*~FOUR~*

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

Suzy tossed & turned in her bed. Her mind full of thoughts about Hyun Woo’s forthcoming proposal that was going to happen within the next twenty four hours. “What would I say? How will I react? Oh god.. I cannot sleep!” Suzy pummelled her pillow. Her eyes fell on her phone & Suzy dialled the first number on her speed dial. 

“Are you kidding me?! It’s bloody 3am.” Jonghun’s annoyed voice sounded on the other end. “Shut up & listen to me. Do you know how I should react when Hyun Woo oppa proposes to me tonight?” Suzy asked biting her nails. There was a long pause on Jonghun’s side.

“Is that what you disrupted my sleep for Bae Suzy? Have you lost your bloody marbles?” Jonghun demanded. “I’m really nervous. Can I come over now?” Suzy asked. “What the.. You want to come over to my house at 3am. You’re really crazy!” Jonghun scolded her. “I’m nervous you babo!” Suzy raised her voice.

“Okay okay. Don’t hyperventilate. Take a deep breath.” Jonghun instructed her. Suzy followed his instructions & found herself much calmer than she was a moment ago. “Should I say yes to Hyun Woo oppa?” Suzy finally asked very honestly.

Jonghun sat up in his bed. He didn’t know how to answer that question. “Don’t you want to marry Hyun Woo? Isn’t that your dream?” Jonghun asked. Suzy was quiet for a long time before she sighed. “It is. I want to marry Hyun Woo oppa but aren’t we too young to get married?” she said stuttering slightly. Jonghun’s mouth opened slightly. That was exactly what he had told Hyun Woo when he first heard of the matter.

“Suzy yah.. you have to make up your mind & not string Hyun Woo along. It’s either a concrete ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.” Jonghun advised her. “Have you ever proposed to a girl before? How did she react?” Suzy giggled. “Look at me. Do you think I have to do the proposing?” Jonghun snorted. Suzy’s laughter grew louder.

“As self-centered as always. I pity the girl who is going to marry you. She would have to propose to you first.” Jonghun smiled at her words. “I’d accept only if she is Angelina Jolie or Scarlett Johansson.” Jonghun nodded gravely. Suzy continued laughing.

“Dream on buster. Anyways thank you for talking to me Jonghun. I always feel better after talking to you. Hey do you know where I can get a nice dress?” Jonghun choked at Suzy’s question. “What?! Did you just ask me where to go shopping for a dress? Are you really Bae Suzy? Or did an alien take over your body?” Jonghun laughed.

“I just want to look.. um pretty tomorrow.” She said in a small voice. Jonghun smiled. When she wasn’t on a murderous rampage Suzy could actually be pretty cute. “I’ll take you out for shopping & a makeover today afternoon.” He said finally. Suzy was the only person whom he had allowed to be close to him for so many years. He wanted to make her happy because in her own weird way Suzy made him happy.

“Really? Thank you so much! I’ll treat you to ice-cream if things go well!” Jonghun could practically feel Suzy bouncing up & down her bed. “Alright. Alright. Don’t jump on your bed too much or else you might break it.” he . “Shut up babo! I’ll see you at 12 outside at our usual meeting place.” Suzy hung up. Jonghun hung up & laid back down on his bed. He was now wide awake & found his thoughts drifting to Suzy & Hyun Woo.

As much as he found Hyun Woo & Suzy’s so-called romance to be PG-rated & absolutely boring Jonghun sometimes wished, only privately of course that he would also find someone to have a steady relationship with. He had woken up many nights alone in his darkened bedroom his heart aching with loneliness & longing.

It was an occurrence that even happened on days that Jonghun had his girlfriends over for the night. His physical lust could be satisfied with loads of beautiful, hot & willing woman but what his heart secretly longed for.. None of those women could satisfy that.

“The least I could do is help Bae Suzy so that she can be happy with the man of her dreams.” Jonghun told himself & found a sigh escaping his lips. Maybe Suzy was right. He should try to date only one girl per week & maybe he would finally find the perfect girl for himself. “One thing I know if the girl is anything like Bae Suzy my life is officially over.” Jonghun laughed.

