~*FORTY SIX*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“Mr & Mrs Choi! What are you doing here?” Suzy’s eye lit up at the sight of Jonghun’s parents. She had missed speaking to them & listening to their bantering. “We haven’t seen our son for so long that we were going to file a Missing Persons report for him.” Suzy giggled at Mr Choi’s grave tone. “Dad! Come on!” Jonghun groaned.

“What? It’s the truth!” Mr Choi walked in without waiting for an invitation. “Your father is right you know.. We’ve hardly seen you for the past couple of day. I guess I know why now.. You’re too busy with Suzy.” Mrs Choi laughed. “Wait.. Is there someone else here?” Mrs Choi sniffed the air obviously smelling the spread Suzy’s mother had laid out on the dining table.

“Actually my parents & younger brother are here.” Suzy answered awkwardly shuffling her feet. Mr & Mrs Choi stopped in their tracks. “Your parents are here?! Oh my.. I hope we didn’t ruin any of your plans..” Mr Choi scratched his neck awkwardly in exactly the same manner that Jonghun always did. “No you didn’t. Maybe you would like to join us? There is plenty of food to go around.” Suzy gestured towards the dining table.

“Suzy? Who is that?” Mrs Bae called from the kitchen. “It’s Jonghun’s parents Omma.” Suzy answered. “What?!” she heard her mother yelp in surprise. A few minutes later Mrs Bae emerged from the kitchen tucking in a few errant strands into her messy bun. “Welcome! I’m sorry we’ve been such poor hosts. My daughter didn’t bother telling that we had visitors.” Mrs Bae glared at Suzy who coloured slightly.

“Please don’t worry about it. In fact it is we who should be apologising to you for showing up without warning.” Mrs Choi smiled warmly as Mrs Bae shook her hand. “This is my husband David. I’m Anne.” Mrs Choi introduced herself to Suzy’s mother.

“I’m Vicky. My husband Gabriel is in the kitchen trying to unclog the sink with my son.” Mrs Bae pointed at the direction of the kitchen where loud grumbling was heard. “Hold it there Su Geun. Argh! I told you to hold it the other way round!” Mr Bae’s voice echoed through the silence. “What other way? It’s either this way or that. You just told me to hold it!” Su Geun’s annoyed voice came as a reply.

“Honey! We’ve got guests out here! And we can hear you!” Mrs Bae cooed in a sugary voice. Mr Bae & Su Geun stopped arguing abruptly. “Oh sorry honey.. We’ll be right out.” Suzy could hear the embarrassment in her father’s voice. After some almost inaudible muttering Mr Bae & Su Geun emerged from the kitchen covered in dirty sink water.

“Honey you stink..” Mrs Bae wrinkled her nose in distaste. “Sorry.. it’s the sink. It’s clogged.” Mr Bae shrugged. “I’d like you to meet Jonghun’s parents. David & Anne Choi.” Mrs Bae introduced her husband to Mr & Mrs Choi. “Hi. Nice to meet you guys. I’m Gabriel. Sorry for the mess..” Mr Bae grinned sheepishly. “This is my son Su Geun.” Mr Bae dragged Su Geun into the living room. “Hello Mr & Mrs Choi.” Su Geun greeted them tiredly when Mr Bae stepped on his foot.

“The three of us will get washed up. Suzy please entertain our guests. Jonghun please serve your parents some of my homemade barley.” Mrs Bae gave Jonghun a small nod before dragging her husband & son away. “Your parents seem sweet.” Mrs Choi patted Suzy’s hand. Jonghun snorted. His parents apparently haven’t seen Mr & Mrs Bae in their ‘protective parent’ mode.

“It’s not exactly their fault you’re being treated like a criminal. They did find you half on top of their daughter.” Jonghun cursed his rotten luck for the millionth time. “Son.. What are you daydreaming about? Suzy is right beside you.” Mrs Choi pointed at Suzy.

“I think he’s just tired Mrs Choi.” Suzy entwined her hand with Jonghun’s. “Tired? What have you been doing Suzy that is making my son so tired?” Mr Choi’s eyes sparkled. Suzy blushed right down to the roots of her hair.

