Glass Pieces

Socialites

 

NARRATOR'S POV

 

Her heartbeat quickens, and her face reddens. Her mind says to pull her body up, but her body isn’t listening.

He froze as well. Usually he would either kiss the girl right there and then or he would push her away. But he’s currently stuck.

He’s always stuck when it comes to her.

Not knowing what to do. The only thing he knows is the fact that his heart has just burst into tiny little pieces, exploding into tiny little fireworks.

The door suddenly ‘beeps’, signaling a person coming in.

The employee came in, dropped his files in shock at the sight.

Both of them look towards his direction, with the same or more level of surprise than he has.

“I didn’t see anything, you two may continue” He said quickly, bowed and left.

While the two of them are still dumbfounded.

They looked at each other, look back towards the door. Blinked their eyes at least a thousand times, and then seeping the words he just said into each of their minds.

She looked at him in shocked, he looked back at her with the same stupid face.

Once she realizes the situation she is in, she immediately stands up.

Her face flushing red.

He cleared his throat and stands up as well.

“Let’s go.” He said.

She silently followed him from the back, thinking what on earth had just happened. Her mind is still not done processing the whole thing. She tugged her hand on his blazer and walks to whichever direction he is walking.

“You still like to tag on my blazer huh?” He asked with a light chuckle.

“Eo?” She asked, and trailed her eyes to wherever he’s looking.

“Sorry…” She muttered innocently.

He chuckled and was about to ruffle her hair when some employees pass by and whispered something on their own.

He looked at them and looked at her with her innocent menboong face looking straight into his direction.

His heart had just gathered its pieces back into order when it burst into million of pieces, again.

He cleared his throat and walks forward.

“Yaa~~~wait for me” She whined and quickly ran to catch up with him.

He snakes an arm around her waist, keeping his image.

While that usual action somehow, sends electricity down her spine today.

They quickly walk towards his car.

The driver opens the doors for the both of them.

 They quickly get in and sat.

Both of them still can’t get the big picture and both of them are still in a major heart attack.

The ride was silent, until he broke the silence.

“In Heeya, you’ll meet ‘S’ tonight” He said.

“ ‘S’? What’s that?”

“ ‘S’ for . My dad’s second wife, but the whole house simply calls her ‘S’” He said with a shrug.

“But how come she wasn’t there in our family meeting and wedding?”

“She’s not regarded in this family. And I don’t want to see her in my wedding day.”

“Ah…” was the only thing that she could let out.

“Young master, the president informed me to head straight for the dining hall”

“Do as he says” He quickly waved him off.

“That’s why your dad is still not the president right?”

“Right”

“Ahjusshi, can you stop in front of the fruit shop for a while?” She asked.

“Ne, samonim”

She walked down to the fruit shop and bought different kinds of fruits. From dried plums to peaches, pineapples, dragon fruits, blackberries, and mangos as well.

The employee packed them into a huge parcel and she went back to the car.

He chuckled.

“What?” She asked.

“Nothing” He said innocently.

“Tch, I know your family have more than enough fruits than they could possibly eat alright? But this is called as good manners”

“Arrasso~Did I even say anything?”

They went in to the dining hall to find a grinning old man.

“Harabeoji~~ I bought this for you” She said cutely with a tiny hint of aegyo.

He chuckled.

“This is why I said we need a granddaughter, just look at this cute innocent granddaughter in law of mine, In Ho is a happy man” He said while chuckling.

She grins.

“You bought dried plums for me? Aww, I love those a lot”

She smiled. “I kinda did a lot of research on you”

He chuckled happily.

“Then....I’ll be your granddaughter from now on harabeoji” She grins cutely.

“You will?”

“Eung”

He chuckled happily.

“Then you should start visiting this old chap regularly”

“I will” She smiled.

She greets his parents and Jun Su’s family as well.

At the same time, his father’s second wife entered the dining hall.

“Ah, just in time. In Heeya, you haven’t met her right? She’s S, say hello to her”

“Anyeonghaseyo, Hwang In Heeibnida” She said with a bow.

The woman smiled and bowed back.

“Lee Hyo Rinibnida”

“No need to bow to S. She’s not worth your bow.” Jae Joong waved her off.

“Kim Jae Joong you!” His father warned him.

He smiled and let his wife sit beside him.

The mood suddenly becomes tensed.

His grandfather face is certainly not showing a happy face.

“Who called S here?” He asked angrily.

“I did abeoji. You said that there will be a family dinner, isn’t she part of this family?” His father asked.

“She wasn’t, she isn’t and she will never be part of this family.”

Jae Joong smirks.

“Aww, honey don’t cry.” Jae Joong mocked evilly.

“Don’t pull those acts on us, you know it won’t work right?” He said with even more mockery than the previous line.

His face is smiling innocently but his every word in that every tone stabs like a thousand daggers.

He smirks, while she looks at him, furious.

“Don’t give me that face hun, without us, you’ll still be my dad’s secretary and that’s all you’ll ever be, at least now you can still live inside a palace wearing pretty clothes and shoes right?” He asked innocently followed by an evil laugh.

