Chapter 51

I Aim to Please You...

Kyuhyun's POV

 "Ryeowook!" I yelled.

I didn't care that people were staring at me like I was crazy.  I didn't care that I was making a scene.  All I cared about was that Ryeowook stopped and slowly turned around.

He looked at me, his eyes a mix of confusion and fear.  He made no attempt to move, so I ran faster, quickly closing the distance between us.  He shot a panicked look at his surroundings, obviously searching for a way to escape.  I ran faster, I wasn't going to let him disappear on me again.  Never again.

I grabbed his arm before he had a chance to bolt.  He looked up at me then quickly squeezed his eyes closed, like he expected me to hit him.  My heart ached slightly at his reaction, did he really feel like he needed to be punished?

"Wookie" I said softly.

He hesitantly opened his eyes, still looking at me warily.  We had drawn more spectators, and I could hear them whispering, obviously wondering what was going on.  I ignored them, it wasn't like it was my first time having an audience in my life.

I turned my attention back to Ryeowook who was now shifting uncomfortably.  His eyes darted around and he flushed when he saw all the people watching us.  He tried to free himself from my grip, but I still refused to let him go.  I wasn't going to give him a chance to escape, I couldn't risk it.

"Wookie" I said again.

He looked up at me, his face still painted with an embarrassed blush.

"Why are you here?" he whispered softly, "Where's your wife?"

There was no anger in his words, only resignation.

"You're an idiot" I muttered.

He wasn't expecting this response and his eyes widened,

"E-excuse me?"

"You are an idiot, Kim Ryeowook"

His mouth dropped open in shock and he spluttered, trying to think of an appropriate reaction.  I took advantage of his momentary distraction and I crashed my lips against his.

He gasped and struggled, trying to free himself.  I held on tight, deepening the kiss as he kept trying to push me away.  He bit down on my lip harshly and the coppery taste of blood invaded my mouth.  I growled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his body, forcing his body against mine.

I felt him shudder and I could feel the wetness of his tears as they leaked down his cheeks.  Slowly he stopped fighting, and I pulled him even closer, closing any gaps that might have remained between our bodies.

I softened the kiss, making it less forceful and he whimpered.  My lips curved into a small smile as he finally started to kiss me back.

I pulled away from him, and looked into his eyes.

"You're an idiot, Kim Ryeowook.  You're an idiot to think I could ever be happy without you.  You're an idiot to think I could ever stop loving you"

"K-kyu~" he sniffed, but I cut him off.

"No, I don't want to hear it.  I don't want to hear any more bull about how you're not good enough, or how you will only end up hurting me.  I don't want to hear you tell me that you need to leave for my own good or for my future.  The only future I want is a future with you"

He looked away, not saying anything and I asked him,

"Do you love me?"

He didn't answer and I knew he was trying to lie.

"Kim Ryeowook, I'm asking you a question!  Do you love me?!"

He sighed and he nodded ever so slightly.

"Do you want to be with me?" 

Again he refused to answer, and he stared at his feet, his tears making water marks on the cement.  Finally, he nodded again, more tear drops splashing on the ground.

I released my grip on his arm, but I pulled his chin up making him look me in the eyes.

"If you love me then don't leave me!  For once in your life, can you stop thinking about others?!  Don't do the right thing, don't think about the consequences!  Ryeowook, just be selfish!  Just take what you want and screw everyone else!  Stop trying to please everyone but yourself!  Do what you want!"

He stared at me with wide eyes, obviously shocked by my sudden outburst.  He was so startled that his tears stopped falling, and for the first time in a while, he had dry eyes.  He blinked blankly and I started to get worried, maybe I had been to harsh.

I released his chin and I took a step back,

"S-sorry" I said anxiously, wishing I could take back my angry words.

He continued to stare at me wordlessly, and I cursed myself, thinking I had just screwed up my last chance.

Suddenly he shook his head.

