~*SIXTY ONE*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“You’re so beautiful.” Jonghun kissed Suzy’s forehead. She was lying on his chest still wide awake her breathing in sync with his breathing. In response to his compliment Suzy wrapped her arms around his shoulders tightly. She had to leave for the hospital soon & once she stepped out of Jonghun’s mansion it would already be their unofficial goodbye to each other.

Watching the clock on the bedroom tick the time away Suzy sighed at the goodbye she will not be saying to Jonghun in a couple more of hours. Realising that she wasn’t in the mood to speak Jonghun wrapped his own arms around Suzy’s waist embracing her warmly. He understood that they both needed the silence to process the silence that was heading their way for the next two years. “You know we can’t..” Suzy looked up directly into Jonghun’s eyes.

“Yes. We can’t keep in contact after you leave for London. We’ve to stay away from each other completely.” Jonghun answered sadly. “Each day apart will be pure utter misery for me.” Suzy laid her head back onto his chest again. “I can’t even begin to tell you just how much I’ll miss you. I’ve already missed you so much within two days of being apart. Two years apart..” Jonghun’s voice trailed off.

“But it has to be done. To my parents not being with you is a sign of my love for them and I love my parents Jonghun but I also love you.” Jonghun felt wetness from Suzy’s cheeks trickling down onto his bare chest. “Ssh.. Don’t cry Bae Potato. Please don’t cry..” he whispered to her caressing her damp cheek. “I can’t help it.. When I’ve to choose between my family & you.. It breaks my heart.” Suzy sniffled. “Come on..” Jonghun sat up & Suzy followed suit.

“Bae Potato. Look at me.” He put a finger under her chin & pushed it up so that Suzy would be forced to look into his eyes. “No matter how corny this might sound I have faith in us. You are the one for me & I’ll wait. I’ll wait for you patiently.” He told her his voice cracking with emotion.

“How can I believe you? You’re the incorrigible womaniser after all.” Suzy hit his chest playfully tears still shining in her eyes. “Well.. maybe I will have fun on the side but I will keep it from you.” Jonghun scratched his chin thoughtfully earning more pummels from Suzy. “You see what I mean you jerk!” she hit him again before falling back into his adoring embrace.

“Can’t you stay for five more minutes?” Jonghun asked an hour later when Suzy untangled herself from his arms & started searching for her clothes. Jonghun watched her getting dressed & smiled inwardly. She wasn’t the iest woman or the most beautiful Jonghun ever had on his bed but Suzy was warm & comforting. Her eyes, her smile & her curves were something he wanted to come home to everyday. Alas he had to be away from her for two years & not even speak to her during that time.

“I have to go visit my father in the hospital. I’ve to tell him that I.. I will be going to London. Alone.” Suzy turned back to him her eyes sorrowful. Jonghun nodded back mutely. He understood her sentiments all too well. “Are you sure you don’t want me to give you a lift to the hospital?” Jonghun asked walking Suzy to the door. “No. I think it’s better if I go alone. Thank you Jonghun.” Suzy answered softly.

The couple stopped at the doorway & lapsed into a painful silence only gazing at each other unable to speak. “So..” Suzy said. “So..” Jonghun replied shuffling his feet from side to side. “Good bye babo.” Suzy gave him a beautiful smile tinged with sadness. “Good bye Bae Potato.” Jonghun could hardly get the words out without tearing up.

Suzy had made her way down to the end of the stairs when she turned around suddenly. Jonghun saw the pain in her reflective eyes & within seconds she had run back up the stairs back into his waiting arms. “How am I going to live without you?” Jonghun whispered into her ear. “Like you did before I came into your life babo.” Suzy whispered back quietly.

“That seems like another life ago. Can I just kidnap you & lock you up in my bedroom?” Jonghun pleaded with her. “You can’t you silly babo!” Suzy smacked his head like she always did when he said something cheesy. “I’m going to miss getting hit by you.” Jonghun released her from the hug reluctantly. “You would miss getting pummelled by me?” Suzy laughed.

