~*TWENTY SEVEN*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“You’re an amazing dancer!” Suzy nodded with approval spotting Hongki pulling all sorts of unique hilarious moves on the dance floor. To be honest he was attracting a lot of attention for his dancing from the other patrons. “Are you kidding me? I probably look like a chimpanzee doing the disco.” Hongki continued dancing asking Suzy to join him.

Suzy looked around & saw some of the patrons following Hongki’s monkey dance & snorted out loud. “You have fans!” Suzy pointed to the people milling around them. Hongki pumped his fist up into the air doing a victory dance. Suzy watched him smiling at his silliness. When Hongki let loose he went all the way.

However as the dance floor got crowded Suzy started feeling rather suffocated. “I’m going to the washroom.” She yelled over the music. Hongki gave her the thumbs up sign & pulled an elderly lady to dance with him. Jostling past the writhing bodies on the dance floor Suzy finally heaved a sigh of relief when she was out of the crowd.

She looked around & found Jonghun’s parents chatting happily hand in hand. Jonghun was nowhere to be seen while Hyuna was dancing enthusiastically with Dino. “She sure got over her anger at Jonghun quickly.” Suzy raised her brows as she spotted Hyuna putting her arm around Dion’s shoulders to pull him closer to her.

Suzy was watching Hyuna & Dino so intently that she didn’t notice the pillar in front of her until she crashed into it. She let out a soft yelp as the stone pillar collided with her forehead. “Damn it!” she cursed rubbing the sore spot vigorously. It felt like her skull had just been cracked open.

As she was rubbing the sore spot on her forehead that had formed into a large bump Suzy spotted a fountain show happening outside the restaurant. “I forgot they have nightly fountain shows.” Her curiosity piqued Suzy headed pushed open the doors of the restaurant and headed out to the fountain instead of the restroom as she had previously planned.

Suzy looked around & was quite surprised to find that there were only about ten other people watching the fountain show along with her. “Funny.. I thought there would be more people admiring this..” Suzy said out aloud. “That’s because they can admire it from their rooms.” A voice said beside Suzy. She turned to find Jonghun standing beside her his eyes focused into the distance.

“Really? And you would know that how?” Suzy asked. “I’ve admired enough fountain shows in this hotel from their penthouse suite with a beautiful woman in my arms.” Jonghun answered tonelessly. Suzy didn’t answer. “I should have known.” She said after a moment’s silence. “Yeah keep judging me.” Jonghun retorted.

“What? I’m not judging you! You told me that you have been here admiring the fountain show from the penthouse suite with a beautiful woman in your arms YOURSELF!” Suzy’s voice rose. The others watching the show turned to them curiously & started whispering to each other.

“Yes. Alright. I told that to you myself. I’m a womaniser who sleeps with a different woman every night. I’m not good enough for you. I was never good enough for you. You prefer douchebags who acts all gentlemanly & break your bloody heart after years of screwing with your feelings!” Jonghun yelled. Suzy’s lips trembled with the exertion of not bursting into tears in front of Jonghun & the other people watching them.

“What are you talking about? I never said you were not good enough for me.” Suzy answered quietly. “You didn’t say that aloud but you sure proved it Bae Suzy by not even bothering to inform me that you are going to leave me personally.” Jonghun shouted. That time around every single person within earshot had stopped in their tracks & was openly gaping at Jonghun & Suzy.

“You make it sound like we were a couple & I dumped you to further my career.” Suzy accused. Jonghun sighed. “You didn’t dump me to further your career. You didn’t even acknowledge my feelings for you when I practically put them up in a billboard in the centre of Seoul. You are vicious Bae Suzy. No one asked you to tag along for my family dinner today. Even if my parents asked you where was your common sense? Thank you for ruining my evening.” Jonghun his heels & strode back into the restaurant slamming the door as hard as he could muster behind him.

The tears had already started & they wouldn’t stop no matter how much Suzy consoled herself. “I only wanted to watch the fountain show. Why does everything have to end up being so dramatic? He told me that he is moving on with his life yet he belittles me for not acknowledging his feelings. Why can’t you just move on with your life like you told me Choi Jonghun? Why do you still love me so much & cause yourself pain?” Suzy stared at the bursts of neon colours emitting from the fountain as the jets of water curved neatly into perfect arcs and landed into the paved granite basin.

Her anger at Jonghun quickly faded as the realisation of the truth behind his words hit her. It had been sort of her fault. She had agreed to tag along with Jonghun’s parents despite Hongki’s warnings because she felt obliged to not refuse them and now.. Jonghun had told her that she ruined his evening by being there.

