*~FORTY FIVE~*

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

Omma.. Does this mean you..” Suzy’s eyes lit up with hope but her mother held up her hand. “Not now. Go back in & start kneading the dough. You young man.. Follow me downstairs to the lobby. I left some of the luggage with the security because we couldn’t carry all that up at one shot.” Mrs Bae stopped Jonghun from following Suzy into the apartment.

“Inside NOW!” Mrs Bae barked when Suzy peeked out of the front door trying to see what her mother was doing with Jonghun. “Fine.” Suzy pouted & shut the door behind her. “Let’s go then young man.” Mrs Bae had already entered the elevator. Jonghun quickly followed her inside & watched the older woman press the ‘L’ button for the lobby.

Not daring to speak to her in case she gave him a tongue lashing Jonghun merely kept his gaze fixated on the parquet flooring of the elevator. “Why haven’t you greeted me formally as Suzy’s boyfriend?” Mrs Bae questioned when they both exited the elevator. “I..I was scared of you & Mr Bae. I’m sorry Mrs Bae.” Jonghun gave her a small bow & apologised.

“So.. do it now.” Mrs Bae raised her eyebrows. “Hello Mrs Bae. My name is Choi Jonghun & I’m Suzy’s boyfriend. It’s very nice to meet you.” Jonghun introduced himself formally & seriously. “Well that’s better seeing that the first time I met you officially was when you were lying on top of my daughter half .” Mrs Bae clucked her tongue.

Blushing deeply Jonghun looked away unable to look Suzy’s mother in the eye. He was fast turning into every parent’s worst nightmare & Jonghun was determined to solve any misunderstandings. “Do you love her?” Mrs Bae asked curiously when Jonghun lifted up the two heavy cartons effortlessly.

“I do. Very much.” Jonghun answered seriously. “Then maybe you can start by convincing us that you are good enough for her.” Mrs Bae finally smiled. “I will try my best Mrs Bae.” Jonghun nodded eagerly.

“Su Geun! Are you going to ever help me out over here? I can’t sift two kilos of flour by myself!” Suzy yelled at her brother who was busy watching a Korean drama. “Gimme a break Noona! I’ve been working hard in Gwangju all year long. At least let me enjoy watching television now!” Su Geun yelled back.

“You’re hopeless!!” Suzy shouted to be heard over the noise of the deafening television set. “Need any help?” her father walked in drying his hair on a towel. Suzy stiffened. She didn’t want another confrontation with her father, not while she was trying to single-handedly sift a couple of kilos of flour by herself with an extremely large sieve.

Noticing his daughter’s rigid posture her father sighed & put down the towel. “Are we going to continue fighting?” Mr Bae walked to his daughter who was ignoring him. “We might if you continue to tell me how to live my life.” Suzy replied coolly. “Would you not be angry with me if I tell you that I’m willing to give your boyfriend another chance to prove himself?” Mr Bae asked.

Suzy dropped the sieve into the basin. “Are you serious Appa?” she questioned her eyes large with shock. Why did her father have such a sudden change of heart? Just fifteen minutes ago he was acting as if Jonghun was the spawn of Satan himself. “Your Omma convinced me. I still don’t like that guy but if he makes you that happy I’m willing to set aside my anger & give him another chance.” Mr Bae sighed once more in resignation.

“So you won’t be mean to him anymore?” Suzy questioned still not exactly believing her father. “Yes you silly goose. I will try my best to be civil to him.” Mr Bae answered. “Thank you Appa. This means a lot to me.” Suzy finally smiled. “The first smile you’ve graced me with since I first reached Seoul.” Mr Bae embraced his daughter. Suzy returned her father’s hug wholeheartedly.

“Have you guys made up?” Mrs Bae asked strolling in with Jonghun in tow. The latter who was staggering under the weight of two large cardboard boxes. “Let me help you!” Suzy started to go towards Jonghun when her father stopped her. “No dear. I’m sure Jonghun can handle himself.” Mr Bae smirked. Shooting her father a suspicious glance Suzy nodded in agreement.

“Yes I can sir.” Jonghun said determinedly & set down the boxes slowly. “Good. Now you can clean the oven.” Mrs Bae handed a pair of gloves to Jonghun along with a bottle of grease remover. “No problem Mrs Bae.” Jonghun said with a smile. Suzy felt her heart sink. Her parents were really giving Jonghun a hard time.

“My poor baby..” Suzy thought inwardly. “Let’s sift the flour.” Mrs Bae told Suzy in a stern voice as if she could read her daughter’s thoughts. Shooting Jonghun one last helpless glance Suzy turned around to help her mother.

After one hour of vigorous scrubbing of the oven Jonghun finally heaved a sigh when he saw everything sparkling so brightly he could see his own reflection in it. His own sweaty ragged expression. “If my fans could see me now.. they would treat me like a leper.” Jonghun tried to wipe the grease from his cheek.

“Here you go.” He heard Suzy’s voice close beside him. He found Suzy standing beside him a pink washcloth in her hand. “You’re all greasy.” She smiled & wiped off the grease off his cheek tenderly. “Your parents sure know how to give a man a tough time.” Jonghun wiped a drop of imaginary sweat from his brow.

“I’m their only daughter so it’s natural that they want a son in-law who will treat me like a princess.” Suzy laughed. “Is that why I’m treated like Cinderella before her transformation?” Jonghun grumbled. Upon seeing his dejected tired expression Suzy’s eyes became downcast.

“I’m sorry.” she put the washcloth in Jonghun’s hand & went back to kneading the dough for the dumplings. Before she could go back Jonghun had pulled her back into his embrace. “No Suzy.. I’m sorry.. I shouldn’t have taken out my anger on you.” Jonghun spoke into Suzy’s hair.

“You two lovebirds done?” a loud voice interrupted their embrace. Jonghun & Suzy broke apart & he groaned. He had lost count of how many times he had been interrupted while being with Suzy in that one day. “Sorry to interrupt your making up session but Appa & Omma are in the living room lugging in bags of groceries. So why don’t you go & be a good boyfriend and help them out?” Su Geun looked at Jonghun pointedly.

“Why don’t you be a good son & go help them out first babo?” Suzy snapped at Su Geun. “Noona you’re PMSing a little too early this month.” Su Geun teased Suzy & ducked when she threw a mitten at him.

The mitten that hit her father square in the forehead. “Kids! What did I tell you? No throwing mittens in the kitchen!” Mrs Bae scolded her daughter & son. “Yes Omma.” Suzy & Su Geun answered obediently.

Two hours later the party of five had finally managed to finish preparing dinner. Along with the bimibap & fried pork dumplings Mrs Bae had also used some of the instant dishes Jonghun had bought for Suzy. Suzy her lips at the spread of dishes on the dining table. She had missed her mother’s homemade dishes so much.

“Now now.. Don’t touch the food before you get cleaned up.” Mrs Bae rapped Suzy’s knuckles. The doorbell chimed interrupting Suzy’s counter argument. “Are you expecting anyone?” Suzy’s parents looked at her expectantly. “Um. No.” Suzy shook her head.

“Never mind.. go see who it is.” Mrs Bae shooed her daughter away before she could grab a morsel off the plates. Pouting like a little girl Suzy walked over to the front door & pulled it open. “SURPRISE!” Mr & Mrs Choi chorused together. “Oh man! Not again!!” Jonghun groaned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Thank you for your comments guys! I hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome! The next few chapters will definitely be a rollercoaster ride. :)