~*EIGHT*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

Suzy adjusted the strap of her spaghetti strapped top trying to cover up as much as possible but it was not very possible. The photographer Nathan Lim who usually ignored Suzy as she wasn’t a skimpily dressed was now scrutinising her body as if she was a display in a museum. “Boy Suzy.. I didn’t know you had it in you.” he said in his gravelly trademark tone. Suzy smiled at him uncomfortably.

Nathan had a reputation of being quite physical with the models but yet the company couldn’t let him go because he was one of the best ad film directors in the world. His attitude might leave a lot to be desired but Nathan’s work spoke for itself. “How about a drink later after all this is over?” Nathan enquired moving a little closer to Suzy.

She tried to take a step back & almost tripped over the wires running all across the floor powering the photographic equipment with electricity. “Be careful.” A pair of arms encircled her shoulders & helped her up. Suzy spun around to find Jonghun standing behind her his handsome face concerned.

“Hmm.. That Nathan seems to have the hots for Suzy.. He doesn’t have a very good reputation..” Jonghun frowned disapprovingly as he saw Nathan attempting to inch closer to a very awkward Suzy.

“Nathan.. Have you set up the shots for the February shoot? It’s supposed to be a beach setting but all I see there is a cardboard sun.” Jonghun pointed at the d set behind Nathan. With a reluctant sigh Nathan turned around & started instructing his assistants to set up the props for the photoshoot.

Scoffing at his pathetic attempts to score with Suzy Jonghun rolled his eyes at Nathan. “He makes me uncomfortable. His eyes.. They make me feel like I’m .” Suzy shivered. Jonghun touched her arm softly. “Don’t worry.. I’m here.” he told her. Suzy nodded & moved a little closer to Jonghun. “I better not tell her that she looks hot if not I’m going to be in trouble.” Jonghun curbed his thoughts within himself.

Suzy unconsciously leaned back onto Jonghun while waiting for her turn at the photoshoot. The concept that had been given to her was portraying the image of a sporty young girl. Suzy wished that there were less people on the set especially men.

“I wonder how these women do this job day in day out with all these eyes practically stripping them .” Suzy had to admire the models whom she hadn’t given much thought before. “Suzy. It’s your turn.” Jonghun told her gently. Suzy gave him a nervous glance before walking onto the set.

Half an hour of failed modelling later Suzy was almost close to tears. She had no prior experience in modelling & didn’t know the poses that Nathan was asking her to strike. Looking at Jonghun helplessly Suzy tried her best to follow Nathan’s instructions. “No! That’s not it! Can’t you be more natural?! I mean even a block of wood has more emotions than you!” Nathan yelled. Suzy winced at his booming voice & stared at the ground attempting to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

Jonghun felt his heart sink down to the soles of his shoes. Nathan had been yelling, scolding and embarrassing Suzy with the harshest words possible for thirty minutes in front of a crowded set. “Maybe I shouldn’t have suggested this idea in the first place.” Jonghun sighed when he saw Suzy glancing at him with unshed tears in her large eyes.

“GOD! CAN’T YOU JUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS? ARE YOU STUPID?” Nathan screamed. Realising that he had gone too far Jonghun decided to intervene. “Give it a rest Nathan. Suzy has had no previous experience in modelling. How can you expect her to be perfect at her first attempt?” Jonghun walked up the photographer whose burly face was already red with exertion.

“Are you telling me on how to do my job Mr Choi? I’m a world renowned photographer. I’ve seen even ten year old girls with more charisma than this.. this thing here.” Nathan pointed at Suzy whose tears had already started falling. “Yes. Cry. That’s all you women are good for! Crying if someone says something negative to you! es cannot do anything else!” Nathan barked.

“Stop it Nathan. Seriously.. You’re way over the line.” Jonghun was starting to feel rather annoyed at the blatantly ist attitude of the photographer. “Way over the line? Seriously? If you are going to screw this you should keep her confined to your bedroom. Why bring make her model for a calendar when she doesn’t know the first thing about modelling?” Nathan spat viciously.

Jonghun heard Suzy gasp in shock at his words & felt the blood rush to his head. “Watch your mouth Nathan.” Jonghun growled. “So you ARE screwing this then? Send her over to me after you’re done.” Nathan smirked. Jonghun didn’t know what came over him, all he knew was his fist flying towards Nathan’s bearded mouth. Nathan crumpled to the floor with a groan as gasps of shock came from around the set.

