That faithful day

Socialites

 

YOUR POV

The meeting finally ended.  And yes, like what Tao have said, today is the last day for my uncle to be wearing a working suit. Oh well, him wearing a working suit was always a big joke. I've never actually saw him working in the office.t

I gave a warm smile and bows to every director that came, shook some hands, said a lot of "thank you"s, got my shoulders and back patted by most, got a lot of smiles from the sharesholders, then some are kind enought to say "It must've been hard on you" and "you've work hard" while the others said "I can trust my shares to you Ms Hwang" And I saw the jerk prince with his glorious smirk drawn gracefully in his pretty little face. I gave him a small bow and said a small thank you with a stiff smile on my face. He return my wonderful nod/bow and walked out of the room.

And after a good fifteen minutes of  bidding goodbyes, and saying a lot of gratitudes, the conference room is finally emptied. All that's left are harabeoji, Tao and I. 

I plopped down on the soft and bouncy seat of the conference room "Aaahh~~ IT'S OVER BABY~~" I said while stretching and a real happy grin is plastered on my sweet face.

"LET'S CELEBRATE!!! And thank you harabeoji~~~~" I heard Tao said as he rush in to harabeoji's side to give him a warm panda-bone-crushing-hug. I joined the hugging session and harabeoji finally said something.

"You two, owe me one big favor ok? You must listen to my favor when I want it, and you two MUST agree. Like what I've taught you, there's always a price for anything and everything.

"NEE~!" We said in unison. 

"Now let's go on our family trip!" Tao chirp happily.

"Harabeoji wants to go to our mall in Busan"

"Busan shinsegye??" We both asked in unison

"Yes." He said.

" I want to buy some good clothes for you two, watch a movie or two, and...eat" He said with an excited look on his face.

"Your wish is my command harabeoji" Tao said while giving him a playful salute.

 

NARRATOR'S POV

 

The two heirs walk down the building. They are happy. Everyone could see it as they are grinning fro ear to ear. Pres. Hwang is in the middle, while the young heir link his arm with Pres Hwang's left arm. On the other side, The young heiress hold his right hand. They talked, teased and laughters can be heard from all sides of the lobby.

From the first floor, a man was standing near the corridor along the aisle overlooking the front lobby. He have a furious look on his face. His face redden as he looked at the intimacy of the two heirs with their grandfather.

he made a ball with his fist, his knuckles now turning white. 

"Jong In-ah..." He said with a deep, low, controlled and angered voice.

The man bowed and said"Ne...abeoji."

"You must remember what those three did to me today. You must remember who fired me. You don't have to be loyal to this family anymore. The Hwangs? Tcchh who do they think they are? Jong In-ah, today..today..is the day where your father got fired.." He said while letting out a sinister laugh.

"Do you know that..power is a great thing...with a single line uttered from that old man's voice, within minutes, your father is out of the  company. It's that easy...isn't it funny?"

"...."

"How dare they have fun and laugh on this day?! How dare they...his own son...their own uncle was fired today...but..look at them...look at their expressions carefully Jong In ah...remember that face..and carry this hate until the day you die"

"..."

Meanwhile the trio got into their grandfather's rolls royce, and they're on their way to Busan.

The car ride was fun and warm. Laughters are heard every now and then. They're having a good time. Although president Hwang's expressions hardened from time to time, as he remembered what he just did to his own son.

Once they reach Busan...all employees quickly lined up in front of the entrance to greet the president and to get a glimpse of the young heir and heiress. Female employees put some more make ups on to try and grab the young heir's attention, while male employees groom their hairs and fix their suit to look presentable to the young heiress and..of course..they want to try and get the young heiress's attention too.

Soon, a black phantom II appear in the main lobby of the mall. The chaffeur opened the door for the trio to come down. Suddenly, the air around becomes colder and intimidating. An air of superiority are radiating from the Hwang family. Two neat lines of people bowed their heads gracefully as the trio passed. 

The clicking heels of the young heiress stopped in front of the mall's manager. She gave him a soft smile and tilted her head sideways intimidating him.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked in an intimidating dark voice, but with a soft smile on her face.

"Ne..??" The manager asked back. 

"I said, what are you guys doing here?" She repeated.

"Gr..ee..t..i..nngg...you..an.dd...yo..u..rr..f..a..mmi.lly..??"He replied while stuttering.

"Then what about the other customers? Shouldn't you stay in your post? What if there's a lost tourist wandering around looking for you guys? What if they needed something from you? I feel honoured to be welcomed by my employees but I do think that your main priority in this building is to greet and help the customers." She said, calmly, slowly, softly and intimidatingly. Her emotions can't be read from her face, her lips are smiling but her voice is intimidating, her eyes are cold and the manager is going crazy by the second.

"I'm sorry depyonim. I thought that we should respect you by greeting you here. I'm sorry for neglecting my main priority in this building." He said while bowing down.

