~*NINETEEN*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

Suzy didn’t know how long she stood there with her hands in Jonghun’s hair her lips against his. All she knew was it was a completely blissful feeling. A feeling that made Suzy disregard everything else including the fact that Jonghun already had a girlfriend Hyuna.

As if he could see right into her soul Jonghun tightened his grasp around Suzy’s waist his lips searching her more passionately than before. “Jonghun.. Jonghun.. stop..” Suzy said after a couple of moments. She realised that if that continued she was going to sleep with him despite herself and Suzy didn’t want that to happen.

Jonghun heard Suzy’s voice telling him to stop but he couldn’t. He didn’t want to. His mind was blissfully empty except for the feelings of kissing Suzy and Jonghun preferred it to be that way. Still kissing her Jonghun carried her to the bed & sat her down on it. “Jonghun..” Suzy put her hands on his chest & pushed him away firmly. Jonghun blinked at her in surprise. Things were going fine. Why did she want to stop?

Jonghun could have sworn that Suzy wanted him as badly as he wanted her. “What?” he nuzzled against her neck. Suzy sighed. “We can’t do this.” She told him in an uncertain voice. “Why?” Jonghun’s lips started to snake their way to her collarbone. “Because it’s wrong.” Suzy answered her eyes still closed. “It’s not.” Jonghun answered his kisses getting more intense. His lips travelled down to the curve of her bosom & Suzy sat up in alarm.

“No! You can’t.” She told him her voice resonating with anger. “You want this as much as I do.” Jonghun told her calmly. “No I DO NOT! I do not want to sleep with you!” Suzy raised her voice. “If I sleep with you then what is the difference between me & your girlfriends whom you call up for a booty call?” Suzy demanded. Jonghun gave a groan of frustration & before Suzy could blink he had her pinned down onto the bed.

“Let go of me!” Suzy’s face reddened with outrage. “No. You listen to me.” Jonghun’s voice was quiet. Suzy stopped struggling after she realised that Jonghun wasn’t going to let her go. “What is it?” she asked resignedly. Jonghun leaned forward the tip of his nose touching Suzy’s.

“I love you.” he said simply. Suzy’s breath caught in her chest. Her eyes searched Jonghun’s to find if he was lying or playing but found no traces of mischief in them. He was completely serious & sincere.

“I love you.” Jonghun repeated once again never breaking eye contact with Suzy. He saw the realisation in them as Suzy processed the seriousness of his words. “I’ve never said this to any girl before because I’ve never felt this way before. I was your first kiss and you are the first woman I’ve lost my heart to.” Jonghun said still not loosening his grasp on Suzy’s hands.

“I’m wrong for you Choi Jonghun. I’m wrong for your lifestyle. How can we be happy together? We’d fight every day. You would be miserable.” Suzy tried to explain but Jonghun wasn’t listening.

“We already fight every day & I’m the happiest when you nag me. You want to know why? Because I love you. I love everything about you. I love how you are not glamourous. I love how you are not y. I love how you are always so unladylike. I love how you never wear piles of makeup yet manage to look so beautiful. I love how you eat & yawn without inhabitations in front of me. I love how you never pretend to be someone else in order to impress me. Most of all I love how you always make everything instantly better for me with just a smile. You say you’re wrong for me? That’s where YOU are wrong. You are perfect for me. I love you.” Jonghun kissed Suzy his lips fluttering over hers like a butterfly.

More tears trickled down Suzy’s cheeks & Jonghun wiped them away silently. “Why do you have to make it so hard for me?” she asked her voice wavering. “What’s so hard to believe?” Jonghun sighed. He couldn’t understand why it was so tough for Suzy to trust him despite everything he had done for her.

“Because you want to sleep with me. When Choi Jonghun wants to sleep with a woman he expects her to leave the next morning without complaining. I don’t want to fall under that category Jonghun. I saw how you looked at the pretty receptionist & Isabella. You might try but it’s hard to change your behaviour that you’ve grown accustomed to.” Suzy bit her lip & looked away.

Jonghun stared at her in disbelief. Were his ears betraying him? Suzy was doubting him after he had just poured his heart out to her? “I just told you I love you and all you can give me in return is doubt about my sincerity.” Jonghun moved away & laughed mirthlessly. Suzy sat up & adjusted her nightgown.

“Let’s be practical here Jonghun. I’m just..” Suzy started talking but Jonghun stopped her. “You can’t fall in love by being practical Bae Suzy. Why else would I fall in love with you when you’ve never appreciated my efforts in being there for you?” Jonghun snapped.

“You cannot force someone to love you.” Suzy retorted. Jonghun snorted. “I cannot force someone to love me but you LOVE me too Bae Suzy!” he yelled. Suzy recoiled in shock. “You’re always comparing me with other guys. First that jerk Hyun Woo and now that Lee Hongki. Why can’t you accept me the way I am? Am I so beneath those other guys that you cannot even realise how much I love you?” Jonghun’s pent up frustration poured out of him in a flood of harsh words.

“I never said that you were beneath Hyun Woo oppa or Hongki shi. You mean a lot to me as a friend.” Suzy spoke up in her defence. Jonghun was being unreasonable. “A friend? Did you just forget what happened between us tonight? Do you kiss a friend like the world is ending tomorrow?” Jonghun slammed his fist into a pillow.

“That..” Suzy tried to find a reason but couldn’t. “You love me yet you refuse to admit it. Why are women so complicated?!” Jonghun stood up & paced the bedroom agitatedly. “Why are you generalising an entire because of your anger at me?” Suzy was losing her patience.