“KIM JAE JOONG WON’T YOU QUIT IT?!” His father asked, now enraged.

“Kim Joong Shik shut up and sit down quietly” His father ordered.

He did as he was told.

“Quit what abeoji? Saying the truth or acting nice towards her?”

His father was about to argue when his grandfather gave him a look.

Jae Joong smirks in victory.

“You think that without me living here you’ll at least live inside the human world right? Seeing by the change in clothing style, I guess I’m right. But sorry to disappoint you I’ll give you all hells of hell when I come here for a visit” He smiled.

A spoon came flying his way and hit his head.

His forehead bleeds.

“Oh, you’re bleeding!” She said.

“When I told you to stop, you should’ve just stopped. You went too far this time” His father said disappointedly.

His grandfather left the room in rage.

“Get doctor Kim, and bring him for a CT scan tomorrow!” His grandfather ordered his personal butler while going out of the room.

“I went too far?” He chuckled. “Huh, don’t make me laugh. You went too far for letting this thing into this household” He said, stressing the ‘you’

 “Hyo Rinah don’t cry, ‘oppa’ won’t kill you tonight.” He smiled innocently.

His father’s nostrils flared, his breathings turned uneven while his knuckles whitens.

His son laughed.

“What? You’re going to throw another spoon at me? You threw a spoon at ME because of this THING over here” He said in a controlled tone.

His father grabs a glass of water with trembling hands.

He looked at his son in anger.

He challenged his father with a dark chuckle while his wife watched the situation carefully.

He looked up and examines his father’s second wife while tilting his head to the left.

“Did you go for a plastic surgery? The last time I saw you, you were as flat as a wooden plank.” He mocked.

“And oh, you look uglier when you’re crying” He chuckled.

The whole family chuckled along with him while In Hee remained silent.

“See” He said.

All of a sudden In Hee saw a glass flying in midair aiming straight at her husband's head.

She hugged him on instinct while the glass shattered into tiny little pieces, some made it through her blazer and pierced directly into her skin.

She shut her eyes on the impact while her grasps on him tightens.

Everybody looked at the scene in shocked.

He heard the breaking of glass and saw them shattered into million pieces on the floor right in front of him.

“Ya…what did you just do?!” He asked her, with a hollow voice, still unsure of what just happened.

She responded by a small painful “ack…”

She let go of him and regained her composure with several painful sounds.

He scoffs.

“I went too much? Yeah, right. Wait until harabeoji and her family hears about this” He said darkly and dragged her out of the room.

“Does it bleeds?” She asked.

He gave her a look.

“Open your blazer” He commanded.

“Omo, what do you want to do to me?” She asked playfully while covering her body.

He gave her a cold look.

She opens her blazer silently.

“Turn back” He ordered.

She did as she was told.

He sighed.

“What’s with you and glasses anyway?” He asked.

She chuckled.

“We have an unbreakable fate”

“I’m serious here. What were you thinking anyway?! Are you that dumb?! You could just let the glass hit my head… Can’t you see your own body condition?! Do you want to be a full mummy or something?! And why should you use a thin insider today?! Why can’t you cherish your own body? What if it’ll leave some scars? Then…”

She cut him off by running towards a kid’s direction.

He sighed in frustration.

“Crazy girl” He hissed under his breath.

“Annyeong, what’s your name?” She asked while leveling down to the kid.

“Eun Oh. Lee Eun Oh” The kid replied brightly.
“Where’s your mom?” She asked.

He points towards the dining room.

She grins and ruffled his hair.

She knew that this must be the jerk’s half brother, they have similar lips and face structure and who else would have a Lee family name inside a Kim household anyway.

She walked to his direction while carrying him.

“Say hi to hyung” She grins happily.

The kid looked down, scared.

“Your hyung must have been mean to you huh?” She asked, chuckling.

The kid looks at her, unsure of some new words that came out from her lips.

“What is mean…?”

“Mean? It’s when someone treats you badly. Does your hyung treat you badly?”

He remained silent.

“Must be true then” She muttered.

“Let’s go, noona will bring you outside for a walk.” She said happily while walking to the opposite direction..

He grins.

“Eung! Noona, play with me alright?”

“Arrasso noona will play with you…”

“YA!!” He screams from behind.

She chuckled and walked outside.

He reluctantly follows her out.

“I’m not done with you yet” He hissed as he catch up with her.

“Don’t frown, you’ll only get scrunches” She said happily.

He sighed and took out his blazer for her.

“Eun Ohya, let noona wear this first alright?”

The boy nodded.

She let him down, wears his blazer and carries him up again.

The boy laughed.
“Noona you became fatter”

“Noona did?” She gasped.

“I think noona ate too much tonight” She said.

The boy laughed.

“Eun Ohya, how old are you?”

“Four” He said while showing her the hand movement.

She chuckled.

“Good boy”

“Oh! Eun Ohya, look, harabeoji is there” She pointed.

The kid immediately cries.

He scoffs.

