~*TWENTY NINE*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“He just needs an excuse to take off his shirt. He should just join 2PM!” Suzy grumbled making a reference to the alpha male symbols of Kpop. She was rummaging through the bottom of her wardrobe when her hands closed upon a tall thin box. Pulling it out Suzy found that it was actually Jonghun’s birthday present. She hadn’t given it to him since it wasn’t going to be his birthday till two months later.

“But by then I won’t be.. I won’t be here.” Suzy stared at shining gold wrapper sadly. “What’s that?” Jonghun walked out of the bathroom rubbing his neck. “It’s actually your birthday present that I got for you. Well since you need it now here you go. Happy advanced birthday Choi Jonghun.” Suzy held out the present to him. Jonghun took it gingerly & examined the gold wrapper.

"You got me a present MONTHS before my actual birthday. You are really neurotic Bae Suzy.” He smiled at her outraged expression. “Gee.. Thanks. Now please wear this shirt.” Suzy pointed at the package looking annoyed. “Why? Does the fact that I’m shirtless disturb you so much?” Jonghun grinned when he saw Suzy blush slightly.

“Stop this nonsense. You already spout nonsense when you’re sane. My misfortune now is you’re drunk so more crap will come out from your mouth.” Suzy rolled her eyes. “Ow. That hurt.” Jonghun rubbed the area where his heart was. “Quit being such a drama queen & just put on the shirt.” Suzy took a seat on the bed & watched him intently.

Jonghun shrugged. “Fine. If that’s what you want.” Jonghun tore open the gold wrapping carefully so as not to waste Suzy’s efforts of going to lengths to wrap it up so nicely. He was surprised to find one of the most gorgeous silk shirts sitting inside nestled between the crinkling wafer thin pieces of wrapping paper.

“Wow.. This is some shirt. You must have spent a fortune on it.” Jonghun admired the shirt under the light of the bedroom. “It did cost me a fortune but I thought you deserved something nice for being my best friend & putting up with all my tantrums & mood swings all these years.” Suzy finally smiled. “I guess I did deserve it.” Jonghun nodded in agreement.

“You’re shameless.” Suzy retorted. “I know.” Jonghun’s eyes curved into a smile. “I’m glad you like it. After all you won’t be getting presents from me anymore.” Suzy examined her fingernails. “Why is that?” Jonghun slipped into the shirt.

“Because I won’t be here.” Came the reply. Jonghun instantly felt his mood darken. He had been a little tipsy from the wine & had actually deluded himself into thinking that things were going to suddenly become better.

“Oh I forgot. You have to leave. For London.” Jonghun spat bitterly. Suzy bit her bottom lip rather hard from the tension that she felt it bleed slightly. “You have your shirt already. I’ll get you a pillow so that you can sleep on the couch.” Suzy started walking to the wardrobe when Jonghun stopped her.

“Hey.. I’m tipsy & disorientated. How can you just push me onto the couch?” he demanded. Suzy fell silent. “Unless you want me to take a cab back home at this time of the night.” Jonghun said pointedly. “Emotional blackmail. I should have known. Fine you take the bed. I’ll take the couch you bully.” Suzy grabbed a pillow in a huff.

“Wait a second.. you can sleep on the bed too.” Suzy laughed at Jonghun’s words. “Might I remind you that this is actually my bed in my apartment? Yet you are the one telling me that I can sleep on my own bed?” she giggled. “My offer still stands.” Jonghun pointed at the bed.

“You’re drunk. I’m not. We need to sleep separately.” Suzy reached for another pillow but Jonghun wouldn’t let her. “Don’t you trust me?” Jonghun asked his eyes clouding over.

“I do Jonghun but what I don’t trust is that strange attraction between us. You made it clear you want to stay away from me. What are we even doing? I’ll take the couch.” Suzy tried to move forward stubbornly. Jonghun however planted himself firmly between the door & her.

“Are you actually refusing to let me leave my own room?” Suzy was torn into feeling a mixture of amusement & annoyance. “Yes. Now go sleep on the bed.” Jonghun ordered her.

