~*FIFTY ONE*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“What do you mean? Do you have something special planned that is going to shock me?” Suzy asked pausing in between bites. “You need to find that out for yourself.” Jonghun once again making Suzy smile. “You’re too smooth for your own good yah Choi Jonghun.” Suzy eyed him over her coffee cup. “That’s part of my charm. Admit it you’ve already fallen for it!” Jonghun waggled his eyebrows at which Suzy started cracking up.

“Here have some kimchi fried rice.” Jonghun pushed the huge platter laden with tangy smelling fried rice. “Kimchi fried rice? Is that a new creation?” Suzy eyed the plate curiously. “Yeah it’s a fusion of Chinese & Korean dishes. The chef specially prepared it for you.” Jonghun smiled. “It’s delicious.” Suzy nodded in approval after tasting a spoonful of the fragrant rice.

“Chef Choo never disappoints. Who would have thought of combining kimchi with Chinese ingredients?” Jonghun returned Suzy’s nod in an equally approving manner. “Tell me something Bae Potato.” Jonghun fixed his gaze on Suzy. She turned to look at him looking slightly annoyed. “What?” she asked him coolly. “If you were to choose between me & a plate of rice cakes who would you choose?” Jonghun asked her with a grin. “Do you even have to ask?” Suzy raised her eyebrows.

“I can’t believe a plate of rice cakes has more appeal to you than me.” Jonghun answered disappointedly. “You babo.. I would pick YOU!” Suzy giggled. “Ah. Me?” Jonghun smiled. “Well only because by picking you I can have more than one plate of rice cakes.” Suzy deadpanned. “Why you..” Jonghun’s mouth fell open. Suzy started laughing gregariously at Jonghun’s expression & covered with her hand to stifle her deafening giggles.

“Bae Suzy! You will pay for your insolence!” Jonghun stood up & advanced towards Suzy threateningly. “What are you going to do? Tickle me?” Suzy yawned. “No.. I’m going to kimchify you.” Jonghun lunged for the plate of kimchi in front of Suzy & without warning plastered her face with the pickled vegetables. “Yah.. You..” Suzy sputtered trying to catch her breath after the sudden kimchi attack. “I’m right here. Take your revenge..” Jonghun taunted her playfully.

“You asked for it!” Suzy growled & stood up grabbing the plate of kimchi. Within minutes she & Jonghun were engaged in a kimchi war with pickled vegetables flying all over the dining hall. “This is so childish!” Jonghun complained when a piece of kimchi hit him square in the forehead. “You started this first!” Suzy said from her place behind her chair.

“Alright. Truce. Truce.” Jonghun called out coming out with his hands raised. Suzy watched him for a moment before leaving her place behind her chair. However as she neared Jonghun she realised that he was grinning. Mischievously. “Gotcha!” Jonghun said before tackling her to the floor & slathering her cheeks with kimchi. “You jerk!! You tricked me!” Suzy screamed as Jonghun laughed triumphantly. “I win!” Jonghun smirked.

“Ergh. You’re just disgusting.” Suzy muttered quietly. “My tactics might be underhanded but at least I produce results.” Jonghun stood up & brushed dust off his pants. “Cheap shot!” Suzy continued complaining as Jonghun helped her up. “Aw.. You still look cute with kimchi all over your face. Actually it suits you well.” Jonghun pointed at Suzy’s kimchi stained face.

“Whatever.” Suzy went past the kitchen into the bathroom. Jonghun snorted when he heard her scream upon seeing her reflection in the mirror. “You really did a number on me didn’t you?” Suzy poked her head outside to glare at Jonghun. “Is this the utterly romantic night you have planned for me? Wonder what sort of romantic events am I supposed to expect from you?” Suzy rolled her eyes when she spotted Jonghun standing behind her through the mirror.

It will be romantic but not in the way you expected. I ensure you that you will become mine tonight.” Jonghun nodded with certainty. “Hmph. We’ll see about that. If you have planned any more kimchi fights better let me know now. I want to prepare a battle plan.” Suzy grabbed a washcloth & ran it under the tap. With a shake of her head she walked towards Jonghun & started wiping his face with it.

“Always playing like a child.. I wonder when you will ever be serious Choi Jonghun?” Suzy dabbed at a spot on Jonghun’s right cheek. “I’m serious about you. I might not be serious about a lot of things but you.. I’m dead serious.” Jonghun took hold of Suzy’s hand to stop her from cleaning her face.

She met his eyes & found them locking her own in an intense gaze. “Okay Casanova.. I believe you.” Suzy looked away unable to handle the intensity in Jonghun’s eyes. “You don’t but you will soon. Come..” Jonghun took Suzy’s hand & led her to the dining hall to continue their paused dinner.

“That was absolutely delicious. Even cold chicken dumpling soup tastes so good! You must give me the number of this Chef Choo.” Suzy her lips after downing almost an entire turret of the chicken soup. “Why? Are you planning to make a play for him for his food? I’m sorry to inform you that Choo is sixty four with four grandchildren. All who are older than you.” Jonghun winked.

Suzy faked a pout. “Aw.. That’s too bad.. but then again I’ve always liked older men.” Suzy cracked up. “Eww.. Can’t get that thought of my mind now. Must erase my imagination.” Jonghun spoke in a robotic voice. “Now for our second activity.. no third.. after our dinner & our kimchi fight.” Jonghun made the sound of a drumroll.

“Tada!” Jonghun removed the blindfold he had tied around Suzy’s eyes. “Huh? What?” Suzy blinked in confusion. Jonghun had led her to the back garden. An empty plot overlooked by the ink black sky littered with twinkling stars that reminded Suzy of Jonghun’s eyes when he smiled. “What are we doing here?” Suzy turned around to look at him the confusion apparent in her eyes. “We are going to plant a tree.” Jonghun announced happily.

“A tree?” Suzy repeated after him still puzzled. “Yeah. Since you always tell me to do meaningful things we are going to plant a tree together. I already got all the things we need.” Jonghun pointed at the wheelbarrow, the bag of fertiliser, shovels, work boots, gloves together with a tree sapling wrapped in a large black trash bag.

“You surprise me.” Suzy raised her eyebrows. “There are a lot of sides to me. You will get to know all these sides soon enough.” Jonghun pulled on his work boots & handed Suzy hers. “We both have the same foot size. 185mm right?” Jonghun teased Suzy watching her round face flare pink with embarrassment. “My foot size is 150mm alright. Stop exaggerating.” She scolded him pulling on a pair of gloves.

“Okay okay.” Jonghun raised his hands in surrender. “What sort of tree is this?” Suzy asked as she & Jonghun both heaved the tree sapling into the hole they had dug with the shovels. It was hard work but Suzy enjoyed every bit of it. Like Jonghun said it was a meaningful thing & Suzy loved meaningful things even if they were hard to carry out.

“It’s a white willow. I thought it suits you very well.” Jonghun looked over at Suzy as they added fertiliser to the soil. “White willow? What a pretty name.” Suzy answered absent-mindedly. “Do you want to take a bath?” Suzy asked when they both were satisfied with their handiwork. “If I’m taking it with you!” Jonghun retorted immediately earning a blush from Suzy. The finale of the night was still yet to come.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Haha! I'm sorry guys but I didn't want to rush things between Jonghun & Suzy. Like it's said the finale of the night is yet to come. I'm in the midst of writing it out & the next chapter would be rated 'M' for ahem.. obvious reasons. LOL! Anyways I hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome! :D