~*TWENTY THREE*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

Suzy’s eyes once again watched the scenery going past her at lightning speed but this time around she felt much happier. The ring sat in the palm of her hand & Suzy looked down at it with a smile. After arguing with So Eun she now knew that Jonghun had indeed been there for her at every instance without her even asking him to. When she had problems he was the first person who would show up & stay with her till her troubles were solved.

“Maybe I was wrong about you babo. Maybe that is why I don’t have the heart to leave either.” Suzy sighed. “Suzy shi? Suzy shi?” Hongki tapped her arm. Suzy looked around & found that they had already reached Jonghun’s mansion. “Oh thank you Hongki shi. You don’t have to wait for me.” Suzy told him with a smile. “It’s no problem. I’ll wait for you.” Hongki answered his gaze steady.

Suzy wondered for the countless time why she wasn’t attracted to Hongki. “I guess the heart wants what the heart wants.” Suzy turned towards the mansion & quickly walked up the pathway that was blooming with begonias. “These were the flowers that I suggested to him.” Suzy smiled once again as she recalled fighting with Jonghun over which were better begonias or hibiscuses.

Still holding the ring in her hand Suzy knocked on the door of Jonghun’s mansion. She frowned in annoyance when no one answered the door even after ten minutes of knocking on it insistently. “I see his car. He should be home.” Suzy tried to peek into the open living room window but only saw the house shrouded in darkness.

“I’ll try one last time.” Suzy knocked on the door using all her strength. She heard the shuffling of footsteps & the door was pulled open suddenly. Suzy’s heart sank when she saw Hyuna standing in the doorway wearing the Pierre Cardin silk shirt Suzy had gifted to Jonghun for his birthday.

Suzy didn’t know which was worse.. The fact that Hyuna was wearing nothing else but the shirt or the smug smirk on her pretty face. “Well hello Suzy. What a surprise. What are you doing here?” Hyuna asked even though it was obvious to her that Suzy was there to see Jonghun. “I’m here to meet Jonghun. He is in right?” Suzy asked.

Hyuna smiled. “Oh he’s in alright. Let me wake him up. He’s rather tired. Take a seat & I’ll call him.” Hyuna sauntered into the bedroom making sure to give Suzy the full view of her svelte figure. “Too bad I ain’t a lesbian.” Suzy rolled her eyes. She knew Hyuna didn’t like her & she was fine with it. “So Jonghun called her after we fought?” Suzy bit her lip.

Judging from the state Hyuna was in Jonghun & her had already slept together again. “Suzy?” Jonghun walked out of the bedroom wearing only his jeans. Suzy saw the lipstick marks on his neck & face and winced inwardly. “Jonghun.. I.. I wanted to talk to you about something.” Suzy sat up straight as Jonghun took a seat in front of her. “That’s funny. I wanted to talk to you about something too.” He told her seriously. “You wanted to talk to me?” Suzy was confused.

“Yes. It’s about us. You were right Suzy. We both aren’t right for each other. You said I would be miserable with you.. I’m starting to think it’s true.” Jonghun spoke. Suzy froze. “So I’ve decided to just forget about whatever happened between us. I’ve asked Hyuna to be my girlfriend.” Jonghun continued. “You asked Hyuna to be your girlfriend?” Suzy repeated blankly.

“Yes. You were the one who told me that I should try to date one girl for a month and then try to make her life partner. Hyuna is perfect for me. She understands my lifestyle, my personality and we won’t fight at all.” Jonghun smiled not noticing the sadness in Suzy’s eyes. “Jonghun.. listen I..” Suzy started to speak but Jonghun cut her off. He wouldn’t be able to take anymore if Suzy started talking about Lee Hongki & how happy she was with him.

Jonghun wanted to forget all the heartache & misery he had been going through since he realised that he was in love with the wrong woman. “I know what you’re going to say Suzy. I know why you came here too. We have been friends for so long & you don’t want to leave Korea fighting with me because you wouldn’t have peace of mind.” Jonghun answered quickly.

Suzy’s eyes were fixed on the coffee table. She was at a loss at what to do. On one hand she was rather glad that Jonghun was finally wishing for a steady girlfriend but on the other hand she was disappointed that the woman wasn’t her.

