~*SIX*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

Suzy felt Jonghun’s grasp around her shoulders tighten protectively & she closed her eyes taking in the clean scent of his pressed silk shirt. She knew that her tears were probably ruining Jonghun’s silk shirt but he didn’t utter a word of protest & merely stood there until she had calmed herself.

“Thank you Jonghun. If you had left..” Suzy shivered at the thought of being stuck in the dingy elevator until the next morning. “Ssh.. Stop talking about that & relax.” Jonghun whispered to her.

Suzy heaved a depressed sigh & pulled away from his embrace. “I must look like a complete mess. How can I meet Hyun Woo oppa like this? Would he still be waiting?” Suzy wondered not noticing the light dimming behind Jonghun’s eyes.

“She likes that idiot so much that even after she goes through a harrowing experience his name is the first name that comes out of .” Jonghun felt a flash of irritation wash over his body. “Do you want me to call him & cancel your date?” Jonghun asked taking out his phone.

“No, that’s alright. I will call him myself.” Suzy reached into Jonghun’s pocket & fished out her phone. “He’s not answering the phone..” she told Jonghun sadly after unsuccessfully attempting to call Hyun Woo for more than three consecutive times. “Then we should get you cleaned up & have dinner together.” Jonghun answered as if it was the most normal thing to do.

Suzy bit her bottom lip. What was she supposed to do? Her heart wanted to call Hyun Woo & wait for him till he answered her calls but a part of her was already too exhausted. “Maybe today isn’t a good day for a marriage proposal. I don’t think I’m in the mood to accept it either.” Suzy told Jonghun.

“I tell you what.. let’s go up to the restaurant. We’ll get you cleaned up there.” Jonghun said a dark expression taking over his features. “What do you mean? You still want to go up to the restaurant?” Suzy looked puzzled.

“I need to have a word with the manager & maybe Hyun Woo is already waiting there but didn’t notice his phone ringing.” Jonghun told Suzy & led her up the stairs. Not understanding his actions Suzy merely followed Jonghun up the stairs to the restaurant.

“Welcome Mr Choi & Miss Bae!” the manager came rushing up to the couple to welcome them. His smile faded slightly when he saw how messy both of them looked. “Is everything alright sir?” he asked Jonghun. “I’m going to sue your restaurant Mr Kim.” Jonghun answered calmly. Manager Kim looked flabbergasted at that sudden revelation & waited for Jonghun to continue speaking.

“Suzy was stuck in the elevator after a power shortage in the carpark basement.” Jonghun’s voice grew louder. A few patrons turned to stare at the trio & manager Kim sank even deeper into his shoes. “I’m really sorry for the inconvenience Miss Bae. Are you alright now?” Manager Kim directed his question at Suzy. She nodded mutely.

“Well she is because fortunately I still hadn’t left yet. What if something had happened to her? Suzy might be nice enough to let this matter go but not me. I will take your establishment to court for having such poorly maintained lifts. You call yourself a four star restaurant when you cannot even maintain your carpark properly.” Jonghun scoffed.

Suzy felt bad for the manager as he cowered under Jonghun’s furious gaze. Jonghun was at least two feet taller than Manager Kim and with his attitude the manager looked like he was only a foot tall. “It’s alright Jonghun. Let it go. Manager Kim did you see my Hyun Woo oppa? Has he shown up yet?” Suzy peered over the manager’s shoulder into the throngs of patrons sitting inside the restaurant.

“I’m sorry Miss Bae but Mr Lee will not be showing up today. He called to cancel the reservation an hour ago. He didn’t inform you of it?” Manager Kim asked Suzy. Feeling as if she had been drenched by a bucket of icy cold water Suzy froze on the spot.

So it meant that even if the elevator hadn’t broken down Hyun Woo would have stood her up. He had cancelled the reservation for their dinner date & hadn’t even bothered to inform her. “He cancelled the reservation?” Suzy’s soft voice echoed with disappointment.

“That jerk.. He stood her up. To think he was telling me that he wanted to propose to her & marry her as soon as possible.” The blood rushed to Jonghun’s head as he thought of Hyun Woo & his attitude. Sneaking a peek at Suzy Jonghun felt his heart sink as he saw her eyes sparkle with sadness. She had even cried about breaking the dinner date when he rescued her from the elevator.

“Manager Kim I’m still leaning towards suing your restaurant. You will hear from my lawyer soon.” Jonghun told the manager sternly. Manager Kim had no choice but to nod in frustration. Before the couple left the restaurant Manager Kim rushed to hand Suzy some free vouchers with no expiry dates.

“Please tell me you are not serious about suing the restaurant.” Suzy asked Jonghun when they both were out of earshot. “Not really but maybe now Manager Kim will stop stinging on renovations for the carpark & repair that rickety old fossil they call a lift.” Jonghun told Suzy with a smile but saw that she didn’t return it.

“I’m sorry Suzy. I’m really sorry that you are having such a bad day. How can that Lee Hyun Woo stand you up like that?” Jonghun looked outraged. Suzy shook her head. “I don’t want to talk about it. Wait.. what’s that?” Suzy pointed at the crimson stain on his shirt sleeve.  “Is that blood?” her eyes widened in shock.

Jonghun looked down & saw that she was right. Folding up his sleeve Jonghun found a small gash on his lower arm near his wrist. “How did you get hurt?” Suzy asked observing the wound. “I think I got scratched when I was climbing the ladder up to the elevator shaft. Never mind.. It’s just a scratch. Nothing serious.” Jonghun shrugged it off.

“Don’t be daft. What if it was infectious? Wonder if you need a shot.” Suzy spoke to herself. Jonghun snorted. “Are you a mother hen now?” he trying to lighten her mood. “Stop your nonsense Choi Jonghun. Do you have a first-aid box?” Suzy asked. Jonghun pointed to the boot of the Ferrari. Suzy threw it open & grabbed the first-aid box.

“Fold up your sleeve & keep quiet.” Suzy instructed. Jonghun did her bidding without protest. “I was already worried when I saw you up on the elevator shaft. Thank goodness you didn’t fall but you got scratched. It’s all because of me.” Jonghun felt two tears drop onto his wrist. Suzy was crying again, this time around it was because of him.

“Suzy yah.. why are you crying? It’s just a scratch.” Jonghun told her softly. He hated seeing women cry especially if it was someone who meant a lot to him like Suzy. “I’m so unlucky. I’m trouble for everyone around me.” Suzy dabbed Jonghun’s wound with antiseptic liquid and started bandaging it.

“YAH BAE SUZY!” Jonghun raised his voice. She stopped bandaging his wound & looked up. “I want you to stop blaming yourself for everything. My accident had nothing to do with you being unlucky or trouble for me. Lee Hyun Woo standing you up? Well I’ll deal with him later but right now I want you to stop crying.” Jonghun said firmly.

Suzy blinked at him. She had never seen Jonghun raise his voice that way. He was always so sauve & cool. That was the first time she had ever seen him getting so emotional towards her.

“I guess you are right. Well it’s all done. Can you drop me back home Jonghun? I’d like to get some rest since my outfit is already ruined.” Suzy stared down at her crumpled white dress & tried to tuck in some stray strands of hair back into her windblown messy bun. “I have a better idea.” Jonghun answered his eyes fixated on Suzy’s profile.

“This is your better idea?” Suzy laughed when Jonghun brought in two big boxes of pizza into his living room where Suzy was seated on her favourite fat plush cushion. After telling her that he would make up for her bad evening Jonghun had driven himself & Suzy to his home where he ordered two extra large pizzas with all of Suzy’s favourite toppings.

Out of the crumpled dress & in her comfortable jeans and sweater Suzy had already started cheering up. “Your favourite cream pasta pizza. I asked the chef at Hilton hotel to specially prepare it for you.” Jonghun opened up the box & revealed a steaming fragrant hot pizza to Suzy.

“Aw.. You ordered it especially for me? I must be the first person in Korea to have cream pasta flavoured pizza. I wouldn’t have been able to afford this even if I worked for ten years.” Suzy cut herself a large piece of the pie & started eating ravenously.

“Well then you should thank your lucky stars that you’ve got a friend like me to treat you to specially made cream pasta pizza.” Jonghun helped himself to a slice while his eyes watched Suzy’s content smile as she chewed the pizza.

“Actually she looks pretty beautiful even when she’s not all dolled up.” He realised that Suzy’s beauty was the kind that shone the most in the simplest of attires. “What are you looking at?” Suzy snapped her fingers in front of Jonghun. “Nothing. I was just thinking that you look pretty even in your normal boring clothes.” Jonghun said honestly.

Suzy snorted into her pizza. “Are you trying to flatter me & cheer me up? Fine. I’ll entertain your crazy notions tonight.” Suzy smiled. “It’s the truth. In fact I just realised that I would actually date you given a chance.” Jonghun watched Suzy’s reaction carefully. She stopped eating & met his eyes, her own eyes holding a question.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Oh my god! You guys are amazing! I got 6 subscribers with my last update & such nice comments being left on the comments section & on my page as well. Thank you so much to all my readers! <3 Hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are more than welcome! :D