~*TWO*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“You seriously cannot be wearing that to the meeting.” Jonghun gave Suzy an once over through the mirror. “What is wrong with what I’m wearing? At least I’m not half like some of your girlfriends.” Suzy retorted.

Jonghun turned around & looked at her again. Suzy was dressed in a short flower print dress with black leggings & her favourite pair of worn Converse sneakers. She was the only woman Jonghun knew who wore that much clothes.

“Don’t judge me. I already told you I’m not one of your s for a night.” Suzy yawned. “I know that but don’t you think you’re a little underdressed by wearing that?” Jonghun adjusted his tie until he was satisfied with the angle. “You mean that I’m wearing too much clothes yet I’m underdressed for the lunch meeting?” Suzy looked up at Jonghun. “Yeah.” he answered.

“Did I mention the lunch meeting is scheduled at Pizza Hut?” Jonghun heard Suzy’s laughter at his back. He felt an embarrassing flush creep up his neck. He thought it.. “The meeting was at a high class restaurant? The Brits are Bohemians. They don’t exactly believe in stuffy meetings in conference rooms.” Suzy explained.

“Why didn’t you tell that to me before I got dressed?” Jonghun demanded. He felt like a fool. “If you had the concern to check up on your clients before you made an appointment with them you would have known that already.” Suzy said simply. Jonghun had no comeback to that so he merely resorted to glaring at her.

“So how is Hyun Woo? Has he tried to kiss you yet?” Jonghun laughed as the duo drove towards central Seoul for the lunch meeting. Suzy elbowed him painfully in the ribs. “Why do you always pick on Hyun Woo? He’s such a gentleman unlike you, you e!” she scolded Jonghun. “Hey.. Now you don’t judge me. Ever watched ‘The Ugly Truth’? Gerard Butler said some hard hitting facts about men in that movie. I’m only living by his mottos.” Jonghun stopped at a red light.

“Of all the Gerard Butler films you had to choose that movie to lead your life by example. So predictable. Just admit that you only wanted to follow that motto from that particular movie because it suits your lifestyle you liar!” Suzy accused. Jonghun’s laughter filled the car. “I swear Bae Suzy you can read me like an open book.” He smiled at her. “That’s because I’m immune to your charm.” She smiled back.

For the millionth time Jonghun noticed what an attractive smile Suzy had. Her dimples that were accentuated by her slightly chubby cheeks & her two front rabbit teeth. “Um. Is there something on my face or did you just realise how horrendously ugly I am?” Suzy snapped her fingers in front of Jonghun’s face.

“Did anyone tell you how much you look like Yoon Eun Hye?” Jonghun asked seriously. Suzy made a sound between a cough & a snort. “Me? Look like Yoon Eun Hye? I know you’re a good liar Jonghun but not that good to make a lie like that believable.” Suzy giggled.

“What? You don’t believe me?” Jonghun looked outraged. “Can you please keep your eyes on the road? I don’t want to die before I turn 21. I haven’t even had my first kiss yet!” Suzy smacked Jonghun’s hand. “We can solve that problem in a second.” Jonghun leaned forward. He felt a stinging pain across his cheek. “I warned you not to try your charms on me Choi Jonghun. The next time around it’ll be your male vital organs.” Suzy’s eyes flashed.

Rubbing his cheek Jonghun started the car & continued driving without even getting bothered. He was already used to it but that Bae Suzy was so violent. It was a wonder how Lee Hyun Woo had managed to be her boyfriend for over six years. “No wonder he still hasn’t kissed her yet. She’d probably beat him black & blue for trying anything funny.” Jonghun laughed inwardly.

When Jonghun & Suzy pulled up in front of the Pizza Hut they were greeted by two Caucasians in tie dye shirts & shorts. “Suzy!!” the larger man out of the two swept her up into a big bear hug. “It’s nice to see you Doug.” Suzy patted his shoulder. “Don’t I get a hug too?” the younger man asked.

“Well since you asked it’s nice to meet you too Charles.” Suzy gave the young blonde man a hug as well. “This must be the infamous Playboy Mr Choi Jonghun.” Doug held out a big meaty hand. Jonghun shook it and felt Doug crush his right hand in a firm handshake. “I might have to go for an X-ray later on.” Jonghun whispered to Suzy. “Shut up.” She whispered back to him. “So shall we have lunch & talk shop?” Doug led the way.

“So Suzy.. when are you going to come out on a date with me?” Charles slung a hand over Suzy’s shoulder. “Charles you know I already have a boyfriend.” Suzy laughed. Jonghun followed the couple feeling a little left out. That Charles obviously thought himself as a smooth operator. “Jonghun you coming?” Suzy turned to him. “Yeah..” he rolled his eyes. Raising her eyebrows as if asking what his problem was Suzy continued speaking to Charles.

