*~FORTY EIGHT~*

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“Where is your friend Suzy? Your mother was telling me all about the nice young man over the phone.” Mr Bae came out of the kitchen wiping his hands on a dishcloth. It seemed to Suzy that both her mother & Jonghun’s mother had relegated kitchen duty to their husbands & were sitting in the living room sharing gossip from the 70s till that very moment.

“Uh he had to leave Appa. He told me to send you guys his regards though.” Suzy answered avoiding Jonghun’s displeased gaze. “Oh alright then. Come on then. Dinner is ready.” Mr Bae ushered the crowd into the dining room. Throughout the dinner Suzy watched both her parents and Jonghun’s parents engage in playful banter & boisterous conversation.

Su Geun was glued onto his PSP while tucking in ravenously during his little breaks while Jonghun maintained a stony silence not even glancing in Suzy’s direction. Feeling her mood dampen into an all-down low Suzy ate her dinner quietly hoping that Jonghun would come around soon. She didn’t want to ruin the remaining time they had left together with some silly fight.

“Suzy honey.. Why aren’t you eating properly?” Mrs Bae noticed her daughter picking at her food listlessly. “Nothing Omma. I’m not very hungry.” Suzy replied sadly. “What? Suzy refusing to eat? That’s a first. Sometimes Noona even eats my share at dinner back home.” Su Geun quipped & was met with raucous laughter from Jonghun’s parents.

“Not helping.” Suzy glared at her little brother who smirked & went back to his video game. “Are you alright Suzy dear?” Mrs Choi asked her concernedly. “I’m fine Mrs Choi. I’m just.. a little worn out.” Suzy smiled at the older woman whose eyes sparkled knowingly. She knew that Jonghun & her had a fight. Somehow Mrs Choi was very astute in that area. “Jonghun.. Serve Suzy some barbecued pork.” Mr Choi told his son.

“I’m sure she can help herself Dad. The plate is closer to her than it is to me. Or she could ask Hongki to help her.” Jonghun added under his breath. He saw the light behind Suzy’s eyes flicker out at his barb & felt just a slight tinge of regret. He couldn’t help it that he was being so insanely jealous of that guy. Finding himself under the scrutiny of everyone at the table Jonghun stared at his plate of untouched food awkwardly.

“Did you guys have a couple tiff?” Su Geun asked with an evil smile. “That is none of your business.” Suzy growled. “Enough you two.” Mrs Bae said sharply. Jonghun felt his father nudge his foot & looked over at him. “What are you doing? Ever heard about making an impression on your future in-laws?” Mr Choi hissed.

“They already hate me.” Jonghun didn’t even bat an eyelid. He was suddenly exhausted of trying to impress Suzy’s family. If they hated him so be it.

Suzy saw her father’s eyes darken ominously. “Oh no..” Suzy felt her heart sink even further down to her sneakers. Jonghun wasn’t helping his case by acting like a jerk. Suzy understood he was jealous because he loved her too much but her father sadly didn’t.

“Well Suzy you heard the man. Help yourself to the pork. You’re independent.” Mr Bae said acidly. Suzy nodded mutely & helped herself before her father could make the situation worse by confronting Jonghun.

Half an hour of awkward conversation & resentful gazes later Suzy found that she could no longer take the stifling atmosphere of the mini dinner party. “May I be excused? I would like to take a walk to help me digest this delicious meal.” Suzy smiled at the elders at the table. They all nodded & Suzy held her father’s gaze a moment longer than the others.

She hoped he got the message not to pursue the matter with Jonghun’s parents. “Don’t meddle in my affairs.” She warned him before leaving the table. “Did our daughter just threaten you silently?” Mrs Bae whispered to her husband. “She did.” Mr Bae smiled.

His daughter might be headstrong but he realised that she did love Jonghun. It pained him to do so but he was willing to take the backseat in this matter for that moment. “Young love.” Mrs Bae exchanged meaningful glances with Mrs Choi when Jonghun left the table within minutes of Suzy leaving the apartment.

Suzy heaved a sigh of relief when the door of the apartment shut behind her. “I thought someone was going to explode. The last thing I need is a dining table brawl between Appa & Jonghun. That would have been the cherry on top of the cake!” Suzy rolled her eyes. Praying that nothing like that happened in the time she took her walk Suzy quickly walked to the park near her apartment.

The smell of fresh grass mingled with the scent of blooming flowers soothed Suzy’s frazzled nerves & aching heart.“It is difficult to even have one boyfriend. How do some women have the energy to maintain three or four at the same time?” Suzy massaged her aching neck.

