~*THIRTY SIX*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

Suzy met Jonghun’s eyes across the skating rink & felt something at the pit of her stomach. Usually Suzy ridiculed the idea of feeling butterflies in one’s stomach as she had never experienced it before even when she was dating Hyun Woo but now.. She felt something that suspiciously resembled butterflies.

“It must be the way he looks at you..” Suzy shivered recalling how Jonghun’s lips had felt against hers when he kissed her under that mistletoe. “Stop it. Stop letting him disorientate you!” Suzy rubbed his arms to keep herself warm & her hands brushed against her scraped elbow. Yelping in pain Suzy quickly dropped her hands to her sides. She might make her injury worse with her strength where even a simple brush might equate to slapping.

“Hey.. You alright? Minhwan is getting the skates for us. I told him your foot size. It’s 8.5 right? Or is it 9?” Jonghun asked not bothering to hide his amusement. “Very funny. It’s 8.5 alright. My foot size is only 249.99mm.” Suzy’s cheeks inflated with a pout. “Hey.. I’m not judging.. It’s alright to have big feet.” Jonghun laughed at Suzy’s expression.

“I just have above average sized feet.” She shrugged her eyes flashing dangerously. Jonghun knew that he was pushing it but didn’t care. Suzy looked even more attractive when she was mad at him. “Most of my girlfriends wear only a size 6 heel.” He . “Compare me with one of those s again & you won’t have your two front teeth in two seconds.” Suzy growled.

“Alright Alright! No need to get all violent. You look good with big feet anyway.” Jonghun added for good measure. “Somehow I don’t find that comment to be flattering at all.” Suzy turned up her nose. “Don’t be mad Suzy. At least we both will be able to share our shoes if we get married.” Jonghun snorted & ducked as Suzy tried to box his head.

“Don’t you think I’ll look good in your heels?” Jonghun batted his eyes & asked in a sing-song voice. Unable to hold back her laughter Suzy burst out into uncontrollable fits of giggles. “You’re really a babo!” she shook her head.

“I’m glad you guys are having fun.. Here you go Jonghun. Your skates & Suzy shi’s skates.” Minhwan appeared holding two pairs of skates in his hands. Thanking him Suzy took her pair of skates & hobbled over to a bench. “Thanks dude. I owe you one now for this favour.” Jonghun took out his wallet when Minhwan stopped him.

“No no.. It’s alright. You don’t need to pay me. I can see that this girl is different from your other girlfriends. Hope you two will be happy. I’m going back to sleep so wake me up when you’re ready to leave.” Minhwan gave Jonghun a two finger wave & walked off to catch up on his winks. “Should I chip in for the skates?” Suzy took out her wallet when Jonghun stopped her. “Minhwan said it was on the house.” He told her.

“Really? Minhwan shi said it was on the house? I don’t think it’s right to have skate for free since you said Minhwan shi was in debt before.” Suzy pursed her lips. “I’ll pay him later when he is fully awake. I think the dude just wanted to go back to sleep.” Jonghun sat down to tie his own skates when he saw that Suzy was having trouble bending over to tie the skates because of her injuries. “She has too much of pride to even ask for help.” Jonghun clucked his tongue.

Tossing aside his own skates Jonghun kneeled down opposite Suzy & put helped her slip into the skates. “It’s alright Jonghun.. I can handle it myself.” Suzy attempted to move away. “No you can’t. You can’t even bend over to tie the laces because you are hurt.” Jonghun pointed at the large white bandage on Suzy’s knee.

Unable to protest any more Suzy sighed reluctantly & let Jonghun put the skates on her. Jonghun took Suzy’s leg, rested it against his knee & tied up her skate laces expertly. “Single or double bow?” Jonghun asked. “You make it sound like an order for an ice-cream parlour. Double bow please.” Suzy giggled. “As you wish Your Majesty.” Jonghun bowed.

Within minutes the skates were fastened onto Suzy’s feet tied together by two expertly tied double bows. “These are so pretty. You keep surprising me.” Suzy nodded approvingly at her hot pink skates. “You still haven’t seen half of what I am capable of.” Jonghun waggled his eyebrows.

“Come now.. Let’s skate.” Jonghun pointed to the empty skating rink where the ice seem to sparkle with an unearthly glow under the shining fluorescent lights & the chilly night air. “Wow.. That looks beautiful!” Suzy’s breath caught in her chest at the gorgeous sight unfolding in front of her eyes.

She took Jonghun’s hand & he led her slowly to the centre of the rink. Suzy wobbled precariously for a few moments but Jonghun steadied her by placing his hands on her shoulders. “Careful.. You okay?” he asked her bending down to peer into her eyes. Suzy met his eyes & nodded in reply.

The couple started moving slowly with Jonghun guiding Suzy around the rink taking small baby steps. “This is the first time I’m skating.. Can you believe it?” Suzy asked Jonghun when she almost slipped & fell flat on her . “I know. That is why I wanted to bring you ice skating at this time so that you won’t embarrass yourself if you fall flat on your .” Jonghun grinned at her.

“Hmm.. I don’t think so.. You don’t seem to be an expert on ice skating either.” Suzy smirked when Jonghun almost took a backward tumble. “I’m curious Bae Suzy. How come you’ve never been ice skating before?” Jonghun asked when they had already taken their third round around the rink. “I don’t know.. I just never got around to trying it. Or maybe I was too scared that I might injure the other skaters by being a big klutz.” Suzy laughed.

“You are a big klutz.” Jonghun told her honestly. Suzy rolled her eyes. “Gee.. Thanks.” she almost slipped again when Jonghun caught her by the waist. “You’re a big klutz with big feet & I really want to be the boyfriend of this klutz. So what do you say Bae Suzy? Do you agree?” Jonghun rested his forehead against Suzy’s.

Suzy didn’t know what it was.. The romantic atmosphere, the ethereal lights from above, the mist swirling up from the ice or Jonghun’s arms around her waist but she found herself nodding. “Yes.” She breathed watching Jonghun’s eyes light up with a spark that shone even brighter than the moon waning over their heads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note : Thank you for the comments guys! You guys are awesome & I almost get a comment within an hour of posting up a chapter. Thank you for your never ending support my lovely readers! <3

I’m sorry for the short chapter but I needed to post up this before my inspiration for the ending scene faded away. Hope it was good anyways. Comments & suggestions are welcome!

ftislandfanatic – I’ve never watched Secret Garden sadly. I only watch Korean dramas randomly & the last one I watched fully was some time ago.. East of Eden back in 2010. I just googled SG and it’s about a bickering couple switching bodies. Haha! Don’t worry Jonghun & Suzy won’t be switching bodies but they’ll bicker for sure. Keke..