“Please. It’s not like you haven’t taken digs at men before. We wouldn’t be having this conversation if you would just be honest with your feelings & stop creating excuses to avoid me.” Jonghun growled. Suzy stood up & stormed towards Jonghun her cheeks flushed crimson. “Oh yeah Mr Self-Righteous. Have you forgotten about one teeny tiny thing? YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!” She shouted. Jonghun winced at her booming voice.

“You can lecture me so much about not being appreciative about your feelings when you are doing the same with Hyuna! How is that fair?” Suzy made a wild gesture with her hands. Jonghun stared at her but didn’t speak. “You said women are complicated. Well if we women are complicated then you men are absolute garbage at being caring about our feelings.” Suzy crossed her arms across her chest.

“Why are we even arguing about this? It’s totally not the point I was trying to make. I only want to know if you, you Bae Suzy love me or not.” Jonghun said after some awkward moments of exchanging glares with Suzy. “It’s not so easy for me to say I love you to someone especially when I’ve just gone through a bad breakup.” Suzy sat back down on the bed.

“You know what.. you can have the bed. I’ll take the couch.” Jonghun grabbed a pillow & planted himself on the couch turning his back towards Suzy. “I’m sorry.” Suzy told his rigid back. Jonghun didn’t answer but merely sighed inwardly.

The soft rays of sunshine streaming into the room aimed themselves at Suzy gently waking her from her slumber. With a small yawn Suzy stretched & adjusted her hair. She looked around for Jonghun but he wasn’t on the couch. Wondering where he could be Suzy made her way into the bathroom to brush her teeth & have a shower.

In the midst of her shower Suzy heard voices in the bedroom & the unmistakable giggle of Hyuna that could be heard even through the running water. “Hyuna? What is she doing here?” Suzy dried her hair & went out of the bathroom to find Hyuna sitting on Jonghun’s lap feeding him strawberries.

“Hyuna shi? What are you doing here?” Jonghun saw Suzy glance at him & Hyuna curiously. “Jonghun invited me for breakfast. He told me that the breakfast buffet & atmosphere were equally amazing. I have to agree.” Hyuna said nuzzling into Jonghun’s neck. Suzy observed Jonghun intently. She understood what was happening. Jonghun was going back to his old life again after his confession to her failed last night.

Suzy wasn’t bothered about that. A lie. A lie that even Suzy herself couldn’t believe. “Excuse me. I’ve got to use the ladies room.” Hyuna kissed Jonghun noisily and sashayed into the bathroom. “Can you find your own transport back home? I’m thinking of spending another night here with Hyuna.” Jonghun told Suzy his eyes never leaving her face.

Suzy wanted to throw something at him, she wanted to scream at him and tell him to get rid of Hyuna but all she did was nod without even uttering a single word. Jonghun put down his strawberry and looked at Suzy. Why was she being so unresponsive? He knew that she loved him & had feelings for him yet she wasn’t getting mad at him.

Jonghun knew that he was a jerk for using Hyuna to make Suzy admit her true feelings but he had no other choice. However Jonghun didn’t even have to try because Suzy was about as reactive as a painted wall.

Trying hard not to cry in front of Jonghun Suzy packed up her things quietly. She had said that Jonghun wasn’t right for her, that he would be miserable with her. Yet Suzy was the one who was feeling downright miserable at that moment. A soft knock on the door interrupted the thick silence between the couple. Suzy walked over & pulled open the door to reveal a smiling Hongki standing outside.

“Good morning Suzy shi.” He greeted her with an adorable grin. “Good morning Hongki shi.” Suzy smiled back feeling her mood lighten. “Come on in.” Suzy let Hongki in. Jonghun’s brows furrowed in annoyance as he spotted Hongki entering the room grinning like a Cheshire Cat. “This is your revenge Bae Suzy?” he asked her silently. Suzy however steadily ignored him while answering Hongki’s questions softly.

“I’m done packing. We can go now.” Suzy shut the suitcase with a loud snap. “Let’s go then.” Hongki took the suitcase from Suzy & walked out of the door. “He didn’t even bother to greet me.” Jonghun made a face. Suzy turned to Jonghun before she left. “Bye.” She told him sadly. Jonghun noticed the sadness in her eyes & instantly lowered his gaze guiltily.

Suzy..” he started to speak when the bathroom door opened & Hyuna came out touching up her lipstick in a hand held mirror. “Oh you’re leaving?” she asked Suzy happily. Suzy gave her a small smile & bid her goodbye. “Good riddance. Now we can both be alone.” Hyuna sat back down on Jonghun’s lap pretending not to notice the pain in his eyes.

“Was it the honeymoon suite you guys were in?” Hongki questioned casually putting the suitcase in the backseat of his car. Suzy nodded. She didn’t need to look at Hongki’s face to know his expression. “So did..” Hongki looked highly uncomfortable as he took a seat beside Suzy. “No. I didn’t sleep with Jonghun if that is what you know.” Suzy answered frankly. Hongki blushed.

“I didn’t mean to intrude on your personal business..” Hongki apologised. Suzy smiled. “It’s alright Hongki shi. I know that you are just concerned for me.” she replied. “I’m glad you feel that way.” Hongki smiled in relief. “Can I treat you to dinner?” Hongki asked when he saw Suzy’s forlorn expression. “Can you bake me some of your biscotti?” Suzy asked. Hongki laughed & agreed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Thank you so much for your comments & feedback guys! Means a lot to me. :D Hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome! :D

Next chapter will be more HongkixSuzy centered. :)