“No!” Suzy did the first thing that came into her mind. She hit Jonghun square in the face with the pillow. “What the.. Did you just hit me in the face with a pillow?” Jonghun demanded moving closer to Suzy, she backed away with a half smile.

“Alright then. You asked for it.” Before Suzy could Jonghun had grabbed the pillow from her hands & hit her in the head. “How dare you hit me?” Suzy rubbed her head gingerly. “Well you hit me first.” Jonghun started hitting her again. Suzy moved away & found herself laughing.

If it was a pillow fight Jonghun wanted he was in for the fight of his lifetime.” Suzy ran to her bed & grabbed another pillow. Within minutes Jonghun & Suzy were engaged in a pillow fight. They tumbled onto the bed hitting each other until they both were exhausted.

“Not so drunk are you?” Suzy grabbed her pillow & aimed for another hit at Jonghun. “Hey! I thought you were too tired to fight anymore.” Jonghun complained. “I lied.” Suzy smirked. “Just like how you lied about not being in love with me.” Jonghun shot back. Suzy sat up & stared at him for a second. “That would be my cue to leave the room.” She sighed.

Jonghun’s hand shot out & grabbed her arm pulling her down to the bed before Suzy could get out of it. “Hey! What are you doing?” Suzy tried to free herself from his grasp. “Look here Bae Suzy. Listen to me. Hear me out.” Jonghun pinned Suzy to the bed before she could react.

“This is just like a repeat of that night in the hotel room. It’s going to end in tears.” Suzy avoided Jonghun’s intense gaze. Jonghun shook his head. “No way. It’s not going to end in tears. I will not hurt you Suzy. Just.. Let me speak.” Jonghun pleaded. Suzy finally turned to look at him.

“I love you. No matter what I do, how much I try I cannot deny that fact. I love you so deeply that you own my thoughts completely. I remember last time I used to wake up in the middle of the night feeling like there was this big gaping hole in my heart.” Jonghun took Suzy’s hand & put it on his chest. Suzy was silent.

“But after I admitted my feelings for you I sleep completely in bliss. It might sound corny but do you know what I dream of Bae Suzy? You.” Jonghun leaned forward & kissed Suzy with the utmost gentleness. “I dream of you being my girlfriend. All the dates we would go on. All the kisses we would share. All the nights I would make you mine.” Suzy blushed at the last sentence.

“Every morning I would wake up with you in my arms. After a a few years of dating we will get married in a small private ceremony, have our honeymoon in a quiet secluded island where I wouldn’t have to share you with anyone. We will have two lovely little daughters. They will look exactly like you. The same eyes, the same nose and the same smile.” Jonghun’s finger outlined Suzy’s features as if she was a painting he was crafting from his imagination.

“We will grow old together but I will never stop loving you. I will never cheat on you or hurt you. I will treasure you as much as I treasure myself. But that’s all futile now..” Jonghun’s eyes were overflowing with pain. “You’re leaving me.” Jonghun released Suzy from his grasp & fell back onto the bed.

Suzy lay there her breathing laboured & her cheeks wet with tears. Those words she heard from Jonghun were by far the most sincere ones she had heard him utter since the day she first met him. He was drunk no doubt but Suzy realised that Jonghun being drunk was the reason he had confessed in such a sincere manner.

Suzy had trouble believing him back in the hotel room but strangely she felt herself believing every word he had just said to her in her own bedroom. Hearing a soft snore emanating from Jonghun Suzy dropped herself onto her arms & gazed at his sleeping profile questioningly.

“Hongki shi was right. We cannot stay away from each other. Even if I wanted to you won’t let me Choi Jonghun. You.. You deserve better. I’m sorry.” two tears slipped down Suzy’s nose & fell onto Jonghun’s cheek. She brushed them away & kissed his cheek gently.

With a heavy sigh she her back & closed her eyes willing herself to go to sleep not noticing that a tear that wasn’t hers appearing on Jonghun’s cheek again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note : Sorry for the tardy update guys. I thought no one was reading was my last update when I didn’t get any comments so I wanted to give my readers some time to come back. Haha! Anyways here you go. Hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome!

Sorry if this chapter was too dramatic or cheesy. I was in a rather romantically depressed mood while I was writing it.