“DAD!” Jonghun made a gagging sound. His father sometimes got carried away with his teasing. “Thank goodness Suzy’s parents aren’t here or else Mr Bae would have probably ripped me a new one.” Jonghun heaved a sigh of relief. “Alright sorry..” Mr Choi apologised still not losing his cheeky smile.

“What’s that ringing?” Mrs Bae looked around for the culprit who was causing the disturbance. “This Suzy is so untidy.. I already told her countless times to clean up her bedroom. She is just as messy here as she was back in Gwangju.” Mrs Bae clucked her tongue moving aside a pile of Suzy’s clothes on her bed. After a minute she found Suzy’s cell phone that was ringing incessantly.

“Hello?” she answered the phone. “Hello? Suzy?” an unfamiliar male voice said on the other line. “Hmm.. Who is this young man?” Mrs Bae wondered. “Suzy?” the voice wavered uncertainly. “Who is this?” Mrs Bae asked him. There was a pause on the other end before the guy answered. “I’m Hongki. Who is this?” he asked her. “I’m Suzy’s mother.” She answered.

“Oh..” Another pause, this time longer filled the air. “Hello aunty. I’m Lee Hongki. It’s nice to meet you.” Hongki replied quietly. “Hi Hongki. It’s nice to meet you. Are you Suzy’s friend?” Mrs Bae asked. “Yes I am Mrs Bae.” Hongki’s answer was almost too soft to be heard.

“May I speak to Suzy please Mrs Bae?” Hongki asked after one more awkward pause. “Sure. Just give me a minute.” Mrs Bae pulled open the door of the bedroom & hollered. “SUZY! HONGKI IS ON THE LINE!” she bellowed.

“Hongki?” Suzy shared a look with Jonghun. “What does he want with you?” Jonghun’s face turned stony. “Just let me speak to him.” Suzy patted Jonghun’s hand & walked to the bedroom. “Is he another boyfriend?” Mrs Bae whispered. “No he isn’t. He’s just a friend.” Suzy whispered back & grabbed the phone from her mother.

“Really? Invite him for dinner.” Mrs Bae gave an approving nod. “Ssh..” Suzy shushed her mother. “Hongki shi.. how are you? It’s been a while since I spoke to you. How are you? How was your trip to Jeju island?” Suzy asked. “It was fine Suzy shi. I was missing you though.” Suzy could feel Hongki’s smile through the phone.

“Oh.. I..” Suzy bit her tongue. She still hadn’t told Hongki that she was now Jonghun’s girlfriend for only a month. “Your parents are there I presume. I spoke to your mother. She was pretty interesting.” Suzy laughed at Hongki’s unsure tone. Her mother could be pretty intimidating especially for people who encounter her for the first time.

“My mother is harmless. Sorry if you scared you.” Suzy giggled. “Oh no.. she didn’t scare me.” Hongki hurriedly try to defend himself. “Alright. Alright. So are you having dinner now?” Suzy asked. “Actually.. I thought of having dinner with you so I dropped by your apartment but I guess you’re busy with your parents being there & stuff..” Hongki’s voice trailed off.

“What? You’re here? Why didn’t you come up?” Suzy questioned. “Um. I’m outside your house now.” Hongki replied. “You are?” Suzy raised her eyebrows. It was quite unusual for Hongki to show up so abruptly without giving her a heads up.

“Where are you going?” Jonghun asked curiously when Suzy walked past him to the front door. “Hongki shi is here. I think he got me something from his Jeju island trip.” Suzy told him with a smile. “Ergh. Why is he here?” Jonghun rolled his eyes.

“Don’t get jealous son. Suzy is already yours.” Mrs Choi chided her son. “Only for a month.” Jonghun replied bitterly. Maybe after a month she would.. She would become Hongki’s girlfriend. Seeds of doubt had already begun to sow themselves inside Jonghun. He didn’t know why but he always became incredibly insecure when Lee Hongki was involved in any matters regarding Suzy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Sorry for the tardy update guys. I was busy with something. Anyways I hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome! Suzy's apartment is getting a bit crowded isn't it? LOL!