Chapter 37

I Aim to Please You...

 

********** 2 Years Later **********

 

Ryeowook's POV

I smiled slightly as I saw the snow fall in elegant flurries.  I traced the path of the flakes as they descended to the earth.  I hummed softly to myself, my actions mindless.

"Lixu!" someone called, effectively breaking my reverie.

I glanced up and grinned when I saw who was looking for me.

"Zhoumi-gege!" I greeted.

My tall friend scurried to my side, his long legs flashing through his red silk robe.

"Lixu, did you forget you have a client in an hour?  If you're late again the boss will kill you!"

My eyes lowered slightly at the mention of a client, but I quickly covered it with a grin as I chirped,

"Don't worry Mimi!  You know Hangeng would never do anything to me, Heechul-hyung loves me too much"

Zhoumi rolled his eyes, but he couldn't help but smile at me knowingly,

"Aish, such a lucky brat!  I don't know what you did to earn that diva's favor"

I smiled cheekily and replied,

"That's what everyone says about me and you.  Everyone asks how I managed to subdue your iness!" Zhoumi, lifted his chin arrogantly and smiled with pride,

"I am the iest, aren't I?"

I giggled and hugged his arm,

"Well, technically Chullie has you beat in that department, but you're a very close second"

Zhoumi pinched my cheek and mused,

"You always know just what to say, is that why Heechul favors you?"

I shook my head as I hurried back to my room,

"It's because I'm Korean!  He likes talking in his native language" I called over my shoulder.

I laughed as I heard him mumble softly,

"So that's it... I'd better learn some Korean..."

I stepped into my luxurious bedroom, heading straight to the bathroom to clean myself.  I jumped into the shower, shuddering as the hot water washed over my cold skin.  I began to massage sweet smelling oils into my skin, wincing as my aching body protested.

My last client had been too rough, I would have to inform Hangeng and have him banned from the club.  I dried myself and slid into my deep purple robe, loving the feel of the silk against my bare skin.  I walked back into the main bedroom, sighing when I thought about having to serve a client.

I hated my job, and I was welcome to quit whenever I pleased, but I knew I never would.  I had my own reasons for becoming an ...

I sat on the bed, staring at the door absentmindedly.  I was startled when the door opened, it was still too early for my next client.  A smile broke out across my face when I saw Heechul flounce into my room.

"Hyung!" I chirped, happy to see him.

He grinned back, flipping his curled hair over his shoulder.  It was still amazing to me how a man could be so beautiful, honestly he was way prettier than most women.

"Hey baby-Wook" he greeted, ruffling my hair fondly.

"What brings you here?" I asked curiously.

My hyung rarely visited my room, preferring to summon me to his own chamber when he wanted to visit.

"Ah, my dear, there was a special request for you?"

I looked up at him waiting for him to elaborate. 

"You know Mr. Choi, right?"

"Ah Siwon-sshi!  Yes, he's one of my favorite customers"

It was true, Siwon was kind and always gentlemanly.  Although most people looked down on us because of our profession, Siwon was always respectful and he was quite popular among the workers.

"That man is a god" Heechul said dreamily, "Seriously, it can't be legal to be that handsome!"

I giggled and mused,

"Hmm, I don't think Hangeng-gege would approve of your little commentary"

My hyung laughed and nodded,

"True, my Hannie is definitely the jealous type"

Heechul continued to grin, lost in some memory.  I cleared my throat softly, trying to get the conversation back on track.  My hyung managed to snap back into focus and he mumbled,

"Where was I?... Oh!  Mr. Choi!"

I nodded, waiting patiently for him to continue. 

"Anyway, there's some kind of event for the rich and fabulous coming up and he requested you to act as his date"

My eyes widened, I had never received a request like this one before.  Heechul must have seen my surprise because he clarified,

"Well there were two main factors leading to his decision to ask you.  Firstly, the event will be hosted by a prominent Korean family, so he felt it was only acceptable that he bring a Korean date"

I nodded, the logic making sense.  A mischievous grin broke out on my hyung's face and I was immediately wary, anything my hyung found amusing couldn't be good.

"Secondly, Mr. Choi would appreciate it if you would act as his female counterpart"

I sighed and nodded, now understanding why Siwon would request me personally.  In addition to being Korean, my feminine looks would make me the obvious candidate.

My hyung cackled and whipped out a bag with a designer name splashed on it.  He handed it to me and I peeked inside, blushing when I saw it contained all the items I would need to transform myself into a woman.

I cringed as I examined the lacy lingerie and the pads that would act as my artificial s.

"When is the event?" I asked warily.

My hyung shot me a triumphant look,

"It's in a week"

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I threw back another shot, not even flinching as the alcohol burned my throat.  I was alone in my room, the blinds drawn so no light managed to infiltrate the darkness. 

I threw back another drink of the harsh liquid before reaching into the pocket of my suit.  I pulled out the wrinkled and worn paper.  My eyes scanned over the words that I had memorized long ago.  The harsh words never failed to sting me, but I still read them over and over again.

As always, my eyes settled on the signature at the end of the letter.  How long had I agonized over this particular part of the letter?  Two years.  I had been re-reading the letter every day since he left me.

I looked up, instantly on guard as I heard someone step off the elevator.  My eyes narrowed and I hid the paper behind my back.  I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it was only Henry.

He took one look at me before murmuring,

"Reading it again?"

I looked away, but nodded.

"I can't help it" I answered bitterly, "It's that damn signature, I swear the smudge was caused my a tear stain... I'm positive!"

Henry just watched me, his eyes revealing his own sadness.  I knew he had heard me say this millions of times before, but the words still tumbled out,

"He wouldn't be crying if he meant what he wrote, it doesn't make any sense..."

My brother nodded, knowing how badly I wanted to believe that was the case.  Hell, I knew he wanted to believe just as badly as I did.  Both of us were desperate, looking for any reason to doubt the claim for Ryeowook's sudden abandonment.

"He called his mom today" Henry whispered.

"Same phone as always I'm assuming?"

Henry nodded and I resisted the urge to punch the wall.  Although Ryeowook had left us, I knew he could never do that to his parents.  We held out hope that we would be able to track him down, but it was futile.  He called his parents regularly, but he never told them where he was or what he was doing.  Worse off, the phone he used was untraceable and it was blocked so tightly that even the top government technology couldn't tell where he made the calls from.

It was frustrating and the pressure to find him only intensified as time ticked closer to the date I had dreaded for so long.

"Henry, how long?" I asked weakly, my head falling into my hands. 

He didn't have to ask what I was talking about, he knew very well what I was talking about.

"About a week"

I squeezed my eyes closed and gripped handfuls of my hair.  I had a week to find Ryeowook...

There was only a week before my wedding...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double update status!!! I finally figured out how this thing is gonna end!

*is freakin relieved*

Anyway, hope the time shift isn't too drastic, more will be explained in the coming chappies!

Thanks for hanging in there you guys!  I love you!

Comments = ~<3

 

Location: on the couch waiting for my nails to dry

Mood: slightly anxious... I keep thinking about all the college I need to do, but I keep putting it off >.>

Music: "Love Again" by Kyuhyun... okay but Kyuwook has couple songs, Wook has a song called "Smile Again" see the similarities? (Shisus, I will make anything into Kyuwook... *facepalms*)