~*NINE*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

Jonghun did a double take. Was that really the boring loyal puppy dog Lee Hyun Woo who always looked at Suzy with big innocent eyes? Was it the same guy who was holding another woman’s hand looking a 100% guilty? He saw Suzy stop & stiffen at the sight of the boyfriend she loved so much holding onto another woman. “I know a cheater when I see one. This Hyun Woo is truly a wolf in sheep’s clothing.” Jonghun clucked his tongue.

“Oppa? Who.. who is this?” Suzy asked quietly. She still didn’t want to believe that her beloved Hyun Woo was cheating on her unless he told her the full story. “Oh Suzy? What are you doing here?” Hyun Woo’s voice cracked. “You weren’t picking your phone. You never showed for our date yesterday. I was worried so I decided to drop by your home to check on you. Are you alright?” Suzy questioned.

Despite the nameless girl whose hands Hyun Woo was still holding Suzy was relieved that Hyun Woo was safe and sound & not lying dead murdered in a ravine. “Oh that.. About that.. I was going to..” Hyun Woo stuttered. Suzy felt a wave of dread wash over her.

“Who is she?” Suzy asked again. “This is So Eun. She’s a friend of mine.” Hyun Woo gestured to So Eun vaguely. Suzy saw So Eun’s round face turn pink with anger. “Why are you lying oppa? You told me that you would tell her. She’s here now. TELL HER.” she raised her voice. Suzy was utterly confused.

She didn’t understand head or tail of the situation nor did Hyun Woo make any effort to clear up the confusion. “Give me a minute.” Hyun Woo told Suzy urgently & led So Eun away as the girl muttered under her breath. “What is going on here?” Suzy heard a voice behind her & saw Jonghun standing less than a foot away from her looking just as puzzled as Suzy was feeling.

“I don’t know what is happening.. Can you.. can you stay with me Jonghun? I need someone beside me if I’m going to deal with what is coming.” Suzy’s usually smiling eyes had become dull with apprehension. Jonghun nodded in reply. He would be there for her even if she hadn’t asked.

Apart from being interested in what was going on behind the loyal boyfriend facade Hyun Woo had been portraying Jonghun was also truly worried for Suzy. He knew that Lee Hyun Woo meant the whole world to Suzy and if he really was cheating on her.. It would shatter Suzy beyond doubt.

Hyun Woo returned a couple of minutes later & tried to smile at Suzy. She however was not in the mood to even fake a smile. “Oppa. Please tell me what is going on.” Suzy said in a firm voice when Hyun Woo tried to take her hand. “Can we speak privately in my home?” Hyun Woo shot a look over Suzy’s shoulder at Jonghun. He obviously didn’t want Jonghun to overhear the conversation between him & Suzy.

 “I’ll just wait in the car then.” Jonghun turned to leave when Suzy grabbed his hand. “No. Stay. Jonghun will stay with us Oppa.” She told Hyun Woo whose face darkened. Jonghun felt a zing of joy flit through his body. For the first time since he had known her Suzy had actually spoken up for him instead of Lee Hyun Woo. “Let’s go.” Still holding onto Jonghun’s hand Suzy led the way up to Hyun Woo’s apartment.

“Why did I ask Jonghun to stay? It’s a personal matter between me & Hyun Woo oppa. Why did I want Jonghun to be involved?” Suzy snuck a look at Jonghun as the trio waited in the elevator. He smiled back at her sympathetically. To her immense surprise Suzy found that she didn’t even want to look at Hyun Woo’s face anymore.

“Who is she?” Suzy questioned that time around already annoyed. “She’s So Eun. She’s the girl that my parents want me to marry.” Hyun Woo answered not daring to meet Suzy’s eyes. Suzy stared at Hyun Woo unable to digest what he had just said. “What did you say?” her voice was barely above a whisper.

“So Eun is the girl that my parents have chosen for me to marry. She comes from an extremely wealthy family & she is the only daughter to her parents. My parents feel that this is an appropriate alliance for me & my family.” Hyun Woo explained his eyes still fixed on the carpet. “Then..” Suzy paused biting back the tearful screams that were threatening to explode from . “What about me?” she asked her voice cracking.

Jonghun gazed at Suzy his heart clenching painfully. She was trying very hard not to cry & not really succeeding at it. “I don’t know Suzy.” An intense bout of fury coursed through Jonghun at Hyun Woo’s nonchalant answer. How could he treat Suzy like that? He was the one who suggested marrying Suzy in the first place that douchebag.

“Are you going to marry her?” Suzy found that she had no more strength to even speak up anymore. “I don’t know.” Hyun Woo said again. “You said you wanted to marry here before someone took her away. Now why are you playing this double game?” Jonghun spoke up unable to hold back his feelings any longer.

“I really did want to marry you Suzy. Believe me. I did. I even bought the ring.” Hyun Woo rubbed his neck sheepishly. “You bought a ring?” Suzy’s demeanour brightened. “I had to put it on So Eun’s finger in front of my parents. They knew that I was planning on marrying you so they brought So Eun to meet me.” Hyun Woo sighed. “You gave her the ring meant for me?” Suzy couldn’t hold back her tears anymore.

