~*TWENTY TWO*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“What happened?” Hongki asked Suzy as she rushed out of Jonghun’s office building close to tears. “Nothing. I don’t know why I bothered going back when I know we will never see eye to eye.” Suzy sighed leaning against Hongki’s sedan. Hongki patted her shoulder comfortingly.

“It’s alright. I’m sure you guys can clear up this misunderstanding soon. I wouldn’t want you to leave Korea with a heavy heart. If you want I can talk to Jonghun.” Hongki volunteered. “No. That won’t be necessary. This is between the two of us. If we cannot solve it ourselves then so be it.” Suzy wiped the tears seeping out of her eyes & climbed into the car.

Hongki observed her silently. She seemed pretty bent on not letting him interfere in her affairs & Hongki respected her privacy but he couldn’t help feeling that Suzy’s feelings for Jonghun were more deeper & intense than she admitted to. Hongki felt his heart sink as the realisation that Suzy might be madly in love with Jonghun formed inside his mind.

“Hongki shi? Is everything fine?” Suzy poked her head out of the window & tapped him on the arm. “Huh? What? Oh no. Nothing is wrong Suzy shi. I’ll be right there.” Hongki told her with a reluctant smile.

Suzy watched the scenery whizz past her as Hongki increased his speed of his sedan on the highway back to her apartment. “Why does he always overreact when I mention Hongki shi? It’s not like I love Hongki shi. Why doesn’t the babo realise that the one I love is..” Suzy’s eyes widened at her own thoughts. She loved Jonghun? Did she really love him?

Suzy wanted to groan in frustration. She wished that one of the angels in heaven that she prayed to would grant her a wish & end the confusion that had rooted itself deeply in Suzy’s heart. “Hongki shi can you pull up at the bookstore after the traffic light? I’ve put in an order for a novel & I want to check if it has arrived. You can leave if you want to.” She told him with a smile.

However Suzy knew before even Hongki replied that he would volunteer to follow her into the bookstore. “He’s too much of a gentleman to leave me here alone or to question me about my feelings for Jonghun.” Suzy thought sadly.

Hongki was a really great guy & it was unfortunate that she couldn’t see him as anything more than a best friend despite him being perfect for her. “Why does the heart always hanker after something that we know is wrong for us?” Suzy shook her head as the philosophical thought flitted across her mind.

Suzy walked up to the counter where the regular cashier was seated. An elderly woman in her 50s with snow white hair & a wizened kindly face and twinkling eyes. “Kim halmoni! How are you?” Suzy greeted the woman with a warm smile. “Suzy you look exhausted. Are you well? You’ve lost weight.” Kim halmoni looked up & down at Suzy with a concerned expression.

“I’ve just been busy halmoni. Has the new Sidney Sheldon novel arrived? I remember putting in an order for that novel a month ago.” Suzy told the woman. Kim halmoni took out a huge black book & started flipping through it. “Ah yes. Jonghun kun was the one who paid for it. He told me to bill all your further purchases to his account.” Kim halmoni told Suzy not understanding the dilemma that she was pushing Suzy further into.

Suzy stared at the record book her eyes on Jonghun’s signature. He might have been an incorrigible womaniser but when it came to tending to her needs & being there for her Suzy couldn’t find faults with Jonghun. “Your novel hasn’t arrived yet Suzy. It’ll probably be here by next week. Would you like me to give you a call when it arrives? Or should I call Jonghun?” Kim halmoni took out a pen & notepad.

Suzy saw Hongki eyeing her questioningly & turned away from his gaze. “You can call me Kim halmoni.” Suzy replied. She heard a throat clear behind her & Suzy found herself face to face with Hyun Woo & So Eun as she turned around.

“Well well well.. What a pleasant surprise.” So Eun’s eyes glittered viciously. Suzy was once again taken aback at how unpleasant So Eun was despite looking so cute & innocent. “This is why you shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover.” Suzy shook her head. “So why are you doing it to Jonghun?” a smaller voice asked her.

Ignoring it Suzy looked at Hyun Woo who had the mirroring expression of a deer being stuck in headlights. “Let’s go Hongki shi.” Suzy told Hongki & started to walk away when So Eun planted herself firmly between Suzy & the entrance. “Wait just a minute Suzy. I want you to hear about our wedding that is going to be held in a week’s time.” So Eun said in a smug tone.

Suzy raised her eyebrows in interest. “Yes. It’s going to be held at the Hilton ballroom & we’re inviting over 500 important bigwigs to it. It’s going to be a memorable day right Woo baby?” So Eun simpered. Resisting the urge to throw up all over So Eun’s shiny Gucci heels Suzy merely gave her a sickening smile.

“How about you? Are you still using friendship as an excuse to screw around with that womanising Playboy?” So Eun quipped obviously talking about Jonghun. “That I’m afraid is none of your business.” Suzy answered quietly.

“Oh please. Hyun Woo oppa told me all about the ambiguous relationship you share with that guy. I wouldn’t be surprised if you were screwing him & cheating on my Woo baby at the same time.” So Eun continued. Hongki opened his mouth to argue back but Suzy stopped him. “This is my problem Hongki shi. Please don’t get involved.” She told him calmly.

“Aren’t you going to say anything?” Suzy asked Hyun Woo. He didn’t even meet her eyes & stared at the ground looking embarrassed. “Why are you talking him? Talk to me.” So Eun walked up to Suzy threateningly. “You still haven’t answered my question yet. Judging from your reluctance I supposed that guy was your buddy.” So Eun smirked.

