~*THIRTY TWO*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“Seriously.. Move!!” Suzy pushed past a couple who were entwined in each other’s arms kissing passionately till they didn’t even realise they were causing a disruption right in the middle of the dance floor.

“I said MOVE es!” Suzy bellowed. The couple sprang apart and stared at her as if she was some sort of alien species. “Either get a room or get the hell out of my way.” Suzy gave them the evil eye.

Shrivelling under her furious gaze the couple quickly moved away muttering to each other under their breath. “You’re such a terror. No wonder no man wants you.” Jonghun fell into step beside Suzy as she started her elbowing once again. “I’d rather be single than be with one of these superficial imbeciles here. Even the potatoes sitting in my kitchen have more intelligence than some of these fools.” Suzy retorted sharply.

“Hey.. Hey.. Why are you so wound up? Relax..” Jonghun planted himself in front of Suzy in a way that she had no choice but to stop. “Why shouldn’t I be? The bus broke down, I had to run all the way here for fifteen minutes and when I reached here I almost got mowed down by one of your dumb friends who drives like an escaped lunatic.” Suzy wiped the beads of sweat trickling down her cheek.

“You could have called me. I’d have given you a lift.” Jonghun reached out & touched Suzy’s wet cheek. “Don’t..” Suzy pushed his hand away. Jonghun cleared his throat & looked away. “You still won’t admit it?” he asked her sadly. “I’m leaving in a month Jonghun. Let’s not make it awkward for each other.” Suzy told him in an equally sorrowful voice.

“So there’s still hope for me then?” Jonghun questioned. Suzy groaned softly. “Why won’t you just give up?” she asked him softly her voice almost inaudible over the blaring disco tunes blasting from the speakers. “Because..” Jonghun started when he spotted Hyuna making her way towards them.

“Hello Suzy shi. How nice of you to drop by.” Hyuna said in a sickly sweet voice that dripped icicles. “Hyuna shi. Nice to meet you again too.” Suzy replied in an equally syrupy voice. Jonghun stared at the two women exchanging glares & sighed inwardly.

Why did God have to make him so handsome that women were always fighting over him? “Ladies come on.. It’s my father’s birthday.” Jonghun said finally when neither Suzy nor Hyuna made any moves to back away.

“Yes. I know that. Which is the reason why I’m here. I’m not here for anyone.” Suzy looked pointedly at Hyuna. Jonghun felt his heart sink at her words. She said that she wasn’t there for anyone else but his father. “So she didn’t come here for me?” Jonghun wondered distractedly.

Hyuna finally took a step back. “Oh. Have fun then & maybe you should leave as soon as you’ve given your pretty pink gift to Mr Choi.” Hyuna smirked at Suzy & stalked away disappearing into the crowd.

“Well that was an eye opening encounter.” Suzy rolled her eyes & continued moving towards Mr Choi who was sitting at the dining table happily chatting with his wife. “Wait..” Jonghun called after her but Suzy paid him no heed. “She can have him. Have I ever said I wanted Jonghun? Hyuna is such an over-possessive woman.” Suzy grumbled quietly, too softly to be overheard over the techno music.

Upon seeing that Mr & Mrs Choi had spotted her & were waving her over Suzy plastered a smile onto her face though she was incredibly upset inwardly. “Suzy dear! You came!!” Mrs Choi reached out to give her a warm bear hug. Suzy returned the hug feeling her spirits lift considerably.

“I’m so glad you came to my birthday party Suzy. It’s not every day that a man turns 50.” Mr Choi beamed while shaking Suzy’s hand vigorously. “Happy birthday Mr Choi! I wish you many more happy returns of the day!” Suzy returned his handshake & handed him the present. “A pink present?” Mr Choi grinned in amusement. “Um.. I’m really sorry Mr Choi. I ran out of gold wrapping paper halfway through the wrapping.” Suzy blushed slightly.

“It’s alright dear. I was just teasing you. May I open the gift?” Mr Choi asked. Suzy nodded. “Wow.. Thank you Suzy dear. It must have cost you a bomb.” Mr Choi’s eyes widened when he saw the sparkling bottle of Hugo Boss’s latest limited edition perfume bottle sitting inside the plain grey box. “It’s alright sir. After all it’s not every day that a man turns 50.” Suzy smiled.

Jonghun watched Suzy conversing with his parents as if she had known them all her life & felt a smile spreading across his face. Suzy clicked with his parents even better than Jonghun himself. “They would totally adopt her if I wasn’t so in love with this crazy woman.” Jonghun shook his head.

