~*TWENTY EIGHT*~ [New updated chapter 31/7/2012]

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“You had a fight didn’t you?” Mr Choi asked Jonghun when he spotted his son emptying an entire bottle of Merlot within ten minutes. “We didn’t..” Jonghun answered not meeting his father’s eyes. “Yeah right. Don’t kid yourself Jonghun. I’ve been there in your shoes before. My fights with your mother were much more serious but it’s the making up part that is the best. The passion when making up after a fight is just incredible.” Mr Choi gazed at his wife adoringly.

“Dad please. There is not going to be any making up tonight. The passion? The only passion burning here is the hatred between me & Suzy.” Jonghun took another gulp of his wine. “Hatred? Please.. Anyone with half a brain can see that Suzy & you are absolutely crazy about each other.” Mr Choi laughed. “Well it’s not happening. Hyuna is my girlfriend now.” Jonghun sighed.

“She seemed awfully cosy with Dino on the dance floor & you know what’s the funny thing Jonghun.. You were too busy fighting with Suzy outside to even get jealous of her.” Mr Choi rolled his eyes. Jonghun didn’t answer but merely stared at the empty wine bottle in front of him.

“What is wrong darlings? Why do you both look so serious?” Mrs Choi stopped talking to Dino & looked at her husband & son questioningly. “It’s nothing darling. Just matters of the heart.” Mr Choi grinned. Mrs Choi made a ‘O’ with & then returned her husband’s grin when she understood the meaning of his words.

“Here you go.” Hongki handed Suzy a tissue when he pulled to a stop at a red light. Suzy took it with a grateful look. “Thanks.” Suzy said after she blew her nose noisily. “He’s messing you up.” Hongki honked at the Mercedes in front of them when the car didn’t move even after the traffic light had turned green.

“Maybe I’m the one who is messed up. Jonghun was right. I should have used my common sense when his parents invited me for dinner. It seems like I’m stopping him from moving on with his life by being in front of him. So I’ve come to a decision.” Suzy looked out the window at the trees & people zooming past them. “To stay away from him & his family?” Hongki asked. Suzy nodded mutely. It was a painful decision but it had to be done.

“I hope this time around you both actually manage to stay away from each other.” Hongki smiled wanly. Suzy gave him a curious look. “I’m just saying because so far even though you & Jonghun do nothing but fight you still haven’t been able to stay away from each other.” Hongki’s words hit Suzy like a bucket of ice cold water. He was absolutely right. Jonghun & her had been pushing each other’s buttons, egging each other on but they still haven’t been able to stay away from one another.

“Wait a minute alright? I’ve got to get something.” Hongki stopped in front of a convenience store. Suzy didn’t protest but waited patiently for him. Hongki returned give minutes later a huge vanilla ice-cream cone in his hands. “What is this?” Suzy asked with amusement as he handed the ice-cream cone to her.

“An extra large ice-cream cone. I bought the biggest one they had in the store. If this doesn’t make your night better I don’t know what else will.” Hongki smiled. Suzy’s eyes disappeared into her smile & Hongki almost sighed with relief. He didn’t know why but when Suzy was down he felt like the day was a little less brighter too. Now seeing her smile happily while eating the ice-cream.. Hongki was automatically happier.

“You know you look different when you’re smiling.” Hongki observed Suzy demolishing the ice-cream cone with amusement. “Huh? How?” Suzy looked up from her ice-cream not noticing the bit of ice-cream on her nose. “Your eyes.. They also smile when you smile.” Hongki leaned forward & brushed the ice-cream off Suzy’s nose. “Really?” she asked still busy eating the ice-cream. “Yes.” Hongki reached out, pushed the ice-cream aside & gently kissed her on the lips.

Suzy almost dropped her ice-cream from the shock of feeling Hongki’s lips on hers. Blinking at him in surprise Suzy sat there still too shocked to move. Hongki pulled back & looked right into Suzy’s surprised eyes. “I’m sorry.” Hongki quickly apologised when he noticed Suzy’s aghast expression. “No.. It’s.. It’s alright.. I um.. was just surprised.” Suzy turned away her cheeks slightly crimson. She had no idea on how to face Hongki after that awkward kiss.

“I apologise again Suzy shi. I didn’t want to make things uncomfortable..” Hongki gripped the steering wheel so hard until his knuckles had turned white. Suzy kept quiet. What was she supposed to tell Hongki? That his kiss didn’t even make her heart flutter? He was too sweet, too nice for her to break his heart that way. “Hongki shi.. I don’t think.. We..” Suzy stammered after collecting her thoughts.

Hongki didn’t move. “You don’t have feelings for me do you?” he asked her sadly. Suzy gave a very slight nod. “Well it was worth a try from my side. My feelings still remain unchanged. Maybe one day..” Hongki took Suzy’s hand into his & squeezed it gently. “Maybe one day..” Suzy repeated smiling back. She was grateful that Hongki wasn’t pressuring her to accept him.

Her heart & mind were still in a mess being unable to sort out the jumbled up feelings for an infuriating man named Choi Jonghun. Suzy had no doubt that if Hongki also jumped onto the bandwagon she would be screwed. “Thank you Hongki shi for today. Thank you for being there for me even when I’m an emotional wreck.” Suzy told Hongki when he walked her up to her door.