“Like mother like son” He muttered.

“Yaa~~~ Don’t be so mean to the child”

“Lee Eun Oh, won’t you shut it?!” He asked raising his voice a little.

“What are you doing to him?!”

“Attention seeker” He muttered.

She punched his stomach.

“YA”

She glared at him.

He shuts up.

“Aigoo...It’s okay, Eun Ohya, its okay, noona is here, he can’t hurt you” She said while carrying him.

“Ssshhh” She said gently, calming the kid down while she comb his hair softly.

His grandfather came towards their side.

“Harabeoji” They bowed.

“I heard what happened. Are you okay?” He asked in concern.

“Of course not. Do you think a person will be okay after she’s been hit by a glass?!” He asked, furious.

The old man sighed.

“Useless bastard”

“Aniyeyo harabeoji, this guy is exaggerating the facts. I’m okay, I only got scratched a little by it, that’s all.”

He cleared his throat. “You grandfather will kill me tomorrow.”

She chuckled.

“Let this be a secret only we know” She said.

“I can’t do that to In Ho, he’s my best friends ever since we were young”

He chuckled. “It’s okay, I have a way of telling him things.”

“Then harabeoji, can you teach me that method? I don’t know how to break things to him”

“That’s a secret”

She pouts.

He chuckled.

“I just want to invite you for a decent meal, but looked at what had happened.”

“Then should we go out for a meal by ourselves?” She asked.

Her husband looked at her in shock.

He shook his head. “Aniya, let’s eat next time. I don’t feel like eating after all that’s happened tonight. Go home now you two must be tired. And Jae Joongah, help her with her wounds” He said.

“Ne, harabeoji” He said with a bow.

“Let’s go In Heeya” He said softly.

She pouts.

“I still want to play with him though”

He sighed in annoyance and gave her his trademark cold look.

She sighed and blew a raspberry

“Eun Ohya, let’s go inside and find your mom” She said as she carries him up.

He cried.

She tries to calm him down. “If you stop crying, noona will come here for you in the next few days with some toys”

He immediately stops crying.

She chuckled. “Good boy”

They went inside the dining hall, and everyone looked at her in utter shock.

“In Heeshi…how can…he…you..together…?” Jun Su asked with a surprised face.

She chuckled at his cuteness.

“I met him outside”

“Since Eun Oh is a good boy, noona will give you a candy” She said happily.

He grins happily.

“What should you say?”

“Gamsahabnida” He said politely with a bow.

“Good boy” She coed.

“Bye bye noona”

“Anyeong~~”

She bowed to the rest of the family and went out.

They all shook their head in disbelief.

 

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

I shook my head in frustration.

This girl really drives me crazy.

I mean why would she do that?

Is she that insane?

She came out with a happy grin moments later.

And how can she have that face when her back is in that condition?

Did she became numb or something?

I sighed.

“Let’s go” She said happily, avoiding my eye contact.

“Feeling scared huh?” I asked.

“Why would I? I saved your head tonight”

I sighed.

“Don’t do it again, even if a tower fell over me, DO NOT cover for me again” I said seriously.

She ignores me.

“Yaaa” I poked her hand.

She ignores me and went in to the car.

I was about to open my mouth when she cuts me by plugging in her earphone and turning on some songs.

I pouted.

We went back into our rooms silently.

I plugged the earphones out of her ear.

“Turn around” I ordered.

She looked at me questioningly.

“Just turn around” I said softly.

She did as I said while I took my blazer out of her back.

Never knew she’s tanned.

Her back looks so much whiter than her hands and face.

“Sit” I commanded.

She did as I said while I took the first aid kid.

Yes, Kim Jae Joong is now working part time as a nanny.

The room is dead silent.

The only sounds that could still be heard are the sounds of the air conditioners.

I pushed her hairs away to get a better view of her damaged back.

I sighed.

Why am I always the cause of this anyway?

I was about to put some ointments on her skin when I realize that some of the glass pieces are still stuck on to her clothes.

I pulled each pieces out slowly, while she winced in pain.

Now how should I put the ointment…?

I can’t possibly ask her to open her insider right?

I sighed.

I pulled her insider downwards and awkwardly put some ointment on them.

She remained silent.

And last but not the least, I bandaged her wounds.

“Done~!” I exclaimed happily.

"My turn" She said evilly.

"What?"

"Sit" She said while she stands up.

She smiles evilly.

She took out some alcohol and dabbed them on my forehead.

Why does it hurts?

Oh right, the spoon.

"Ah..." I muttered.

"Do it with some feelings will you?"

She laughed.

"I need to chase all of the germs away right?" She smiles evilly.

I pouted.

She's only making my wound bigger than it is.

She put some ointment on my forehead and close the wound with a plaster.

I looked at her intently.

Our eyes met, but she quickly looks away and clears .

"Now how will I wash?" She asked.

Good question.

No answer.

I shrugged.

"Somehow" I muttered.

 

 

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

100+ subscriberrssss

kkkyyaaa~~~!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH~!!!

MUAH~!!! :*