~*TWENTY FOUR*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“It’s so nice to finally meet you Suzy! Jonghun talks about you all the time & even sent us pictures of the both of you. Thank you for keeping Jonghun company while we were away for so long. You see the thing about starting a business from scratch overseas is that it requires plenty of time to be invested in it.” Mrs Choi looked saddened at the thought of being away for so long.

“Don’t forget money.” Mr Choi came up behind her & gave Suzy a dazzling smile. She now knew where Jonghun got his charming smile from. In about twenty years time Jonghun would look exactly like Mr Choi. Youthful & charismatic. Suzy shook Mr Choi’s hand & he gave her a wink in return. Cheeky too. Suzy had to smile.

Spotting Hongki hovering behind Jonghun’s parents Suzy was quick enough to introduce him to Mr & Mrs Choi. “Mr & Mrs Choi I’d like you to meet Lee Hongki.” Suzy introduced him to them.

“Is this young man your boyfriend Suzy?” Mrs Choi seemed disappointed at that thought. “Hongki is just my friend Mrs Choi.” Suzy answered. “I see. Well why don’t you & Hongki come inside for a drink & perhaps Jonghun can join all of us for dinner?” Mr Choi asked.

“Wow.. The timing couldn’t be more perfect.” Suzy groaned inwardly. Why was she having such horrible luck recently was beyond Suzy’s comprehension. “Maybe I offended the Gods or something? Must I make a human sacrifice to pacify them?” Suzy wondered & somehow Suzy knew the perfect sacrifice. “Stop it Bae Suzy. You can’t sacrifice Hyuna.” Suzy smiled.

“Honey are feeling alright?” Mrs Choi felt Suzy’s forehead. Jolted back to reality & rather ashamed at her not-so-kind thoughts about making Hyuna a human sacrifice Suzy smiled uncertainly at Jonghun’s mother. “I’m fine Madam Choi.” She answered evenly.

“Well come in then.” Mrs Choi gestured towards the mansion. Suzy hesitated. “Mrs Choi I hope you don’t misunderstand me but Jonghun is kind of tied up right now. He probably needs privacy.” Suzy said trying to articulate what was going on inside the mansion in the most sensitive way possible.

“Don’t tell me.. Jonghun has a woman with him inside?” Mr Choi laughed. Suzy blushed. “Or is it a guy? You can tell us. We don’t judge.” Mrs Choi joined her husband’s laughter. At first Suzy was taken aback by how liberal & open-minded Jonghun’s parents were but as she thought of it Mr & Mrs Choi had been in the US for over ten years. They were probably used to things that most normal conservative Korean parents weren’t used to.

“It’s a woman Mr & Mrs Choi. Her name is Hyuna & she’s been with Jonghun for a while. He just asked Hyuna to be his girlfriend.” Suzy couldn’t keep the bitter undertone out of her voice. Mr & Mrs Choi exchanged looks & then knowing smiles.

“Well I just hope Hyuna is more stunning than you are if not it’s going to be Jonghun’s loss.” Mr Choi patted Suzy’s shoulder. “I still don’t think that either me or Hongki shi should go in. We should be leaving.” Suzy tried to leave but Jonghun’s parents wouldn’t let her leave.

“I’ll tell you what.. we will go in first while you and Hongki can wait outside. Once the couple are decent we’ll call you both in.” Mr Choi suggested. Suzy met Hongki’s eyes & he shrugged helplessly. It was quite tough to refuse Jonghun’s parents. “Just like how it’s hard to refuse their son.” Suzy’s mind flashed back to the time when Jonghun’s passionate kisses had paralysed her.

“Honey.. you’re blushing again.” Mrs Choi pointed out a knowing twinkle appearing in her eyes. “It’s awfully cold here.” Suzy lied rubbing her cheeks. “Awfully.” Mrs Choi repeated the twinkle getting brighter.

“Can we just have a bite first? I’ve been starving since morning.” Jonghun untangled himself from Hyuna’s embrace. “I thought you weren’t hungry anymore.” Hyuna retorted naughtily as she sat on the kitchen stool showing off her endless legs. Jonghun smiled at her quip. Hyuna could be pretty adorable when she wasn’t all whiny & pouty but still she wasn’t..

“Stop this Choi Jonghun! Stop comparing Hyuna with Suzy. It’s not fair to her. Suzy is Suzy. Hyuna is Hyuna. It’s not Hyuna’s fault that you cannot stop thinking about another woman.” Jonghun warned himself while he broke open a couple of eggs & expertly whipped cream into the concoction.

“Another woman who doesn’t even want you.” Jonghun added silently. He stopped whipping the eggs & watched the frothy yellow mixture bubble by itself. Jonghun’s curiousity was piqued by one small matter. It might have been his own delusion but Jonghun was pretty sure he had seen Suzy crying as she left the mansion.

