~*TWENTY FIVE*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“This place is pretty neat. I wish I lived in a mansion.” Hongki admired the peaceful surroundings rather enviously. “Money isn’t everything.” Suzy said gazing off into the distance. Hongki stared at getting her drift. “I’m sorry to intrude on your private affairs Suzy shi but has your problem with Jonghun been resolved yet?” Hongki asked the hesitance obvious in his voice.

Suzy drummed her fingers on the hood of Hongki’s sedan. “You could say that.” she answered quietly. “Which means that nothing is fine. I knew that when I saw you crying & almost losing your balance but I had to hear it from you. Is there anything I can do? Hongki put his hand on Suzy’s shoulder.

“No. This problem is over. I just don’t want any more drama.” Suzy rested her head against the cool metal of the car & shut her eyes. She suddenly felt very exhausted. Both her body & mind were aching. “Well I think you’re going to get some whether you like it or not because Jonghun’s parents invited us to dinner. You should have refused their offer Suzy. I’m afraid things might take an unpleasant turn tonight.” Hongki’s eyes were full with worry. Suzy nodded.

“I don’t really have a good feeling about tonight either Hongki shi but I couldn’t refuse Mr & Mrs Choi. I’ve never been officially introduced to them & it’s my first time meeting them. It would be rude to refuse them.” Suzy explained. “Well I’ll be there beside you but I won’t say anything unless it’s necessary.” Hongki patted Suzy’s hand warmly.

Thankful for his support despite her neglecting him at times Suzy held his hand for a while trying to warm her own freezing one. “Are you cold?” Hongki asked Suzy when he spotted her shivering in the soft light of the setting sun on the horizon. “I don’t know why it’s so cold tonight.” Suzy rubbed her hands together.

“Here.. Take my coat.” Hongki shrugged off his coat & put it around Suzy’s shoulders. “If this was a Korean drama you would have probably gotten a kiss from the heroine.” Suzy smiled. “Well I still can.” Hongki answered immediately. Suzy was about to reply when the door to the mansion swung open & Jonghun strolled out with Hyuna practically glued to his side.

Jonghun stiffened when he saw Hongki practically standing nose to nose to Suzy. A dark brown leather jacket was wrapped around Suzy’s shoulders which Jonghun presumed belonged to Hongki. “Guess I did imagine her crying after I told her I was going steady with Hyuna. She seems so happy with him.” Jonghun grumbled inwardly. Hyuna noticed how rigid Jonghun had become & heaved a sigh.

“He still loves her. So much.”  At that moment Hyuna didn’t feel any jealousy towards Suzy but just sorrow that she couldn’t be the one who evoked such emotions from Jonghun. “I will not give up. I will win Jonghun’s heart no matter what.” Hyuna told herself with steely determination. If there was one trait Hyuna was proud of it was her tenacity. Pasting a smile onto her face she approached Suzy & Hongki.

“Honey.. Doesn’t this remind you of something?” Mrs Choi whispered to her husband watching Jonghun & Hyuna walking towards Suzy & Hongki. “What? Don’t tell me.. Oh no..” Mr Choi made a face. “Oh yes. You know what I’m talking about. 25 years ago we were both in the same situation as Jonghun & Suzy are in now. You were with that Dolly while I was with my darling Ted.” Mrs Choi’s eyes took a faraway misty look. Mr Choi snorted.

“Your darling Ted was a pretentious douchebag. At least Dolly was who she said she was.” Mr Choi retorted. “And I would have ended up with that douchebag if you hadn’t continued to pursue me.. My knight in shining armour!” Mrs Choi liked her arm through Mr Choi’s. “You gave me a hell of time before you admitted you loved me but it was worth it.” Mr Choi planted a warm kiss on his wife’s cheek.

“Guys! Come on! It’s not a high school prom.” Jonghun gave them a pained expression. “Don’t get jealous son. You’ve got your own babe.” Mr Choi pointed towards Suzy & then corrected himself by pointing towards Hyuna. Suzy spotted the aghast expression on Hyuna’s face & instantly felt bad for the girl. “If only things were different we could have been friends.” Suzy gazed at Hyuna sympathetically.

“Hongki & Suzy can take us. You & Hyuna can have your privacy.” Mr Choi pulled open the door of Hongki’s sedan when Jonghun stopped his father. “Dad we’ve met after so long. We have a lot to talk about. Why don’t we take the Mercedes? You, Mom, me and Hyuna?” Jonghun suggested.