"No, don't apologize..." he whispered, looking up at me with an unreadable expression in his eyes.

I nodded uncertainly, not sure how he what he was going to say.  There was a faraway look in his eyes, and he looked so much older, more mature than I had ever seen him look.  

"I'm so tired Kyuhyun.  I'm tired of being unhappy, and I'm tired of pretending everything is okay when I feel like the walls are crashing down on me.  I'm tired of hurting and I'm tired of crying... I am so so tired..."

His eyes finally met mine, and for the first time I finally felt like he was seeing me and letting me see him.  For the first time I saw the pain that lingered in his eyes.  I saw the guilt and the darkness, and I saw all the horrors of his past.  But at the same time, I saw his purity, the same light that shone in his eyes when we were still kids.  He had lost his innocence, but he was still pure.  He was still good.

Finally, his lips curled into a smile, something I hadn't seen it what seemed like life times.

"But most of all, I'm tired of missing you"

My face broke out into a smile of my own.  He was in my arms immediately, and I held him so close that I could feel his heart beat.

"God, I just don't want to miss you anymore" he whispered into my chest.

I closed my eyes and kissed the top of his head.  I bent down and nuzzled the side of his neck before whispering in his ear.

"Never again, you won't miss me ever again.  I will always be with you, always"

I felt him nod and I squeezed him tighter.  I meant every word I said.  I would never leave him alone, not till death did us apart.

 

Ryeowook's POV

I clutched his hand, shaking from absolute terror.  Kyuhyun squeezed my hand reassuringly and smiled down at me.

"Don't worry" he said, "It doesn't matter what they say, they don't mean anything.  All that matters is you and me"

I took a deep breath and nodded, trying to hide my nerves.  What we were about to do was unthinkable, and I knew very well that I could be destroying not only Kyuhyun's business career, but also his family.  Before I could have second thoughts, Kyuhyun pushed open the doors of the chapel, his hand still wrapped around mine firmly.

The loud chattering died as soon as Kyuhyun walked inside.  Kyuhyun ignored the questioning eyes of the guests and he kept his focus straight ahead of him.  He marched down the aisle, pulling me after him.  His eyes never left the group that was clustered around the podium.  I cautiously observed the group and I picked out Seohyun and her father, I assumed the other man and woman were Kyuhyun's parents.

As we approached them, I heard a small gasp from the crowd.  My eyes searched out the source of the sound, and I saw my mother and father staring at me with wide eyes.  My heart ached, and I wanted nothing more than to run to them, but I couldn't, not right now.

I sent them an apologetic smile, but turned away, following Kyuhyun as we drew nearer to confrontation. 

Seohyun was the first to react.  She stormed towards us, sending me a glare that could have made hell freeze over.  She then turned her eyes on Kyuhyun and she hissed,

"Why the did you bring this here?!" 

Kyuhyun simply ignored her, pushing right past her without giving her a second look.  He marched straight up to Seohyun's father and he bowed to him deeply.

"I'm sorry sir, but I cannot go through with this marriage.  I cannot possibly give your daughter the happiness she desires.  I hope this will not impact our future business partnership"

Seohyun's father looked at Kyuhyun in shock.  He eyed me suspiciously before shooting a worried look at his fuming daughter.  He opened his mouth to say something but he was caught off by the woman I assumed was Kyuhyun's mother.

"I'm sorry Mr. Seo, please ignore my son, he doesn't know what he's saying"

Her expressionless eyes raked over Kyuhyun and lingered on our clasped hands.  She slowly looked up and her cold eyes bored into mine.  I felt like her words were a threat directed straight at me as she continued,

"My son will go through with this marriage"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dang, Kyuhyun's mommy is scary as ! >.<

Anyway, hope you liked this update, the end is very near my dear readers!!

Location: room, I'm still in quarantine...

Mood: sick

Music: "Insomnia" by Ryeowook (I haven't slept in like days... I've been coughing too much to sleep... ugh...)