"I'm not angry nor disappointed in you guys. When a boss come to see how's business going, most of you will think that all of you must stand and greet your boss. I, however think that, that's plain useless. Well you do seems like you respect me as your superior, but all of that are just gestures. I don't really know how you feel inside. So rather than giving me a fake respect, it's better for you to work harder inside my mall to show me a token of your respect" She said

"Yes ma'am. This won't happen again" 

"Very well then"

"Next time, I want only you to be present here to greet me and brief me on how's the mall doing."

"Ne depyonim"

 

TAO's POV

 

My sister....is...a little..bit..scary today. They're just greeting her and she's like...oh God. But she did have a point. Greeting us like this doesn't actually mean that they rspect us. But by working it proved us that our personnels are working hard to help the customer. Service is the main point in running a mall. I nodded to myself.

"Your sister, is the most practical and rational boss I've ever seen in my 50 years of doing business." I heard harabeoji said that while he shakes his head and laughed.

I laughed along with him. It's true.

Harabeoji bought some clothes for her so that she could change and wear it to the dinner. Strange. It's just a dinner, and her outfit earlier looks pretty decent to me. Something is fishy about harabeoji. 

He even bought me some tux to wear for the dinner. I sense a matchmaking session for either me or my sister.

In the end she wore a simple Moschino white dress with some black details and gold button, harabeoji even bought her a beige chanel pumps with white coral-like heels, and a baby pink chanel clutch.

   A/N (Just imagine that the girl is actually Yoon Eun Hye^^)

And he force me to wear a beige tux and a white tee inside alongside with a pair of ripped jeans and a broken white shoes from tod's. 

I'm surprised by harabeoji's modern taste of fashion. 

It was around four when we left for seoul.

And after two hours of long journey back to Seoul, we arrived in front of...someone's house. 

I like the house. It have that royalties kind of feeling and the architecture of this house seems to be really complex.

The chaffeur open the door for us, and we're welcomed by a very excited man. He seems to be around the age of my grandpa, and beside him stood a younger man in his 50s with his wife beside him, and then there's this guy who I saw in the sharesholders meeting earlier.

 

JAEJOONG'S POV

 

So...our dinner is with the Hwang Chairman..and his...grandson? 

Then I saw a leg coming down from the car. It's a girl, I decided, since she's wearing a heel.

As the lady got a grip of the ground, her body move forward and her head pops out. She get down from the car, and my my, look who's here.

Tell me why am I not surprised again?

But...she looks so angelic...I have the urge to touch her. 

Stop it Jae..she's not sane.

 

YOUR POV

I stepped down from the car, and look what I've found. 

Jerk prince is standing in front of the house.

Wait...then..this house belongs to him?!

So I'll be having dinner with this jerk?!

He wore a whithe blazer with a black insider, and he accessorises it with a necklace. He then wore a black skinny jeans, and Louis Vuitton shoes. I must say, he actually look really handsome tonight.

When I asked 'can this day get any worst?' this morning.

I have an answer for that.

Yup. It just gets worst.

ARGH 

What's with me and this guy anyway?! Why do we keep on meeting each other so frequently these days?!

We headed into the dining room and he walked beside me and whisper "Aww someone missed me already" He said with a playful smirk on is face

"In your dreams you jerk" I hissed

"Nuh uh, this is reality baby. You called me this morning, and you even come to my house to look for me tonight." He winked and started to fasten his pace

URGH

We got inside the dining room and dinner was immediately served.

I was trying to control my anger, while munching on my salmon steak.

The dinner went quite smoothly, the only one talking are the elders. 

After the main course, our deserts are served.

His grandfather started to nudge my grandfather and my grandfather nudge him back. It was a cute moment for the two santa clauses.

His grandfather started to fake a cough to grab everyone's attention.

We looked up and he started to speak.

"The main reason for me to call for this dinner is the declaration of merging between the two families"

Merging..in..families..? Is that even possible..?

"I want my eldest grandson to marry the only granddaughter of the Hwang family." He said again, this time in a slower pace.

It took me time to churn what he just said.

When i realized what he's proposing, I shrieked.

"Yes..? Could you please repeat what you've just said?" I asked in a panic tone.

Please let it be false. please let it be false.

"He said, In Hee. You should marry  President Kim's grandson, Kim Jae Joong."

"WHAT?!" I guessed he just realized what mess we're in.

"I. WILL. NOT. MARRY. HIM. HARABEOJI" I said

"You've got no choice In Hee. That was a statement, not a question. And like I said earlier, you must do me a favor, since I've helped you earlier"

"but...but...you're practically selling me off!!" I said with tears ready to fall down.

"In Hee-ya...I'm doing this for your own good"

"No you're not! How is this good for me?!"

"You'll thank me after 20 or 30 years from now." He said in a calm voice

 

JAEJOONG'S POV

She was arguing with her grandfather when I just realized that we're in big .

No. I'm not marrying a crazy ahjumma.

And no. I'm not letting go of my freedom as a bachelor.

