~*FOURTEEN*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“You’ve been avoiding me.” Jonghun said Suzy after tightening the blue ribbon around their ankles. Suzy looked away. “It’s been fourteen days since I spoke to you. Why haven’t you been returning my calls?” Jonghun asked.

“Look here Jonghun.. I already told you..” Suzy started when Jonghun cut her off. “I know.. I know that you need time to sort out your thoughts but two weeks? Two weeks you’ve been cut off from me. Have you ever thought that I might need you?” Suzy’s head shot up at his words.

“Yes Bae Suzy. I do need you. Why are you so surprised at that fact? Because I sleep with a different woman every night? How many times do I have to tell you that you are different from the others?” Jonghun hissed. Suzy sighed but didn’t speak. “And even if you didn’t want to speak to me a friend how can you not show up for work? The company is reliant on you to function smoothly. If you want to.. to quit then you should give me two weeks notice.” Jonghun continued.

He saw Suzy’s eyes turn thoughtful & smacked himself mentally. He had just reminded her that she could leave her job at his ad film company. If Suzy left her job then Jonghun would have absolutely no contact with her anymore. Jonghun was about to retract his comment about Suzy quitting when the announcer spoke into the shrieking mike again asking the couples to get ready for their three legged race.

Suzy felt Jonghun’s arm around her waist & stiffened. She could feel the warmth of his touch through the thin fabric of her t-shirt & honestly it was disorientating her. She couldn’t understand why she was reacting that way to Jonghun’s touch when she didn’t even consider him to be a man a couple of weeks before. Her mind in a jumble Suzy got ready to race against Hongki-Hyuna & two other couples from one end of the ballroom to the other end.

“So how long have you & Suzy been together?” Hyuna asked his eyes narrowing as she spotted Jonghun gazing at Suzy like a man who had just found an oasis in a scorching desert. “We are just friends. We both own cafes & help each other with recipes & stuff. She’s great company though a terrible biscotti maker.” Hongki grinned.

“And you are not even a percent interested in her?” Hyuna wanted to know. She couldn’t believe that Suzy hadn’t managed to charm Hongki as well. If she could mysteriously charm Jonghun with her plain makeup free face & shapeless clothing then Hongki didn’t stand a chance. “May I know why you are so interested in my personal life Hyuna shi?” Hongki was eyeing her curiously.

“It’s just that.. Like you said Suzy is great company & she is Jonghun’s best friend. I want her to find a nice guy like you.” Hyuna lied. A lie that Hongki saw right through. “Let’s just stop this shadow boxing Hyuna shi. I know exactly why you asked me that question. You are insecure that Jonghun might be falling for Suzy & you just cannot understand why since Suzy is so unlike the type of woman he might like.” Hongki said bluntly.

Hyuna opened to protest but Hongki started speaking again. “However I Lee Hongki have nothing to do with this whole messy love triangle so I suggest you keep me out of it. My feelings for Suzy? They are personal & if ever there is a time I started liking her she would the first to know not you.” Hongki turned around & faced the stage leaving Hyuna standing there gaping at him blankly.

“The nerves of this guy.. Men fall over themselves to get a glance from me & this Lee Hongki snubs me straight to my face?!” Hyuna’s pretty face was a mask of outrage.

“What is going on there? Are they arguing?” Suzy glanced at Hongki & Hyuna who both had dour expressions on their faces. “You can worry about them but not me? How fair is that?” Jonghun muttered beside her. Shooting him a glare Suzy turned to look at the couple again.

“Today is really not a good day.” she grumbled in resignation. So far nothing was going according to plan & she was currently tied up to a man she wanted to avoid. “This day would be complete if I fall flat on my face & sprain my ankle.” She scoffed. The shrill whistle of the referee overseeing the game pierced through the still air of the ballroom as the four couples started running towards the finishing line.

Jonghun & Suzy started running towards the finish line in perfect sync. Unlike the other couples Jonghun & Suzy had an obvious understanding between them; they reached the finish line even before the other couples were even halfway through the race. “You guys are like a real couple.” The announcer nodded approvingly. Jonghun’s eyes lit up at his words.

“We are just friends.” Suzy quipped. “Well you both have the chemistry that is for sure.” the announcer laughed. By the third game Suzy was already exhausted. She was usually active at sports but that time around she was feeling a sharp pain in her stomach that prevented her from fully concentrating on the games.