“I had no choice.” Hyun Woo tried to take Suzy’s hand but she pushed his hand away. “No choice? We’ve been together for so many years but now you say you had no choice? I thought your parents were fine with our relationship?” Suzy felt ashamed at how desperate she sounded but she couldn’t help it. It hurt. It hurt that Hyun Woo had decided to just discard her like a piece of cardboard.

“My parents were fine with our relationship but now they feel that So Eun is a better match for me. So Eun’s parents family friends of mine. Plus they are very wealthy.. I.. I didn’t know what to say when they told me that So Eun would be my future wife.” Hyun Woo tried to make Suzy see his point of view.

“You should have at least called me over yesterday when this event happened. Instead you decided to cut me off completely, ignoring my calls and texts.” Suzy accused. “I.. So Eun took my phone. She is the possessive type.” Hyun Woo said resignedly. “and I’m the violent type. How dare she try to separate you from me?” Suzy bristled indigantly. “It’s not So Eun’s fault.” Hyun Woo answered. Suzy stopped speaking & stared at him.

“Are you speaking up in defence of her? What about us Oppa? I’ve always thought you were the man I was going to marry and now you tell me that you are going to marry So Eun?” Suzy whimpered.

Jonghun squirmed uncomfortably in his seat. Emotions were high and drama was already happening. The last thing Jonghun wanted to be was to play the third wheel and involve himself in some messy relationship problems. Usually when drama happened Jonghun would have been out the door within the first minute but that day he didn’t have the heart to leave. He didn’t have the heart to leave her.

Suzy. Suzy who looked like her whole world had collapsed around her because of that cowardly bastard Lee Hyun Woo. Not knowing what else he was supposed to do Jonghun patted Suzy’s hand comfortingly.

“Suzy I’m really really sorry. I can try to speak to my parents again.” Hyun Woo said reluctantly. “What do you mean you can try to speak to your parents again?!” a furious So Eun came storming into the living room unannounced. “So Eun? I thought you had gone home?” Hyun Woo tried to quieten down the aggravated girl.

“Home? This is my home now Hyun Woo oppa. You put this ring on me remember?” So Eun almost took Suzy’s eye out when she shoved her diamond ring clad fist into Suzy’s face. “Yes but..” Hyun Woo tried to push So Eun out of the house but she wouldn’t budge. “And yesterday we even slept together!” she yelled.

Suzy’s legs gave out beneath her & she started to wobble precariously. Fortunately for her Jonghun caught her before she hit the floor. “Hey.. Are you okay?” he asked her his angular face pale with worry. Suzy however stared at Hyun Woo blankly. “You slept with her?” she asked in disbelief.

“Last night after the forced engagement I had a little too much to drink because I had a lot on my mind. It.. It was an accident. I swear I hadn’t meant for it to happen..” Hyun Woo took a step towards Suzy but she moved back so quickly she knocked into Jonghun behind her. With one last anguished glance at Hyun Woo & a jubilant So Eun Suzy fled out of Hyun Woo’s apartment.

Jonghun chased after Suzy whose long legs took her farther away from Hyun Woo’s apartment and Jonghun himself every passing stride. “SUZY! SUZY! WAIT!” Jonghun yelled after her ignoring the stares from the passersby. Suzy however continued running her head down her body rigid.

She finally stopped by a deserted bench in the park that she & Hyun Woo used to frequent as a couple. Collapsing near it Suzy finally let out the sobs that had been fighting to break free from her chest. Her vision swimming with tears Suzy wept with heartache & disappointment.

Watching her collapse near the park bench Jonghun quickened his speed thundering towards her while steadfastedly ignoring the shocked & curious expressions from the people in the surrounding area. Even before he reached her Jonghun heard Suzy’s pained sobs in the tranquil park air. He had never seen cry that way before. It was as if her entire being was in unbearable sorrow.

“Suzy!” he panted kneeling down beside her. She however didn’t even acknowledge him & continued sobbing uncontrollably. “Why does this happen to me? What did I do wrong? I’ve never cheated on him, never hurt him, never made him sad. What should I have done?” she turned to Jonghun her eyes overflowing with tears. Jonghun felt utterly helpless & at a loss for words. He didn’t know the first thing he should say to comfort Suzy’s shattered heart.

“This is not your fault.” He told her after a couple of moments of thought. She blinked at him. “Should I have slept with him?” Suzy questioned. “NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!” Jonghun held up his hands. Suzy was so disorientated with Hyun Woo’s betrayal that her mind was wandering to places it shouldn’t be going to. “I already told you before. If Lee Hyun Woo cannot accept you for who you are then he doesn’t deserve you.” Jonghun put his hand over Suzy’s shaking one.

“If he doesn’t deserve me then why am I the one who feels like crap?” Suzy tried to wipe her tears away only to give up when a fresh flood of tears cascaded down her full cheeks. Jonghun had no answer to that & could only hold out his arms to Suzy who collapsed in them with a heartbreaking sob.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Wow.. Thank you so much for your comments guys! <3 Hope you all liked this chapter. I know it's a little heavy & emotional but I always enjoy writing out emotional stuff for some reason. Confessions, heartbreaks etc etc. hehe.. Comments & suggestions are welcome! :D