“I wouldn’t mind getting pummelled by you every single day if it meant having you with me.” Jonghun sighed. “Oh Jonghun..” Suzy threw her arms around him once again. “If we continue doing this we might never leave this front porch.” Suzy moved away after a few minutes. “Are you really SURE that you don’t need a lift to the hospital?” Jonghun asked with puppy eyes.

“Aigoo babo.. I already told you that I don’t need a lift to the hospital.” Suzy touched Jonghun’s lips & he kissed her fingers tenderly. “Bye.” She stood on her toes & planted a kiss on his forehead. With another long look at him Suzy climbed down the stairs & within a few minutes she was gone. “I love you Bae Potato.” Jonghun called after her even though she couldn’t hear him a single tear slipping down his cheek.

“Suzy? Thank god you’re here! I & your father were worried sick about you! You didn’t answer our calls & when Su Geun went home to get some clothes for me he couldn’t find you either. Where were you?” Mrs Bae rushed up to Suzy the moment she entered her father’s hospital room. “I just needed to be alone for a while.” Suzy answered quietly.

“Were you with him?” Mrs Bae asked in a disapproving voice. Suzy met her mother’s annoyed gaze coolly. “Yes Omma. I was with Jonghun. I need to talk to you & Appa about something important. Will you please come in with me?” Suzy asked her mother. Mrs Bae followed her daughter wordlessly still looking disapproving. “Suzy you’re alright! Where did you go?” Mr Bae who was having his dinner looked up from his chicken soup.

“She was with Jonghun.” Mrs Bae took a seat beside her husband. Mr Bae’s eyes narrowed & he exchanged a look with his wife. “Oh so you have already come to a decision?” Mr Bae intoned in a disappointed tone. “Yes I have.” Suzy replied. “I will go to London.” She said after a pause & saw the faces of her parents light up with joy. “Is Jonghun coming with you?” Mr Bae questioned his smile fading.

“No. We are not together anymore. I will go to London alone.” Suzy turned around to leave the room. “Wait.. you broke up with him?” Mrs Bae questioned in disbelief. “Yes Omma. I broke up with Jonghun. Funnily enough I put both your happiness above mine. You probably didn’t expect this since you’ve made it clear that you think I’m selfish.” Suzy smiled at her parents sadly.

Both Mr & Mrs Bae turned slightly red & exchanged looks once again, that time around it was looks of embarrassment. “We were only mad because you were throwing your future away. Come sit here Suzy..” Mr Bae patted the empty seat beside his bed.

“I’m glad you’re okay Appa. I hope you return home soon before I leave for London in four days. Right now I think I should go home & pack and pick up my tickets from the travel agent.” Suzy’s answer was met with silence.

“You think she is alright dear?” Mr Bae asked his wife after he saw his daughter leaving the room. She wasn’t crying nor was she was furious or aggressive like she had been the previous days but still he could see that his daughter wasn’t herself. “Maybe two years away from Korea will help her start afresh & put a new spin on her life.” Mrs Bae fed her husband more chicken soup though she herself was apprehensive about Suzy’s condition.

“She hasn’t said a single word to us for the past two days.” Mrs Bae nudged her husband in the ribs as they both cleared up the dishes after dinner. Suzy was sitting in the living room with her brother who was cracking jokes but she didn’t laugh even once. “She never fails to laugh at Su Geun’s jokes. She didn’t even eat properly.” Mrs Bae pointed at Suzy’s plate of food that had hardly been touched.

“Give her time.” Mr Bae soothed his wife. “If this is her condition now.. two years all alone.. How is she going to cope dear?” Mrs Bae clucked her tongue. “Our Suzy is strong. Trust her.” Mr Bae turned to glance at Suzy who felt him watching her & turned to him trying her best to smile.