“Suzy.. Are you alright?” Hongki placed an arm around her shoulders when Suzy stopped running in the middle of the lemon-in-the-spoon game & sat down on the floor. “I’m fine. I just don’t feel too good for sports now.” Suzy answered her face pale with sweat. “Then we should stop playing & get you back home.” Hongki felt her forehead & found that she was as cold as ice.

“Yay! We won! We won!” Hyuna jumped up & down as she & Jonghun completed the lemon-in-the-spoon game first. “What happened?” Jonghun craned his neck at the commotion at the other end of the ballroom. “Don’t know..” Hyuna had no idea either. As they pushed through the crowd Jonghun found his blood turning cold as his eyes fell upon a sickly Suzy leaning against Hongki’s shoulder.

“What’s wrong?” Jonghun was beside Suzy in a flash. She opened her eyes slowly & looked at him. “Gastric.” She said weakly. “We’ve got to get her to a doctor.” Hongki told Jonghun seriously. “Suzy goes to my family doctor. I’ll take her to doctor Lee.” Jonghun lifted Suzy up into his arms & walked out of the ballroom without even waiting for Hongki & Hyuna.

“Just close your eyes & rest. When was the last time you ate anything?” Jonghun asked Suzy as he carried her to his car. “Yesterday afternoon.” Suzy said quietly. “Why do you always neglect your health Bae Suzy? Do you need me to remind you to eat everyday?” Jonghun scolded her gently. “Maybe.” Suzy smiled weakly. “Then you should answer my calls.” Jonghun met her eyes as he put her in the passenger seat of his Ferrari. Suzy however only sighed in reply.

“What the hell just happened? Did Jonghun just dump me to take Suzy to the doctor’s?” Hyuna turned to Hongki her face in utter disbelief. No one had ever done that to her before & honestly it was humiliating. Hongki however didn’t seem to sympathise much with her situation. “I can give you a lift back home if you want.” He told her finally.

“That won’t be necessary. I can find my own way back home. It’s not as if there is a lack of men wanting to offer me a lift & maybe even more.” Hyuna stalked off her ponytail bouncing with her every furious step. Hongki stared after her in amazement. Hyuna was one cocky young lady. If there was one thing Hongki hated in women it was arrogance. “If Jonghun is going to end up with her he’s in deep .” Hongki shook his head & exited the ballroom to find his own Nissan sedan.

“How long have you been skipping your meals Suzy?” Doctor Lee a kindly elderly man with a bushy snow white beard that could rival Santa Claus asked Suzy while scribbling some notes onto his notepad. “I have no appetite recently Doctor Lee.” Suzy answered.

Jonghun stared at the paperweight on the doctor’s table guiltily. He wondered if he had also been a reason for Suzy to lose her appetite. “Why is that Suzy? Relationship woes?” Doctor Lee looked at Jonghun. “Well.. it’s personal problems.” Suzy yawned.

“No matter what it is.. You should be taking your meals regularly. You already have been facing problems with your gastric pains since you were a teenager.” Doctor Lee’s voice was kind but firm. Suzy nodded. She had trouble saying no to the doctor who always resembled her favourite Santa Claus.

“I don’t want to see you here again for a long long time Suzy. Take care of yourself or else find someone who will take care of you. Jonghun how is your tonsils?” Doctor Lee finally acknowledged him. “I’m doing fine now Doctor. I’ll take care of Suzy don’t worry.” Jonghun added earning a look from her.

“I’m sure you will.” Doctor Lee’s eyes twinkled knowingly. “Are you skipping your meals because of me?” Jonghun asked Suzy as he was driving her back to her apartment. “What makes you think you’re that important?” Suzy retorted back crabbily.

“You’ve been avoiding me for two weeks. Isn’t that already more than enough proof?” Jonghun asked. A question Suzy couldn’t answer. “I’m hungry.” She told him in a softer voice after a couple of moments of silence. “I’ll get you some porridge.” Jonghun smiled at her small voice. He wouldn’t mind if Suzy bit off his head as long as she was speaking to him again.

“No, let’s go eat it at the restaurant we always go to.” Suzy suggested. “Are you up for it?” Jonghun asked in genuine concern & got a glare in return. “If you say so captain.” He grinned & turned the Ferrari towards the roadside porridge stall Suzy loved to frequent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note : haha! You guys are so cute! Thank you so much for your comments my lovely readers! <3 The endgame is still going to be JonghunxSuzy btw. So don’t get too attached to HongkixSuzy alright guys? :P

Anyways comments & suggestions are welcome! :D Hope this chapter was good!