"Harabeoji, I'll do well I'll really do well in the company, just let me out of this marriage deal alright?"

"No, jaeJoong, there's no way out in this, you're marrying her."

"Harabeoji, what if I decline this...this...arranged marriage..??" I heard her asked

"Then my dear, I'll be taking all of your cards, positions, and powers. Ah, and don't think that you'll be able to work anywhere with your degrees. I'll be pressurizing every company in the country" He said coldly.

"The same goes for you Jae Joong." I heard my own grandfather said.

No...This can't be happening

WHY?! 

So she didn't knew about this too?!

"Ah,I almost forgot. All invitations have been sent this morning. Clear your schedule for this saturday, it'll be your wedding day. And from tomorrow onwards, clear all your schedules. You two will go for interviews, pre wedding shoot, and also you two must choose your wedding rings and outfit.

My jaw dropped. There's no backing out in this matter. They've planned everything..from the very beginning.

"Oh!and  one more thing, you two have dated for the last two years, and will be moving in together from this saturday onwards, and also, the news about you two is out by the second we're saying this to you." Jae Joong's mom said while grinning happily.

Two years?! It's more like we met in a very inappropriate situation two days ago.

 

YOUR POV

 

My jaw dropped. My beautiful life, my..dream wedding...my prince charming...they're all gone in minutes of the declaration.

Dating for two years?! That's absurd. So we'll be like the camera couple...

I took a deep breathe and sighed. 

Harabeoji is too mean...He should at least talked to me first, at least..at least he should ask for my opinion.."

Hot tears started to formed from this..betrayal. 

I felt someone holding my hand and press it to assure me. It was Tao.

I gave him a weak smile.

"You knew about this didn't you?" I asked him softly

"Ani...harabeoji never said a word about this.."

"Then..how do you look so composed and calm?" I muttered..my words barely heard

"Someone got to be strong right? You were strong this morning, so now it's my turn to be strong for you" He gave me a reassuring smile.

"Just go with it noona...take it as living with a friend." He said

"That Tao, is easier said than done."  I replied

"I'll leave the both of you to know each other better" I heard harabeoji said. 

They stood up and started to leave the dining room. Harabeoji dragged Tao out with him.

I sighed

"This. Is. Absurd" I said

"Yes..it is...' He replied

"..."

"..."

"..."

 

NARRATOR'S POV

 

An awkward silence creeps into the large dining hall. Nobody utters a word. Nobody have the energy to do so.

And after a good fifteen minutes of recollecting their souls, a voice breaks the awkward silence.

"Let's do it..." He said

"What..?"

"I said..let's do it... I need my powers, my position, my name and most important of all, my wealth. If you can't live with me then we'll get a divorce, but that too, is only allowed when both of our grandfathers passed away..so you'll probably have to live with me for a decade or two"

"Fair enough" I said while nodding my head...decades huh...I wonder if this will actually works.

"Let's get some things straight. We have to be a very loving couple in front of others and the cameras.  We'll have to do some "natural gesutures", so kissing, hugging, touching and all sort of skinships will be allowed in public. From tomorrow onwards, I'll be the one who'll be sending you off and picking you up to and from the office. Ah, and one more thing, I will do whatever I want, and you can't be my wife when we're at home. We'll use the same bedroom, to clear off any suspicions and moles inside the house. I can date whoever I want, go home at anytime I want and I need my freedom. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, I agree, and the same goes for you, you'll not have any control over my life whatsoever. Should..we..at least be friends? You know, like roomies??" She asked with a tiny bit of hopefulness in her voice.

"Sure..why not..we'll be roomies." He smiled and gesture her for a handshake, she smiled in relief and take out her hand for a handshake.

"Oh, and one more thing, this will be strictly business, so no emotions attached." She said.

"Alright then"

"So..let's plan some things out. We'll go to the jewelry shop by tomorrow and we'll also shop for our outfits. After that we'll go to the interview, together. The next day, we'll take some pictures for the pre-wedding pictures." She said with an authoritive tone.

"Yes, ma'am" He playfully replied.

"Any allergies?" He asked.

"Yup, I have a beef allergy" she answered him

"That's..a rather strange type of allergy" he said

"I know right? What about you?"

"None." He replied nolanchantly

"Ok..next up..favourite dishes?" She asked

"Mmm Korean food? HAHA You?" He let out a laugh, feeling slightly embarrased.

"Chocolates, deserts, I have a sweet tooth" She replied.

The two end up learning about the basics of each other, and well...you know..they do get along pretty well afterall.

And so..the night passed with both of them writing stuffs on their phone about each other. The two fell asleep in the dining hall. Both have their heads and one of their hands are up on the table, while both are sitting in the opposite direction of each other.

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hehe they finally met!! Woohoo *throws confetti*

omg....gasps look at the mistakes that I've made....*bows ninety degrees* But I guess it's all fixed now :) tell me if there are more mistakes in this chappie hehe