“There is no need for thank you between friends. If you need me I’ll always be there for you. Take care & sleep well.” Hongki kissed Suzy’s forehead so quickly she barely felt it. Bidding him goodnight Suzy shut the door & sank down sighing heavily. It had been a LONG day.

After soaking herself in the shower with her favourite lemon scrub Suzy started to perk up. Slipping into her favourite pink pajamas that was gifted to her by her mother Suzy ran a brush through her wet hair & was in the midst of applying moisturiser to her hands when she heard a series of deafening knocks on her front door.

Startled by the knocks Suzy dropped the tube of moisturiser onto the floor. “Who in the world is that?” Suzy suddenly felt scared. It was almost midnight & she was all alone in the apartment. “If you’re a robber you so got the wrong apartment. Nothing here is worth anything much at all.” Suzy took a look at her surroundings & jumped when the person continued knocking like there was a zombie apocalypse occurring outside.

“Coming!” Suzy called & ran to the kitchen. Grabbing the baking pin she treaded carefully towards the door. “Who is it?” she called out but the person on the other side of the door didn’t speak a word. Holding the baking pin to her chest Suzy peeped through the keyhole & dropped the pin when she spotted the person standing on the other side. Jonghun.

“Oh my god Jonghun?!” Suzy pulled open the door to reveal a rather unsteady Jonghun who apparently had difficult even standing by himself. “What are you doing here? You scared the crap out of me!” Suzy scolded him. “I.. I.. came to..” Jonghun’s words were slurred. Suzy took a step towards him & found that his breath smelled rather tangy. Wine. Jonghun was drunk on wine.

“Are you drunk?” Suzy asked even though the answer was obvious. “I just had a little wine.” Jonghun held up three fingers. “A little wine? Is that the number of glasses you had or the number of bottles you had?” Suzy asked uncertainly. “You caught me. I had three bottles of Merlot.” Jonghun smiled his eyes dazed & unfocused. “Jeez.. You are totally drunk! Did you drive here even though you were drunk?! What if you had gotten into an accident?” Suzy demanded.

“Chill.. I took a cab here.. I’m not so stupid to drink & drive. I still want to be alive for your sake.” Jonghun pushed past Suzy & entered the apartment. “Wait a minute.. you just can’t barge into my apartment like you own it!” Suzy huffed. “Yes I can. You pay for this apartment with your salary which is given to you by me. So technically I do own this apartment.” Jonghun leaned against the closed door & observed Suzy with a sarcastic smile.

“This apartment’s rental is under my name even though I pay for it using your salary. So kindly ask for permission next time before barging in at midnight.” Suzy replied coolly. “Ooh sassy. I like it. I forgot what you usually wear to sleep. Cute.” Jonghun’s eyes finally focused themselves onto Suzy. Under his scrutinising amused gaze Suzy felt her cheeks grow hot.

She had started hating the way he made her feel so vulnerable by just looking at her in that particular way. “Why are you here?’ Suzy asked tiredly when Jonghun made no effort to move from the door. “I came by for a visit.” Jonghun answered cheekily. “You are sloshed & you wanted to visit me? Might I remind you that you told me in no kind terms that you don’t want me near you or your family?” Suzy crossed her arms across her chest.

“I didn’t say that. I admit I was mad at you for ruining the dinner but I never said I don’t want you near me or my family..” Jonghun’s eyes turned sad. “And what am I supposed to interpret from those remarks?” Suzy snapped. “I’m sorry.” He said quietly. Suzy looked at him uncertainly. She had a hard time believing anything from someone inebriated especially when they had consumed three bottles of Merlot.

“Alright. I accept your apology.” She told him finally. However the only reply she got from Jonghun was a retching sound from him. “Oh no.. Please don’t throw up on the carpet!” Suzy put her arm around Jonghun’s waist & guided him to the kitchen sink. “Alright. Alright. Take it easy.” Suzy held Jonghun’s temples as he threw up violently.

“Ergh. Why do I feel like crap?” he moaned after Suzy helped him to the bathroom where she handed him an extra toothbrush to brush his teeth. “That’s because you look like crap.” Suzy squeezed some toothpaste onto the toothbrush & put it into Jonghun’s mouth. “Gee.. Thanks..” Jonghun started brushing his teeth. After he was done he adjusted his shirt & found Suzy holding her nose.

“I was wondering why you still stink..” Suzy pointed to the puke stain on Jonghun’s deep purple shirt. “Oh.. Do you have a spare shirt?” Jonghun asked & took off his shirt. Suzy groaned inwardly. The last time Jonghun took his shirt off.. Suzy blushed & quickly walked out of the bathroom before Jonghun could spot her uncomfortable expression.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note : I’m very sorry if you guys got notifications for reposted chapters but I didn’t want to wait for the data to be available separately. If a few chapters were missing my story wouldn’t make any sense to new readers & my regular readers who want to backtrack the chapters. Therefore I made the effort to repost chap 24-27 on my own. Chapter 28 is a new chapter. Enjoy! Comments & suggestions are welcome! I hope people still want to read my story. Hehe..

Today is really not a good day for me. Missing chapters in my fanfic and now speculations on Allkpop that Suzy might have been bullied in Miss A. Ergh. My day is officially ruined.