~*SIXTEEN*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

Suzy placed her toothbrush on top of the pile of clothes she had neatly folded & placed in the luggage bag. “Am I forgetting something? I know I’m forgetting something.” Suzy racked her brains to find out what it was she was forgetting but couldn’t figure it out no matter how much she tried. To add to her problems Suzy heard her cell phone ringing continuously.

“Hello?” she answered the call irritably. There was a pause on the other end before Suzy heard Hongki’s voice on the other end of the line. “Suzy shi? Are you okay? You sound.. rather disturbed.” Hongki asked her immediately.

“I’m fine Hongki shi. Just trying to remember what else I should pack for the convention.” Suzy sighed flopping down on her bed. She heard Hongki’s husky laughter resound through her ears.

“Once again Suzy Bae proves that she truly has the memory of a goldfish. I think I’m going to call you goldfish from today onwards.” Hongki told Suzy in a newscaster tone. “If I’m a goldfish then you’re a monkey. Has anyone told you that you look like an attractive chimpanzee?” Suzy back. “Oh so I’m an attractive monkey? Will the monkey take offence at that comparison?” Hongki laughed again.

Suzy sat up in her bed with interest. Hongki was usually not a person who cracked jokes easily but that day he seemed to be in an awfully jolly mood. “So who’s that girl?” Suzy asked him. Hongki didn’t speak for a couple of seconds.

“What are you talking about?” his voice held a question. “I mean when people are suddenly cheerful when it’s not their usual character to be so that means they’ve got someone special in their life.” Suzy explained.

“How does someone so young know so much?” Suzy could hear Hongki laughing on the other end. “Don’t change the topic. Who is she? It’s a she right? Or he?” Suzy rubbed her nose. She didn’t judge gay people & was completely fine if Hongki was one. “Now now.. don’t go assuming things yah Suzy. I’m not gay. I like girls alright?” Hongki retorted immediately.

“Fine. You like girls. Soooo.. Who is she? Tell me. Tell me. Tell me.” Suzy bounced on her bed. This matter helped give her a distraction from the actual matter that was actually bothering her. “How did you know?” Hongki’s voice trembled slightly.

“Because I do. NAME!” Suzy raised her voice. “Her name is Lily in English.” Hongki said. “Lily in English? Then what is it in Korean?” Suzy scratched her head. “Well google it and find out. I’m hanging up now. Call me when you get back from your convention alright? Take care.” Hongki told her & hung up before Suzy could speak another word.

“Wait..” Suzy spoke but only got a dial tone in reply. “What’s his hurry? Hmm.. Lily in English.. Google translate.. where are you?” Suzy took out her phone & started the search engine. Suzy almost spit out her cherry candy when she saw what the results showed. It was her name. Lily in English translated to Soo Ji in Hangul.

“Me? The ‘Lily’ Hongki was talking about was me?” Suzy stared at the screen of her phone blankly. She didn’t know if she was ready for a relationship at that moment. She liked Hongki but as a boyfriend.. She had to give it some thought.

“Are you thinking because you like Hongki only as a friend or are you waiting for someone else to make a proper confession & prove that he is sincere?” a small voice inside Suzy taunted her. “Keep quiet.” Suzy scolded herself pummelling her pillow in frustration.

“What is wrong with you?” Jonghun asked when he saw Suzy standing by the elevator with her luggage near her foot, a completely blank expression on her face. “Hongki just told me he likes me.” Suzy told Jonghun tonelessly.

Jonghun almost dropped Suzy’s luggage onto his own foot. “What? When? How?” he peppered Suzy with questions. Taking a deep breath Suzy related the phone conversation with Hongki to Jonghun. However at the end of it Suzy was surprised to find that Jonghun was smiling.

“He never did confess to you directly. He only said the girl he likes was Lily in English.” Jonghun shrugged. “That is Soo Ji in hangul babo. He only knows one Soo Ji, me.” Suzy pointed at herself. “You are not the only Soo Ji in Korea.” Jonghun put Suzy’s luggage into the boot of his Ferrari. “I know that.” Suzy snapped. Jonghun closed the boot & looked at her questioningly.

“Did you want Hongki to confess tp you? Do you like him?” Jonghun seemed shattered at that thought. “No! I didn’t want him to confess to me! This only makes my life even more complicated. I like Hongki but..” Suzy sighed. “But what?” Jonghun wanted to know. “But I’m not ready to get into a relationship just yet & I don’t know if I want Hongki as a boyfriend.” Suzy admitted.

Jonghun felt a wave of relief wash over him when he heard Suzy’s words. She wasn’t in love with Lee Hongki. “I wish men were a bit more uncomplicated.” Suzy clucked her tongue. Jonghun shot her a look. “You don’t say.” He grinned. “The air smells really refreshing.” Suzy stretched as she got out of the Ferrari.

The Four Seasons hotel was situated up in the mountains surrounded by fresh icy cold mountain air. “Whoever said that it was a good idea to have the convention here was the smartest person ever. It’s amazing!” Jonghun nodded approvingly at the surroundings.

“I think I want to come here for my honeymoon with my husband.” Suzy rubbed her cheeks because they were frozen from the icy draft blowing on them. Jonghun looked at Suzy out of the corner of his eye holding back the sentence on the tip of his tongue. “Shall we go in?” Jonghun pointed towards the entrance. Suzy grabbed her luggage & followed Jonghun sniffing the fresh air again.

“Hi. I’m Choi Jonghun & this is Bae Suzy. We are here for the convention.” Jonghun told the pretty receptionist with a wink. The woman blushed slightly as she typed out their names into the database. Suzy smiled. Jonghun couldn’t change his character so quickly. He’d always be the glib-tongued handsome Playboy.