“Don’t you dare say a word against Jonghun. Your beef is with me for whatever reason but don’t you drag in Jonghun into this problem.” Suzy stared down at So Eun. “Why are you getting so worked up?” So Eun demanded.

“Because Jonghun is TWICE the man Lee Hyun Woo will ever be. He’s not a coward who abandoned me without a word or warning. He’s always been there for me whenever I needed him without me even asking. He might be a womaniser but he has never touched me without my permission. Jonghun is a gentleman with a personality far far more superior than your husband to-be. Trust me. I’ve been his girlfriend for more than half a decade. If Lee Hyun Woo can toss me aside for you then he’ll toss YOU aside in no time for a wealthier woman. Watch your back So Eun. One more word about my relationship with Jonghun or his character & I’ll disfigure you before your wedding day.” Suzy gave So Eun the fakest smile she could muster & stalked out of the bookstore her head held high.

“I’ve honestly never seen a more audacious woman.” So Eun fumed watching Suzy leaving with the guy she was with. “I told you to leave her alone.” Hyun Woo muttered under his breath.

Hongki watched Suzy swat away the pesky girl So Eun like she was nothing more than a mere fly & whistled in admiration. That girl was indeed something else. Usually if two women fought it would end up in a catfight with all the claws coming out & blood being spilled. In that fight however the claws did come out but Suzy ripped So Eun to shreds without spilling a drop of blood or losing her cool.

His admiration for Suzy’s ability to own her enemies aside Hongki was more aware of what she had said to So Eun. Suzy had defended Jonghun & his character vehemently. “She probably wouldn’t have gotten angry if So Eun had insulted her but she got so pissed off when So Eun talked ill about Jonghun. Guess she really does love him.” The disappointment washing over Hongki made him pause for a while.

He wasn’t the type to stand in the way of a couple in love but at the same time he wasn’t about to give up on his feelings for Suzy so easily. After a long time Hongki had found a girl who could understand him completely & he wasn’t about to let her go without a fight.

“I wish I hadn’t gone to the bookstore. As if I’m not even stressed enough I’ve to meet that vicious viper So Eun.” Suzy grumbled while searching her handbag for a powdered oil blotter. Her face felt exhausted & oily & Suzy knew that she in dire need of some touching up.

“I always can’t find the damn oil blotters when I need one.” Suzy groaned as her fingers grasped everything but the pack of oil blotters. However her fingers closed on something small, hard and cold while searching the bottom of the bag. “What’s this?” Suzy dug deeper until her hand closed around a ring. Suzy took it out & examined it carefully. It was a familiar looking ring.

“Isn’t this..” Suzy’w mind wandered back to when she had gotten the ring. After a couple of moments of jogging her memory Suzy finally remembered where she had gotten the ring. It was Jonghun’s ring. Or more accurately it was the ring of Jonghun’s mother given to Suzy by Jonghun as a good luck charm.

“He had actually given it to me to wish me luck for the marriage proposal by Hyun Woo. He gave this to me even though it was his own good luck charm.” Suzy’s hand tightened around the ring. She opened her hands once again & found the ring twinkling up at her as if tempting her to give Jonghun & her a shot.

“What is the worst thing that could happen Bae Suzy? Your heart will get broken. But do you really think that Jonghun would do such a thing? Would he really hurt you?” Suzy asked herself. Suzy shut her eyes & thought over the answer to the question honestly. “No.” she said aloud her eyes fluttering open.

“No? No what?” Hongki’s voice sounded beside her. “Hongki shi.. Please drive me to Jonghun’s mansion. I’ll give you the address. I need to discuss something with him.” Suzy told Hongki. Even though he looked hesitant Hongki didn’t protest. With a resigned sigh he began to drive towards Jonghun’s mansion.

Jonghun buried his face into Hyuna’s hair as she embraced him fiercely. It had been a long time since Jonghun was that enthusiastic about even being in the same bedroom as her. “Why are you so enthusiastic today? You even called me over in the middle of the afternoon. Usually our shenanigans are reserved for the night.” Hyuna giggled playfully as Jonghun kissed her passionately.

“Not today. I need to get my mind off some things & what better way for me to do it than spending some alone time with you my hot pot?” Jonghun whispered. “Well I’m glad you’re finally thinking about me. I’ve been fighting tooth & nail for your attention & now I’ve got it!” Hyuna sighed blissfully feeling Jonghun’s lips travelling up the length of her neck.

“Actually I’ve been thinking about what you said before. About being my girlfriend.” Jonghun turned Hyuna towards him. “Yes?” Hyuna’s eyes shone with anticipation. “Kim Hyuna would you be my girlfriend?” Jonghun asked her. Hyuna felt as though someone had given her a free ticket to the moon.

“Yes! Oh my god! Yes!” Hyuna returned Jonghun’s kisses passionately trying not to think about the fact that the only reason Jonghun was with her was probably to get over Suzy but Hyuna wasn’t picky with how she got Jonghun. She was with him at that moment that was all mattered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note : I see there are mixed feelings about whose side the readers are on. Jonghun or Suzy? Hehe.. ;P Well that was exactly my intention. My lead characters will never be perfect. You will dislike them at some point but you’ll fall in love with them all over again at the end of the story. Or at least I hope so. LOL!

Anyways I hope you guys don’t mind another chapter. Comments & feedback are welcome! :D I told you guys that there will be more drama regarding Hyun Woo. I needed him for this particular chapter to help Suzy realise the level of respect she has for Jonghun. :) Sorry for the lack of Jonghun in this chapter, it was necessary for me to focus more on Suzy this time around. And there will be more drama in the next chapter & a couple of surprise characters! Do look out for them! :D