“A health check-up? Why Omma? I’m not in the mood.” Jonghun muttered as his mother dragged him into the hospital. “Well the doctor called me a couple of days ago & told me you hadn’t been for a health check-up since four years ago. Son.. you need to do regular health screening to make sure you’re in the pink of the health!” Mrs Choi scolded her son as they stood in queue to register for their appointment.

“What is the point? Right now I can hardly care..” Jonghun answered & his mother shot him a look. “How are you coping son? I know it’s been two days & you really don’t seem fine.” Mrs Choi took Jonghun’s hand into hers. “I’m fine.” Jonghun lied. “Oh please. You didn’t eat or sleep for two days. Don’t think I haven’t noticed. Your father might be busy but I notice all these things Jonghun.” Mrs Choi peered at her son worriedly.

“Omma.. please.. I’ll be fine. Just give it time. Give me time.” Jonghun handed his identification card to the receptionist who gave him an appreciative smile. She was really pretty with short hair & big eyes. Jonghun would have flirted with her in no time & obtained her number within miutes if it was the old him. Now his heart only belonged to Suzy.

“You see what I mean..” Mrs Choi said knowingly. “What do you mean?” Jonghun feigned ignorance. “If it was the playboy Jonghun he would have gone on a date with the very interested pretty receptionist but you didn’t even glance at her properly. Oh son.. I feel really bad for you.” Mrs Choi sighed. “Omma please..” Jonghun groaned.

How was he supposed to forget Suzy if his mother didn’t let up with her sympathetic gazes & consoling words? “Alright. Alright. I won’t mention Suzy again, even indirectly. Now let’s go for your check-up.” Jonghun felt relieved hearing his mother’s words & followed her into the doctor’s room his mind still going back to the girl he wasn’t supposed to be thinking about.

To his horror & delight he saw Suzy coming out of the doctor’s room holding a large brown envelope. She hadn’t spotted him yet as she was rummaging through the contents of the envelope. Jonghun was too busy staring at Suzy forgot to avert himself from her path & she crashed headfirst into him. “Ow!” she tripped & landed on her .

“You okay?” Jonghun held out his hand & helped her up. “I’m fine. I’m so sorry sir.. I didn’t notice what was going on..” Suzy still hadn’t noticed Jonghun & was busy apologising & gathering up her papers. Jonghun saw his mother gesturing to him that she was going into the doctor’s office & she left after giving him the thumbs up sign. “Are you..okay?” Suzy’s voice faltered as she finally spotted Jonghun. Her eyes grew wide with surprise & then immediately turned sorrowful.

Jonghun knew that his expression was probably a carbon copy of Suzy’s expression but tried to smile. “Hi.” She greeted him awkwardly after a long pause. “Hi.” He answered watching her intently. Jonghun had a sudden incredible urge to caress her soft cheek. “It’s been two days.” Jonghun said quietly. Suzy looked at him a helpless expression taking over her round face. “I miss you.” He told her silently. “I know.” She answered out aloud.

“I should be going now..” Suzy fiddled with her envelope looking behind her as if watching out for someone. “Are you here with..” Jonghun’s voice faltered. “Yeah.. I came with my Omma. She said she needed to use the washroom..” Suzy’s eyes turned sad once again. Jonghun knew that if Suzy’s mother saw them together when they were supposed to stay away from each other Suzy might get into trouble.

“I’m leaving in two days. British Airways, Flight 165. 1am.” Suzy told him looking at him expectantly. “Will you come?” she asked when Jonghun didn’t answer. “Suzy? Where are you?” Jonghun heard Mrs Bae’s voice calling out for her daughter. He hadn’t been spotted yet. “I should go.” Jonghun saw the devastated expression on Suzy’s face & felt his own insides crumble painfully.

He couldn’t promise her that he would be there. Without another word he turned & walked into the doctor’s office leaving Suzy standing in the corridor. When he closed the door Jonghun found his mother standing behind him a sympathetic stare. “I’m unfortunate aren’t I?” he asked her blinking back his tears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Thank you all for the comments & suggestions! I hope this chapter was good. Comments & suggestions are welcome! :D