~*THIRTY FIVE*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“How am I supposed to skate with my scrapes? I can’t even walk properly.” Suzy made a face. Jonghun however only had a smile as a response. “Well that is why you have me.. I will help you don’t worry. We’ll skate together.” Jonghun said as if that was the simplest thing that required no thought.

“Are you serious? How long are you going to keep supporting me?” Suzy didn’t look convinced. “As long as you would allow me to.” Jonghun grinned. “You corndog.” Suzy took his hand finally her eyes starting to light up again. “wait a minute.. exactly which skating rink is going to be open at 1am?” Suzy stopped walking & looked at Jonghun.

“I’ve got a friend of mine who runs a 24 hour skating rink. He owes me a favour so now it’s time for him to repay back the favour.” Jonghun shrugged. “Are you sure he wouldn’t mind?” Suzy seemed unsure.

“He won’t. Come on now.. Get into the car. You might catch a chill.” Jonghun slipped out of his jacket & put it around Suzy’s shoulders that were left bare from her sleeveless dress. “You sweet talking Casanova.” Suzy laughed but still accepted his jacket.

“I can’t believe this is happening.. Here I am at 1am travelling to an ice skating rink to skate with Jonghun despite being almost unable to walk.” Suzy didn’t know how to react to that situation. “Enjoy this while you can Bae Suzy. After a month you won’t have anything else to look forward to.” Suzy reminded herself.

“Hey.. you okay? Why do you look so sad? Are you in pain? Do you want some painkillers?” Jonghun asked pulling up at a traffic light. “No I’m not in pain.. I’m just thinking..” Suzy stared out of the window absent-mindedly. “You’re thinking what a gentleman I am & how you would miss me right?” Jonghun asked cheekily.

“You’re really a babo Choi Jonghun.. remember what you told me? The world doesn’t revolve around you.” Suzy smirked. “Ooh.. Burn.” Jonghun rubbed his cheek with a pout. Laughing at his antics Suzy forgot about the pain from the scrapes for a few brief moments. “So would you like ice-cream or coffee?” Jonghun asked when Suzy stopped laughing.

Jonghun watched Suzy’s round face lighting up at the mention of food. “Let me guess..” Jonghun started. “Both.” Suzy answered without missing a beat & started laughing again.

“Hey Bae Suzy.. I have a proposition for you. Will you hear me out patiently?” Jonghun decided that it was the best time to talk to Suzy about what was on his mind for quite a while. “Hmm.. Yeah..” Suzy surprisingly didn’t protest. Something that Jonghun attributed to the fact of him helping her out with her injuries. “How would you like to be my girlfriend for a month?” Jonghun asked.

“Girlfriend for a month?” Suzy was amused. “Yes. Let me court you for a month. After that I won’t stop you from leaving for London but I want you to give me a month.” Jonghun said. “What are you suggesting? That you want to be my contract boyfriend for a month?” Suzy breathed.

“You can see it that way too but I really want a chance to court you properly & officially.” Jonghun still remained unfazed at the outrage apparent on Suzy’s cute face. “What about Hyuna? And I don’t think I really want a boyfriend for just one month.” Suzy answered carefully.

“Hyuna already has Dino. Come on Bae Suzy.. Give me a chance to court you. You owe me that much.” Jonghun smiled. “Oh come on.. You might have saved my plenty of times but that doesn’t mean I have to agree to let you court me.” Suzy wriggled her nose. “So you won’t let me court you?” Jonghun questioned.

“Jonghun ah..” Suzy put on her best ahjumma voice. Jonghun laughed & held up his hands. “Alright. Alright. I’ll give you time to think about it.” Jonghun grinned. Suzy shook her head in exasperation. Jonghun could really drive her up the wall sometimes but then again if he wasn’t in her life Suzy would have been probably bored to death.

Jonghun pulled up in front of a deserted ice skating rink. The place was obviously closed but Jonghun got out of the car & helped Suzy out despite that. “Uh. It looks closed.” Suzy pointed at the huge ‘CLOSED’ signboard on the front gate.

