Chapter 2

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

I just stared at the giant house, not registering anything besides my shock.  Suddenly, the giant double doors of the mansion opened, and a small figure rushed outside.  Sungmin and I stood outside the tall iron gate that surrounded the main building, so we were too far away to get a good look.  The man ran towards us, and as he approached, I realized that it was my father.

He wore a big happy grin on his face, and he hurried to open the gates.  As soon as the iron barrier was removed, he enveloped me into a big bear hug and swung me around excitedly.  I laughed and hugged him back, just happy to finally see him again.  When he finally released me, he stood back looking at me appraisingly. 

"Oh, Wookie!  You haven't been eating enough, you're nothing but skin and bones!  You're mother will have a fit when she sees you!"  I laughed at his concern, but turned when I heard a muffled sniffling noise.  I looked and was surprised to see Sungmin crying softly. 

"It's just so beautiful!" he exclaimed before gathering both me and my father into a tight group hug.  I was a bit surprised by the sudden action, but my father just chuckled,

"Ah Sungmin, you're still as sensitive as ever I see"  My hyung sniffled again, and we all laughed.  Sungmin still held one of my bags, and despite my protests my father refused to let me carry the other one.

"Wookie, if I let to carry this your arm may break in half.  Seriously, I must feed you right away!"  I groaned and shook my head at my dad's babying.  I was an only child and my parents did all they could to spoil me.  Since they couldn't afford to spoil me in a materialistic sense, they made sure to give me as much love and care they could.

I stepped into the arching doorway, and gasped as I took in the high vaulted ceilings and marble floors.  The room sparkled in the midday sun, and the decor screamed of wealth.  Diamond faceted chandeliers hung at regular intervals along the ceiling, and a grand staircase lay at the center of the room.  The room was not over cluttered, and was sparsely furnished, but the furniture that was present was of the highest quality.

Next to the staircase, was a large glass elevator that gave the house a more modern feel.  Everything exuded elegance, and aristocracy, but little touches around the house suggested access to the finest and newest technologies.  My father chuckled as Sungmin gently pushed my gaping mouth closed, and I blushed at my obvious awe.

"Don't worry" Sungmin reassured me, "when I first saw the house, I literally passed out!"  I smiled, feeling less embarrassed than before.  My father nudged me and Sungmin towards the stairs and asked,

"Sungmin, can you show Wookie to his room?  I want to tell his mother that he's here"  My hyung smiled and nodded enthusiastically.  I wrestled the bag from my father's hands and followed after Sungmin as he dutifully marched towards the elevator.

The servants and workers all lived on the the very top floor.  The elevator opened up into a large hallway and for a moment I actually thought we were in a hotel.  Sungmin led me into a room that was twice the size of my dorm room at university.  There was even a walk in closet and a private bathroom.  Sungmin placed my bag on the bed, then led me further down the hall and showed me where his room was in case I needed him.  He told me that since my parents were such trusted and respected workers they got their own cottage on the property.

I smiled when I heard that.  It was nice to know my parents were being treated well, and I felt grateful towards the kind family that lived here.  Sungmin left me, and I got to unpacking my stuff.  I set my clothes in the closet, and placed my sheet music on my desk neatly.  Once my keyboard arrived tomorrow, I would have the things I needed to start working.

I turned at the sound of my door opening.  I was instantly enveloped in a loving embrace as my mom greeted me.  She was crying happily, and I started to tear up myself.  When she was able to speak, the first thing my mother said was,

"Aish!  When did you get this skinny?!  Come, I'll get you some food"  I sighed, most parents asked if their kids grew taller, mine just tried to force feed me.  I followed my mom and she led me to the kitchen.  My eyes widened as I took in the magnificent space.  It was larger than any hotel kitchen, and there were eight convection ovens, twenty refrigerators, and thousands of pots and pans.  I admired the chef grade knives and the newest technologies.

My mom led me to a small corner of the looming chrome room, and started to make me a sandwich.  I looked around as I ate and noted all the chefs mulling around and just relaxing.  My mother must have noticed my questioning look because she explained,

"The Cho family is on a trip right now.  The youngest son was at university in America and the whole family went on vacation to pick him up"  I nodded and asked,

"Who exactly are the Chos?" 

"Well, the father owns a multinational investment company, and the mother is a famed fashion designer.  They are the richest family in South Korea, but they are also philanthropists.  They always make sure to give back to the community"  I smiled in awe.  She continued,

"There are three children.  The eldest is a daughter named Ahra.  She is about 7 yars older than you, and is a successful lawyer.  She graduated from the top law school in England.  The middle child is named Kyuhyun.  He's two years older than you and is a math genius.  He just graduated at the top of his class.  He is the heir to his father's company.  The youngest is a son named Henry.  He's actually a year younger than you, but he is a musical genius.  He is studying in America at the Juilliard music school.. He also speaks English and Chinese in addition to Korean" 

I nodded, amazed at the impressive pedigree.  This family was truly amazing, and judging by the way my mother talked about them she was obviously very fond of them. 

"You know, you, Kyuhyun, and Henry used to be best friends when you were children"  I looked up at my mother in surprise,

"How?  I don't remember them at all!"  She smiled,

"Well, I suppose it was a long time ago.  But when they were young, I would teach all of you.  Since Mrs. Cho was often away, I was the one who raised them.  You three were inseparable!  It was so cute, Kyuhyun and Henry would always fight over you like you were their favorite toy!"  I smiled, still not remembering any of this, but I nodded anyway.  I yawned widely and my mom didn't miss this, she pulled me to my feet.

"Go sleep" she ordered, smiling gently.  "You've had a long day, and I want you to be at your best tomorrow"  I looked at her questioningly and she explained,

"Tomorrow I will introduce you to the whole staff, and then you will help us prepare for the Cho's home coming.  They are returning the day after tomorrow and everything must be perfect" I nodded, and hugged my mother lovingly.  She kissed my forehead before nudging me towards the elevator.  I grinned and sleepily made my way to my room.

I prepared for bed, and happily fell into the most comfortable bed I had ever felt.  I smiled dreamily and my mind wandered to the conversation I had with my mom.

"Best friends?" I thought.  Then shook my head,

"Naw, couldn't be.  I don't remember them at all"  I pushed those ridiculous thoughts away, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

 


Sorry for another slow chappie, but I needed to set some stuff up.

Stick with me, I promise it will get better!  Stay tuned!

Comments = ~<3

Location: on couch watching the Boston Celtics get slaughtered by the Miami Heat, *shakes head disappointedly*

Mood: stressed, mad at the Celtics

Music: "Love Dust" by BIG BANG (I have one earbud in so I can still watch game ^^)