“Honey! We’re home!” Two voices chorused from the living room. Jonghun froze on the spot. Those voices sounded unmistakably like his parents. “Oh my god.. It’s them!” Jonghun dropped the ladle he was holding into the sink. Hyuna jumped at the clattering almost falling off the kitchen stool in shock where she was dozing off. “Did I hear someone in the living room?” she looked up with interest.

“Yes. They would be my parents who have apparently appeared out of thin air without notifying me of their arrival.” Jonghun realised that he had no shirt on & groaned in frustration. He had to meet his parents half alongside his half girlfriend. “I’m sure this is a meet-the-parents session we won’t forget.” Jonghun took a deep breath & headed towards the living room with a beaming Hyuna.

Jonghun saw his parents do a double take as their eyes fell on him & Hyuna in her skimpy baby doll nightie. “Wow.. Our son sure does work fast.” Mr Choi raised his eyebrows in admiration. “Dad! Why did you show up without informing me?” Jonghun went over to hug his father.

“Well son.. If we had informed you we wouldn’t be able to meet you & your girlfriends under such candid situations.” Mr Choi grinned. “Girlfriends?” Jonghun was confused. “We met Suzy outside the mansion. She’s such a sweet girl. She told us that you were engaged & that we shouldn’t disturb you.” Mrs Choi added watching Jonghun & wasn’t surprised when she saw his face paling.

“So it goes both ways?” Mrs Choi smiled inwardly. In a way Jonghun & Suzy reminded herself of a younger version of her & her husband. “You met Suzy?” Jonghun repeated. “Why are you so pale son? Are you unwell?” Mr Choi asked his son. Jonghun shrugged. Feeling someone nudging him in the back Jonghun turend to find Hyuna standing behind him with a sweet smile on her face.

“Aren’t you going to introduce us?” she hissed softly. Jonghun flashed her a sheepish grin. “Sorry.. Dad, Mum this is Hyuna. Hyuna these 2 wonderful people here are my parents.” Jonghun introudued the trio to each other. “Nice to meet you Hyuna. I hope my son is treating you well.” Mr Choi took Hyuna’s hand & kissed it.

“Now now honey.. you know that Hyuna is too young for you. You shouldn’t take my husband seriously. He thinks he is still in his early 20s.” Mrs Choi hit her husband lightly on the arm. “Don’t get jealous honey.” Mr Choi replied with a cheeky grin. “I’m Jonghun’s mother.” Mrs Choi held out her hand. Hyuna shook it daintily. “Now why don’t you both get dressed? Hongki & Suzy are waiting outside. I’ve invited them for dinner as well. You guys don’t mind right?” Mrs Choi asked.

Jonghun glanced at Hyuna. From the deathly vibes emitting from her it seemed like she minded it very much. “Of course we don’t Mrs Choi. The more the merrier.” Hyuna smiled insincerely. Mrs Choi naturally saw right through it but preferred to maintain her silence. Whatever the issue between Jonghun, Suzy, Hyuna & Hongki was she would rather not get involved unless it was absolutely necessary.

“Young love.” Mr Choi elbowed her in the ribs. “Your son is really a chip off the old block.” Mrs Choi husband for his Playboy ways when he was a young man. “Of course. The men in the Choi family are all blessed with the art of charming women senseless.” He put his arm around his wife’s shoulder. “You better be charming only me now.” Mrs Choi warned her husband affectionately.

“Your parents seem pretty laid back.” Hyuna remarked slipping into her hot pink minidress. Jonghun gave her an once over. “Are you wearing that to dinner?” he asked her uncertainly. “Yeah. Why?” Hyuna asked zipping herself up. “Well it’s a little..” Jonghun tried to be nice.

“Yes Jonghun. I know it’s trashy but you seemed to like it fine when you were taking it off earlier. Why is it a problem now?” Hyuna looked annoyed. “Because it’s dinner with my parents.” Jonghun answered patiently. “Your parents are liberal anyway. What I don’t get is why must they invite Suzy & Hongki to dinner as well. They are not even related to you.” Hyuna grumbled.

“They know Suzy. They haven’t met her but I’ve told them all about her. She’s my best friend. It’s only natural they invited her.” Jonghun adjusted his jacket in the mirror. “But I don’t want her there.” Hyuna glared at her own reflection. Jonghun rolled his eyes.

“Look here Hyuna. You are already my girlfriend. Why are you still so insecure?” Jonghun wanted to know. “I’m insecure because I know you still like her, like crazy. I’m insecure because I’m afraid that your parents might also like her as much as you do. Where does that leave me?” Hyuna turned to Jonghun with a hurt expression.

Jonghun looked at her for a moment before he walked up to her & gave her a hug. “You are my girlfriend now Kim Hyuna. Have no doubts about it.” he told planting a light kiss on her cheek. Hyuna looked into his eyes & felt a shadow of doubt stab her heart. Jonghun’s eyes were telling an entirely different story from his lips.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note : Due to the glitch in Asianfanfics that caused my chapters after chapter 23 to disappear I shall now repost all the missing chapters. Sorry guys.. But please bear with me.