“Are you leaving already? Why are you in such a rush?” Mr Choi’s mood seemed to dim as he saw Suzy slinging her bag across her shoulder. “Actually Mr Choi I should be getting back home. Parties are events where I stick out like a sore thumb.” Suzy looked down at her own attire and smiled.

“Nonsense! You should at least have some dinner before you leave. Dino has whipped up a feast for us & the buffet is a hot issue amongst our guests tonight.” Mrs Choi pointed at the buffet counter which had a line of more than thirty hungry guests queuing for it.

Jonghun spotted Suzy’s eyes lighting up at the mention of food & cheered silently. He thanked his mother by shooting her a grateful smile that she returned with a tiny wink of her own.

Suzy was pondering if she should stay for that mouth-watering buffet or leave before Hyuna tried to murder her with her poisonous gazes. “I’ve asked Dino to whip something special for you.” Jonghun whispered to Suzy. She turned her gaze on him & he flashed his most charming smile at her.

Feeling the corners of her heart already starting to flutter Suzy quelled the feeling by maintaining a stony expression. “And what is it?” she asked him coolly. “Cream pasta pizza. Extra large.” Jonghun’s smile widened. Suzy was already sold.

“Cream pasta pizza. He knows me too well to know I can’t resist cream pasta pizza.” Suzy glared at Jonghun as she tucked into the cream pasta pizza on the deserted patio. Jonghun who was helping himself to some spaghetti & meatballs returned her gaze as if he could read her mind.

“So.. how are you enjoying it?” Jonghun pointed at the half eaten pizza on Suzy’s lap. “It’s delicious. Dino makes the best cream pasta pizza in the whole wide world.” Suzy some cream off her lips. “But I don’t get thanks for asking him to make it for you?” Jonghun questioned. “Fine! Thank you Choi Jonghun for asking Dino to make this cream pasta pizza for me.” Suzy said reluctantly.

Setting aside her cream pasta pizza Suzy reached for the plate of buffalo wings. “I don’t understand why we have to eat at the patio instead of the dining hall.” A buffalo wing hovered a few centimetres in front of Suzy’s lips. “Because no one in the party has cream pasta pizza except you. I wouldn’t want the guests to complain that I’m biased towards you.” Jonghun shrugged.

“You are biased towards me.” Suzy said simply. Jonghun snorted. “I’m glad you acknowledge that but you know that is not what I want to hear.” He told her grabbing a buffalo wing himself. “It’s impossible that you will hear what you want to hear.” Suzy waved the buffalo wing in front of his face. “Nothing is impossible.” Jonghun answered in an incredibly smug voice.

Suzy stared at him incredulously. He sure had a lot of self-confidence in him. “More like arrogance.” Another voice told her. Suzy nodded in agreement. “What are you nodding at?” Jonghun gazed at her curiously. “Nothing.” Suzy cleared & started munching on the chicken wing. “Weirdo.” Jonghun laughed much to Suzy’s embarrassment.

“I’m so full I could burst!” Suzy patted her stomach & smiled genuinely for the first time in the evening. Her pent up stress & annoyance had all faded away when her tummy was full of delicious food. “No man can make you happy like food does.” Jonghun had to smile at her comment.

“Hmm.. so far..” Suzy’s voice trailed off. “Well thank you for the delicious food. I should be going home now.” Suzy stood up & let out a small burp. Too smitten with her to be even thrown off by her improper manners Jonghun continued staring at her until Suzy noticed his gaze.

Suzy’s cheeks suddenly felt warm & she moved away from Jonghun knowing that being too close to him would only give him hope that she would confess her feelings for him. “You know you look better when..” Jonghun took a couple of steps forward closing the distance between him & Suzy. She gulped but didn’t break eye contact.

“When your hair is let down..” Jonghun undid the barrette holding up Suzy’s messy hair. “Come on.. You think we’re in some Korean romantic comedy..” Suzy tried to grab the barrette from Jonghun but he wouldn’t give it to her.

“Hmm.. if we were..” Jonghun’s arm s around Suzy’s waist & drew her even closed to him. “The guy usually kisses the girl right?” Jonghun’s eyes twinkled while Suzy’s eyes widened with surprised as he bent down to kiss her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : I'm so sorry for the delay my readers. I finally finished my Human Resouce Management assignment which was a real killer. Now I've got one assignment left. Hopefully it'll be done quicker than my HRM assignment. Anyways I hope this chapter was good. Comments & suggestions are welcome!

There will be a lot of flirting between Jonghun & Suzy in the coming chapters and I will take a light-hearted approach to it. Make it funny & stuff so look forward to it. Updates will be posted up as soon as possible but still probably not everyday.