Chapter 43

I Aim to Please You...

Kyuhyun's POV

I shifted on my feet impatiently.  I stared at the door, willing Ryeowook to walk in.  Every time someone entered I felt my heart fill with anticipation, but I deflated when I saw it wasn't him.

"Chill, you look like you're gonna pee yourself"

I shot a mild glare at Henry.  There was still some tension between us, but I wasn't really mad at him anymore.  I decided to just pretend like that conversation had never happened.  I took a deep breath and plastered a fake smile on my face as I bowed to the guests.

While I talked, I kept my eyes trained on the entrance.  I felt my heart speed up when the person I was waiting for finally walked through the doors.  I hadn't been sure that Ryeowook would come, but now that he was here I felt a wave of relief wash over me.

I watched as he looked around nervously, biting his lips in anxiety.  He was even more beautiful than the last time I saw him.  Tonight he wore a pale blue dress that was draped around his body in the most appealing way possible.  The straps of the dress were off the shoulder, showcasing his perfectly sculpted collarbones.  The dress brushed the floor, but a thigh high slit revealed the creamy expanses of his legs.

Honestly, if I didn't already know he was a boy, I would think that I'd turned straight.  He was so beautiful it was almost scary.

I glared hatefully as I saw Siwon lean down and whisper something in his ear making him giggle and blush prettily.  I had to stop myself from simply walking over there and dragging Ryeowook away.  I had the the urge to simply grab him and run away from everything.  My desires must have been pretty obvious because Henry elbowed me in the ribs as he hissed,

"Stop looking like such a love sick puppy, he's gonna notice and then he'll know we're on to him.  Besides, you have to be careful, the has been watching you this whole time.  I quickly scanned the room and cursed softly when I saw that he was right.

Seohyun was on the opposite side of the room, but even so her cat-like eyes were glued to me.  I cursed softly and did my best not to let my eyes stray back to Ryeowook.  If Seohyun caught me staring then it could only mean trouble.  I shot another look in Seohyun's direction and groaned when she started walking towards me.

I cringed and idly wondered how her parents let her come to a black tie event dressed like a stripper.  Tonight she wore a gold, micro mini dress.  The v-neckline was so deep that it revealed her bellybutton.  Seriously, she looked so trashy I was embarrassed for her.

"Oppa!" she squealed as she glomped onto my arm.

Henry rolled his eyes and looked away with blatant disgust.  I grimaced but did my best to hide my hatred, I didn't want to make a scene.  She whined and did aegyo in a syrupy voice, in my peripheral vision I saw Henry gag at her annoying act. 

She not-so-subtly rubbed her body against mine, apparently trying to seduce me.  I rolled my eyes as her actions only succeeded in repulsing me further.  I frantically looked around for a way to escape.

Thankfully, it seemed like God took mercy on me because my eyes landed on Ryeowook and Siwon who were talking to each other a little ways away.

"I have to go talk to a potential investor" I told Seohyun as I quickly removed my arm from her grasp.

I started walking away before she could react and I made it over to the couple before she could stop me.  They seemed deep in conversation and they didn't even notice when I walked up.  Jealously flared up in my chest and I clenched my hands into fists, trying to stop myself from punching Siwon.

I took a deep breath and reminded myself that Ryeowook thought I was fooled.  I took a deep breath and when I felt like I could control myself I cleared my throat alerting them of my presence.

"Hello" I greeted somewhat awkwardly in Chinese, I still wasn't that comfortable with the language.

Siwon looked up and smiled nicely.

"Oh don't worry Mr. Cho, I can speak some Korean and Lixu here is fluent so she can translate if I don't understand"

I nodded, and smiled in thanks, my eyes locked on "Lixu".  He was ghostly pale and he fidgeted with his dress nervously.  He stared at his feet and seemed highly uncomfortable.

I began to talk to Siwon, my eyes still studying Ryeowook.  I found the handsome man was easy to talk to and slowly I tried to dig deeper.

"So how did you two meet?"  I asked innocently.

Ryeowook looked up, seemingly panicked, but Siwon chuckled and answered easily.

"I met her through a friend, Lixu was relatively new to China so I showed her around and stuff.  Our relationship grew from there.

I frowned slightly and couldn't help but wonder if his story was true.  It sounded plausible and I found myself getting worried.  I nodded, but in my head I was still trying to determine how much was a lie. 

I knew Ryeowook couldn't really be an and I assumed he was simply staying at that place without knowing what went on behind the closed doors.  He was much too innocent to know of those types of things.  Maybe Siwon really was his boyfriend...

I discredited such thoughts, if Ryeowook was really dating him then shouldn't they live together?  If they had been together for two years then it would seen almost normal for them to share the same bed.

But then again, I could still be wrong.  The fact that Ryeowook was here dressed as a woman said something.  Did he love Siwon enough to crossdress for him?  I found the very thought troubling. 

Right when I felt like I was going to burst from frustration and insecurity, Henry walked up and placed a calming hand on my shoulder.

"Hello" he said, bowing politely. 

He quickly started a conversation with Siwon in Chinese.  Ryeowook looked even more spooked by Henry's arrival and his grip on Siwon's arm grew noticeably tighter.  He shifted himself so he was slightly behind Siwon, hidden from our direct eyesight.

He was trembling slightly, and his head was bowed, hiding his face.  After a few minutes he tugged on Siwon's arm and gestured that he was going to leave him for a while.  Siwon smiled and nodded at him, quickly turning back to continue his conversation with Henry.

My brother caught my eye and he gestured for me to follow Ryeowook.  I nodded once and excused myself, heading in the direction I had seen Ryeowook go.

I managed to catch up with him, but I didn't dare approach him.  I peeked around the corner to watch him without any fear of being discovered.  He was shaking badly and I could see him leaning against a wall for support. 

"Aish, I shouldn't have come" I heard him whisper softly as he tugged on his dress.

I resisted the urge to comfort him, I literally bit my tongue to keep from calling out to him.  My heart shattered when his shoulders started to shake, I knew he was crying.  I reached out for him, but I stopped myself.  Henry's words flooded through my brain and I dropped my arms.

I turned away and squeezed my eyes shut.  I wrapped my arms around myself and slid down the wall until I was in a sitting position.  I could hear Ryeowook's quiet sobs, each cry was like a dagger to my heart.  I wanted so desperately to be with him that it physically hurt. 

I sat less than 10 feet from the man I loved, but that distance could have been miles.

It was the first time I understood what people meant when they said "so close, yet so far".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ty update, but I just really want to get this one done already...

Sorry for the bad quality, but I'm forcing my through writer's block... I swaer this story gives me more trouble than any ofmy other ones...

*sighs*

Location: oblivion...

Mood: frustrated

Music: "Break Down- Instrumental" by Super Junior- M (Lol, I just have the album on replay)