~*FORTY FOUR*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“Spit it out Bae Suzy. Do you love that guy or not?” Mrs Bae demanded. Suzy drummed her fingers on the table & whistled a TV jingle softly. “BAE SUZY!” her mother’s voice boomed through the entire kitchen. “What omma?!” Suzy asked in a mildly annoyed tone. “Do you love him? Answer me honestly.” Mrs Bae’s voice softened.

Suzy looked up at her mother meeting her gaze. “I think I’m falling in love with him but we have no future.” Suzy admitted finally. Mrs Bae collapsed onto the table. “You are in love with that guy but you would still agree to a month long contract relationship with him because you have no future?” Mrs Bae sighed. “I just want to spend my time with someone who values me before I leave for London.” Suzy answered quietly.

“Then don’t go to London. Or better yet don’t start a relationship for just a month with a guy you are attracted to because you wouldn’t be able to let him go.” Mrs Bae said tiredly. “Omma it’s what I want. I want to be happy for at least a month. Jonghun is the only guy whom I can be myself with & he loves me for it.” Suzy had to smile.

“I want my daughter to be happy too. For her whole life not just one month. Were you the one who suggested this whole contract relationship?” Mrs Bae wanted to know. “No. It was Jonghun though I suspect it is a ploy to make me go out with him. I actually didn’t want to be his girlfriend because I didn’t trust him but now I do.” Suzy’s eyes took on a faraway look.

“Seems to me that you should not go to London after all.” Mrs Bae shrugged. “Why?” Suzy asked. “Because you are not falling in love with him. You already are in love with him.” Mrs Bae stood up & walked over to Suzy. Patting Suzy’s head her mother left Suzy sitting there with her thoughts.

However after Mrs Bae walked out of the kitchen Suzy’s father came strolling in his jaw set in a grim line. “Where is he Appa?” Suzy looked over her father’s shoulder but Jonghun was nowhere in sight. “He is not going to come back here.” Mr Bae took out a bottle of water from the fridge & gulped it all down in one go.

“What? Why?” Suzy stood up so quickly that she almost knocked her chair over. “Because he is bad news.” Mr Bae tossed the bottle into the garbage & eyed his agitated daughter. “How can you decide that for me? I should decide that for myself. Jonghun wanted to speak to you even though I forbade him to & you locked him out of our house?” Suzy was getting angrier every passing second.

She was not a child anymore. How dare her parents try to make decisions on her behalf? They had no idea of what Jonghun had done for her. Her father hadn’t even bothered listening to Jonghun.

“Look here Baechimi..” Mr Bae realised that Suzy was furious at him tried to alleviate the situation by softening his tone. “No Appa. You listen to me. You couldn’t even bother hearing Jonghun out? Don’t you think it is unfair to him?” Suzy demanded. “What I think is unfair is my daughter losing her ity to some playboy jackass because she has a contract relationship for a month with him!” Mr Bae yelled.

Suzy’s mouth opened & closed. “That is my persona business Appa. I’m not your little girl anymore.” Suzy pushed past her father & stormed out of the apartment ignoring the angry calls from her father. “Where are you going?” Su Guen asked Suzy before she could slam the door shut. “Somewhere where I won’t be treated like a baby.” Suzy told him coldly & slammed the door as hard as she could behind her.

“Looking for someone?” Suzy felt a pair of arms encircle her waist & pull her into an embrace when she was stabbing the elevator button viciously. “Jonghun! You still haven’t left yet! Thank god!” Suzy hugged him back tightly.

“Of course I haven’t. You think your father’s lecture threw me off? I would have been disappointed if he didn’t lecture me to stay away from you. He is a wonderful father who cares about you.” Jonghun patted Suzy’s hair lovingly. “He is a hard head. Never bothers to listen to me. Always treating me like a little child.” Suzy rolled her eyes.

“That is because for him you’d always be his little girl.” Jonghun laughed. “Well I’m not. I’m a grown up perfectly capable of making my own decisions. Why do they judge you that way?” Suzy complained. “You refused me because of my womanising ways too Bae Suzy.” Jonghun’s eyes sparkled as he spotted the indignant expression still lingering on Suzy’s round face.

“Then I realised your merits didn’t I? I learnt to lo..I mean like you because I saw the good in you.” Suzy threw her hands up into the air. “And you say your father is a hard head. I now know where you get your personality from.” Jonghun snorted. “Harhar. You’re hilarious.” Suzy gave him her best eye roll. “Come on.. Don’t be so mad.” Jonghun reached out & tickled Suzy.

“Hey! Stop that!” Suzy scolded him through her giggles. “But seriously.. I’m sorry Jonghun. My father..” Suzy spread her hands in apparent exasperation. “If we both had a daughter & she was dating a guy like me I’d get mad too.” Jonghun’s eyes disappeared into his smile. “What nonsense! What makes you think I’d have kids with you?” Suzy tweaked his nose playfully.

“Because I’m irresistible baby.” Jonghun waggled his eyebrows & dipped Suzy down Gomez-Morticia style. “Oh Tish..muah muah muah..” Jonghun kissed Suzy’s neck noisily. “Get off me you corndog!” Suzy pushed Jonghun away but then reached out to hug him again. “Your parents will come around soon. I’m sure.. Let’s not let anything ruin this month for us.” Jonghun bent down to kiss Suzy when a cough interrupted them.

Suzy turned around to find her mother standing just a few feet away from an apron firmly around her waist. “Are you done here? I’m in the midst of making bimibap and pork dumplings. Get your in & start helping out young lady.” Mrs Bae pointed at the apartment with her thumb.

“But Omma..” Suzy started to protest. “You too young man. Get in. I need someone to help me with the heavy baking trays & Su Geun is pretty much useless.” Mrs Bae glared at Jonghun whose face broke out into a relieved smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : I don't know how many of you got the Addams Family reference but I used just love that show. My favourite characters were Wednesday and Uncle Fester. LOL! I don't know.. Jonghun seems just as slick & funny in real life so I had no trouble imagining him as Gomez. haha!

Anyways thank you for the comments guys! I hope this chapter was good. Comments & suggestions are welcome. Next chapter would be Hongki's re-entry back into the story. :D