“You bastard!” Nathan spat out a mouthful of blood. “One more word about Suzy & I’ll break your jaw.” Jonghun moved towards him threateningly. “This photoshoot is OVER. Everyone get out!” Jonghun yelled. Everyone stared at him & then quickly started packing up. “Jonghun! Why did you do that? The losses the company will have to pay if this happens..” Suzy rushed up to him her cheeks still moist with tears.

“We will pay all that if necessary. I don’t care. I want this bastard out of my studio & out of my company.” Jonghun pointed to Nathan who had picked himself up & was glaring daggers at him. “I don’t want to work for you either. Have fun with your .” Nathan grabbed his camera, wiped his mouth and stalked out of the studio.

When the studio had finally cleared out Suzy sat upon a bench alone her head in her hands. Jonghun took a seat beside her and quietly watched her. “You shouldn’t have hit him.” she told him still bent over. “He shouldn’t have said those things about you.” Jonghun answered back. Suzy sat up & looked at him curiously. “And that is his fault?” she asked him. Jonghun’s mouth fell open. “What are you talking about? That guy insulted you so badly but it’s not his fault?” he demanded.

“You knew about his character & this hasn’t been the first time Nathan has spoken so vulgarly & insulted a model. Why did you get angry now when you closed one eye before?” Suzy wanted to know. Jonghun opened his mouth but closed it when he realised that Suzy was speaking the truth.

Before when Nathan had made lewd remarks about the models Jonghun had laughed it off. He was ashamed to say that in some instances he even agreed with Nathan but when he insulted Suzy.. Jonghun didn’t know why he had gotten so furious at the photographer.

“Because you are..” Jonghun started to speak. Suzy looked at him expectantly. “You are my friend.” Jonghun said finally. He couldn’t find an alternative word for those feelings welling up inside him. “So the women whom you sleep with are orphans? The women whom Nathan makes lewd remarks at that you agree with are orphans too? They all have people who think they are important. Why am I any different? These double standards have got to stop Jonghun.” Suzy spoke with conviction.

Jonghun was silent. Suzy’s words were like a slap to his face. “I will not behave in such a way again. I’m sorry Suzy. It’s my idea that led you to be insulted.” Jonghun apologised to her. Suzy gave him a sad smile. “It’s alright. Now I know what career path NOT to go down in the future. I’m such an epic fail as a model.” She laughed. “You can still laugh after all that? You’re really something else.” Jonghun said admiringly.

“Can you drop me at Hyun Woo oppa’s house Jonghun? He has not been answering my calls or texts. I’m getting really worried about him.” Suzy groaned in frustration when she was greeted with the voicemail answer after trying to contact Hyun Woo. In her haste to complete the photoshoot Suzy had forgotten to worry about Hyun Woo for some hours but now that everything was ruined & over she was starting to worry again.

“What kind of guy doesn’t answer calls from his girlfriend?” Jonghun grumbled. Suzy didn’t answer but agreed with him silently. “Thank you so much Jonghun. I’m sorry for today, for my fail modelling skills and also if I spoke too much.” Suzy jumped out of the car even before Jonghun pulled it to a stop. “Be careful! This girl..” he shook his head in exasperation. Realising that he needed to ask Suzy if she was free in a couple of days to accompany him to view a property Jonghun got out of the car & ran after Suzy.

“Hyun Woo oppa let’s go for ice-cream.” Suzy practiced what she was going to say to Hyun Woo. She would bring up the teeny tiny matter of him standing her up the day before after they both were happily eating ice-cream. Suzy was smiling to herself thinking how cute Hyun Woo would look with vanilla ice-cream smeared across his face when the sight in front of her stopped her in her tracks.

Hyun Woo was standing in the lobby of his apartment holding a cute petite girl’s hands in his. “I promise I will tell her soon.” He was telling her in an incredibly low voice most probably to stop being overheard. “Oppa?” Suzy called out to him & the look on Hyun Woo’s face was enough to chill her to the bone. He looked.. guilty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Thank you guys for your encouraging comments! The comments always make me smile. :P keke.. Hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome! :D Hyun Woo won't exactly be a douchebag.. Or maybe he would. Keep guessing! LOL!