“That was an interesting meeting.” Jonghun said after they had bid Doug & Charles goodbye. “What about that was interesting? You barely said four words to them.” Suzy glared at Jonghun. She couldn’t understand Jonghun. One moment he couldn’t shut up. The next moment he was as silent as a grave.

“You already spoke for both for us. Charles seemed awfully fond of you.” Jonghun snuck a peek at Suzy through the corner of his eye. “Charles is a nice guy but he knows I’m attached.” Suzy answered quietly. “That didn’t stop him from flirting with you.” Jonghun said pointedly.

“What is your problem? Even I didn’t take Charles seriously. What are you so worried about?” Suzy wanted to know. “I’m just worried for you.” Jonghun said seriously. “Please. You worried about someone? Since when do you worry about someone other than yourself?” Suzy looked incredulous.

“Hey.. That hurts. How can you judge me like that?” Jonghun was genuinely hurt. He wouldn’t have cared if any other woman had said that but whenever Suzy said something like that.. it hurt.

“Aw.. Poor baby. Are you hurt?” Suzy reached out & ruffled Jonghun’s hair. He caught hold of her arm & met her gaze steadily. “I’m serious Bae Suzy. I do care about you, whether you accept it or not.” He told her his eyes glittering. “Jeez.. Alright. I’m sorry I hurt your feelings or if I’m being a judgemental .” Suzy freed herself from Jonghun’s grasp.

Jonghun opened his mouth to continue but was cut off when Suzy’s cell phone beeped to life. “It’s Hyun Woo oppa!” she squealed. “How come you call him oppa but call me Jonghun? I’m older than Hyun Woo.” Jonghun complained. “That’s because you don’t deserve to be called oppa unless you prove your worth as a gentleman.” Suzy explained patiently. “What the hell.. Then am I supposed to wrestle a bull or lift a boulder to prove my worth?” Jonghun laughed.

 

“No need for all that. Just date one girl a week and then narrow it down to one girl for your whole life. That’ll prove your worth.” Suzy laughed & jumped out of the car. “Where do you think you are going?” Jonghun called after her. “To meet Hyun Woo oppa at my family’s cafe.” She answered pausing for a while. “Hop in. I’ll give you a lift.” Jonghun said. Suzy bent down so that she could speak to Jonghun.

“Don’t you have like a hot date with HyunAh or something? I sure wouldn’t want to keep you from your conquest of the month.” Suzy’s voice was thick with sarcasm. “You’re hilarious Bae Suzy. Now come & sit down. I’ll drive you to Cafe Soo.” Jonghun patted the passenger seat beside his. Suzy looked at him for a moment before sighing in resignation. “Fine.” She said finally. “That’s my girl.” Jonghun smiled.

“Would you like to come inside for a coffee? I just tried out the recipe for making the crispiest biscotti.” Suzy said proudly. “Really? Is it safe to eat?” Jonghun teased. Suzy hit him playfully on the arm. “Come on in. You can meet Hyun Woo too.” Suzy told him. Jonghun thought for a while.

He wasn’t the biggest fan of Lee Hyun Woo but he couldn’t refuse Suzy’s request and he did want to try her biscotti no matter how horrendous it might be. “The things I’d do for you Bae Suzy..” Jonghun told her silently following her into the cafe.

“Hyun Woo oppa!” Suzy rushed to Hyun Woo & gave him a hug. Hyun Woo gave her a sheepish smile and hugged her back lightly. “Hello Jonghun shi. Long time no see!” Hyun Woo smiled his trademark wide smile at Jonghun. “Afternoon Hyun Woo. It’s nice to meet you again. How are you?” Jonghun shook Hyun Woo’s extended hand.

“I’m doing fine.” Hyun Woo answered his eyes darting nervously to where Suzy was standing. Jonghun smelled that there was trouble in paradise but Suzy was too oblivious to realise that. “Hey Suzy.. Can you get me some of the biscotti you were talking about? And a mocha latte too.” Jonghun pointed at the board. Suzy looked like she was about to throttle him for ordering her about but then thought better since Hyun Woo was only three feet away from her.

“Sure.” she smiled sweetly. Jonghun knew that she would probably play the xylophone with his vertebrate when they both were alone but the look on Suzy’s face was enough to pay the price. “I wonder how long she can pretend to be demure & sweet in front of Hyun Woo? One day that violent serial killer alter ego is going to emerge & Hyun Woo is going to flee for his life.” Jonghun laughed to himself.

“What is so funny?” Hyun Woo smiled nervously. “Nothing my man. Now tell me.. What is bugging you?” Jonghun took a seat on one of the soft plump pink cushion armchairs near the kitchen area. Hyun Woo sat down opposite him sweating slightly. “I’m a little bit of a mess.” Hyun Woo wiped the sweat trickling down his cheeks.

“I can see that. Now spill. What is bugging you?” Jonghun was insatiably curious. “I’m going to ask Suzy to marry me.” Jonghun’s eyes bugged out at Hyun Woo’s words.