~*THIRTY NINE*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“Can I take you out on a date tonight?” Jonghun asked Suzy when she pulled away from him. “Tonight? Don’t you have to speak to Hyuna? Would it be right for us to go on a date so soon? Hyuna would be heartbroken & she is probably going to hate me too.” Suzy suddenly realised that even if she had agreed to be Jonghun’s girlfriend Hyuna was still technically in a relationship with Jonghun.

She was his girlfriend not Bae Suzy. “I think it would be better if I break up with her as soon as possible instead of prolonging her misery. I’m not happy with her & she cannot be happy with me. She deserves better.” Jonghun’s voice was quiet.

Suzy had to agree. Two people cannot be happy if they didn’t love each other & Jonghun didn’t love Hyuna, not that it was supposed to ease Hyuna’s heartbreak in the least bit.

“Try to be gentle will you? Hyuna deserves to be at least told such news keeping her self respect intact.” Suzy told Jonghun. “Alright.. I’ll leave first then.” Jonghun kissed Suzy on the cheek & left. Suzy watched him go & shut the door still smiling.

If a month was all she had to enjoy her life & time in Korea then she would make the best of it. She could only hope that Hyuna wouldn’t be too heartbroken when Jonghun broke up with her. Suzy knew all too well about the pain of loving a man with all her heart only to let him break her heart in the end.

Jonghun dialled Hyuna’s number as he strolled towards his Mercedes. To his surprise Hyuna answered the call on the first ring itself. “Jonghun?” she sounded breathless & nervous. “Hyuna what’s wrong? Why do you sound so agitated?” Jonghun asked. “It’s nothing.. I need to talk to us about something. Can you meet me right now?” Hyuna spoke Jonghun’s mind.

“What a coincidence. I wanted to speak to you about something important too. Where are you?” Jonghun wanted to know. “At your mansion.” Hyuna answered almost inaudibly. “Really? You never left after yesterday night’s party? Alright. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” Jonghun hung up & broke into a run towards his car. He didn’t want to delay speaking to Hyuna for even one minute from that moment.

“He’s coming. He told me he’ll be here in fifteen minutes. You should leave first.” Hyuna told Dino without even looking at him directly. Dino took Hyuna’s hand & kissed it. He had already showered & was looking crisp in one of Jonghun’s shirts & his own jeans.

Hyuna admired how handsome he actually was & was flattered that a man like him was interested in her but yet.. a part of her could only think about Jonghun & his supposed reactions once she broke the news to him that she had slept with Dino.

“Don’t worry too much. Just be honest with him & he’ll understand. I know this might sound mean but I doubt he will be too shattered because he doesn’t feel strongly for you.” Dino sat down beside Hyuna & put his hand over hers. Hyuna’s shoulders slumped. He was right.

Jonghun might not take it too hard because even Hyuna knew that his heart belonged to Suzy. “But this is something I must do.” Hyuna finally looked at Dino. He agreed with an encouraging nod. “I’ll wait for you at my restaurant. Maybe after you’ve cleared up things with Jonghun we could have dinner together?” Dino asked her hopefully.

Hyuna stared at her heels at a loss of words of how to tactfully answer his questions without promising him anything. “I know what you’re thinking.. You don’t want to hurt my feelings but you’re not ready to date me yet.” Dino laughed. Hyuna gave him a watery smile. “I can still have dinner with you though.” She answered in a small voice. Dino snorted & pulled her into his arms.

Hyuna was waiting outside the mansion when Jonghun pulled up right in front of the stone steps leading up to the sprawling manor. “Why are you waiting outside?” Jonghun looked at Hyuna strangely. She seemed disorientated & jumpy like a cat on a hot tin roof. “Can we talk in the garden at the backyard? I don’t want your parents to overhear us.” Hyuna pointed towards the dirt path leading towards the garden.

“Exactly what it is that Hyuna wants to talk about that is not for my parent’s ears?” Jonghun wondered following Hyuna’s rigid back down the path. “Let’s have a seat..” Jonghun sat down. Hyuna however remained standing wringing her hands. “Hyuna..” Jonghun started. “I slept with Dino.” Hyuna almost yelled. Jonghun’s eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets.

“What?” he breathed still staring at Hyuna. “I slept with Dino yesterday after I got drunk at your father’s birthday party.” Hyuna finally plopped down beside Jonghun. “The funny thing is that I was not drunk senseless. I kissed him first Jonghun.” Hyuna told him bluntly. Jonghun however was silent.

“I told you I slept with Dino & you’ve not displayed any emotions. If you really loved me you would have gotten mad. You would have screamed & cried that the woman you love had slept with someone else.” Hyuna sighed. “You don’t love me at all do you?” Hyuna asked her voice cracking.

“Hyuna.. I.. I know that this is unfair to you but you did know that I..” Jonghun sighed. “Yes! I knew that you never loved me the way I wanted you to but I still hoped you would grow to love me. Guess not..” Hyuna spat bitterly. When Jonghun didn’t make any effort to defend himself Hyuna continued speaking.

“I’m breaking up with you Choi Jonghun. I don’t want to be your girlfriend any longer. I deserve someone better than you.” Hyuna said with a tone of finality. “You do. I’m sorry Hyuna. I really am.” Jonghun apologised from the bottom of his heart. He had been utterly selfish in using Hyuna to make Suzy jealous. Now he had finally made Suzy acknowledge his affections but at the same time he had hurt Hyuna.

“I’m sorry too Jonghun. I’m sorry I was stupid enough to let you use me as a rebound when your heart belongs to Suzy. Oh by the way I slept with Dino in one of the guest bedroom so I’m sorry for the mess.” Hyuna stormed off determinedly her reddish brown hair glistening in the bright morning sun. “That went well..” Jonghun watched Hyuna until her svelte figure disappeared into the distance.

After scrubbing her face & washing her hair thoroughly Suzy slipped into her favourite Minnie Mouse T-shirt & a pair of loose drawstring pants. She was ready for an entire day of just lazing around in her ratty clothes & curling up in front of her television for a movie marathon of all her favourite horror & action movies.

However just as she was about to settle down on her beat up old couch the doorbell rang signalling that she had a visitor. “Who could that be? Can’t I just have an afternoon of peace & quiet?” Suzy grumbled as she stomped over to open the door.

To her surprise she found Jonghun standing outside holding four bulging bags of what appeared to be food. “Mind if I crash the party?” He held up the bags to Suzy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note : Thank you for the comments guys! I’m glad you guys are still reading my fanfic despite my irregular updates which I apologise in advance for because from next week onwards the updates might be irregular once again. My CTH exams are in about a week’s time so kindly understand if my updates are tardy. :) Please don’t give up on this story & I hope I don’t lose any readers.

Thank you for your support till now guys! It keeps me going! I hope this chapter was good. Comments & suggestions are welcome!