“You call this a treat? Burgers at McDonalds is not the treat I’m expecting Bae Suzy.” Jonghun shook his head disapprovingly as Suzy sat down their food in front of him. “Don’t be daft. I told you I’ll treat you to ice-cream AFTER my date with Hyun Woo oppa goes well. Now shut up & eat. I’m already nervous as it is without you trying to rile me up.” Suzy pushed the burger towards Jonghun.

He opened his mouth to ask her if she remembered to ask for extra tartar sauce on his burger when Suzy answered him without even looking up. “Extra tartar sauce on your fish burger. I even asked for an extra packet. It’s on your tray.” She fiddled with her wallet. For the millionth time Jonghun wondered how she did that. There wasn’t a woman in the world who knew him as well as Suzy did.

“Did you find a nice place where I can get a pretty dress?” Suzy asked after their hasty lunch. “I did but I want you to let me handle everything. If you want to look pretty for Hyun Woo you should not protest to whatever I ask you to do.” Jonghun told her.

He wanted to help Suzy but given her violent tendencies she might take out his eye if he asked her to apply eyeshadow for herself. “Okay fine. I promise to control my temper just for today.” Suzy promised. Relieved at getting her word Jonghun drove her to one of the most prestigious boutiques in Seoul that only the most elite could gain entry to.

“Wh.. What are we doing here? A dress here costs almost as much as a whole year’s supply of coffee beans for my family’s cafe.” Suzy’s eyes widened when Jonghun stopped right in front of the boutique. “Don’t worry about the money.” Jonghun told her serenely. “Wait.. You want to pay for my dress? No.. I can’t allow that to happen.” Suzy took a step back from him.

“Yah Bae Suzy.. you’ve been my only close friend for so many years. At least let me return your help.” Jonghun grabbed her by the hand & dragged towards the boutique. “Getting beaten up & scolded by me was help?” Suzy asked looking confused. “You are the only thing keeping me grounded for so many years. That is a big help already. Now come on.. We’ve got a lot of things to do.” Jonghun pushed open the doors of the boutique & Suzy was greeted by a rush of blossom fragrance emanating from inside the place.

“Welcome Mr Choi. I see you’ve brought an actual guest here instead of just giving us measurements. Are you buying lingerie for her as well? We’ve got the latest selection of floral bras for the summer season.” the elderly saleslady shook Jonghun’s hand in greeting. He snuck a look at Suzy who looked mortified at that comment.

“You buy lingerie for your y girlfriends here & you bring me here?! Now that woman thinks I’m also one of your s.” Suzy glared at Jonghun accusingly. “No way man. You’re the first woman I’ve brought here personally. Didn’t you hear her? You’re different.” Jonghun insisted. He knew that Suzy took her female pride seriously & didn’t want to offend her principles.

“As long as you don’t start buying me floral bras I’m still going to keep my end of the bargain.” Suzy pushed past Jonghun to where the dresses were. “Phew. That was close.” Jonghun held a hand up to his chest. The last thing he wanted was to get beaten up by Suzy in a high class boutique. If word got out then his image would totally be trashed.

“This.” Suzy held out a knee length yellow dress. “Please. You’ll look like Hyun Woo’s grandmother in that dress.” Jonghun mocked her. “Then am I supposed to show up in a bra like your girlfriends do?” Suzy rolled her eyes. “Don’t be so cynical little Suzy.” Jonghun ruffled her thick black hair. She smacked away his hand in annoyance. “Wear this.” Jonghun pulled out a short white tube dress that resembled a y wedding gown.

Suzy raised her eyebrows. “Am I going for a S&M party? I’ll look like a ty bride in that.” she shook her head. “Are you kidding me? This dress suits you perfectly. Remember what you promised me? Don’t interfere in my choices at least for today. Go & change into this.” Jonghun put the silky dress into Suzy’s arms.

She looked at Jonghun & back at the dress and then gave a groan of frustration. Jonghun watched her storming into the dressing room & held back his laughter. Which girl hated shopping? Bae Suzy was the only one.

“I’m going to come out now but if you laugh at me Choi Jonghun I’ll break your back.” Suzy called out from the dressing room. “Oh come out already! You’re not . Why are you so hesitant?” for the past fifteen minutes Jonghun had been unsuccessfully trying to get Suzy out of the dressing room.