“It’ll be opened soon. Give me a second.” Jonghun assisted Suzy to a bench & after she was sitting down comfortably Jonghun grabbed his cell phone & dialled a number. Suzy watched him curiously. She knew Jonghun had connections but could he open up a skating rink at 1am? Suzy was very curious about that.

“Hey.. It’s me. Do you mind opening up the skating rink?” Jonghun whispered into the receiver. “Are you crazy man?! It’s already past 1am. The skating rink is closed. Come back tomorrow at 11am.” Minhwan let out a yawn on the other hand.

“I need you to open the skating rink right now!” Jonghun whispered again this time through gritted teeth. “Dude I already told you to come back tomorrow. What is so important that you have to ice skate at 1am?” Minhwan demanded annoyance already seeping into his voice.

“It’s for this special girl. I want to court her & this is the best possible way to start off my courtship.” Jonghun told him. “Courtship? What are you? In the 14th century?” Minhwan snorted on the other end. “Shut up & tell me if you can open up the skating ring right now.” Jonghun hissed.

“What am I going to get in return for this favour that is going to destroy my good night’s sleep?” Minhwan wanted to know. “You already owe me that favour for getting your out of trouble two months ago.” Jonghun said smugly. There was silence on the other hand.

Jonghun had bailed Minhwan out of trouble when his skating rink was repossessed by the bank by loaning him almost half a million won. “Jeez.. You had to guilt trip me as expected. Fine.. I will be down in a moment. This girl better be worth it my friend.” Minhwan hung up before Jonghun could say that Suzy was worth more than half a million won to him.

“You seem to have trouble convincing your friend..” Suzy stifled a small yawn. She had no trouble staying up at night but that day had been physically taxing for her. Suzy’s stamina level was hardly what it was when she was in perfect health. “I just had to mention the favour I did for him a couple of months ago & he saw my side of the story.” Jonghun took a seat on the bench beside Suzy.

“Really? What might that be?” Suzy asked with interest. “It’s nothing.. I just loaned him half a million won to save his ice skating rink from being repossessed by the bank.” Jonghun answered & Suzy yelped in shock. “What?! You loaned someone half a million won? Did you at least get an IOU from your friend?” Suzy demanded.

“That babo Minhwan was neck deep in debt when he came to me for help. If I didn’t help him he would have tried to attempt suicide. I didn’t think it was necessary for me to demand an IOU from him.” Jonghun examined his shoes without meeting Suzy’s inquisitive gaze. Suzy sighed.

“Yah Choi Jonghun if you keep on giving away your wealth you will have nothing left when you turn 50.” Suzy chided him good-naturedly. “You sound like a wife nagging her husband. Shall we plan for our future right now wifey? You can take care of the finances to prevent me from squandering away my wealth.” Jonghun leaned in closer to Suzy his nose brushing hers. “You wish!” Suzy elbowed him in the ribs.

The couple heard the front gate of the skating rink creak open & a sleepy irritated young man emerged from behind the rusty bars. Suzy thought he was cute in a boyish way & kind of resembled the hot singer Rain. However upon seeing Suzy Minhwan immediately straightened up & lost his dour expression.

“Welcome to my humble skating rink Miss!” he gave Suzy a deep bow. Suzy giggled & held out her hand for Minhwan to shake it. “You can call me Suzy.” She told him. “And you can call me Minhwan.” The young man shook her hand with a smile. “Nice to meet you Miss Suzy. Come in.. Yeah.. you too.. Come in..” Minhwan shot Jonghun a glare after ushering Suzy in first.

“So how is she?” Jonghun whispered to Minhwan. “She’s cute but not really your type is she?” Minhwan asked. Jonghun watched Suzy looking around skating rink shivering slightly in the chilly night air & nodded. “That is what makes her perfect for me.” He replied his eyes meeting Suzy’s across the rink.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Thank you for your comments guys! My readers are the best! <3 Hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome!