Chapter 20

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

ethical-beach-mansion.jpg

I gasped and my eyes bugged out of my head as I stared at the gigantic beach house that stood before me.  I couldn't believe that this huge mansion was just for three people.  The very idea was mind blowing.  Kyuhyun came up beside me and looked at the house critically.

"Psh!" he huffed, looking unimpressed, "So puny"

I gawked at him, my mouth dropping in disbelief.  Kyuhyun glanced at me before sending me a small smirk and patting me on my head condescendingly,

"I keep forgetting that you are such a poor commoner, trust me, this is nothing compared to the places we've stayed in the past"

My eyes narrowed and I shot him an acidic glare.  Kyuhyun simply ignored me and turned to Henry.

"Ya!  We could stayed in a house twice this size if we stayed at the Japanese Embassy!"

Henry strolled up, looking cool in his black tank-top and ray bands.  He lifted the shades from his eyes and rolled them.

"Kyu, stop ing already, staying at the Chinese Embassy is the most logical choice"

I hid a smile as Kyuhyn frowned and grumbled under his breath.  It was true, although the Japanese Embassy was more luxurious and had more amenities, the Chinese Embassy was the smarter option.

Firstly, if Seohyun decided to track us down in Japan, she would havce a harder time finding us.  If we stayed at the Japanese Embassy then Japanese officials would tell her our location.  She would never think to check for us with Chinese officials, it wouldn;t make sense to.

Also, if we stayed at the Japanese Embassy, only Kyuhyun would be able to communicate with the servants and the other members of the community.  On the other hand, all of us could speak at least some Chinese.  Henry was fluent in Mandirin, having studied under a Chinese violin instructor for most of his life.  I was less familiar with the language, but I knew enough to get by.  Kyuhyun... well... Kyuhyun could ask where the bathroom was and declare he was the greatest... his Mandirin needed a bit of polishing...

Wanting to disspell his grumpiness, I grabbed Kyuhyun's arm and pulled him into the mansion.  The front doors led into a large foryer made completely of white marble.  A huge man-made waterfall emptied out into a fish pond that covered most of the room.  A cute little bridge led to the otherside of the room.

I hurried over to the bridge, crouching out to get a better look at the cretures in the pond.  I swirled my fingers in the water and giggled when the pretty little koi fish swam up and nibbled my fingers.  I turned to face Henry and Kyuhyun, pointing at the water excitedly.

"Guys, look!"

goldfish_in_outdoor_pond.png

Kyuhyun walked over and glanced in the water.  His forehead crinkled and he shrugged,

"What?  It's just a turtle"

I pouted slightly and Henry chuckled,

"We should name him Yesung!"

Kyuhyun looked completely lost, and I rolled my eyes.  I swear, he knew nothing. 

I finally crossed over the bridge, eager to see the rest of the house.  In the next room, a huge plasma screen tv took up a whole wall.  I barely glanced at the tv and was about to move to the next room when a gasp made me stop and look back.

Kyuhyun stood, staring at the tv, his eyes wide.  He hesitantly reached his hand out as if to see if it was real.  His fingers hit the HD screen and his eyes grew shiny with tears.  I looked at him, not really understanding what was going on.  Henry snorted and scoffed,

"Really, Kyuhyun?  Really?"

Kyuhyun never took his eyes off the tv as he whispered almost reverently,

"You don't understand.  This is the newest model... it's not out anywhere... I-i can't believe it"

He stepped closer, running his hands over the sleek surface lovingly.  I stared at him, not understanding how anyone could be so affected over a simple tv.  He the sleek, shiny surface admiringly, I coudn't help myself, and I began to giggle.  Kyuhyun snapped out of his daze and glared at me.  His harsh look only sent me over the edge and I doubled over with laughter.

"Bwahaha!  G-geez!  Y-you look like you're m-molesting it!"

I heard Henry chortle as he did his best to hold back his laughter.  I giggled and glanced up at Kyuhyun.  He shot me another poisonous look, and crossed his arms.  I wiped the tears from the corners of my eyes and took deep breaths until I had calmed down.

Kyuhyun huffed and stalked past me, heading into the next room.  I raised my eyebrows at Henry and he just grinned and rolled his eyes.  He threw his arm over my shoulder chuckling lightly,

"And that's the heir to Korea's biggest fortune... may Shisus help us all!"

I laughed and swatted him playfully.  Both of us cracked up when a pissy voice called from the next room,

"YA!  ARE YOU COMING OR NOT!?"

**********

The mansion was situated on our own private beach.  The backyard had a huge pool that was actually built right on top of the sand and jutted into the water.  The pool was divided into two parts by an elegant white deck.  All it took was a step down and you could go from the pool to the beach.

get_property_thumb4-52787.jpg

I lounged in a beach chair, smiling as warm ocean air ruffled my hair.  Henry was laying on a floating raft, his sunglasses pulled over his eyes as he snored softly.  Kyuhyum sat beside me, underneath a wide umbrella.  He wore a long sleeved shirt and he squinted as he tapped his ipad violently.

"Aren't you hot?" I asked, looking at his sweater.

He didn't look up from his ipad, and he mumbled,

"No, I burn easily... !  Damn, sneak attack!"

I rolled my eyes, and snatched the thin tablet from his hands.  He stared at his hands blankly for a few seconds before realizing they were empty.

"WOOKIE!" he yelled, his eyes blazing.

The sudden shout startled Henry awake and he fell off the raft.  He fell into the water and immediatley began flailing around as he panicked.  He emerged from the pool spluttering and dripping wet.  I looked at Henry, feeling slightly bad for causing his rude awakening, but Kyuhyun's eyes never left the ipad I had clutched in my hand.

"Give it back!" he hissed, his voice threatening.

My eyes narrowed and I shook my head stubbornly,

"No!  This is a vacation, we should be spending it together and having fun!"

"Starcraft is fun!" he defended, sounding slightly like a whiny child.

He kept trying to grab the tablet from me, but I managed to fight him off.  I quickly clicked the screen before smiling triumphantly.  He stopped struggling ang looked at me warily,

"What did you do?" he asked accusingly.

I smiled sweetly and held up his precious ipad.  He snatched it and tapped the screen, hoping to bring the tablet to life.  He growled when he saw that I had locked the screen.  He angriliy punched in random numbers, growing angrier and angrier when he was denied access each time.

By this time, Henry had made his way over to us, dripping cool water on me as he leaned over to see what was going on.  He laughed out loud when he saw that Kyuhyun had been locked out, he raised his hand and I gave him a high-five.

We both flinched slightly as Kyuhyun threw his precious ipad to the side and hissed,

"I'm gonna kill you!"

I was up and running before the last word was even out of his mouth.  I ran down to the beach, shrieking as I heard him chasing me.  The tide was high and the clear, blue water splashed my legs as I ran.  I wasn't really scared, I knew Kyuhyun wouldn't really hurt me, so it was really more fun than anything.

I screamed as Kyuhyun caught up with me, grabbing me around my waist.  I laughed as he pulled me down into the waves.  From the deck I could hear Henry laughing and egging Kyuhyun on as the eldest threw globs of wet sand at me.

I grinned and fought back, engaging in a full war.  Kyuhyun yelled as he pelted me with the sandy sludge, but the wide smile on his face told me he was really enjoying himself.  Secretly, I smiled smugly.  I knew he would thank me for taking away his technology.

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I stepped out of the shower, mindlessly watching the last dredges of sand slip down the drain.  I wrapped a towel around my waist and ran my hands through my hair, sending water droplets spraying around me.  I strolled back into my main bedroom, and looked up in surprise when I saw Henry laying on my bed.

He glanced up when I walked in.  I didn't really give him a second look as I walked to grab some clothes.

"What's up?" I asked him, digging around for some pants.

"Sooooo~ did you talk to Wook yet?"

I stiffened, but didn't respond.  Instead of the scolding I expected, Henry smiled and clapped his hands happily.  I looked at him, trying to dechipher his reaction.  He smiled widely and nodded,

"I thought so.  That's why I took the liberty of making a dinner reservation for the two of you"

I looked at him with wide eyes, not wanting to beleive he was telling the truth.  Unfortunately, it was quite obvious that he wasn't bluffing as he smirked, looking very pleased with himself.

"Henry, I don't think this is the best time..." I started, hoping I could find some way to get out of this.

My brother shot me a look, knowing my intentions.

"Well too bad!" he said, shrugging,

"Because Wookie is gonna walk into the room in 5...4...3...2...1..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just kind of a filler chappie.  I started school this week and basically, it a**

I've been way too tired and way to stressed to update, so I'm really sorry you guys *bows*

Updates are gonna be really slow because tennis practice has already started and I don't get back till like 7 ;w;

Plus, we've only been back 2 days and my teachers are already assigning 3 hours of homework a night!  

I HATE SCHOOL!!!!! >:(

Anyway, sorry again, and I hope you enjoyed the mindless nature of this update...

Comments = ~<3

Location: island of the lost toys... (aw, sadness ;_;)

Mood: stressed

Music: "Spy" by Super Junior (still not loving this song.... but I was impregnated from the sheer hottness of the M/V!  *Kyuwook magic-trick/change-up-thingy FTW*)