all of his minions to charge towards us"

"Aigoo....that son...fine,, I'll bring some of my minions with me too, be sure to hold some time darling" He said while sighing.

"Ne haraboji~~~ And thank you for saving our lives" I said while grinning.

I'm aliveeeeeee~~~!

I walked from my "seat" to the front where the mic is set.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Hwang In Hee, the CEO of The Hwang Conglomerate, would like to ask a bit of your coorperation. The president have informed me that he'll be coming for the meeting today, so this meeting will be postpone until then. Thank you for your kind corporation." I said and bowed and start to make the way back to my seat.

"Ms Hwang! Ms Hwang! What time will the president come??" I heard some shoutings and murmurs and annoyed sighs from the crowd.

I turned my heels around and make my way back to the stage.

"Aah, about his arrival. He said he'll reach here by nine. And if, he'll not make it by nine, then we'll keep on postponing the meeting until his arrival"

And I left the stage for a second time, but this time I head for the door instead of my seat, Tao quickly stood up and follow me out, while the secretaries, assistants and bodyguards follow us out too.

"Noona what's going on??" I heard Tao asked with a confused look on his face.

"Haraboji is coming" 

I saw him make an "O" with his mouth.

"Follow me to my office" I said.

"Vic, what happened to the rest of the sharesholders?"

"They'll be coming by nine ma'am"

"At least that's settled."

Both of us entered my office.

"Noona you're not actually planning to have a war with him right?" I heard him ask.

"Not a war, but more like saving our asses out"

"Vic, put me through to Mr Kim. "I said through the intercom.

"Right away, ma'am."

"Call the other sharesholders and tell them what kind of position we're in, and be sure to tell them what's going to happen to them if they follow jageun abeoji" I told Tao with a strict voice.

"Ne, anyeonghaseyo Kim Sajangnim? (A/N: Yes, how are you doing president Kim) Could you please come to our sharesholders meeting today? No, no, we didn't make any kind of trouble, yes. You do realize what'll happen to the company once he's handling it right? Yes, of course the president is coming. Yes, I'll convey good things about you to the president, yes. Well, you see, we're both CEOs and bosses here. Of course, there'll be time where you'll have to reject someone's proposal. We need to think about the cost, budget, and the return profit right. Yes, that's right, and my uncle here, is trying to use every hole we make to throw us out. Yes, we're tired of him too. yes, I beg you for your coorperation, yes, yes, sure, thank you very much yes."

And Tao and I said the same thing again and again to the rest of the sharesholders.

At around 9.30 or so, my phone started to ring.

"In Hee? it's me, I'm reaching the company right now" I heard grandpa said from the other line.

"Yes, we'll come to fetch you"

"Edison, let's go, grandpa and his minions are coming."

"Noona, most of the sharesholders are here too, while Mr Lee and Mr Park said that they're reaching the building already." I heard him say 

"Oh, that's good, thanks Tao"

"Eeeyyy, why so formal noona? We're siblings~." I heard him chuckle

I chuckle along with him. It's true. The cold and serious atmosphere made me forget that he's actually my brother.

We waited for grandpa and his "minions" downstairs.

And when the door open at the same time, we all bowed down.

"Aigoo, what will you two do when I'm long gone??" He sighed while buttoning his coat.

"Haraboji, don't say that, you'll live for another thousand years" I grinned as we walked beside him.

I look back to see his so-called "minions" and guess what I found?

 

THE. JERK. PRINCE. 

Why is he here again??!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To compensate for the last chapter here's a long chappie :)

enjoy:D