“I’m sorry but we are overbooked & we only have one single room available.” The receptionist informed the couple with an apologetic smile. “What? What do you mean there is only one single room available? Is one of us supposed to sleep on the floor? Or in the lobby?” Suzy felt her temper flare up.

“Ma’am. We actually experienced a technical glitch a few days ago. Our system is still in the midst of rebooting.” The receptionist looked embarrassed. “And what exactly are you going to do about it? Isn’t there another room avaliabe?” Suzy tapped her fingers on the counter impatiently. “Let me handle this.” Jonghun said quietly.

“How are you going to do that? She already told us that there is only a single room available.” Suzy sighed. “Well.. I have one more room that you guys might want.” The receptionist checked the computer again. “What room is it?” Jonghun leaned forward. “The honeymoon suite.” She told them. Jonghun & Suzy looked at each other for a moment. “The honeymoon suite?” Suzy repeated.

She wanted her own single room where she could just sleep peacefully. Now she was being asked to room together with Jonghun in a honeymoon suite no less. “We’ll take it.” Jonghun held out his platinum card. “Hey.. Don’t look at me. It’s either this or one of us sleeping on the floor.” Jonghun shrugged when he spotted Suzy’s expression of displeasure. “I’m really having a crap load of bad luck these days.” Suzy mumbled.

She however brightened instantly the moment she set foot inside the honeymoon suite. “Oh my god.. This is beautiful.” She took in the spacious room with the expensive furnished accessories. The lighting in the room was set to a dim romantic glow & rose petals were scattered on the king size bed. A box of Godiva chocolates & a bottle of champagne in a small stainless bucket were placed neatly on the bedside table.

“Wow.. This is so romantic.” Jonghun stood beside Suzy admiring the ambience of the room. “It is. Which is why it’s so wrong.” Suzy said pointedly. “Come on.. Enjoy the atmosphere.” Jonghun put an arm on Suzy’s shoulder. She shrugged it off. “You are so barking up the wrong tree here.” Suzy rolled her eyes.

“Come on now.. We’re going to be late for the convention.” Suzy chided Jonghun into hurrying for the convention. Pulling out a peach coloured dress & matching sweater Suzy rushed into the bathroom to get dressed.

“This is so boring. They keep on talking about how important ethics is in the business when almost none of the bastards here follow that rule. How many lawsuits have their employees taken against them since last year? I’ve lost count.” Jonghun whispered to Suzy. “Shut up & bear with it. It’s just an hour more.” Suzy answered through gritted teeth. So far the only thing Jonghun had been good for was being a distraction to her & to the other women in the room.

Suzy noted with amusement as the lead speaker a buxom blonde with red highlights & a skintight white pantsuit turned her gaze towards Jonghun, her eyes lingering on him for a moment longer than necessary. “You see.. that is the effect I have on women.” Jonghun caught the blonde’s eye & winked at her. “Whatever Jonghun. Now keep quiet while I take notes.” Suzy scolded him earning a pout from him.

“Hello Mr Choi. I’m Isabella Waters. I’m the person in-charge of organising this convention. Tell me how did you find our convention?” the blonde walked up to Jonghun & Suzy the instant the convention was over. “It was an eye-opening experience. I especially liked the segment on practicing proper ethics in the workplace.” Suzy hid her giggle under a cough at Jonghun’s smooth talking. Isabella fell for it hook, line and sinker.

“May I have dinner with you tonight?” Isabella ignored Suzy completely her eyes fixated on Jonghun. “Eyes on the prize girl.” Suzy made a face. “I’m so sorry Isabella but I’ve made plans to have dinner with my girlfriend here.” Jonghun looked at Suzy. Isabella’s thick make up caked face fell as she narrowed her heavily lined eyes at Suzy.

“I had no idea that Miss Bae was your girlfriend.” Isabella said in a cold tone. “She is now. Maybe we can have dinner together? The three of us?” Jonghun extended the invitation again. Isabella gave Suzy an once over & wrinkled her nose. “No thank you Mr Choi. I hope you enjoyed the convention. Have a nice day.” Isabella stalked off in a huff.

“What was that?” Suzy was too surprised to move for a while. “What was what?” Jonghun asked her innocently. “You told Isabella that I’m your girlfriend. Seriously Jonghun..” Suzy put her hands on her hips. “I couldn’t just refuse her straight to her face could I? That would be ‘insensitive’ of me like you’ve so kindly put before.” Jonghun added sarcastically.

“You..” Suzy wanted to hit him but had to restrain herself because of the people milling around the ballroom networking. “I thought Isabella was your type? Gorgeous hot buxom pots? Why did you refuse her?” Suzy demanded as the couple made their way up to the room.

“Because I have no interest in her.” Jonghun raised his voice ignoring the stares he got from the other guests. “Choi Jonghun not being interested in a woman? That’s a first.” Suzy retorted. “Why is it such a big deal that I lied you were my girlfriend? If you don’t have any feelings for me why are you overreacting?” Jonghun stopped walking & met Suzy’s stare squarely.

Suzy had no answer to that so she quietly stormed back to the room. “I’m going to take a bubble bath.” Suzy started to grab her clothes when she realised that she had forgotten her pajamas. “God.. I knew I had forgotten something. Now I’ve nothing to wear to sleep.” Suzy groaned.

She found something soft placed into her arms & looked down. Jonghun had placed a silky white nightgown into Suzy’s arms. “That’s not mine. I found it in the wardrobe. It must be for the honeymoon couples.” Jonghun walked away. Not bothering to acknowledge that comment Suzy grabbed the remaining of her shower materials and walked into the bathroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Thank you for all the comments & encouragement guys! <3 Hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome! :D The next chapter like I promised would be..*ahem* steamy. :P keke.. I shall try to make it as decent as possible so Sueweeties & Primadonnas don't get mad at me alright? hehe..