“Maybe it’s time to leave Jonghun & his family alone for good.” Suzy wiped her eyes & nodded determinedly. Watching the fountain show end in a sparkled of vibrant colours Suzy walked back into the restaurant her heart aching with the results of what she was about to do. “It has to be done Bae Suzy. Be strong.” Suzy told herself again heading towards Hongki who was grooving out on the dance floor.

“You’re a beast on the dance floor. How long have you been dancing?” Hyuna asked with admiration watching Dino bring his funk onto the dance floor. “Ever since I was a child I’ve always had a passion for dancing.” Dino answered. “You dance as well as you cook. Your parents should be proud to have a multi-talented son like you.” Hyuna smiled as Dino pulled her to him moving ily along to the rhythm of the music.

“They are. After all there is only one of me in this world.” Dino whispered to Hyuna. “Are you coming onto me?” Hyuna smacked his hand away when Dino mischievously placed it on her . “Not really.. I know you are Jonghun’s property but something tells me that it’s not all unicorns & rainbows in your relationship with him.” Dino stopped dancing at looked at Hyuna.

She gazed back into his understanding eyes & felt a sudden warmth on her cheeks. She was crying. “Hey.. Are you okay? You’re crying?” Dino held out a finger & wiped the tears from Hyuna’s eyes. “I love him so deeply but he.. his heart belongs to another. I’ve come to terms that I can never be the woman who makes his heart race but I still cannot bring myself to give up on him. Especially since Jonghun wanted to give us another shot.” Hyuna sniffled into Dino’s shoulder.

“You know sometimes the best way to prove your love to someone would be to let them go. If they really belong to you they’ll come back to you. Now this might sound like a movie dialogue but it’s true.” Dino smiled at Hyuna tenderly. “Just know that if you want someone to talk to you can come to me.

The doors of this restaurant are open to you any day, any time.” Dino put two fingers to his lips & kissed it, with one final smile at Hyuna he put the fingers on her lips & walked away without looking back leaving Hyuna standing there seemingly shell shocked.

“Hongki shi..” Hongki found someone tapping him in the midst of his dancing & found Suzy standing behind him looking rather distraught. “Hongki shi I would like to leave now.” She told him her eyes betraying her real emotions. Hongki instantly stopped dancing & took a step towards Suzy.

“He hurt you again didn’t he?” Hongki sighed when Suzy avoided his gaze. “It’s my fault. I shouldn’t be here. Can you drop me home?” Suzy asked him softly. “Come on then.” Hongki held out his hand to her. Suzy took it & Hongki led her away from the dance floor quickly.

“Mr & Mrs Choi? I will be leaving now. Thank you so much for treating me & Hongki to dinner. It was very nice meeting you both.” Suzy went over to say goodbye to Jonghun’s parents. Jonghun however sat beside him with a stony expression not even glancing in Suzy’s direction.

“What? You’re leaving? I thought we could spend a little more time getting to know each other. When can we see you again?” Mrs Choi hugged Suzy tightly. “I think I will be busy packing for my trip to London Mrs Choi. I shall come & visit you & Mr Choi when I’m free.” Suzy answered careful not to promise Jonghun’s mother that she would definitely come to meet her.

She knew that Jonghun didn’t want her close to his family & decided to respect his wishes. “What?! Does that mean that you won’t visit us anymore? Jonghun’s father is having his 50th birthday in 2 days. We really want you to attend the party. Can’t you at least do that for us before you leave?” Mrs Choi’s voice was expectant.

Suzy was at a loss of how to react. She wanted nothing more than to attend Mr Choi’s birthday party & make Jonghun’s parents happy but on the other hand how could she attend the party when Jonghun didn’t want her there? “Honey.. Is there something wrong?” Mrs Choi touched Suzy’s arm when she noticed the disturbed expression on Suzy’s face.

“I’m fine Mrs Choi. I would really love to attend Mr Choi’s birthday party but I have a ton of paperwork to finish up before I leave. It might take me at least two weeks to settle them. I shall try my best to attend the party.” Suzy said finally. “I hope you can come to my party Suzy. It will mean a lot to me if you came.” Mr Choi shook Suzy’s hand. “I will try my best sir.” Suzy gave him a nod.

Jonghun watched Suzy out of the corner of his eye. Her shoulders were slumped & her eyes were no longer sparkling. He had gotten her good at the fountain & Jonghun felt slightly ashamed of himself for overreacting the way he did. It was just that seeing Suzy so close to him yet being unable to be with her messed up Jonghun’s entire being in more ways than one.

He had never wanted a woman as badly as he wanted Suzy yet at the same time he never wanted to be away from a woman as badly as he did at that moment. When Suzy & Hongki finally said their goodbyes to his parents & left the restaurant Jonghun’s shoulders sunk in relief. Maybe now he could concentrate on the thing in front of him. A full bottle of rich delicious Merlot.