“Come on Bae Suzy.. You’re leaving Korea in a month’s time. It’ll be selfish to lead Jonghun on. He’s better off with Hyuna. You yourself said she is perfect for him.” Suzy told herself, trying to convince her aching heart that it was all for good.

It was a good thing that Jonghun had spoken first before her. He deserved to be happy & if he was happy with Hyuna Suzy wasn’t going to stand in the way. After all she was the one who had pushed Jonghun away at first. “So why are you here?” Jonghun asked her after he saw Suzy’s downcast expression.

“I came to thank you for submitting my name to the university & also being a good friend to me. I’m sorry for fighting with you. I also came to return you this.” Suzy held out the ring to Jonghun. He gazed at it for a moment & then took it from her. “My mother’s ring. I totally forgot that I had given it to you.” Jonghun looked at Suzy. “You gave it to me as a good luck charm & I thought you deserved it back since I’m going to leave.” Suzy’s voice trembled.

Jonghun looked at her closely. Suzy almost seemed to be on the verge of tears. Why was she looking hurt that he had asked Hyuna to be his girlfriend? “Um. Thank you Suzy for this.” Jonghun told her his voice gentle. She nodded. Jonghun was about to ask Suzy if she already had her dinner when Hyuna came slinking out of the bedroom in a barely there babydoll nightie.

“Jonghun honey.. Are you done talking?” she walked over & planted herself on the arm of Jonghun’s chair. He looked up at her with a small smile. “I should be going now.” Suzy stood up getting the hint from the pointed way Hyuna was ignoring her. “Come.. Let’s have a bubble bath.” Hyuna wrapped her arms around Jonghun’s waist & stared at Suzy through lowered eyes. Jonghun opened his mouth to say something to Suzy but stopped himself.

Suzy’s face fell as she realised that Jonghun was serious about being with Hyuna. “Bye Jonghun.” Suzy turned away before Jonghun could see the tears that were already threatening to slip down her cheeks & give her away.

“Suzy wait..” Jonghun realised that she was upset & took a step towards her when Hyuna’s arms tightened their grasp on his waist. “Let her leave baby. We’ve got more important stuff to do.” she purred into his ear.

Suzy wiped her tears before anyone could see them. Now she knew how Jonghun must have felt when she rejected him & hurt his feelings. When you liked someone it was painful to see them with another person especially if they seemed happy. “He deserves to be happy.” Suzy glanced back at the mansion & almost lost her balance as she was climbing down the stairway.

To her surprise a pair of strong arms caught her & Suzy found herself looking into the concerned eyes of Lee Hongki. “Let’s go have some biscotti.” He said kindly. Unable to hold back her tears any longer Suzy wrapped her arms around his neck & sobbed quietly. “Don’t cry Suzy. You don’t look pretty when you cry.” Hongki soothed her earning a chuckle in return through the tears.

“You always know what to say.” She moved back & gave him a watery smile. “That I do. Come now..” Hongki held out his hand. Suzy took it & they both walked back to the car. Suzy had already come to terms that she & Hongki would be nothing more than friends and from the looks of it so had Hongki. The couple were just about to leave when a sleek Silver Mercedes drove up to the pathway.

“Looks like Jonghun is pretty popular. He gets guests every hour.” Hongki shook his head. Suzy however looked at couple climbing out of the Mercedes. There was something oddly familiar about them. The elderly woman dressed impeccably in a grey suit with a matching set of pearls stopped talking to her husband & returned Suzy’s gaze.

Realisation seemed to dawn in her dark brown eyes as she quickly strolled towards Suzy. “Suzy? You’re Bae Suzy right?” she asked Suzy her eyes sparkling. “Yes I am. I’m sorry.. I can’t recognise you.” Suzy apologised. “Oh you haven’t met us yet but we’ve heard all about you. I’m Jonghun’s mother.” Mrs Choi hugged Suzy lightly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note : Once again a big thank you to all my readers for always leaving me such encouraging comments! <3 I hope this chapter was good! Comments & feedback are welcome as always! :D

One more thing..

zackkira of AFF/kira14374 of Youtube has made me a downright gorgeous trailer for this fanfic! Please watch it and give her your support! The foreword section has also been updated with the trailer so you guys can watch it whenever you feel like it!