Hearing a chirp very close to her Suzy turned around to find a blue jaybird sitting on the bench fixing her with his curious black eyed gaze. “Hello there..” Suzy greeted the bird with a smile. “You’re so beautiful.” Suzy complimented the bird. He inched closer to her chirping in reply as if he understood her every word. “At least you’re not treating me like a child or getting jealous of me & Hongki.” Suzy sighed her mind drifting back to Jonghun.

“Talking to a bird. The first sign of insanity.” Suzy heard the unmistakable tremble of laughter in Jonghun’s voice. “What are you doing here?” Suzy asked him tiredly. If he was going to taunt her about Hongki then she wasn’t in the mood to listen to him. “Gee.. You’re happy to see me.” Jonghun took a seat beside her.

“After how charming you were at the dining table how could I resist?” Suzy retorted caustically. “Are you mad at me?” Jonghun asked. “No.” Suzy answered her eyes still on the bird. “Yes you are.” Jonghun answered & Suzy could feel his gaze intensify. “If you know that then why are you asking me?” Suzy yawned. “I guess I overreacted a bit.” Jonghun admitted when Suzy didn’t make any movement to face him.

“A bit?” Suzy scoffed & then frowned when the bird flew away probably realising that Suzy’s heart belonged to the man behind her. “Will you look at me please?” Jonghun put his hands on Suzy’s shoulder & turned her around so that he could look at her directly. “What Jonghun? You are jealous. You are angry. I think we better just not talk if we are going to fight.” Suzy bit her bottom lip in frustration.

“Alright. I overreacted a lot. I’m sorry.” Jonghun apologised. Suzy merely fiddled with the hem of her dress instead of replying. “Bae Potato! I told you I’m sorry!” Jonghun raised his voice. At the sound of the nickname she hated Suzy’s head shot up. “I told you to stop calling me that.” she snapped. “That is the only way you would listen to me.” Jonghun smiled at the annoyance apparent through Suzy’s chubby red cheeks.

“Fine. I accept your apology. Now leave me alone.” Suzy huffed. “Give me your hand.” Jonghun instructed. “Why?” she asked him. “Just do it Bae Potato!” Jonghun rolled his eyes. “Argh! Alright!” Suzy groaned & gave Jonghun her hand. For the second time she felt something cool being pressed against her hand.

Suzy looked down & saw a ring winking up at her illuminated by the dim glow of the streetlights around the park. “This ring..” Suzy met Jonghun’s eyes. “Yes. It’s the very one. It has always belonged to you.” Jonghun moved closer to Suzy, that time around she didn’t protest.

“Are you sure you want to give this to me? We only had an agreement for a month.” Suzy was unsure if she had the heart to return it to Jonghun or if Jonghun had the heart to accept it back their ‘agreement’ expired. “Yes. Even if..” Jonghun took a deep breath. “Even if you don’t want to be with me after a month you should keep the ring. I want you to have it.” Jonghun told her seriously.

“Jonghun..” Suzy felt all the day’s pent up frustration escape her through her tears. “.. I shouldn’t have given you the ring..” Jonghun muttered under his breath. “No no you babo.. I’m touched you gave me the ring. I’m just frustrated with everything that has been going on today.” Suzy sighed.

“Who knew so many events could be crammed together in one day?” Jonghun agreed. “Thank you Jonghun. For this.” Suzy clasped the ring tightly. She understood what it meant for Jonghun to give her the ring he treasured so much once again. “So shall we continue where we left off?” Jonghun’s hand trailed across Suzy’s back tantalisingly.

“Are you crazy? I’m not going to do it with you in the public park.” Suzy scolded him gently & stood up to leave. “How about my mansion?” Jonghun pulled her back onto his lap again. “My father would kill you.” Suzy hit Jonghun’s chest playfully. “If they didn’t interrupt us we would have..” Jonghun teased Suzy & watched with unmasked amusement as her full cheeks turned completely pink.

“You’re a ert..” Suzy’s words were cut off by Jonghun’s passionate kiss. Jonghun smiled inwardly as Suzy practically melted into his arms. Suzy might deny it outwardly but Jonghun knew that their attraction to each other was not going to be satisfied until they finished what they started back at the bedroom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Thank you for your comments guys! I'm glad that my readers are still with me despite my short absence. I hope this chapter was good. Comments & suggestions are welcome!