She apparently felt she looked like a hideous cow & was trying to get Jonghun to hand her the oversized sweater & jeans she had been wearing before. Jonghun heard another groan before Suzy emerged from the dressing room. Jonghun’s eyes bulged out of their sockets when they fell on Suzy. That gown was the best thing Suzy had ever worn since the moment Jonghun met her.

Her figure unnoticeable in the loose oversized clothes she used to wear was displayed in full force in the short tight white dress. Her long shapely legs hidden behind her sweatpants or leggings glowed in the light of the boutique. Her pale translucent skin tone set off even more sharply against the sheer white of the dress.

Suzy spotted Jonghun’s open mouthed expression & did a double take. “I knew it! I told you this was a bad idea. I must look like a cow in this dress.” Suzy sighed. Jonghun managed to close his mouth after a few moments of failing to do so. “Wow.. you look great.” He breathed. Suzy stared at him suspiciously. “Are you trying to make me feel better? Because it’s not working.” she tugged at the short hem of the dress, attempting to hide her thighs from plain sight.

“You honestly look amazing.” Jonghun said truthfully. When she was convinced she wasn’t lying Suzy relaxed slightly but not completely. “Are you sure I’ve to wear this dress?” Suzy’s eyes went back to the yellow dress. Jonghun shook his head vehemently. “NO WAY. THIS DRESS.” He said in a booming voice. Knowing that she was beaten Suzy sighed in defeat.

“Now what?” Suzy looked slightly intimidated as the elderly shop assistant sat her down in front of a large mirror & undid the barrette in her hair. “Your hair is a total mess young lady. Look at these split ends. My grandmother would be turning in her grave!” she admonished Suzy. “Your grandmother? Was that 200 hundred years ago?” Suzy asked cheekily & got a smack on her head as a reply.

Jonghun snorted behind his magazine. Usually it was Suzy who was physically abusive but this time around she was getting a taste of her medicine. Jonghun kept his face hidden behind the magazine the whole time not daring to even peek at Suzy. He could already feel her murderous glare at him punctuated by her yelps of pain as Greta the shop assistant stuck her with bobby pins.

Half an hour after hiding behind an outdated copy of ‘Her World’ Jonghun put the magazine down tiredly. “All done!” Greta announced with a flourish. Within thirty minutes Greta had worked a miracle & turned Suzy’s messy bird’s nest into an elegant bun with silky black tendrils falling around her neck & shoulders. Traces of light flattering makeup had been applied on Suzy’s face giving her a natural fresh look.

If Jonghun hadn’t found Suzy stunning before the sight that was in front of him was enough to cease his heart for a moment or two. “Lee Hyun Woo would be an idiot to say no to you.” Jonghun told Suzy. She smiled back gratefully. “Oh before we go. I need to use the loo!” Suzy grabbed her bag & rushed to the washroom. “Don’t crumple the dress child!” Greta called after her.

“She must be someone special right?” Greta asked ringing up the purchases on the cash register. “You mean Suzy? She’s my very good friend.” Jonghun handed her his platinum MasterCard. “I heard you mention another man. Are you not spending so much of money for Suzy to doll up for you? Instead it’s for another man?” Greta was curious.

“I’m helping her get ready for a date tonight where her boyfriend is going to propose to her. I owe it to her.” Jonghun signed on the slip Greta handed him. “But you love her don’t you?” Greta looked confused. Jonghun squinted at her. “Why would you say that?” his curiosity was also piqued. “So you haven’t realised it yet. Better now than never son. Don’t let her slip through your fingers.” Greta told Jonghun in a motherly tone.

“But I don’t love Suzy. She’s.. She’s just a friend whom I treasure.” Jonghun retorted. How could Greta even suggest such a thing? Suzy wasn’t his type. She wasn’t beautiful, glamorous or hot. “I’m ready.” Suzy reappeared & gave Jonghun a dimpled smile. But then again.. The way she was looking in the dress.. Jonghun slapped himself mentally for entertaining such thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome! :D

Asdfghjkl123 - Thank you so much for your compliments! It's alright if I only get one comment & four subscribers. I'm happy enough to just write because it's my passion. :) Thank you once again for commenting regularly & subscribing to me. :)