*~THIRTY EIGHT~*

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“Here you go.” Jonghun paid for the stamps & handed Suzy the full booklet of stamps. “Thanks.” Suzy opened the booklet & took out a couple of stamps. Sticking it on the large white manila envelope that contained her reply to the acceptance letter Suzy turned to Jonghun her eyes still holding unasked questions.

“Good then. Let’s post it.” pointing at the mailbox situated outside the convenience store Jonghun exited the shop without waiting for Suzy. “What is his rush?” Suzy wondered once again & followed him out of the store after saying her thanks to the cashier.

Jonghun waited for Suzy outside the store by the mailbox & did an inward cheer when Suzy strolled out her expression still puzzled. “Go on.. Post it.” Jonghun nodded at her encouragingly. Smiling at him softly Suzy slipped the envelope into the ‘Overseas’ mail compartment & heard it hit the bottom of the mailbox with a soft thud.

“Done.” She told Jonghun. “Come.. Let’s go have breakfast. It’s our first official breakfast as a couple.” Jonghun slipped his arm around Suzy’s waist. Not protesting Suzy allowed Jonghun to walk her to the car. “So where do you want to eat?” Jonghun asked through the mid of their journey.

Suzy shrugged. “I’m fine with anything..” she answered absent-mindedly. “How about an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet?” Jonghun suggested. He knew one of the hotels in the city who served up the most scrumptious spread of breakfast buffet & you usually had to book at least one month in advance to have a meal there but Jonghun knew the manager there personally so he & his girlfriends would usually have a guaranteed standing reservation.

“Do you mind if I go freshen up at home first? I must look like I’ve been dragged backwards through a bush.” Suzy checked her reflection in the rear view mirror & winced. “Ergh.. I can’t believe this. I really do look that way..” Suzy sighed.

Jonghun glanced at her trying not to smile at her comment. Sometimes when Suzy went into her self-loathing moods she didn’t understand how hilarious it was for Jonghun to sit by her side and listen to her grumble.

“You look beautiful. Just run a comb through your tangles.” Jonghun increased the speed of his Mercedes. “Take it easy.. The morning traffic is already a killer without you trying to be the Ghost Rider.” Suzy warned Jonghun when a blue sedan in front of them stopped without warning causing Jonghun to apply the brakes suddenly.

“That moron doesn’t know how to drive!” Jonghun gestured at the offending vehicle wildly. “Relax..” Suzy put her hand on Jonghun’s shaking ones. After that little action Suzy saw the tension behind Jonghun’s eyes fading away. “Do you still need to go back home?” Jonghun asked honking irritably at the slow moving Jeep in front of the Mercedes.

“No.. I think I’ll run a comb through my hair.” Suzy replied making Jonghun smile. “Ow. That freaking hurts!” Suzy whimpered as she tried to detangle her messy hair that had somehow managed to knot itself into tiny impossible tangles.

“Do you need some hair gel? I always have a bottle as backup in my car.” Jonghun pulled up near a sidewalk & rummaged through the compartment on Suzy’s side. “That is why your hair is Baywatch worthy.” Suzy .

Taking that quip in his stride Jonghun finally found the bottle of hair gel & handed it to Suzy. “How do you get this thing off?” Suzy fumbled with the cap of the hair gel bottle clumsily. “You just twist it off silly.” Jonghun twisted the cap off & before he knew it the bottle of hair gel exploded without warning.

“Argh!!” Suzy screamed while Jonghun muttered a curse under his breath. “You twist it off eh?” Suzy sputtered attempting to wipe off the hair gel from her face & neck. “Sorry..” Jonghun apologised pulling out a packet of wet tissue from the same compartment.

Grabbing a couple of wet tissues Jonghun helped Suzy get the gunk of her face & neck. “Guess now I’ll really have to get back home & change.” Suzy laughed. “You’ve got a gob of hair gel on your upper lip..” Jonghun pointed & leaned forward to wipe it off.

“Thanks..” Suzy said & stopped short when she realised that Jonghun was going to kiss her. “Our first kiss as an official couple..” Jonghun pulled Suzy closer to him. Finding herself anticipating that moment Suzy closed her eyes & waited for Jonghun’s lips to touch hers when a deafening blast of car horn caused the couple to spring apart.

“What the hell?” Suzy clutched her heart in fright. Jonghun uttered another curse & started up the engine once again. The moment was gone. “I’ll just.. drive you home.” Jonghun told Suzy. She nodded at him silently. Guess their first official kiss as a couple had to wait till their first official date as a couple.

A tickle started up Hyuna’s throat & she woke up coughing violently. Her unfocused eyes still heavy with sleep Hyuna tried to wake herself up by giving herself a couple of slaps. When she finally felt awake enough she glanced around & did a double take. She was in one of the bedrooms in Jonghun’s mansion but it wasn’t Jonghun’s room.

It was one of the guest rooms & Hyuna saw with horror that she only had a blanket wrapped around herself. “Did I..” she gasped & turned to find a muscular arm draped around her waist.. from inside the blanket.

“Dino?” Hyuna moved the blanket to reveal a content sleeping Dino underneath the silky fabric. She had slept with Dino. She had gotten absolutely sloshed at the party the night before & she had slept with him.

Dino opened his eyes at the mention of his name & smiled up at Hyuna tenderly. “Morning. How are you feeling?” he sat up & Hyuna gulped when the blanket fell away to reveal his taut muscular physique. “How did this happen? Were we that drunk that we slept together?” Hyuna was ashamed at herself.

She could usually handle her alcohol pretty well.. What had happened last night for her to lose control? “Do you regret it?” Dino asked her sadly. “I don’t remember much except for..” Hyuna stopped. Actually now that she thought of it she remembered the events of the previous night quite clearly.

She had been the one who had kissed Dino after her tenth shot of tequila. “I was the one who..” Hyuna hung her head in shame. “You kissed me first but I allowed you to because I’m honestly very attracted to you. I don’t regret what I did last night.” Dino met Hyuna’s gaze squarely.

“But..” Hyuna opened to protest when Dino put a finger up to her lips silencing her. ‘You’re attracted to me too Hyuna. You weren’t that drunk when you kissed me. Maybe you finally came to terms that you deserve who loves you back.” Dino moved a strand of hair away from Hyuna’s eyes.

“Are you going to tell Jonghun?” he asked her. Hyuna stared out of the window. After a long moment of silence she gave a very slight nod. Dino was right. Maybe it was time for her to come to terms about where she stood with Jonghun. “And I owe him an explanation for what I did with Dino in a bedroom of his own mansion.” Hyuna thought inwardly.

“I’m really sorry for the exploding hair gel bottle.” Jonghun apologised removing another gob of hair gel stuck to Suzy’s hair as he walked her up to her apartment. “It’s not your fault.” Suzy answered amicably. “Some first official kiss eh? Exploding hair gel bottles & blaring car horns. All part of a morning’s routine.” Jonghun heaved a depressed sign.

“Well.. It was not so bad. I kind of liked our pre-first date at the ice skating rink.” Suzy shrugged. Jonghun’s demeanour brightened at her words. “So can today’s early morning disaster be forgotten?” Jonghun wanted to know.

“It can.” Suzy leaned forward & wrapped her arms around Jonghun’s shoulders. “Are you going to tell Hyuna?” Suzy asked speaking into his jacket. “As soon as I get back home.” Jonghun assured her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note : I’m sorry I can’t rush into Jonghun & Suzy’s first date or Jonghun & Hyuna talking things out without this chapter. It’s necessary for me to properly move the story along so I apologise if things are unfolding slowly.

Anyways I hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome as always! :D