“Are you sure we wouldn’t be inconveniencing you & Hyuna?” Mrs Choi raised her eyebrows. Jonghun shook his head. “It’s nothing of that sort. It’ll help you get to know Hyuna better too.” Hyuna beamed at Jonghun’s words. The evening was finally looking up for her.

Suzy watched the family sadly. Watching Jonghun with her parents made her miss her own who were in the suburbs of Gwangju probably missing her as well. “You miss them?” Hongki asked Suzy reading her mind once again. “It’s been a while since I saw them. I spoke to them over the phone & told them about my scholarship to London & they really want to see me once before I leave.” Suzy smiled as she recalled her father’s excitement when she broke the good news to him.

“How about your parents?” Suzy asked Hongki. “Well.. That’s a long story.” Hongki’s face fell. “No matter what misunderstandings you have you can’t afford to strain your relationship between your parents. You should resolve it soon.” Suzy told him sweetly.

“Now you’re the expert on relationships?” Hongki opening the car door for her. Smacking his hand playfully Suzy got into the car not realising that Jonghun’s eyes had never left her.

“Son.. If you want to look make sure you look at her inconspicuously.” Mr Choi whispered to Jonghun. Realising that he had been caught staring at Suzy Jonghun cleared his throat & pretended as if nothing happened. “I’ve been there, done that. Make sure Hyuna doesn’t see this or else you are going to be sleeping outside today.” Mr Choi laughed when he saw Jonghun blush even in the dim light of the evening.

“So how long have you known my son for?” Mrs Choi asked Hyuna. “For over a month Mrs Choi. The happiest month of my life.”Hyuna added happily. Mrs Choi nodded thoughtfully. “Well honey I’m glad my son makes you so happy but I should warn you about my son’s ways with women..” Mrs Choi started to speak when Hyuna interrupted her.

“I know about Jonghun’s ways Mrs Choi. He changes his girlfriend once a month & doesn’t plan on settling down soon but he just proposed to me today to be his official permanent girlfriend so I wouldn’t worry about it.” Hyuna continued not noticing the expression on Mrs Choi’s face. “So you now know my son better than me after being with him for a month?” Mrs Choi’s voice was as chilly as an iceberg.

Hyuna blinked at the older woman in confusion not realising that she had offended her. “Oh no Mrs Choi.. what I was saying was..” Hyuna stammered. She had wanted to give off the image of being the perfect woman for Jonghun & all she had done was offend Jonghun’s mother.

“I’m sorry Mrs Choi. I didn’t mean to offend you in any way. I just love Jonghun too much.” Hyuna apologised sincerely. Mrs Choi’s expression softened but her iciness in her eyes still hadn’t disappeared completely. “I hope for your sake that my son returns your overwhelming affections.” Mrs Choi answered & got into the car. Mentally smacking herself Hyuna followed suit.

“I’ve missed this place. They have the best Western cuisine in the whole of South Korea if I might say. The chef Dino is a personal family friend of ours.” Mrs Choi admired her elegant yet casual atmosphere of the quaint restaurant set in the lobby of the Hilton hotel. “Yes. He was Jonghun’s high school friend. They were in the same clique if I’m not wrong.” Mr Choi chimed in picking up the menu & flipping through it casually.

“Yes Dad. We hung out together back in high school. Those were good times.” Jonghun remembered with a grin. “Good times indeed. We got sloshed for nights in a row & partied till we dropped. Though I’ve dropped those habits now it seems Jonghun is still staying true to tradition.” A tall strapping young man strolled up to them a tall white cap sitting on his handsome head.

“Dino!” Mr Choi threw her hands around Dino’s broad shoulders while Mr Choi & Jonghun exchanged hearty handshakes with him. Jonghun then proceeded to introduce everyone else to Dino. When he came to Suzy Dino shook her hand firmly & flashed her a dimpled smile. “You must be the girlfriend.” He nodded approvingly.

“What? Oh no.. I’m just his friend.” Suzy held back the urge to scream. Hongki had been right when he told her that it wasn’t a good idea to tag along with Mr & Mrs Choi, Jonghun & Hyuna.

”Aren’t you the girl he always orders the cream pasta pizza for? I only make them for Jonghun because he requests them specially for a special girl.” Dino told the group with a laugh. Six pairs of eyes turned to Suzy who in turn wished for a hole in the ground to open up & swallow her whole.