~*FORTY THREE*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“Firstly Suzy I’m really disappointed in you. How can you even think about cheating on Hyun Woo?” Mr Bae clucked his tongue. “Appa.. Hyun Woo oppa is engaged to another woman now. He is going to marry her soon. He dumped me aside because So Eun was wealthier than our family. He is the one who cheated on me first.” Suzy cried out.

It was bad enough that her father was disappointed in her but he was also under the impression that she had cheated on Hyun Woo when it was the other way around.

“Wait a second.. What? Hyun Woo cheated on you? Why didn’t you tell us?” Mrs Bae gasped clutching her heart. “Because I know you guys would take the first bus to Seoul & kick Hyun Woo oppa’s . Yeah I’m talking to you Su Geun.” Suzy shot a warning look at her brother whose fists were clenched into tight balls.

“I’m going to kill that bastard!” Su Geun glowered. He & Suzy had their own fair share of sibling rivalry but when it came to standing up for his big sister Su Geun would put down his life for her. “Stop it Su Geun! Suzy explain.” Mr Bae silenced his son.

Suzy sighed & then related everything to her family. “So he cheated on you & you just let him? That boy deserves two tight slaps.” Mrs Bae’s cheeks were flushed pink with anger. “Maybe there is still a chance for reconciliation. Let me speak to Hyun Woo & see if he’ll change his mind.” Mr Bae stood up & walked towards the door. Suzy ran to the door before her father could reach it.

“NO! I’m over Hyun Woo oppa. I don’t want to reconcile with him. It will only give him another opportunity for him to cheat on me. Don’t you think I deserve better than that Appa?” Suzy pleaded with her father tears streaming freely down her cheeks.

Mr Bae stared at Suzy for a long while before his shoulders slumped in resignation. “I thought Hyun Woo was the perfect son in-law for our family.” He sat back on the couch with his head in his hands.

“He wasn’t Appa. He broke my heart.” Suzy walked back to where Jonghun was waiting for her. He took her hand in his & squeezed it comfortingly. “So to get over your heartbreak you hooked up with your playboy best friend?” Mr Bae looked up & narrowed his eyes at Jonghun.

“Appa.. Jonghun is not a rebound for me if that is what you mean. He truly loves me.” Suzy looked at Jonghun who in turn flashed her a grateful smile. “He is a womaniser. How sincere can he be with a woman?” Mrs Bae tapped her foot on the carpet.

“That was before I started having feelings for Suzy, Mrs Bae. I admit I was a womaniser before but not anymore. I’ve changed all thanks to your daughter.” Jonghun spoke for the first time since he met Suzy’s family.

He didn’t feel it was his place to interfere in their personal matters but now since the focus was on him he had to speak up for himself & his love for Suzy.

“But isn’t noona leaving for London in a month’s time? How can you expect a long distance relationship to last?” Su Geun questioned still looking rather annoyed. “Well we actually have a contract relationship.” Jonghun blurted out before Suzy could stop him.

“WHAT??” Suzy’s parents & Su Geun screamed in unison. “Now he’s done it.” Suzy groaned inwardly. “A contract relationship? What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Su Geun’s eyes were wide with surprise.

“It means after one month we won’t be a couple anymore.” Suzy admitted hearing both her parents gasp. “And you tell me that this isn’t a rebound relationship?” Mr Bae demanded. “It is not! I..I..” Suzy stammered trying to find an apt word to describe her relationship with Jonghun.

“And you were about to sleep with him despite you both having only a one month contract relationship?” Mrs Bae looked as if she was about to faint. “You. Me. Outside.” Mr Bae pointed at Jonghun & stormed out of the front door. “No.. Appa please listen!” Suzy called after him but Jonghun stopped her.

“Don’t. This is my chance to explain how much you mean to me to your father.” Jonghun touched Suzy’s cheek before he followed Mr Bae out. “Ooh.. This is going to be good.” Su Geun stood up as well but Mrs Bae smacked his head. “Didn’t you hear your father? You never got an invite so sit down & shut up.” She growled at her son.

Su Guen obeyed instantly. His mother was about as adorable as a mountain troll when she was mad. “You. Me. In the kitchen.” Mrs Bae repeated her husband’s words to her daughter.

“Boy you’re in trouble..” Su Geun shook his head sagely & yelped as Suzy boxed his head. Taking one last look at the front door Suzy shuffled into the kitchen dragging her two feet.

“How many women have you slept with before my daughter?” Mr Bae demanded the instant Jonghun shut the door behind him. Jonghun stared at the ground ashamed. He would give Mr Bae the exact number of women he had slept with before Suzy but the man wasn’t going to like it.

“Too many to name eh? And yet you can still proclaim that you love my daughter?” Mr Bae crossed his arms across his chest. Jonghun could sense that the man was trying his best to keep his temper in check.

“I guess if I was a father I wouldn’t want my daughter to date a man like me either.” Jonghun answered his head hanging in shame. “I’m glad you acknowledge that. So kindly stay away from my daughter. I’ve never liked Suzy hanging around you & now even more so since you’ve supposedly become her boyfriend. For a MONTH.” Mr Bae seemed utterly disgusted at the thought.

“No Mr Bae.. Listen!” Jonghun tried to explain himself but Mr Bae wasn’t in the mood to hear his side of the story. “I don’t want you to see Suzy anymore. Consider this my most civil warning.” Mr Bae slammed the front door in Jonghun’s face shattering whatever little hope he had in convincing Suzy’s father into smithereens.

“What are you doing young lady? I mean we let you live in Seoul alone because we trusted you but you..” Mrs Bae grabbed an ice pack from the fridge & smacked it on her forehead. “Come on Omma! At least don’t act so hard-headed like Appa!” Suzy groaned plopping down in front of her mother.

“Hard-headed?” her mother raised her eyebrows. “Yes. Hard-headed. Why can’t you both understand that I’m now old enough to take care of myself? You guys treated Jonghun like a criminal when he’s been there for me when I needed him the most.” Suzy slammed her hand onto the table.

“You only have a month long relationship with that guy and you would speak out against your parents for him?” Mrs Bae gasped. “Omma! Why can’t you understand? I love you, Appa and Su Geun to death but you have to let me live my life on my own terms.” Suzy lowered her voice.

“So you would have no ties with that guy after one month? But you told us he loved you?” Mrs Bae threw the ice pack into the sink & met her daughter’s eyes questioningly. “He does love me. He loves me so much.” Suzy’s eyes softened at the mention of Jonghun. An action that didn’t go unnoticed with her mother.

“And how about you? Do you love him?” Mrs Bae asked. Suzy gazed at the table not answering the question. She was afraid to admit it. She was afraid to admit that she might as well be in love with Jonghun as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : I hope this chapter was good! :D Comments & suggestions are welcome! :D