~*THIRTY FOUR*~

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“Son.. What are you doing here?” Mr Choi asked Jonghun when he saw his son sitting at the bar sipping on a tall glass of Coke loaded with ice cubes. “Just getting a drink. I was getting a little parched from all the talking.” Jonghun answered slurping his Coke noisily. “”Who were you talking to? Suzy?” Mr Choi asked even though he already knew the answer. “Yep.” Jonghun answered calmly.

“It’s wonderful news that Dino helped you distract Hyuna then.” Mr Choi down his own gin & tonic in one go. “Dino?” Jonghun raised his eyebrows. “Son can’t you figure things out?” Mr Choi shook his head. Jonghun thought for a while & then it struck him. “Don’t tell me Dino is..” Jonghun stared at his father. Mr Choi nodded. “Oh my..” Jonghun let out a deep breath.

“Funnily enough you don’t seem to be too shattered at the thought that your best friend might be making a move on your girlfriend.” Mr Choi signalled for another shot of gin and tonic. “I was actually planning on breaking up with Hyuna soon. I’m glad that she would still have Dino who deserves her affections more than I do.” Jonghun replied calmly.

“Looks like you have it all figured out.” Mr Choi smiled. Jonghun stirred his Coke absent-mindedly. “Those two women over there at the bar have been eyeing you for a while.” Mr Choi pointed at the two buxom women whom Jonghun had already spotted giving him the eye before.

“Yes dad. I already saw them. I’m not interested.” Jonghun shrugged. Mr Choi almost spat out his Coke. “Did you just say what I just heard?” he sputtered. Jonghun signalled the waiter to pour him another glass of Coke. “Son.. Just how much do you love Bae Suzy?” Mr Choi was truly curious. Jonghun merely smiled in reply.

“If you love her as much as I think then why are you still sitting on your instead of trying to give her a lift back home? It’s almost midnight & you let a girl go home alone.” Mr Choi chided his son. “Suzy is too stubborn to ask me for a lift. I’m sure she’s already back home in bed.” Jonghun suddenly felt a stab of worry at the pit of his stomach.

Maybe he should have followed her despite her probably threatening him with bodily harm if he did. “Is she?” Mr Choi questioned doubtfully. Jonghun realised the seriousness of his father’s words & stood up so quickly he almost knocked over his chair in haste.

“Go & check if my future daughter in-law is alright.” Mr Choi punched his son’s arm lightly. “But what about your cake cutting ceremony?” Jonghun checked his watch.

“Son.. I’m 50 years old. I’ve had plenty of cake cutting ceremonies without you being present. Now go & stop making excuses to delay seeing Suzy.” Mr Choi pointed at the door. Without another word Jonghun ran out of it. “Sorry ladies.. He’s taken.” Mr Choi told the two women with an unapologetic smile.

“Ow.. My knee..” Suzy whimpered in pain as she attempted to get up from the cruel concrete floor that had caused her to scrape her right knee, elbow and palm badly. “I must have broken the fall on my right side.” Suzy moaned even though it was obvious. Her vision blurred when tears of pain trickled down her cheeks. Her scrapes were stinging like crazy.

Picking herself up with extreme difficult Suzy limped to the bus stop & sat on the bench to examine her injuries. The scrape on her knee seemed the most serious, it was already bleeding. Suzy winced spotting the rivulet of blood snaking its way down her calf.

Grabbing her sling bag Suzy rummaged in it for a tissue but found none. “I left it back at the patio when I took out the pack to wipe off the sauce on my face.” Suzy groaned recalling vigorously trying to wipe away barbeque sauce on her face from the buffalo wings.

Jonghun was about to zoom past the bus stop when he spotted a familiar figure hunched over one of the benches. “Suzy?!” Jonghun’s Mercedes screeched to a stop the sound reverberating throughout the entire area that was thick with eerie silence. He spotted Suzy jump up in shock clutching her chest in fright. When she finally recognised him her frightened gaze turned into a furious glare.

“Were you trying to kill yourself or me?” Suzy asked when Jonghun neared her looking worried. “Suzy? It’s past midnight already. Why are you still not home?” Jonghun almost let out a gasp when he saw the scrapes on Suzy’s arm & leg. Did someone do that to her? “Oh my god.. What is wrong with you? You’re hurt!” Jonghun was beside Suzy in an instant, his arm around her shoulder protectively.

“Nothing.. I tripped over a pebble & fell flat on my face while I was running for the last bus whose driver suddenly became deaf to my scream for him to stop.” Suzy whimpered when Jonghun took her arm to examine the scrape. “This seems pretty bad. Wait.. The scrape on your knee is even worse.” Jonghun pointed at the raw red bleeding bruise.

“I practically crawled to the bus stop because I honestly can’t walk.” Suzy hugged her knee in apparent agony. “Why didn’t you call me?” Jonghun demanded. “Because I didn’t want to disturb you..” Suzy sighed. “So you would rather sit out here in this deserted bus stop all night long instead of calling me for help?” Jonghun didn’t want to believe what he was hearing. Was Suzy’s ego more important than her safety?

Reading his thoughts Suzy quickly jumped to her own defense. “Look here Jonghun.. I’ve been telling you in no kind terms to stay away from me. How can I call you for help? Plus to make you leave your father’s birthday party because I couldn’t watch where I was going? It’s unfair.” Suzy placed a hand on Jonghun’s.

“But still..” Jonghun opened his mouth to argue back when he noticed the sadness mingled with pain shining in Suzy’s eyes. Deciding not to hurt her even further than she already was Jonghun stood up & walked back to his car. Pulling open the compartment beside his driver’s seat Jonghun took out the first-aid box he kept for emergencies. “Alright.. Here we go..” he ran back to a shell shocked looking Suzy.

Taking out a couple of bandages & a bottle of antiseptic liquid Jonghun first dressed the wound on Suzy’s palm. “This is going to hurt..” he told her gently. “You don’t say.” Suzy replied drily. Smiling at her reply Jonghun expertly dressed the wound. “You think you’re the only one who can dress wounds..” Jonghun asked Suzy.

“No you seem to be an expert on it.” Suzy answered sincerely noticing how gentle & careful he was in not wanting to cause her any more pain. “Now your knee..” Jonghun bent over & dabbed a cotton wool with antiseptic liquid on the wound. “Ow.” Suzy yelped her eyes tearing up again. “Sorry..” Jonghun apologised softly. Within five minutes he had dressed the three scrapes & Suzy’s pain had considerably reduced.

“Thank you Jonghun..” Suzy thanked him after he was done. “Don’t worry about it.” Jonghun stood up & held out his hand. Suzy blinked at him in confusion. “What you think I’d just leave you out here after dressing your wounds?” Jonghun gestured for Suzy to take his hand.

“Are we going back to your mansion?” Suzy seemed uncertain about that possibility. Hyuna would probably chew her up & spit her out within seconds if she found out what Jonghun had done for Suzy. “We are going ice skating.” Jonghun grinned helping up an open mouthed Suzy. If Suzy wasn’t interested in his lifestyle he would integrate himself into hers even if it meant taking her out for ice skating at midnight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Thank you for all the comments & feedback guys! I'm glad you all are enjoying my story so far. Hope this latest chapter was good. Comments & suggestions are all welcome! <3

Sueweeties have you watched this yet? Suzy is just sooo adorable! She looks so good without makeup, fresh and young. Plus her 4D antics are hilarious.